Back To The 70's

Cinemas filled to the brim for this...and the soundtrack is still the biggest selling soundtrack to this day...people are still buying the soundtrack (most of them getting the CD version to replace their LP records)

A very young John Travolta trained by Denny Terio to do those moves on the floor.

Bro, I also plan to to tour the Philippines but not on a big bike but on an old Macarthur Flathead vintage 4x4 jeep.

pre, that's a valuable piece that you have there. konti na lang ang mga willis at kennedy types na jeep sa pinas, tapos macarthur pa. sige, let's set the year! i remember in the 70s la pa gaanong japanese cars. puro made in the us or europe ang mga kotse. remember the fiat plant of the ysmael's sa e rodriguez? yung saan ang violago na ata ngayon??? meron doong giant robot. citroen also had a plant sa q blvd malapit sa banawe. all the latest gm, ford, chrysler and american motors (formerly the 4th biggest sa us, eto yung gumagawa ng rambler) models were sold.

tapos ang mga bus sa q blvd jd, md, dm at cam (quiapo-up and route). yung mm na bus lahat mercedes patungong pagasa at yung ibang dm project 8. yung de dios na dilaw at kahoy ang gilid project 2 &3. dati 15 centavos ang minimum! yung taxi na la mallorca at golden 20 centavos sa unang patak, tapos diyes.

just read today that there's an ongoing exhibit sa us on woodstock memorabilia. one guy kept the muddy jeans he wore, another the ticket stub. i know, '69 yon, pero i recall it was still being talked about up to the mid-70s. like a one-of-a-kind experience of love and peace for three days!!!

just read today that there's an ongoing exhibit sa us on woodstock memorabilia. one guy kept the muddy jeans he wore, another the ticket stub. i know, '69 yon, pero i recall it was still being talked about up to the mid-70s. like a one-of-a-kind experience of love and peace for three days!!!

Do you guys remember how many "peace" products there were during those days? My favorite was a black leather wristband with the peace sign. Then there was that movie, "The Trial of Billy Jack," which had two very memorable scenes, one where the Indian elders said, "If we are to have another civil war, let it begin here," after which the US soldiers threw away their M-16s and joined the Indian elders; and the other at the end when they sang "Give peace a chance" inside the church.

A very young John Travolta trained by Denny Terio to do those moves on the floor.

Denny Terio became famous for training John Travolta and landed a spot on TV in DANCE FEVER in the late 70s. Denny Terio's's dancing style on the TV show was clearly noticeable in John Travolta's dancing sequences in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.

Denny Terio became famous for training John Travolta and landed a spot on TV in DANCE FEVER in the late 70s. Denny Terio's's dancing style on the TV show was clearly noticeable in John Travolta's dancing sequences in SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.

We may consider Discorama as our local version of Dance Fever. The late Bobby Ledesma hosted this Saturday show that also featured Tito, Vic and Joey in their "Tough Hits Songs"portion. Who can forget, Vivian Velez sexy dance number which later became the opening film-clip-teaser of the show. Whoa!! in that particular Vivian episode, Bobby Ledesma was caught in the camera in one of his unguarded moments literally "nakanganga sa habang nanunuod" Fantastic 70's.

We may consider Discorama as our local version of Dance Fever. The late Bobby Ledesma hosted this Saturday show that also featured Tito, Vic and Joey in their "Tough Hits Songs"portion. Who can forget, Vivian Velez sexy dance number which later became the opening film-clip-teaser of the show. Whoa!! in that particular Vivian episode, Bobby Ledesma was caught in the camera in one of his unguarded moments literally "nakanganga sa habang nanunuod" Fantastic 70's.

I fondly remember Ariel Ureta's show called FOR THE BOYS I think it was shown on channel 13. there was the sexy starlet (forgot her name), while dancing to the rhythm of the disco beat her left breast was expose on live broadcast. after the commercial break all that Ariel can utter was "hindi maiiwasan ang aksidente, pasensiya na po". that was around 1977-1978.

I fondly remember Ariel Ureta's show called FOR THE BOYS I think it was shown on channel 13. there was the sexy starlet (forgot her name), while dancing to the rhythm of the disco beat her left breast was expose on live broadcast. after the commercial break all that Ariel can utter was "hindi maiiwasan ang aksidente, pasensiya na po". that was around 1977-1978.

I'm not quite sure but I believe she was Pia Moran(?)

There was similar incident during FAMAS Award night involving Didith Reyes. During her song number, the strap of her gown snapped thereby exposing her boobs to the delight of nationwide viewers. The song number was abruptly cut by a commercial.

pre, that's a valuable piece that you have there. konti na lang ang mga willis at kennedy types na jeep sa pinas, tapos macarthur pa. sige, let's set the year! i remember in the 70s la pa gaanong japanese cars. puro made in the us or europe ang mga kotse. remember the fiat plant of the ysmael's sa e rodriguez? yung saan ang violago na ata ngayon??? meron doong giant robot. citroen also had a plant sa q blvd malapit sa banawe. all the latest gm, ford, chrysler and american motors (formerly the 4th biggest sa us, eto yung gumagawa ng rambler) models were sold.

tapos ang mga bus sa q blvd jd, md, dm at cam (quiapo-up and route). yung mm na bus lahat mercedes patungong pagasa at yung ibang dm project 8. yung de dios na dilaw at kahoy ang gilid project 2 &3. dati 15 centavos ang minimum! yung taxi na la mallorca at golden 20 centavos sa unang patak, tapos diyes.

Actually, there are about 4 of them. All in good running condition. But, they belong to my cousins who live near Fort Magsaysay in Nueva Ecija. Marami pang pyesa and accessories na available sa Cabanatuan. Whether Ford or Willys. I could still remember that the fast ones are the M38s. When I was still a boy, we had 3 jeeps which we rented out to fish dealers in Malabon.

The most famous car in the late 60s and early 70s was the VW Beetle. I drove a German 1302s beetle when I was in UP. Sarap ng buhay ko noon. Nakadorm na sa Yakal, may kotse pa kahit 72 model na beetle. Loaded naman with magwheels, pioneer cassette stereo, proline equalizer and 6 x 9 3-way speakers.

The most famous car in the late 60s and early 70s was the VW Beetle. I drove a German 1302s beetle when I was in UP. Sarap ng buhay ko noon. Nakadorm na sa Yakal, may kotse pa kahit 72 model na beetle.

the first car i learned to drive was a 1965 ford corsair. this was sometime in 75 during high school. siyempre, we all wanted to learn how to drive. my dad sold this car for 4000 pesos in 1977. he bought it in 66 for 12,000 pesos brand new. i would love to get this car back. the old fords made in england in the 60s (corsair, cortina, zephyr, zodiac) and germany (taunus) were durable and hardly broke down. our first car was a studebaker, the only canadian car ever produced. very rare to find one today in running condition, even in north america.