Back To The 70's

Or nakatape na sa open reel or cassettes.

Usong drinks sa mga tipar e PUNCH :cool:

Lakas ng tama kapag daming vodka inilagay. Hindi halata. :P

actually maganda ang tunog ng reel to reel, and many radio stations still use this. pati nga yung 8-track cartridge in use pa, especially for ads and plugs. remember the jeepneys and the yellow minibuses on edsa with lots of tweeters, with their windshield view obstructed by these cartridges. tapos red or green lights. minsan makikita mo yung sa tabo mo lumalaklak ng corex o tikoy (tricodin)!!!

we used to make a drink called mestiza (one white castle lapad, one bottle of san mig, 1 bottle of sprite, konting calamansi, lots of ice). sweet and did not taste strong. before you knew it, hilo ng ang mga chicks!!!

Distinctly 70s:

Honda Minitrail (yung maliit na motorsiklo)

Minica

Dodge Colt

Torana

Toyota Crown

Sumalde, Etrata, Cabangbang (Tour of Luzon)

Nomata vs. Barrientos

Salavarria as world champ

Shin Dong Pa, Taniguchi, Nomata, Yu

Ral Rosario

World Softball Championship at the Rodriguez Sports Center (won by Canada; RP loses to US, 0-1)

World Basketball Championship at the Araneta Coliseum

C.O.D.

Alemars

Apartment compounds with gates left open, even at night

Red JD buses always being inspected by police before entering UP

we used to go at COD during the holidays to watch the audio animatronic presentation display. meron pa bang display sa COD every christmas season?

Sa alam ko, wala na yung COD. There's a different store there now. Matagal na rin wala yung Christmas shows nila. But that used to be an event every December. Crowds would gather outside COD to watch. At some time, COD even had those dancing mannequins.

The Cubao of the 1970s:

Assandas

Rempson's

Quezon Theater

Cinema 21

Queens Supermarket

Nation Theater

Commander Drug

San Mig sa Ali Mall

Expansion occurred in the latter half of the 1970s with the completion of Rustan's and Ali Mall. Today, the Araneta Center is going through reinvention, not just renovation. Nagiging sosyal na. The old Fiesta Carnival has been converted to Shop Wise, and there's construction on a large mall that will connect LRT2 to the MRT.

actually maganda ang tunog ng reel to reel, and many radio stations still use this. pati nga yung 8-track cartridge in use pa, especially for ads and plugs. remember the jeepneys and the yellow minibuses on edsa with lots of tweeters, with their windshield view obstructed by these cartridges. tapos red or green lights. minsan makikita mo yung sa tabo mo lumalaklak ng corex o tikoy (tricodin)!!!

we used to make a drink called mestiza (one white castle lapad, one bottle of san mig, 1 bottle of sprite, konting calamansi, lots of ice). sweet and did not taste strong. before you knew it, hilo ng ang mga chicks!!!

Me mga naitabi pa rin akong mga reel kaya lang sira na yung deck. Pinabayaan kasi. Me mabibili pa bang open reel player?

Di ko pa natry yang mestiza. Try kong gawin sa weekend. Father's day :upside:

Bro, 36+ ka na rin siguro.

Sa alam ko, wala na yung COD. There's a different store there now. Matagal na rin wala yung Christmas shows nila. But that used to be an event every December. Crowds would gather outside COD to watch. At some time, COD even had those dancing mannequins.

The Cubao of the 1970s:

Assandas

Rempson's

Quezon Theater

Cinema 21

Queens Supermarket

Nation Theater

Commander Drug

San Mig sa Ali Mall

Expansion occurred in the latter half of the 1970s with the completion of Rustan's and Ali Mall. Today, the Araneta Center is going through reinvention, not just renovation. Nagiging sosyal na. The old Fiesta Carnival has been converted to Shop Wise, and there's construction on a large mall that will connect LRT2 to the MRT.

Dagdag ko lang:

Farmers

New Frontier

Avesco

Coronet Theater

Diamond Theater

Aristocrat

Chopsticks

National Bookstore sa Araneta Big Dome

Miramar?

Fairmart

Marikina Shoe Expo

Bro, wala na akong turn table e. Pero I really liked the music of Chick Corea, Weather Report, Larry Coryell, Mahavishnu. Me cd ka ba niyan?

sayang, pare....if you still have a turntable ang daming LP's kang makukuha nina Chick Corea, Mahavishnu, John MacLaughlin, Coryell, Keith Jarrett etc dun sa basement ng MCS....

I have LP's of Weather Report and Mahavishnu, but mostly kung sa jazz madami ako dun sa mga ECM labels (Pat Metheny, Ralph Towner, Abercrombie, Gary Burton, etc). I have a tape deck and I record my LP's para kahit sa car napapakinggan ko - comparable na din sa CD ang tunog if you record from an LP and maganda ang tape deck mo.

CD's of the said artists are sometimes available at Tower and Music One, pare...

of course...i thought for a while some years back that kiss-fm would emulate wwk's playlist, or rj-fm would be revived. remember sometime in the early 80s when rj suddenly changed its playlist...i woke up one morning hearing "body rock" and thought, teka, mali ata ang sinalang na plaka. but as the day went on, nag iba ang tugtog talaga, panay pop. then i was told that someone took over rj pala, the group that owns mellow touch 94. fortunately, a few months later mukhang bumalik kay rj ang station niya sa jmt bldg sa sta. mesa.

it's disappointing na wala ng station ngayon that plays 70s, 80s rock. to their credit, nu is good, pero parang bitin pa rin. as you wrote, where can we hear chick corea, mahavishnu orchestra, weather report? iba na rin ang playlist ng ctlite 88 and crossover. hindi rin talaga jazz. i've had my fill of new age.

collector ka ba? you may want to visit the basement of makati cinema square. there's a shop there that has thousands. used to collect, but sold it to another collector kasi i needed the dough. hope to start one again.

yeah I remember that and bad trip talaga - kung kelan pa bumalik sa 'Pinas si RJ saka naging commercial tugtog sa RJ.

Wala nang station ngayon where you can hear those artists kaya kailangan sa CD or LP ka na lang. There used to be a one-hour show sa NU called Crossroads hosted by Cousin Hoagy where they play blues or 70's rock pero ngayon parang wala na din.

Yup, that's where I buy my LP's. You know, in the mid 90's madami sila dun sa basement na nagtitinda ng LP so madami kang pwedeng puntahan pero now iisa na lang siya dun, and he still got a solid collection of records for sale.

Pare, if you do start collecting again, we might bump into each other there at Makati Cinema Sq :D

pasingit ha....guys saan nakakabili ng turn table? may nabibilhan pa ba? na mi miss ko lang pakinggan yung mga old LPs ko....mga 60s and 70s pa.

Try the basement of makati cinema square. There are a number of 2nd hand audio stores doing business there. I am not sure if they have turntables in stock but you could get lucky.

Cheers!

What we called our friends then: pare, brad, tol, parj. No one called another person "dude." That was just too American, and during the 70s it was good (it was "in") to be Pinoy, from the Juan de la Cruz band to Banyuhay, from Florante to Sampaguita to Freddie Aguilar. You were admired if you could use the local language well. In music, there were practically no English language compositions from Filipino artists. No way, dude.

Edited by jt2003