Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Wag na sila pumunta dun.  Dito na lang sa MTC Legal thread, maraming abogado diba.

Uyyyyy..... plugging......

res ipsa loquitor... kumusta sa mga kapwa kapañeros

Uy, bagong member of the manyak lawyer's club.

Cyber, please do the hazing, I mean, initiation.

:D

Pardon me if this question has been asked before ...

Is the driver of a vehicle which hit a jaywalker liable for any damages ?

The general rule says yes.

But one can argue if the jaywalking was on the North or South Expressway. The driver of a vehicle is obligated to use all precautions as the circumstances dictates.

The amount of diligence required for the highway is different to the one required while driving in the city streets.

To determine liability, the plaintiff or the one suing must prove that the driver did not perform the REQUIRED diligence when the incident occured.

There are so many doctrines in torts law and it has been awhile since I read up on it. Cyber, please help out.

B)

Pardon me if this question has been asked before ...

Is the driver of a vehicle which hit a jaywalker liable for any damages ?

The general rule says yes.

But one can argue if the jaywalking was on the North or South Expressway. The driver of a vehicle is obligated to use all precautions as the circumstances dictates.

The amount of diligence required for the highway is different to the one required while driving in the city streets.

To determine liability, the plaintiff or the one suing must prove that the driver did not perform the REQUIRED diligence when the incident occured.

There are so many doctrines in torts law and it has been awhile since I read up on it. Cyber, please help out.

B)

Thanks sir Roubaix.

The facts are not complete but if I assume that the word used is jaywalker, such person has illegally crossed a road/street and was not in the proper place to cross.

As what Roubaix, the driver should have observed due diligence or compared to a good father of a family who has observed extraordinary (not just ordinary) care. It really depends on the facts.

But kung jaywalker yan, such person is a reckless pedestrian and should (I think), need to suffer the consequences of his act.

Edited by Cyber_pinoy

This is the situation. A friend of mine was driving along C5 going towards Pasig at around 10:00 pm. Then he hit this man (fortunately kamay lang at parang daplis lang) and he stopped to help the man. And then ngayon parang hinaharass na sya ng lalake. According to my friend, it happened in that section wherein curved yung road. He admitted that he didn't see that man but that section was supposed to be off-limits to pedestrian because of the steel railings in the island of the highway.

ark[K]night,Aug 6 2003, 06:08 AM] wow daming computer wizard pala dito.. .....

ano magandang firewall?

If you're using windows xp, may built-in firewall na ito, pero kung gusto mong software specifically ganito ang ginagawa, like now gamit ko yung Zone Alarm, pwede mo ring subukan Agnitum Outpost Firewall, BlackIce Defender,Keiro Personal Firewall or Norton Personal Firewall.

I use BlackIce too, pero nalalakihan ako sa resources na kinakain nya. mas ok ba Norton?

ark[K]night,Aug 6 2003, 06:08 AM] wow daming computer wizard pala dito.. .....

ano magandang firewall?

If you're using windows xp, may built-in firewall na ito, pero kung gusto mong software specifically ganito ang ginagawa, like now gamit ko yung Zone Alarm, pwede mo ring subukan Agnitum Outpost Firewall, BlackIce Defender,Keiro Personal Firewall or Norton Personal Firewall.

I use BlackIce too, pero nalalakihan ako sa resources na kinakain nya. mas ok ba Norton?

ganoon din ang norton, malaki din ang resources ang nakakain, subukan mo outpost firewall, or sygate firewall.

I have just set up a home network using a dsl router. Everything is fine except when i want to use the network for gaming (diablo, starcraft, etc). They are requesting for an ipx address or something.

1) Do i need to install novell in my PC and laptops?

2) Any other suggestion on how to go about this? (those with network gaming stores)

Thanks for the help :D

Guest lemon

1. if its asking for ipx addresses, somethings wrong with your game config lang--it shud be running on a tcp/ip network (w/c uses ip) instead of novell net (w/c uses ipx).

2. pero most likely ip address ang hinihingi. in which case, you just need to assign ip addresses to the net cards on your pcs. normally, ip addresses 10.0.0.x (where x is unique for each pc, 254 max. no.). there should be a space where you define the subnet mask, using these addresses, the mask shud be 255.0.0.0. you need not install novell. ur running the network peer-to-peer on tcp/ip.

on the other hand, you said "it works fine except...", does this mean ur pcs see each other in general except thru the games? if that's the case, then ur back to solution 1. hope i didn't confuse u further... :)

I have just set up a home network using a dsl router. Everything is fine except when i want to use the network for gaming (diablo, starcraft, etc). They are requesting for an ipx address or something.

2) Any other suggestion on how to go about this? (those with network gaming stores)

Thanks for the help :D

Most new network games doesnt need ipx protocol, make sure all your pc's have ip addresses.

to check. if using Win2k/XP go to command prompt and type ipconfig, then it will show your ip. If using win95/98 under the run command type winipcfg to check on the ip address.

To make sure the other pcs can see each other ping them using their ip's

in the command prompt type: ping 192.168.0.1 assuming the ip of the other pc. if got a request then they can see each other.

Usually when playing a network game for example counterstrike, when you join the lan game it will show 2 connection 1 ipx the other tcp/ip, you need to choose tcp/ip for faster network gaming.

1. if its asking for ipx addresses, somethings wrong with your game config lang--it shud be running on a tcp/ip network (w/c uses ip) instead of novell net (w/c uses ipx).

2. pero most likely ip address ang hinihingi. in which case, you just need to assign ip addresses to the net cards on your pcs. normally, ip addresses 10.0.0.x (where x is unique for each pc, 254 max. no.). there should be a space where you define the subnet mask, using these addresses, the mask shud be 255.0.0.0. you need not install novell. ur running the network peer-to-peer on tcp/ip.

on the other hand, you said "it works fine except...", does this mean ur pcs see each other in general except thru the games? if that's the case, then ur back to solution 1. hope i didn't confuse u further... :)

thanks for the help :D .... here are my comments

1) i tested it using starcraft and duke nukem 3d and they were requiring ipx address. i know this is weird coz i know i should only be using ip addresses

2) i already have assigned ip addresses to the 3 pcs. i use the firmware of the dsl router i'm using. i know the settings are all right coz im able to surf the net at once using the 3 pcs even tho dsl only provides one ip address.

3) it works fine meaning i am able to share files and view the files of each pc except when network gaming. i'm planning to try it with diablo one of these days. may be it might work there.

Most new network games doesnt need ipx protocol, make sure all your pc's have ip addresses.

to check. if using Win2k/XP go to command prompt and type ipconfig, then it will show your ip. If using win95/98 under the run command type winipcfg to check on the ip address.

To make sure the other pcs can see each other ping them using their ip's

in the command prompt type: ping 192.168.0.1 assuming the ip of the other pc. if got a request then they can see each other.

Usually when playing a network game for example counterstrike, when you join the lan game it will show 2 connection 1 ipx the other tcp/ip, you need to choose tcp/ip for faster network gaming.

hhhmmmm starcraft is only looking for ipx. and not ip i think

to all abogados of MTC,

anong case ang pwedeng i-file sa guy na nakadesgrasya o nakabuntis ng girl at pagkatapos ay tinakbuhan? and pagdating sa sustento sa bata? my price ba na kung magkano dapat ang pwedeng hingin dun sa guy o depende sa guy kung magkano ang gusto nya ibigay?? :unsure:  madaming talamat po.. :)

NOOX:

If the lady is already of age... and consensual ang act, menaing nag talik sila na di naman siya pinilit or di sya ni rape, walang kaso except for action for support para sa bata pag ni recognize ng lalake or action for recognition na anak ng guy yung bata kung di ito ni recognize.

kung may deciet or panloloko kaya na buntisan si babae pwede kasuhan ng simple seduction

Kung minor naman ang babae pwedeng kasuhan ng statutory rape pag below12 or qualified seduction pag above 12 years old but below 18

Butsoy

magkano ba ang pwedeng hingin na sustento dun sa lalaki? at incase na hindi sya pumayag pwede bang idemanda?

maraming salamat ulit..

Thanks for the help  :D

Using the IPX protocol means that you are using the the unique -- hard-coded to the chip -- MAC address of your network card (this is different from IP addresses which are set up by the user for each PC on the network). Which means that it works even if you do not configure the TCP/IP protocol.

Baka naman wala kang IPX or IPX compatible protocol installed sa computers mo, TCP/IP lang supported mo, kaya ayaw gumana ng games and other softwares that use IPX services. Kung kelangan ng IPX support, provide mo. Most network games that I know of use IPX because packet destinations are resolved at the NIC card... no need to check the configured IP address...

To add support for IPX, go to Local Network Connection Properties, click install, select protocol, then find a protocol that mentions IPX or an IPX compatible. After that, restart the PC... no need to configure. ;)

Edited by leinad31
planning to buy a new pc.  ano maganda????

pc ko ngayon p3, 10gb hd, 64mb ram.  pangit.

di ako makalaro.

meron ba pwede bilhan d2?

First of all, magkano budget mo?... next is, do you have qualms with using AMD as the CPU (brand conscious ka ba?)... lastly, san mo ba gagamitin yung PC?

Edited by leinad31
to all abogados of MTC,

anong case ang pwedeng i-file sa guy na nakadesgrasya o nakabuntis ng girl at pagkatapos ay tinakbuhan? and pagdating sa sustento sa bata? my price ba na kung magkano dapat ang pwedeng hingin dun sa guy o depende sa guy kung magkano ang gusto nya ibigay?? :unsure:  madaming talamat po.. :)

NOOX:

If the lady is already of age... and consensual ang act, menaing nag talik sila na di naman siya pinilit or di sya ni rape, walang kaso except for action for support para sa bata pag ni recognize ng lalake or action for recognition na anak ng guy yung bata kung di ito ni recognize.

kung may deciet or panloloko kaya na buntisan si babae pwede kasuhan ng simple seduction

Kung minor naman ang babae pwedeng kasuhan ng statutory rape pag below12 or qualified seduction pag above 12 years old but below 18

Butsoy

magkano ba ang pwedeng hingin na sustento dun sa lalaki? at incase na hindi sya pumayag pwede bang idemanda?

maraming salamat ulit..

PARENG NOOX, 'yung amount of support is dependent on two things: 1. the needs of the child and 2. the capacity of the person obliged to give support. So you may start with the breakdown of expenses from food, milk, clothing, diapers, shelter, medicine at medical expenses.

If he refuses, then pwede mag-file ng civil case for support in the name of the child as represented by the monther. Kung i-deny nya na kanya yung bata, papatunayan nya muna na talagang anak sya nung tatay. Kung hindi naman nya idine-deny, then yung amount lang ang pag-uusapan based dun sa above discussion.

From experience, it is better to sit down with the PUTATIVE FATHER (parang mura 'yung tunog talaga nun.. :P ) and then draft a Contract for the Support of the Minor Child which should contain, among other things, that the father recognizes the child as his own, the amount of support, manner of giving it (kung sa isang bank account, cash, in kind, etc.), tuwing kailan (every 5th of the month, etc), visitorial rights ng ama (para may kunswelo-de-bobo naman sya) at iba pa. AT tapos, ipa-notaryo sa inyong suking Notary Public.

If you need a sample, please PM me na lang so I can send you one that you can use as a working draft.

Kung hindi sya sumunod sa mga terms nitong contract, maaari namang mag-file ng case for enforcement of this contract, at least mas madali na kasi you don't have to prove PATERNITY kasi inamin na nya sa public document.

This is the situation. A friend of mine was driving along C5 going towards Pasig at around 10:00 pm. Then he hit this man (fortunately kamay lang at parang daplis lang) and he stopped to help the man. And then ngayon parang hinaharass na sya ng lalake. According to my friend, it happened in that section wherein curved yung road. He admitted that he didn't see that man but that section was supposed to be off-limits to pedestrian because of the steel railings in the island of the highway.

That is a common M.O. for the squatters who play the roads. I think they are trained to harass in case they ever get hit.

Tell your friend not to take it too lightly. I had a client who didn't take seriously and had a reckless imprudence case filed against him.

In case the guy does not have your friend's address, he is pretty safe. If not, expect unfriendly visits.

Since the damage was quite minimal, it probably won't prosper to a criminal case in case a complaint is filed.

Good luck to your friend.