Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Hey may tanong ako sa nakakaalam based sa bilis ng read write alin mas mabilis fat32 o ntfs?

Ewan ko din sa bilis ng read/write... pero ang alam kong advantage nya ay minimized ang fragmentation sa NTFS unlike FAT. So I guess kung konti lang fragmented files eh di mas mabilis...

Pero stick to FAT pa rin ako sa PC ko until using NTFS becomes a lot more convenient and practical...

Cyber_pinoy,

You are back. Missed your inputs. What's up?

Nothing much sir. I've been around but was just on a read mode. But I will never leave the Legal Thread. I fully support the objectives of this thread.

I'm kinda busy with work and the upcoming Bar Operations 2003. Medyo may fear and doubts na ang mga barristers namin, kaya we have to give our full support.

I'll be around sir......

HI!!!!

kompyuter thread po, if ever anybody needs advice, questions, troubleshooting or anything computer related *:P

:wizard:

hello guys...

We are making Bill Gates richer... :boo:

Does any one here tried Linux?

If the three "most important" softwares for me and been using for the last 8 years will be supported in Linux? then maybe....but for now I'll stick with win2k/winxp. Internet? well, I can still browse the internet with IE on win98 w/o much hassles. :D

Ewan ko din sa bilis ng read/write... pero ang alam kong advantage nya ay minimized ang fragmentation sa NTFS unlike FAT. So I guess kung konti lang fragmented files eh di mas mabilis...

Pero stick to FAT pa rin ako sa PC ko until using NTFS becomes a lot more convenient and practical...

After using NTFS for long while, I don't want to go back to fat32 anymore. :call: :P

Frank:

If yer desktop still belongs to the elite Pentium group (PIIIs to PIVs), there's no need to go for a laptop. Unless of course if yer kids are gonna be away from home - if ye'r from the province or something. The only advantage of laptop computers is, needless to say, mobility. Quite expensive as well. Upgrading can be a pain in the arse. You only use laptops if ye'r working for a company that makes u travel, do presentations, on-the-fly imaginative marketing - the works. And apparently, laptops were'nt really designed for gaming. ;)

Salamat po sir. Nope, it wasn't obstructing the free flow of traffic in that area (within downtown Manila). In fact, it was in a secondary, obscure street that I have parked numerous times in the past.

I was very much bothered by the fact that:

1) They cannot provide any particular regulation, municipal or MMDA ordinance of my particular traffic penalty except that I have to pay for Php 200 (with receipt from City of Manila) and 1500 (for towing charges for first 4 kms which I think is quite unreasonable amount)

2) My car was singled out being a new CRV model while the other vehicles parked in the same side of the street as me were left out

Is there any particular person or email address to write to?

Thanks,

-jackryan 8)

Jack Ryan, tanong lang po kung ikaw ba iyong prtege ni Tom Clancy? :P

Tanong lang din po. Mag one year na po ako sa company namin. My employer promised to give me Pxxxx.xx after three months ng probation period ko. Until now, di pa rin po binibigay. I asked for an employment contract before para may document po akong pinanghahawakan, wala pong ibinigay sa akin. Pag I am asking my employer for my pay, sabi di pa kaya ibigay ng company. Pano ko po sasabihin sa kanila na they should give me the amount promised to me? Hirap lang po kasi maghanap ng work ngayon. Whew... :cry:

guys i need help i have kids one fourth year high school going to college and one in high school.We have a PC at home. My question is do i need a laptop.Ano pros and cons ng laptop.The laptop pldt is advertising ok ba yon.Thanks for those who are going to reply.And have a good day to all.

As Ethereal explained, mobility is the primary reason to get a laptop. So the question is, would mobility be a necessity later on if not now. Kung Computer Science related, involves lots of multimedia presentations, or involves numerous group brainstorming sessions with a PC course ng mga anak mo, laking pasalamat nila sa iyo kung laptop kunin mo. ;) Mahirap magbitbit ng desktop sa school every time na lang may demo, or presentation, at during thesis defense (sa mga ComSci). Lalong advantageous kung may LAN card laptop at desktop; you can easily transfer files between the two or share an internet connection.

So mangyayaring setup kapag ganun, sa kanila desktop sa iyo laptop. Pero pwede nila hiramin laptop kung kelangan for school ek ek. B)

Edited by leinad31

Jack Ryan, tanong lang po kung ikaw ba iyong prtege ni Tom Clancy? :P

Tanong lang din po. Mag one year na po ako sa company namin. My employer promised to give me Pxxxx.xx after three months ng probation period ko. Until now, di pa rin po binibigay. I asked for an employment contract before para may document po akong pinanghahawakan, wala pong ibinigay sa akin. Pag I am asking my employer for my pay, sabi di pa kaya ibigay ng company. Pano ko po sasabihin sa kanila na they should give me the amount promised to me? Hirap lang po kasi maghanap ng work ngayon. Whew... :cry:

zoya,

What is the nature of your job? The law says that you if work one day over 6 months, you become a regular employee.

Since you are hired under the guise of probation, it necessarily follows, that you beomce regular after a given period never to exceed 6 months.

If you have been working this past year without pay? or little pay? Whatever the case may be, I admire you for taking the sacrifice.

Feel free to add more data so that we may help you more.

Oks ba cyber?

:P

Medyo magulo ang facts. Your friend is being charged of "forging" a signature for a letter of termination? Who was terminated? Your friend or another employee. If such was the case, was the termination of the said employee valid? Who instructed your friend to place the scanned signature in the first place. In case of forgery, there must be a showing that such forgery was intended to defraud someone. Without such intent (criminal intent) there cannot be any crime. Thus, if your friend was instructed to terminate the employee in the first place, then there cannot be any forgery because he was given the authority to terminate in the first place.

medyo magulo nga po ung pagkalahad ko....

naterminate ung friend ko thru yahoo messenger of his boss which is nasa US that time....his boss send him a termination letter without his(boss) signature....yong kasamahan nya nag suggest na gamitin ung scanned signature to make the termination latter be formal......so he did it.....with a witnesses na pinirmahan ng kasamahan nyang nga suggest na gamitin ung signature at yong executive secretary ng company.......

so may laban po ba yong friend ko if ever mag file ng case against him?....... :o

bale ano po yong kaparusahan ng case na yan?....

maraming salamat po... :)

Ok yan sir.

May I add to that, an employer impresses their new employees for an increase in salary when you are in your probation period. But these employers never put their promises in writing. They always inform the employee verbally. Once you are regularized, you will be expecting your increase, but unfortunately, there is such a term as management's prerogatives wherein the increase in salary is covered. This may also be in form of bonuses, incentive pay and etc, of the same nature.

The employer can't commit itself to their promises, specially if conveyed verbally because they can tell you all the reasons in the world not to increase your salary for the moment.

If I were you, you should have asked a commitment letter from your employer before you accepted their offer. At least you could have shown said commitment letter in the time of regularization.

What you think sir Roubaix?

leinad31 thank you sa reply mo.

Kung di ComSci course ang kunin ng kid ko will the laptop come in handy.Gamitin kaya ang laptop.Now I am having second thoughts leinad31.Ano added advantage ng laptop even though may PC na ako.

Maraming salamat po.

PS

Ok ba yun laptop advertise by pldt?

Tama yung sinasabi nila na ang laptop ang primary advantage over the PC is mobility. Kung kailangan ng mga kids mo na laging may bitbit na PC then go for the laptop, kahit IT or non - IT course.

Let me share to you some guidelines in deciding:

* Choose the laptop, as I have said earlier, if you need a computer besides you.

* Choose the laptop if you like having your notes organized.

* Choose the laptop if you're school or work is very far from home.

* Choose the laptop if there are presentations to shown

* If you're into computer programming, it is better to do most of your programming in a PC.

* If you like to share files and copy files from other PCs, have a laptop with you.

* If you like to take your work home and you don't like bringing floppy disks, then buy a laptop.

Hope this helps :)

Ok yan sir.

May I add to that, an employer impresses their new employees for an increase in salary when you are in your probation period. But these employers never put their promises in writing. They always inform the employee verbally. Once you are regularized, you will be expecting your increase, but unfortunately, there is such a term as management's prerogatives wherein the increase in salary is covered. This may also be in form of bonuses, incentive pay and etc, of the same nature.

The employer can't commit itself to their promises, specially if conveyed verbally because they can tell you all the reasons in the world not to increase your salary for the moment.

If I were you, you should have asked a commitment letter from your employer before you accepted their offer. At least you could have shown said commitment letter in the time of regularization.

What you think sir Roubaix?

tanx cyber binigyan mo ako ng idea on what to do if that will happen to me.....actually nangyari na yan sa akin pero deadma lang ako......

next time gawin ko yan pag na open nya sa akin yong topic na yan.... :)

Frank:

If yer desktop still belongs to the elite Pentium group (PIIIs to PIVs), there's no need to go for a laptop. Unless of course if yer kids are gonna be away from home - if ye'r from the province or something. The only advantage of laptop computers is, needless to say, mobility. Quite expensive as well. Upgrading can be a pain in the arse. You only use laptops if ye'r working for a company that makes u travel, do presentations, on-the-fly imaginative marketing - the works. And apparently, laptops were'nt really designed for gaming. ;)

Hi pips

The only disadvantage of having a laptop or mobile pc is the upgrading...its too expensive.

ROM. Hard DisK and other I/O devices...the features and model are evolving too fast....when you buy any laptop 2 day and you get (daw)the most highend all-in-all...well 2moro its obselete na....yan ang laptop mga bro...well if u can afford it why not...get the best laptop...like celfones....palit ka lang...kung obselete na ang mga features.

Im using my ever loyal P2 333 pc...still working....and it runs in linux....

try to consider the following in buying a PC

1. Purpose

2. Price

3. features

4.Obsolescence

5. back to 1 :)