Free Legal Advice

Butsoy

Guest Dobermaxx
Hello. I have a question regarding game consoles. I didn't know if it's covered in this thread, but I do hope you can help me. My son asked his godmother, who's in th UK, for a gameboy advance. Now she tells that she's gonna buy a gameboy advance sp. Problem is, it's PAL and she was asking me if it was compatible with the games sold here. What do you think?

I bought a gameboy advance when i was in london and ive been using games that i bought here. No problem. It isn't actually PAL because it doesn't output to a TV. The games will work.

sorry if my question is quite off sa topic. (mejo lang naman ehh.. heheh...  ;) )

i just wanna ask what gadgets or stuffs could i use to transfer movies/stuff from VHS or beta  :blink: tapes to vcd? i mean anong mga kailangan ko... me burner kasi kami. kaya lng am not that knowledgeable sa mga editing and stuff like that. like anong mga cable kailangan ko... pati rin yung mga galing sa videocam...

salamat.. sana may pumansin sa akin...  :blink:  :blush:

The_Maw is right. You should use a video capture card. Look for cards that have RCA connectors for analog players like beta or VHS and S-Video connectors for digital cameras(ex.V8,etc.). Take note that the higher the price, the better the performance(ex.resolution,quality,etc.). Recommended capture cards are the Snazzi, ATI, and Pinnacle Studio. Winfast is the cheapest and could be recommended for starters. You also need encoders(ex.Flash for SVCD,Virtual Dub for AVI,etc.) to convert your VHS, DVD, etc. to a digital file; Codecs like Quicktime & Nimo helps your PC to read some formats that could not be read by the default Windows Media Player and Editing tools like Adobe Premiere to organize and add some touches(optional) to your captured work. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by Turol

Mga attorneys,

There is this law, RA 9208 The Anti Trafficking Act of 2003, which the news

said would punished the engaging of the service of a prostitute, maximum

penalty of a fine of P 100 K and a year jail sentence!

Tama ba ito, paano na ngayon going to the MP and other places?

Any enlightenment? Thanks

Does this also apply to captured videos from vidcams?

I'm using a sony handycam video8 CCD-TR54 NTSC and I'm transferring videos to my harddisc using Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP. I connected teh videocam's video-out and audio-out to the video capture card's video-in and audio-in. I then connected the video capture card's audio out to the sound card's audio-in and the soundcard's audio-out to my speakers. Okay naman. No problems so far. :)

Oh, and before I bought a Leadtek Winfast TV 2000 XP, I had a Pinnacle Studio VCD. Bought Pinnacle Studio VCD at Villman for about 3,700. The disadvantage is that you can't connect your cable TV. Had to sell it for around P2k then bought Winfast. No regrets so far.

guys, mejo off- topic lang pero pc related....2long naman sa mga nakakaalam...naka xp ako and mydsl connection...problema ko.... i couldn't check my emails sa yahoo and hotmail....tapos di din ako makapag post sa message boards unless gamitin ko yung dial up ko :( 2long naman... what's weird is pag nde ako naka xp ok naman siya kaso dame lang bugs pag win2000 and 98....heeeeelp!!! thanx in advance

crocop: weird problems mo ah. i'm using xp and mydsl myself with no problems. siguro check mo yung settings ng connection mo. are you using direct connection or enternet client? tama ba settings mo. the guys at the mydsl helpdesk should be able to do that for you.

tapos, baka meron kang filter software na on. or di kaya settings ng browser mo to limit visits to those sites? alam ko ala namang proxy mydsl, laptop ka ba or desktop.

too many variables. you may want to send more info for diagnosis.

Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

TY sa legal aid services nyo... Butsoy was out of town for the past weeks nag bakasyun.. then na busy sa National Convention ng Lawyers..

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

Sa lahat ng Panyeros:

TY sa legal aid services nyo... Butsoy was out of town for the past weeks nag bakasyun.. then na busy sa National Convention ng Lawyers..

Keep up olur good work.... kahit na walang recognition sa mga admin at moderators dito... and kahit na madaya ang moderators at admin dito... Imagine abugado na dinadaya pa...

Butsoy

any problem po kgg. butsoy? :unsure:

labo nga eh...tinry ko na tanngalin yung firewalls....(sygate, and xp)....ni reinstall ko yung system ko...finormat ko yung disks ko...ganon pa din...

-panong directo connection or ethernet client?

-default setting lang lahat ang ginagawa ko except nung una tinry ko ibaba lahat ng setting and firewalls ko.....naka desktop ako nga pla

labo nga eh...tinry ko na tanngalin yung firewalls....(sygate, and xp)....ni reinstall ko yung system ko...finormat ko yung disks ko...ganon pa din...

-panong directo connection or ethernet client?

-default setting lang lahat ang ginagawa ko except nung una tinry ko ibaba lahat ng setting and firewalls ko.....naka desktop ako nga pla