What's So Special About Starbucks?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The coffee is nothing special. Just as the guy (I think it was Pauly) said on "The Sopranos", LOL: These motherf'ers are stealing our culture!

Buckstars ain't nothing but slick marketing and a gimmick. Italians have been making coffee like they serve for ages. It's just expresso beans (for the most part) mixed with foamed milk, chocolate syrup, caramel, etc.

Personally I don't see why/how it's so popular in Phils, it's dayang expensive. Even in Japan it's a running joke about the price, about $4 for the largest (used to be called grande but now they call it something else, I forgot :rolleyes: ) size. When I am in Manila though, it is nice to stop and have an iced latte since it's easy to get a bit hot after a few minutes of walking, LOL, and get to view some eye candy at Greenbelt or some other such place.

That's the only reason I'd stop there, it's not the coffee. Personally I prefer Segafredo over Bucks which you have at Greenbelt 3 but haven't seen many in Phils...

i've been a patron since it started their biz in manila....but just last june 2006, i just tried for the first time their hot choco thru my officemate..damn...it was ssooooooooo f#&king goooooodddd....

right now, i am into iced chocolate..just ask for an extra pump of the choco syrup...shet, ICED CHOCOLATE IS LOVE!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The coffee is nothing special. Just as the guy (I think it was Pauly) said on "The Sopranos", LOL: These motherf'ers are stealing our culture!

Buckstars ain't nothing but slick marketing and a gimmick. Italians have been making coffee like they serve for ages. It's just expresso beans (for the most part) mixed with foamed milk, chocolate syrup, caramel, etc.

Personally I don't see why/how it's so popular in Phils, it's dayang expensive. Even in Japan it's a running joke about the price, about $4 for the largest (used to be called grande but now they call it something else, I forgot :rolleyes: ) size. When I am in Manila though, it is nice to stop and have an iced latte since it's easy to get a bit hot after a few minutes of walking, LOL, and get to view some eye candy at Greenbelt or some other such place.

That's the only reason I'd stop there, it's not the coffee. Personally I prefer Segafredo over Bucks which you have at Greenbelt 3 but haven't seen many in Phils...

the largest size they have is called a venti.

• 2 weeks later...

Its like a place to hang out like a bar. Now turning into a study hall where one can order a 100 peso coffee and stay there all day without the conscience of being disturbed or being asked to leave.

Its a place to watch cute girls who feel they are in the elite social class since the can spend the weeks baon to stay there and find a DOM or a rich BF to supply her with her coffee needs.

Its a place for call center people who are stressed out to shout out loud and irritate the othe people enjoying the cup of coffee in silence. But cannot object since they are making every peso of the coffee worth it.

Its a Pick up place for Men who like gays dressed and look more beautiful than the actual women.

Its a meeting place for first time horny people who want to have SEB or ONS and seduce the girl by bringing her to drink erotic coffee.

But for Whatever it is I like Starbucks. Raspberry Misto. No other coffee shop can match this blend thats why I stay there. Hey its a free country for whatever reason its the marketing that makes Starbucks no. 1 here.

Oh BTW its only in the Philippines that Ive observed the people stay until closine Hehehe!

Hmmm, buying one of those tumbler is an alternative though hehehe, just buy a coffee maker and put it in your office. Perhaps, before you leave home for work, fill that tumbler with home brewed coffee hehehe... but i do love starbucks though, one place you can be alone with yet with the company of so many people of different people. Nice.

What's so special? For me..I think its the "Quality"...its the best quality products and services that they sell that makes them on top of the business. Brand name?...well...you have got to have the best quality to achieve that. Just like any other Brand names that sells worldwide.

As for their marketing gimmick...that their shops is the "third place" to be, the third besides your home and your office, in which i think sells very well. So, who thought of that before? No one else but them. Can you patent that "third place to be" idea?...nope, but the only thing they could do is to have the right quality to stand out from the rest. Thats what i think, thats what make them so special.

Im just one of the coffee drinker out there who loves their coffee of the day. As for the price...comparatively speaking, for the same short sized 8 oz drip coffee, starbucks sells it @ Ph75.00 and figaro sell it @ Ph69.00; not much difference isnt it? 6pesos?

...just my 2 cents ;-) :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

There is nothing special about starbucks... except that it has become most people's 3rd place (if you watched You've Got Mail).... They say your home is the first, the office is the second and third is the coffee shop where you can relax and hang out.

In a generation where going out means having to sit and have coffee among friends than going to bars or discos, Starbucks has become one of the major places to hang out.

Maybe I have been watching too much F.R.I.E.N.D.S

:D