What's So Special About Starbucks?

i agree with some of the posts here

and you're pathetic if youre one of those types :lol:

sipping a coffee for more than an our so you'll look sosyal

thats plain BS in my opinion

hahah

Right! i can sit at the carinderia and have coffee and look sosyal... theres people who hangout sa starbucks just to be seen sitting there and display whatever there is to display and still look dugyot... pathetic.

Perhaps coffee connotes a WHOLESOME yet MATURE or BUSINESS-LIKE thought ..... compared to joint that servers ALCOHOL which may connote getting drunk etc etc.....

If plain food naman .... this may just connote a FRIENDLY fare ...

i just wonder why its a common meeting place for dates? i mean i hate coffee.

I say nothing really, especially with so many equally good or even better coffee house now operating......

Except maybe.... the name...STARBUCKS.... two syllables only and easy to recall.....

the first to really do serious marketing and promotions....

An American Brand....

ummmm what else is there??

ambiance?? so does several other coffee house I can think off...

Price?? some equally or better coffee house are much more competitive.....

Service??? so does other coffee house... equally or better service...

Personnel?? young, smart, courteous, efficient..... same as a few others...

Maybe the Coffee??? ahhhh... to connoisseurs there are others who are better... depend really on individual taste..but to most... they don't know the difference between an arabica from a robusta or Jamaican from a French blend.

Cakes and pastry?? umm I can think of better chocolate cakes, or sandwitches or cookies...

sO what really the difference??

I don't really see any...... its easier to say and recall Starbucks from coffee beaneary, bo's, UCC seattles best or Nene's Coffee haws ( bacolod market??) hehehe...

• 2 weeks later...

starbucks is nothing but a "be seen" establishment. nothing is special with their products--- I can easily duplicate what they have at home. overpriced ordinary coffee. CBTL and GJ are way, way better.

It has become the tambayan ng mga social climbers, mga pick up girls and gays, and this is turning off some of the legit customers who want to make business or meet with colleagues.

2 hours for a short cafe latte? come on, 15 minutes after brewing, wala na ang impact ng coffee.

onli in da pilipins.

i only had coffee there once.. cappuccino nga ata un. hindi ko na matandaan. as far as i know, sa US, hindi naman un talaga ang sosyal na coffee shop..

hmm.. it's okay. back in college, i thought it was really good. felt a bit disappointed when i had mocha frap from starbucks.. mas gusto ko pa ung sa figaro. anyway, masarap din naman.. (sabay palubag loob eh no... hehe!)

starbucks is nothing but a "be seen" establishment. nothing is special with their products--- I can easily duplicate what they have at home. overpriced ordinary coffee. CBTL and GJ are way, way better.

It has become the tambayan ng mga social climbers, mga pick up girls and gays, and this is turning off some of the legit customers who want to make business or meet with colleagues.

2 hours for a short cafe latte? come on, 15 minutes after brewing, wala na ang impact ng coffee.

onli in da pilipins.

totally agree with you bro.

but really... what's so special about starbucks is not starbucks. it's the chicks who hang around in starbucks!

NAXS!

• 1 month later...

whats the difference between a jeepney and a BMW?

they both serve a niche purpose. One costs a lot and the other not? ask people their opinion and your answers will vary and accordingly to social class. Similar to Starbucks. Yes it is not for everyone but it serves a niche and does it well.