What's So Special About Starbucks?

It's actually the image (packaging & ambiance) that you're buying when you go to starbucks.

Their food - pastries & sandwiches, are nothing extraordinary in taste & presentation.

Their coffee is so-so.

But, I still go there. ;)

I enjoy the crowd... their overpriced cinnamon swirl, and my fave mango frap. hehehe

• 3 months later...

hmm... as for me, well, it's just something i got used to i guess. force of habit? been a starbucks costumer since grade 7 (the first starbucks branch that i frequent back then was starbucks katipunan.) nowadays though, i go there after hitting the gyms.

now what's so special about starbucks? well for me, it's the coffee. i'm not saying that it's the best objectively, but for my tastes, it's pretty good. give be a nice book, an ashtray and a venti cup of hot mocha with and extra espresso shot and i am set. XD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I basically just LOVE espresso. Home-brewed coffee is never quite as good as something from a legit espresso stand.

Starbucks isn't my favorite coffee place but I like it because they serve the same stuff everywhere and the ambiance is always great. I can have a cup of Starbucks coffee in Orlando and have a very similar tasting cup in Vancouver, BC.

But it's different for us here I guess. I do think that for some people who are so in love with Starbucks in the Philippines, it has more to do with what it makes them look like than their appreciation of the taste or the ambiance.

• 1 month later...