What's So Special About Starbucks?

Well it's definitely NOT the coffee... Their brewed coffee tastes like last night's used coffee grounds and all that blended frou-frou crap with cream is just plain ridiculous.

Really, what can be a gayer sight than a buffed-up guy sipping a 'mocha frap' (god i hate those shortcuts) with whipped cream?

Me? Give me "forty-five-choice-co-ffee-beans-in-a-cup-of-blend-forty-five!" - remember to get your syLLAbles correct when you sing.

uso-uso / gaya-gaya ang pinoy esp. pag may nag-hit sa amerika at nagkaroon ng branch/ franchise dito.

pag may mag-hit na TAHO-shop na sosyal sa amerika, just wait n see pag dinala dito. tas may u.s. celebrity endorser na kesyo nutritious health benefits etc... LETS GO SAGOW!

mental coloniality pa rin ang pinoy!

Edited by tabouki

ABSULUTELY NOTHING>>>> we drink the brand. starbucks beans are all dark roasted and dry, for commercial purposes and long shelf life. good coffee should be medium roasted. double dosed atleast for me. on my personal opinion, if you want good coffee go to ucc or coffee beanery

Because of its location, :upside: ,pagkatapos uminom sa may Adriatico, deretso na sa may harap ng Robinsons Ermita para makapag cape,sakto lang...malapit pa sa TGI fridays.

uso-uso / gaya-gaya ang pinoy esp. pag may nag-hit sa amerika at nagkaroon ng branch/ franchise dito.

pag may mag-hit na TAHO-shop na sosyal sa amerika, just wait n see pag dinala dito. tas may u.s. celebrity endorser na kesyo nutritious health benefits etc... LETS GO SAGOW!

Sakto, sana i-endorse rin nila yung adobong aso sa ibang bansa noh? yayaman tayo diyan,o kaya gin pomelo..

Starbuks pasyalan kasi ng mga sosyal at mga nagpapanggap na sosyal. Eh sa States nga isang maliit na booth lang dun s NY. wala pang upuan nakatayo lang at may table. Ewan ko ba bakit d2 pinas mga pauso. buti pa ang figaro may originality filipino owned.

coffee aside Starbucks in my opinion overall does a better job at most everything else compared to the other coffee shops. Locations, service, quality, promotions, their employees etc. To say otherwise you would have to be pretty naive or not very observant.

its a novelty thingy..

for most coffee experts... starbucks is trash. it really depends on "how high" above sea level the coffee is grown in the coffee belt... (where coffee is produced)... japan has really good tasting coffee... most of it sourced from colombia

Well it's definitely NOT the coffee... Their brewed coffee tastes like last night's used coffee grounds and all that blended frou-frou crap with cream is just plain ridiculous.

Really, what can be a gayer sight than a buffed-up guy sipping a 'mocha frap' (god i hate those shortcuts) with whipped cream?

Me? Give me "forty-five-choice-co-ffee-beans-in-a-cup-of-blend-forty-five!" - remember to get your syLLAbles correct when you sing.

I wonder what kind of taste you want for your coffee... speaking of buffy guy... its not gay thing holding a mocha frappe... ur not just used to it...

Oh sige palayasin nyo sila... ewan ko lang kun hindi tumaas na naman ang unemployment rate or jobless rate. Lets just be thank full that aside from the pleasure of having a taste of new york coffee, it provides job to many...

Starbuks pasyalan kasi ng mga sosyal at mga nagpapanggap na sosyal. Eh sa States nga isang maliit na booth lang dun s NY. wala pang upuan nakatayo lang at may table. Ewan ko ba bakit d2 pinas mga pauso. buti pa ang figaro may originality filipino owned.

Ang pinoy talaga madungis... ayaw ng sosyal ...ayaw ng malinis... Whats wrong with being a bit nice and having a bit glamour....

true

with starbucks its not just the product but the overall experience of drinking coffee there

YEP....

• 2 weeks later...

starbucks?? ..there are standards to meet in order to meet the requirements of a great coffee of which i think starbucks has but i dont think these standards are being followed or complied to by their staff and managers..yes, every coffee shop has good coffees to offer but it would greatly depend on how these preparations are being done, like for example, brewed coffees that starbucks sells each day differs, right? but didnt you know that brewed coffees only lasts for 1 hour and a half? and what they should do is to replace it with a new one that would also last for an hour and a half...Now lets go to the ever famous espresso drinks..like cappucino's, moccachino's, caffe latte and other hot drinks that needs an espresso. If you want to be meticulous about the quality of your espresso drinks, you should check on the espresso that comes out directly from the espresso machine,,check it out..look for the "crema" (holy grail of the baristas)..it should be the lovely, golden foam of coffee oils that covers a straight shot of espresso. Thick with aroma and flavor, it is the sign of proper coffee extraction and it should be golden brown. If it looks and smells burnt, well the espresso machine is not calibrated therefore the quality of your coffee is not good, not only that the milk that is to be mixed with the espressos should be steamed at the right temperature..160-170 degress farenheit to be exact, so if you see barista's steaming milk without thermometers,they could be experts on estimating the temperature of the milk but would you know how accurate he is or do you know how long he is working on that coffee shop/chain? I love starbucks but not here in the phiippines because i see negligence on how they prepare their coffees. They think so much of the quantity they serve and neglect the quality with which they are known for..so i think most young filipinos are in for starbucks is because of our colonial mentality. The good thing now is that starbucks is using our locally produced coffees but is selling it at a cost the same as the world class coffees...