What's So Special About Starbucks?

Starbucks uses local arabica beans, not sure if barako or amadeo. It also uses milk from batangas. So you're not really drinking imported beans unless it was packed. Mugs and merchandise cost 50% more because of the brand. They're all made in china, so might as well go to 168.

So What's so special about Starbucks?

for me its gotta be the ambience. the noise the chit chat, the girls that think they're so sosy when drinkin frap, the feel of the place. did i mention the girls ?

Guest fhoryou

There is nothing special about starbucks any coffee shop can do the same. The only thing makes it different its that its markets itself so well people find it fantastic to go back despite the price for coffee is to expensive.

If you look at it the same coffee beans and ingredients can be found in other small coffee shop.

This why most cafe in the US complains about Star Bucks and other franchising coffee shops.

• 1 month later...

Nothing much if you're not a coffee lover, but if you are, everything matters, from the way the coffee is brewed and prepared.

Coffee from all over the world is served so if you have that fine taste, you will be able to distinguish the difference, enjoy the aroma and the flavor....

other than that, if you go to starbucks because of mocha frap, then it's nothing special at all...

• 1 month later...

you have got a lot to learn dude.

For most international brands you are actually paying more for higher quality. Large brands do have better buying power and thus can afford to spend more on quality. Smaller less known brands don't have buying power and thus less to spend on quality. If the two brands price the same then you are most likely getting better quality and value from the larger brand. why do you think smaller companies have trouble competing? I am not saying its always this way but in most cases it is. So for the case of Starbucks or McCafe you are actually getting more value for your money than most other brands if you really know how much is being spent on quality and on the coffee.

had a discussion with a client about this and we agreed that being i starbucks is a statement that you're cool/chic.you're paying more for the brand rather than for the coffee .

for me theres nothing special abt strbcks.hehe.i dont know for those people who stay there a little longer than it should be.like sipping a 2 hour coffee or frap or watever u want to call ur drink. i dont usually stay there for hours.im always to go except when i have to use their wifi.

Starbucks may have a great line up of products but that's not their selling point. Starbucks hasn't innovated the coffee industry but just merely introduced a "lifestyle." People go to starbucks not mainly for their coffee but to be "seen" drinking and purchasing their coffee. In the Phils., it has been more of a status sysmbol and a lifestyle adoptation. As some people would've put it, Starbucks is a marketing firm.