What's So Special About Starbucks?

Starbucks seems to be popular all over the world.  Whereever I travel in Europe, US, or Asia, there is always a Starbucks around.

For me, it is too bitter, and over-rated.  There are usually better options.  But that's just my opinion:)

if you've been to europe and ordered a cup of coffee in any of the bars or restos, chances are you've been served an espresso...

it's the same process which starbucks uses.... fact is, starbucks got off well in the u.s. by bringing the european concept of coffee to the u.s. why do you think europeans hate drinking coffee in the u.s.. .. its too weak... too watered down....

so if you are are traveller, you wouldnt complain of starbucks coffee too bitter or too weak (unless you've been to the mid-east)....

A lot has been said about starbucks... for me there are lots of surprises at this coffee shop...surprised to see ensaymada on the menu, first time ordering coffee that they asked for my name, surprised to see lots of these expensive coffee shop here in pinas when the whether is so hot and humid, surprised to see that it is doing good business here in pinas inspite of all the gloom and doom stories we hear in the west.

if you've been to europe and ordered a cup of coffee in any of the bars or restos, chances are you've been served an espresso...

it's the same process which starbucks uses.... fact is, starbucks got off well in the u.s.  by bringing the european concept of coffee to the u.s.  why do you think europeans hate drinking coffee in the u.s..  .. its too weak... too watered down....

so if you are are traveller, you wouldnt complain of starbucks coffee too bitter or too weak (unless you've been to the mid-east)....

Starbucks European? Not so! I took a Danish friend to our local Starbucks. He had an espresso - and asked if he got the wrong order. It was just like their REGULAR coffee in Denmark!

Espresso in Italy (or almost anywhere else in Europe) is so much more enjoyable than at Starbucks. And coffee in Europe is NOT only espresso. You have to order an espresso to get one. You can, and do, get a cup of coffe if you order a cup of coffee. Even in Rome. One tidbit - if you order a capuccino after 10 am in Paris - well, then they KNOW you're an unsophisticated country bumpkin. For them it's a breakfast, early morning, drink.

Starbucks is like McDonald's - it's the same the world over, so it's consistent. Not good, not bad, just mediocre. But consistent. Predictable, but consistent.

[/color][/size][/font][/font][/b]well, Starbucks is well known, if ever puntya ka dun, feeling sosyal sosyal ang mga lolo at lola mo...kahit nuknukan ng mahal ang coffee...ako id rather drink coffee sa bahay or sa office, may coffee naman kmi... :)
Whats so special about starbucks? im wondering why starbucks is a huge succes here in the philippines inspite of our economic crisis people are still speding hundred box just to get a sip of a special coffee..

tell me MTC members what's so special about starbucks?

You're actually paying for the ambulance este ambiance!

The prices are stiff as in New York kc the packaging is wholely imported i.e. paper cups!

i can tell you this much.... the prices of starbucks here in the PI is much much cheaper compared to taiwan, singapore, the u.s.

also, i had balikbayan relative who attest to the cheaper price of starbucks here and the flavor is much stronger (for a triple venti mocha)...

i cant compare the latter, as i drink their doppio espresso machiato....

Happy New Year!

[/color][/size][/font][/font][/b]well, Starbucks is well known, if ever puntya ka dun, feeling sosyal sosyal ang mga lolo at lola mo...kahit nuknukan ng mahal ang coffee...ako id rather drink coffee sa bahay or sa office, may coffee naman kmi... :)

well i guess, to each his own.... if you prefer to prepare your cup by combining a teaspoon of instant coffee (by the way, anyone here know how instant coffee is made), adding sugar and creamer ... and pouring hot water... if to you that is coffee....

on the other hand, if you prefer coffee beans roasted to a way you like it, ground and percolated... then thats your choice....

i always believe that everything that is good comes with a price....

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

for the xmas holidays, its a challenge to complete the starbucks stick-on promo.  they give out the starbucks 2005 organizer when u complete the coupon with stickers.  one sticker for every coffee order.  hehehe!  babaw!

d naman :goatee: well if you need a planner (like i do), it worked well since i buy coffee at least once a day and got a free planner (fact is, i got 2). what was hard to take was the peppermint and toffee nut, uuugh...

but can't complain the planner came with buy1-take1 coupons and others...

ya well whatever... seattle's still better for me and figaro even better coffee than that...

why doesn't someone sell a 20-25 peso coffee that just tastes good, why do we have to pay P60 for a coffee when 20-30 pesos of that will go to some billionaire in seattle starbucks headquarter?

i can tell you this much.... the prices of starbucks here in the PI is much much cheaper compared to taiwan, singapore, the u.s.

also, i had balikbayan relative who attest to  the cheaper price of starbucks here and the flavor is much stronger (for a triple venti mocha)...

i cant compare the latter, as i drink their doppio espresso machiato....

Happy New Year!

people in those countries also make 3-5 times more money than we do... so go figure