Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

baka Dana really wants Brandon to fight Matt Hamill

actually, Hamill was pulled off the fight because he suffered a knee injury, that's why Soz was tapped as a replacement. i haven't seen any news of the fight being scratched completely. it's still part of the complete fight card on all the news sites, but the weird thing is it's not on UFC.com's fight card list.

All of a sudden si steroid faced assasin ang most hated figure right now in MMA. A couple of weeks ago it was Brock Lesnar hehehe.

Its probably not just him who is on the juice. Tim Sylvia and Royce Gracie I believe have also been in the same controversy. I believe if athletic commissions will do off comepetition random testing they will be able to find more atheletes who will test positive for illegal substances. What they usually do is time their intake of roids, in such a way that it will be off their system once testing will commensce.

Actually, most athelete take roids not to increase muscle mass, but to actually help dealing with the pain they have to go trough with training. But like Tito Ortiz said, there is really just no substitute for hard work

baka Dana really wants Brandon to fight Matt Hamill

the fight is still on, it's already been confirmed.

UFC 102: ‘Couture vs Nogueira’ fight card and line up finalized for Aug. 29 in Portland

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/7410/ufc02poster.jpg

Main event:

265 lbs.: Randy Couture (16-9) vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (31-5-1)

Main card (Televised):

205 lbs.: Keith Jardine (14-5-1) vs. Thiago Silva (13-1)

185 lbs.: Chris Leben (18-6) vs. Jake Rosholt (5-1)

185 lbs.: Nate Marquardt (28-8-2) vs. Demian Maia (10-0)

205 lbs.: Krzysztof Soszynski (18-8-1) vs. Brandon Vera (10-3)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

265 lbs.: Gabriel Gonzaga (10-4) vs. Chris Tuchscherer (17-1)

185 lbs.: James Irvin (14-5) vs. Wilson Gouveia (12-6)

265 lbs.: Mike Russow (11-1) vs. Justin McCully (9-4-2)

265 lbs.: Todd Duffee (4-0) vs. Tim Hague (10-1)

205 lbs.: Nick Catone (7-1) vs. Mark Munoz (5-1)

155 lbs.: Matt Veach (11-0) vs. Evan Dunham (8-0)

Edited by infekted

Couture VS Noguiera

- Both fighters are trying to recover from a loss. And hopefully the winner gets a crack at Lesnar. If couture cant shine on this one, its probably the end of the road for him. Hed be compiling 10 loses, which is so to say half of his win. BUT oh well, he never ceases to surpirse fight fans.

nice! Nog VS Cap! gandang laban to! this is as of present the closest we can get to something like Cap VS Fedor fight ^_^

the fight card is STACKED! i hope they put on a great show

Marquardt VS Maia for #1 MW contendership! this is the s@%t!

Jardine VS Silva both coming off losses & looking to rebound back into the LHW mix

Brandon VS Soz hehehe Brandon's comeback to main card status & Soz is on a 3 fight win streak!

ganda ng card!

but una muna Penn VS Kenflo ^_^

Couture VS Noguiera

- Both fighters are trying to recover from a loss. And hopefully the winner gets a crack at Lesnar. If couture cant shine on this one, its probably the end of the road for him. Hed be compiling 10 loses, which is so to say half of his win. BUT oh well, he never ceases to surpirse fight fans.

If I'm not mistaken, the winner of this fight will take on the winner of the Cain Velasquez VS Shane Carwin fight which happens on UFC 104. Then the winner of that fight takes on Brock Lesnar.

If I'm not mistaken, the winner of this fight will take on the winner of the Cain Velasquez VS Shane Carwin fight which happens on UFC 104. Then the winner of that fight takes on Brock Lesnar.

Continuation... (ayaw ng ma-edit yung previous post)

Unless Dana pushes through with the Lesnar VS Emelianenko fight on UFC 108 which happens next year Jan 2, 2010 to determine who's the greatest MMA Heavyweight alive today.

Edited by riotulis

LA Times reports that Fedor Emelianenko and UFC are ‘finalizing deal’

Almost one year to the day it held its first event on July 19, 2008, Affliction Entertainment folded its mixed martial arts division and returned to the UFC under an agreement that will allow the clothing brand to once again sponsor the world’s top promotion and the fighters under its umbrella.

Affliction indicated that an inability to find a worthy replacement for Josh Barnett — who tested positive for anabolic steroids and was denied a license to compete — led to the decision to cancel its “Trilogy” event, which was expected to take place from the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Aug. 1.

It was the straw that broke the camel’s back for the critically acclaimed but far from profitable venture.

The end of Affliction MMA — much like the end of Elite XC in 2008 — left a coterie of fighters under contract who no longer have a place to call home.

And at the top of that list of unemployed combatants is perhaps the most prized asset in all of MMA: Former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko.

Zuffa worked hard to bring the Russian on board after the collapse of Pride FC in 2007; however, talks broke down when the parties could not agree on an exclusive fight contract.

UFC President Dana White and M-1 Global spent the next two years pointing fingers, but a report from the LA Times earlier today suggests that whatever hangups preventing the two promotions from working together in the past may now be water under the bridge.

From the LA Times Web site:

“A long-awaited agreement between the Ultimate Fighting Championship and the man considered the world’s best mixed martial arts fighter, Fedor Emelianenko, is expected to be announced by UFC President Dana White on Friday, a source with information about the negotiations told The Times today. The source, who asked not to be identified because he’s not authorized to speak publicly about the dealings, called negotiations between the UFC and Fedor ‘very civil’ just days after Fedor’s scheduled Affliction Trilogy fight Saturday against Josh Barnett was canceled.”

The UFC has scheduled a press conference for July 31 to cover a bevy of formal announcements, including their new Affliction deal, among other things.

White has already gone on record to state that if acquired, Fedor’s first fight would be for the UFC heavyweight championship, presumably against division kingpin Brock Lesnar.

If the signing of “The Last Emperor” is on Friday’s docket, it could represent not just one of the biggest announcements in UFC history, but perhaps a whole new era in mixed martial arts.

However, nothing is official at this time. In fact, M-1 recently denied the LA Times report as “not accurate” in an SI.com article.

Stay tuned … these next three days should tell the tale, hopefully, once and for all.

^^ This will never happen. And I hope UFC don't co-promote their brand just to get Fedor.

You know what's interesting? Fedor's brother Aleks thinks exactly the opposite. He thinks, according to a post on Bloody Elbow, Vadim's "just using Fedor to push through with his own business plans". He is, after all, a majority stakeholder in M-1 Global, which means that if Fedor does go to the UFC Vadim loses the main man in his fight promotion, which would mean instant death (see: EliteXC, Affliction Entertainment).

Aleks has a very valid and interesting point, IMO.

You know what's interesting? Fedor's brother Aleks thinks exactly the opposite. He thinks, according to a post on Bloody Elbow, Vadim's "just using Fedor to push through with his own business plans". He is, after all, a majority stakeholder in M-1 Global, which means that if Fedor does go to the UFC Vadim loses the main man in his fight promotion, which would mean instant death (see: EliteXC, Affliction Entertainment).

Aleks has a very valid and interesting point, IMO.

hahaha for a guy with a monicker Grim Reaper who looks like a Russian Mob enforcer, Aleks seems to be a sharp fellow ^_^

too bad he wasn't able to fight in any of the Affliction cards, i'd love to see him destroy the competetion with his no holds barred standup ^_^

i hope the UFC gets him onboard as well when they sign Fedor ^_^

FEDOR NOT A UFC FIGHTER

f#&k Vadim Finkelchtein!!

What does he have on Fedor that he cant talk to UFC himself? I know for a fact that M1 is paying him a lot, but is Fedor that greedy?

I want Fedor to fight in the UFC so that we can end the arguement who is the best P4P fighter. With Ben Rothwell signing with UFC, there is no question that the best HW aside from Fedor is in UFC.

I hope Vadim Finkelchtein gets hit by a bus so he can do us all a big favor.. :lol: :P :lol:

Let's see if anything exciting will be announced by the UFC on July 31.

Edited by G_sKiLLz
FEDOR NOT A UFC FIGHTER

What does he have on Fedor that he cant talk to UFC himself? I know for a fact that M1 is paying him a lot, but is Fedor that greedy?

I want Fedor to fight in the UFC so that we can end the arguement who is the best P4P fighter. With Ben Rothwell signing with UFC, there is no question that the best HW aside from Fedor is in UFC.

I hope Vadim Finkelchtein gets hit by a bus so he can do us all a big favor.. :lol: :P :lol:

I've been waiting for the day that Fedor steps into the octagon to face some real competition. The only way that he can cement his legacy as one of the best MMA fighters (of all time) is by signing w/ the UFC.

Until then, we'll have to wait Dana's announcement before this month ends.

FEDOR NOT A UFC FIGHTER

i think Fedor trusts Vadim so much that he leaves all the contract decision making to him...

or Vadim is the devil and he owns Fedor's soul, because Fedor sold it to the devil to become the greatest MMA fighter of all time. but Fedor finds out that he can be the greatest of all time by becoming a cyborg hehehe so he mucks up the devil to get his soul back ^_^

Edited by riceb0i