Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Guest megalodon
i would like to see in the octagon : anderson silva vs lyoto machida, brock lesnar vs bobby lashley.

Much as we'd like to see a Silva vs. Machida match, it is unlikely to happen since they're buddies. For me, these 2 are the top 2 pound for pound fighters in the world.

Guest megalodon
i wonder sino sa mga ito ang unang bababa sa trono:

lesnar

machida

silva

gsp

penn

I don't see Machida losing to any challenger in the near future.

pag dumating na ang MMA god na si Fedor, tiyak bababa na ang walang modong si Brock sa trono nya , isang arm bar lang katapat nyan!!!!

eto nga ang sabi sa isang article, ang mga pwedeng magpababa kay brock sa trono nya

Is Brock beatable? Four who have a shot

By Maggie Hendricks

After Saturday's dismantling of Frank Mir at UFC 100, Brock Lesnar seems pretty comfortable at the top of the UFC heavyweight division. Though his career in the UFC has been short, he has beaten two champions, Randy Couture and Mir, in a convincing manner. His size and strength will be a tough obstacle to overcome, but not impossible. Who can do it?

Fedor Emelianenko: If there is anyone who can take out Lesnar, it's the Russian fighter Emelianenko (pictured). He is at the top of the Yahoo! Sports pound-for-pound rankings for good reason. With a 30-1 record, he has beaten fighters of every size, including the 7'2" Hong Man Choi and 6'8" former UFC champion Tim Sylvia. In January, he knocked out another former UFC champion, Andrei Arlovski, in the first round. In fact, he hasn't had a fight get past the first round since a win over Mark Coleman in 2006, which lasted until the second round.

Emelianenko's biggest obstacle in beating Lesnar isn't in the cage, it's actually getting him in the cage. He is signed with rival promotion Affliction for a fight with Josh Barnett in August. Fans have wanted Fedor in the UFC for years, but contract negotiations have gone nowhere between the groups. After the fights on Saturday, Dana White said that Emelianenko will be in the UFC.

"This Fedor thing has gone on and on and on," White said in the post-UFC 100 press conference. "Eventually, Fedor's going to be here. I want Fedor. I want him to come to the UFC and everything else.

"This guy (Brock Lesnar) just won the heavyweight title, and we'll end up getting that deal done. And then we'll do Brock vs. Fedor, and it'll be a huge fight."

Assuming that the deal gets made, Emelianenko has the best shot of beating Brock Lesnar.

Shane Carwin: How can you mitigate Lesnar's size advantage? By putting him up against someone that's equally as large. That's Carwin -- all 6'3", 262 lbs. of him. His hands are so big that the 4X gloves he wears to fight need to be cut and taped to fit his hands. He can take punishment and still win, as he had a broken nose when he knocked out Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 96. Carwin is also motivated to beat Lesnar, who Carwin thought was incredibly disrespectful after his win on Saturday.

The fans are why we do this, Brock, this sport is not about fat paychecks and drama. It is about hard work and sacrifice for a shot to do what you did last night. It doesn't matter how much money you make if you can't earn your peers' respect and the respect and love of the greatest sporting fans in the world. Every autograph I give, every hand I shake I am thankful that you give me the opportunity to be a part of your world. This is the greatest sport int he world and most of the athletes in it deserve the love and respect they get and some just dont get it. From leaving the venue all the way to the Airport I have had fans of the sport ask me to take out Brock Lesnar for them.

The biggest knock against Carwin is that he is untested, but he is 11-0. He has much more experience than Lesnar. Carwin is slated to face Cain Velasquez, another exciting up-and-coming heavyweight, at UFC 104 in October. If he makes it through that fight, it wouldn't be surprising to see a matchup between Lesnar and Carwin.

Alistair Overeem: If someone of a similar size won't vex Brock, speed will. A fighter who is a champion kickboxer, can cut angles and move quickly? That might the perfect foil to Brock's wrestling and power. That fighter exists in Dutch kickboxer Alistair Overeem.

Overeem faces two problems in overcoming Lesnar. One, he is the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, is fighting for them on August 15, and contractually obligated to Strikeforce. Two, he needs to stay on his feet to be able to use high kicks, but as Lesnar showed on Saturday, his takedown is quite effective.

Bobby Lashley: Like Lesnar, Lashley is a fellow WWE veteran and collegiate wrestler. Unlike Lesnar, Lashley is taking the long and winding road to the UFC. He also has four wins, but his competition hasn't been nearly as difficult as Lesnar's. Lashley's biggest advantage is that he and Lesnar are the same size, and both have a strong wrestling background. With those two factors equal, the fight has the potential of being an all-out slugfest.

The problem with this fight is that Lashley doesn't want to fight in the UFC until he is ready to be a champion.

"When I go over there I want to be a top, top level guy," Lashley said. "I want talks of me fighting the champ when I get over there. I want them to say this guy's really good."

Lashley still has a while to go and much to learn before he can walk in and get a title shot. He will need to get a few more fights under his belt before we can see if he is truly ready for the champ.

Edited by kuya willie
He's already famous so the UFC is using he's popularity from WWE, but remember why WWE and Brock parted ways.

while being the Champ brock decided to leave the company to try out for NFL but when after he was not cut into the line up and was not given a chance, he once again try to negotiate with Vince but the later disagree for dishing it out in the middle of a good script.

so Dana should already know that brock is not the kind of person you could easily control.

and to be honest wala nman talagang match kay Brock sa UFC, thats why Dana is chasing at Fedor after hes schedule last contract fight with affliction.

Haven't seen fedor fight maybe search for him in youtube.

peace out.

Man! San kaba galing at di mo pa napapanuod lumaban si Fedor!? Hehe... search mo na nga lang sa Youtube! PEACE!

Guest megalodon
amen to that bro

as much as i'm a Shogun fan, i just don't think he'll be able to catch the Dragon sleeping on defense

Yup. Plus, Machida knocked out topnotch competition including Rich Franklin, Bonnar, Rashad, and Thiago Silva. The guy is just unpredictable. But I'd also like to see him against Hendo. Hendo was just spectacular against Bisping. Moreover, Hendo has a steel jaw so it would be interesting to see if Dragon could knock him out. But if ever these 2 meet, I'd pick Machida by decision.

Yeah, Brock, I think got special treatment just because he's "big" at WWE. It's unfair to those fighters who had to fight through the pack just to earn a title shot. Sure he's got skills but getting a title shot with just 3 UFC fights? That's BS. I hope he gets knocked down & get shut up soon like what happened to Evans.

masmaganda kung ang pagkakaknock out sa kanya eh yun gaya nun kay bisping....

they do trash talk to hype up the fight, thats how it goes even in boxing.

just one thing,

when will this brits fighters would learn to respect they're opponent, they keep on throwing verbal jabs which they cannot back up come fight night.

it doesn't help them, and just add to the eagerness of they're opponent to keep they're mouth shouth.

bisping should learn from Hatton.

I wonder now what will they say after being shot cold.

to make it more fun, in comparison, bisping and Hatton.

1. Duration of Fight;

Hatton less than 6 minutes, Bisping less than 9 mins. I think

2. they're motivation;

Hatton believes his as fast as Pacman and the strongest he'll ever fought,

Bisping faster, and punch harder.

3. When the bell rings,

hatton the old brawler style, moves forward, little head movement,

Bisping circles around, he's doing good until for a moment, moves the left side towards the Right hand of Hendo.

4. Result;

Hatton down by a Left Hook, unconsious right after the punch connected,

Bisping, heads snap after a forcefull Right Hook, followed by a hammer fist. sweet.

5. Ending;

Both lying flat on their back, hatton slipping well on the center of the ring, forgot to set the alarm, while her fiance is screaming in disbelief,

while the funny thing with bisping is his right feet angled like he has suppered an epileptic attack.

maybe Hitman should be thankful that he's fellow brit supppered the same faith atleast the attention will be shifted.

Bro I'm not so convinced of hatton fall in fact he weigh exactly 140+ during the weigh in... so come the fight night... manny was lighter compared to rick... thus giving manny more speed..and if you notice hatton's movement ambagal talaga... due to the extra weigh...he miscalculated in thinking if he (hatton) gets in the ring heavier than manny, he will win... unfortunately manny utilized his speed... So for me the only one who can test manny would be mayweather...

Yup. Plus, Machida knocked out topnotch competition including Rich Franklin, Bonnar, Rashad, and Thiago Silva. The guy is just unpredictable. But I'd also like to see him against Hendo. Hendo was just spectacular against Bisping. Moreover, Hendo has a steel jaw so it would be interesting to see if Dragon could knock him out. But if ever these 2 meet, I'd pick Machida by decision.

Speaking of steel jaw...or granite chin or what ever... I notice all most all of them are hard... kun mapabagsak sila is often when they are caught off guard... bisping didn't saw it coming, evans taught machida would stop but did not so he got doomed...I mean they both got owned!

Guest megalodon
Speaking of steel jaw...or granite chin or what ever... I notice all most all of them are hard... kun mapabagsak sila is often when they are caught off guard... bisping didn't saw it coming, evans taught machida would stop but did not so he got doomed...I mean they both got owned!

Ok. I think if Hendo and The Dragon square off, it will be either a decision for Machida or an RSC in favor of Machida coz of strikes. Ewan ko lang if kayang iknockout ni Dragon si Hendo.

Guest megalodon
Lesnar's reign as UFC heavyweight champ is numbered!

Fedor will easily k*ll him in the octagon..

FEDOR! FEDOR! FEDOR!

Much as I'd like to see Emelianenko beat the s@%t out of Lesnar, I don't think he could easily beat Lesnar. If you saw Fedor's fight with Arlovski, Arlovski was leading on points coz he fought smartly since he was taller and had an obvious reach advantage until he made the foolish move of going for a knee to the face, which was telegraphed and was met by a punch which knocked Arlovski cold. Had Arlovski continued to fight the smart fight, he could have won by decision. If Lesnar will fight smart against Emelianenko like he did against Mir, I see a Lesnar win.

nice win Akiyama. This would be sound weird but some of my friends told me that I look like akiyama! hahaha

I like the takedown-side control strategy of GSP! Another nice gi also(atama mundial #7)

Now brock became crazy. I remember when he won his WWE CHAMP against Angle. lol hahaha

If brock said he doesnt respect randy couture, randy says something also about brock

Lesnar really is a pig. I think a huge part of his persona as a fighter was influenced by the special treatment he got from UFC. He earned a shot at the title after merely 3 fights. Tim Sylvia could have had that rematch with randy, but instead UFC exploited Lesnars popularity in the WWE to boost PPV sales. Now this guy thinks he is the most sellable fighter in the MMA today, that he could simply do whatever he wants. Its one thing to bash your opponent after the fight, or flip over the viewing audience, but to make such remarks about your wife is simply unacceptable. I really thought that his wife had every reason to be offended with that remark. Yes he will sell tickets, but people would regard him the same way as mike tyson was. A freak and not a fighter.

And Just like Tyson, what he needs is a humiliating defeat. I really hope Dana can sign the King of MMA in the UFC. Fedor will make huge money with the UFC, and he would be doing fans a huge favor tearing lesnar a new assh*le. For those of you who think that Lesnars size and power is too much for any contender, well let me just say that the bigger they are the harder they fall. Fedor maybe smaller, but this guy is fast. Speed always wins over power. Moreover, fedor is a consummate fighter. He can knock opponents out effectively, equally as he can submit them. Think of a guy who has both better stiking abilities than lidell, and better wrestling abilities than cotoure. This guy trains even if he does not have fights. And we have seen fedor beat up bigger guys like arlovski and sylvia

Lesnar really is a pig. I think a huge part of his persona as a fighter was influenced by the special treatment he got from UFC. He earned a shot at the title after merely 3 fights. Tim Sylvia could have had that rematch with randy, but instead UFC exploited Lesnars popularity in the WWE to boost PPV sales. Now this guy thinks he is the most sellable fighter in the MMA today, that he could simply do whatever he wants. Its one thing to bash your opponent after the fight, or flip over the viewing audience, but to make such remarks about your wife is simply unacceptable. I really thought that his wife had every reason to be offended with that remark. Yes he will sell tickets, but people would regard him the same way as mike tyson was. A freak and not a fighter.

And Just like Tyson, what he needs is a humiliating defeat. I really hope Dana can sign the King of MMA in the UFC. Fedor will make huge money with the UFC, and he would be doing fans a huge favor tearing lesnar a new assh*le. For those of you who think that Lesnars size and power is too much for any contender, well let me just say that the bigger they are the harder they fall. Fedor maybe smaller, but this guy is fast. Speed always wins over power. Moreover, fedor is a consummate fighter. He can knock opponents out effectively, equally as he can submit them. Think of a guy who has both better stiking abilities than lidell, and better wrestling abilities than cotoure. This guy trains even if he does not have fights. And we have seen fedor beat up bigger guys like arlovski and sylvia

and hong choi man in 1st round via armbar. Fedor will beat brock no doubt

Dana is going to do everything, just to sign up fedor and for Fedor it's the wisest decision he'll ever make.

bigger money and a larger audience.

I'm watching he's fight in net. he's really good in ground and stand up.

he'll definetely give Brock something to worry about.

let's all hope and pray.

Much as I'd like to see Emelianenko beat the s@%t out of Lesnar, I don't think he could easily beat Lesnar. If you saw Fedor's fight with Arlovski, Arlovski was leading on points coz he fought smartly since he was taller and had an obvious reach advantage until he made the foolish move of going for a knee to the face, which was telegraphed and was met by a punch which knocked Arlovski cold. Had Arlovski continued to fight the smart fight, he could have won by decision. If Lesnar will fight smart against Emelianenko like he did against Mir, I see a Lesnar win.

Actually mir had a chance to defeat the white gorilla during the second round... mir used his speed in striking and almost got the white gorilla in cobweb, until he went back to ground and white gorilla pounded him... So if fedor will keep it standing and used his speed as he did with his fight against crocop, which he won... So i think fedor got a chance with the right strategy...

btw check this out the white gorilla apologizing fer his ....err...hahahaha look @ the diffenrence bet gsp and the white gorilla... gsp looks more like a champion!!!!!

heres the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/video/player/mma/UFC/14458660

If its wrestling, it has to to be cotoure or matt hughes, if its striking it has to be lidell or machida, if its jiu jitsu, it has to be Silva or Gracie. But there are only a notable few who are both effective as strikers and as wrestler. This is why Fedor deserves to be the undisputed the King of the MMA. Lesnar does not have Fedors speed, he does not have his experience and the quantity and quality of opponents fought, and sure s@%t he does not have his technical skills. Sure Lesanar has a lot of brute force to overwhelm his opponents, but he hasnt faced a consumate fighter like fedor.

Pwede ba tayo magsignature campaign dito sa Inet para mapilitan si Fedor to sign up with UFC? kahit one fight deal lang