Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

wow, i missed the banter here.. cani drop by and share my thoughts on all this? :P

For me, the only reason why Brock was booed so much was because 99% of the people watching knew him as the "WWE Guy", the pro 'rassler, the guy who they thought didn't deserve to be in the UFC, let alone the entire sport, because he was the "fake wrestling guy" (as Smokin' Joe Rogan put it). Go to Fightlinker.com and one post there will show how much the fans, hardcore & Generation TUF alike, hate Brock.

For me, the end justifies the means. Frank, for all his talent and resurgence, and his being "calm and collected" during the buildup to the fight, did get personal with Brock, dismissing his skills and brushing off all that he's done in such a short span of time. You can only push someone so much, people. And with how Brock REALLY is, and WWE's former VP for Talent Relations Jim Ross (yes, Good 'Ol JR) makes the case here, you don't want to get personal with someone who's a bit anti-social.

And, as one poster from one of the more well known MMA blogs said (I think it was from Bloody Elbow), one can never discount what Brock has done in such a short span of time. If he's that "fake", how can he beat a former #1 contender for the PRIDE Heavyweight Belt (Herring), a UFC Hall of Famer (Couture), and a 2-time UFC Heavyweight champ (Mir) in such dominating fashion? If he's really "fake"?

wow, i missed the banter here.. cani drop by and share my thoughts on all this? :P

For me, the only reason why Brock was booed so much was because 99% of the people watching knew him as the "WWE Guy", the pro 'rassler, the guy who they thought didn't deserve to be in the UFC, let alone the entire sport, because he was the "fake wrestling guy" (as Smokin' Joe Rogan put it). Go to Fightlinker.com and one post there will show how much the fans, hardcore & Generation TUF alike, hate Brock.

For me, the end justifies the means. Frank, for all his talent and resurgence, and his being "calm and collected" during the buildup to the fight, did get personal with Brock, dismissing his skills and brushing off all that he's done in such a short span of time. You can only push someone so much, people. And with how Brock REALLY is, and WWE's former VP for Talent Relations Jim Ross (yes, Good 'Ol JR) makes the case here, you don't want to get personal with someone who's a bit anti-social.

And, as one poster from one of the more well known MMA blogs said (I think it was from Bloody Elbow), one can never discount what Brock has done in such a short span of time. If he's that "fake", how can he beat a former #1 contender for the PRIDE Heavyweight Belt (Herring), a UFC Hall of Famer (Couture), and a 2-time UFC Heavyweight champ (Mir) in such dominating fashion? If he's really "fake"?

You have your point sir, he's not really fake, but what is being pointed out is how good is would he be really in this sport, I mean ika nga A.S. or L.M. tipo talent nila ang sport na to... what about brock talent ba talaga or something else... because right now he's just brut and stregnht anyway looking forward to UFC 101, hopfully UFC can win fedor in their fold... medyo nayayabangan na din ako dito kay fedor ayaw sa UFC...Does he realize that if he beat brock...it could cement him as the best fighter of the decade or something like that since he had fought in pride and affliction already.. I f he takes the UFC he can become the "optimus prime" of MMA...sayang lang hindi si randy ang nakakakuha nito yet randy will forever be remembered...

Edited by King Nothing

^^^ Well said. I agree 100% on the article.

Fedor? I'm getting tired of all the Fedor talk. If he ends up in the UFC after the Barnett fight, good. If not, then that gives the young bucks like Carwin, Velasquez, Gonzaga, Kongo, and the rest an actual chance to get to the top spot. I'd prefer the latter.

Ed Folayang won via UD daw chief, Caloy Baduria won via Verbal Sub (fatigue)

ahehehe got it from the GB forum ^_^ nde ko na na post yung iba, kaso daming 1st round stoppages chief

yup I hope Brandon wins in a convincing fashion against Matt Hamill, as much as I like Hamill, I like Brandon first, shempre iba na ang kabayan natin ^_^

any of you guys have thoughts about the upcoming BJ VS KenFlo and Spider VS Forrest fights?

I'm also for Brandon. He looked vicious and hungry on his previous fight, but this will be a tougher test for him. Hamill's definitely no patsy and Vera should better be careful as well.

As for the Florian-Penn, Florian is a smart fighter and it's possible that he's figured out how to stop BJ. On the other hand, Penn is a superb and well-talented fighter and this time he's fighting in his weight class, where he is a lot more comfortable with and dangerous. Both guys have great striking and BJJ but stamina will play a big factor.

I'd still go for Penn.

UFC 102: Krzysztof Soszynski replaces injured Matt Hamill against Brandon Vera on Aug. 29

Krzysztof Soszynski has been tapped to face Brandon Vera in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 102 from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, after a knee injury has forced Matt Hamill to withdraw from the upcoming event on August 29, according to Sherdog.com.

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 8 semifinalist is no stranger to last minute call-ups. Soszynski replaced an injured Houston Alexander against Andre Gusmao at UFC 98 back on May 23, knocking out the IFL vet in the first round.

“The Polish Experiment” made his homecoming at UFC 97 from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada, on April 18, defeating former WEC 205-pound champion Brian “All American” Stann via first round submission — his third straight finish by Kimura.

Soszynski (18-8-1) trains under Dan Henderson in Temecula, Calif., along with training partner Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. He has a strong wrestling base, powerful strikes and solid submission skills to boot.

Vera (10-3) is a former heavyweight fighter who was considered a possible title contender until sustaining back-to-back losses to Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum. He recently beat Mike Patt into submission with leg kicks to score a second round technical knockout at UFC 96: “Jackson vs. Jardine” earlier this year.

It was the second win in three attempts for “The Truth” at 205 pounds -– he has a unanimous decision win over Reese Andy at UFC Fight Night 14 and lackluster split decision loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben” to his credit.

Vera has re-dedicated himself to training and vows to do nothing but kick people’s asses from this point forward to re-establish himself as a top fighter in 2009. He’s off to a good start; however, he’ll have to figure out a way to keep that momentum going against the surging Soszynski.

UFC 102 is will feature a main event between Randy “The Natural” Couture (16-9) locking horns with Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (31-5-1) in a dream match-up that most fans expected to see before Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir played spoiler roles in the opening round of the mini heavyweight tournament created in late 2008 to crown an undisputed division champion.

Also slated for the main card is perennial light heavyweight contender Keith Jardine (14-5-1) who has been tapped to replace Forrest Griffin in a 205-pound slugfest against hard-hitting Brazilian import Thiago Silva (13-1).

Edited by suffocater
Ed Folayang won via UD daw chief, Caloy Baduria won via Verbal Sub (fatigue)

ahehehe got it from the GB forum ^_^ nde ko na na post yung iba, kaso daming 1st round stoppages chief

yup I hope Brandon wins in a convincing fashion against Matt Hamill, as much as I like Hamill, I like Brandon first, shempre iba na ang kabayan natin ^_^

any of you guys have thoughts about the upcoming BJ VS KenFlo and Spider VS Forrest fights?

Wow! The Guam fighter must be really tough to go the distance with "Ed Flo" Hahaha... parang Ken Flo ah!? :thumbsupsmiley:

Umyaw ba yung Cubano kay Baduria!? Nice! :thumbsupsmiley:

Complete details naman dyan about sa URCC14 anyone! Thanx

UFC 102: Krzysztof Soszynski replaces injured Matt Hamill against Brandon Vera on Aug. 29

Krzysztof Soszynski has been tapped to face Brandon Vera in a light heavyweight bout at UFC 102 from the Rose Garden in Portland, Oregon, after a knee injury has forced Matt Hamill to withdraw from the upcoming event on August 29, according to Sherdog.com.

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 8 semifinalist is no stranger to last minute call-ups. Soszynski replaced an injured Houston Alexander against Andre Gusmao at UFC 98 back on May 23, knocking out the IFL vet in the first round.

“The Polish Experiment” made his homecoming at UFC 97 from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada, on April 18, defeating former WEC 205-pound champion Brian “All American” Stann via first round submission — his third straight finish by Kimura.

Soszynski (18-8-1) trains under Dan Henderson in Temecula, Calif., along with training partner Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou. He has a strong wrestling base, powerful strikes and solid submission skills to boot.

Vera (10-3) is a former heavyweight fighter who was considered a possible title contender until sustaining back-to-back losses to Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum. He recently beat Mike Patt into submission with leg kicks to score a second round technical knockout at UFC 96: “Jackson vs. Jardine” earlier this year.

It was the second win in three attempts for “The Truth” at 205 pounds -– he has a unanimous decision win over Reese Andy at UFC Fight Night 14 and lackluster split decision loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 89: “Bisping vs. Leben” to his credit.

Vera has re-dedicated himself to training and vows to do nothing but kick people’s asses from this point forward to re-establish himself as a top fighter in 2009. He’s off to a good start; however, he’ll have to figure out a way to keep that momentum going against the surging Soszynski.

UFC 102 is will feature a main event between Randy “The Natural” Couture (16-9) locking horns with Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira (31-5-1) in a dream match-up that most fans expected to see before Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir played spoiler roles in the opening round of the mini heavyweight tournament created in late 2008 to crown an undisputed division champion.

Also slated for the main card is perennial light heavyweight contender Keith Jardine (14-5-1) who has been tapped to replace Forrest Griffin in a 205-pound slugfest against hard-hitting Brazilian import Thiago Silva (13-1).

why is the UFC pushing Soz into main event status he lost in the TUF8? they should give Ryan Bader a chance, i haven't seen him getting a fight after he won the TUF8 finale

Wow! The Guam fighter must be really tough to go the distance with "Ed Flo" Hahaha... parang Ken Flo ah!? :thumbsupsmiley:

Umyaw ba yung Cubano kay Baduria!? Nice! :thumbsupsmiley:

Complete details naman dyan about sa URCC14 anyone! Thanx

hehehe napagod daw chief ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
why is the UFC pushing Soz into main event status he lost in the TUF8? they should give Ryan Bader a chance, i haven't seen him getting a fight after he won the TUF8 finale

hehehe napagod daw chief ^_^

Bader fought Carmelo Marrero (and won, UD as far as i can remember) at UFC Fight Night 18, but that was way back pa. He's still kinda green, so he's not being pushed yet. In time, with his power and great wrestling he'll be pushed. Props to Soz though, he's a tough vet with impressive outings his last few fights. Loved his KO over fellow IFL vet Andre Gusmao. This will be tough for Brandon.

Good thing this piece of news popped up, have been wondering where he has been & why he hasn't been fighting as of late. I mean, I'm psyched now that Brandon's fighting again and representing the country again, after losses by Nover (TKO, UFC 98) & Munoz (KO, UFC 96).

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson II headlines UFC 103, "Cro Cop" vs. Junior Dos Santos set

source:mma junkie

In desperate need of a main event for the organization's first event in Dallas, the Ultimate Fighting Championship today announced a UFC 103 headliner that we've seen once before: Rich Franklin (25-4 MMA, 12-3 UFC) vs. Dan Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

The two fighters first met at UFC 93 in January with Henderson picking up a somewhat controversial split-decision win.

UFC 103 takes place Sept. 19 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas and marks the UFC's first trip to Texas since UFC 69 in Houston more than two years ago.

The UFC did not clarify whether the fighters will meet at light heavyweight or middleweight (or even a catch-weight). Franklin most recently competed at 195 pounds, and Henderson recently fought at 185. The bout, though, is unlikely to take place at 185.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was the first to report earlier this month that UFC officials wanted Franklin in a main-event slot at UFC 103. As we reported last week, the former UFC middleweight champion is in Las Vegas to negotiate a new deal directly with UFC president Dana White. "Ace" currently has just one fight remaining on his current deal and needs a new contract in place before his next fight.

With a deal apparently likely, the 34-year-old is now slotted to return in September in a rematch he's wanted ever since the initial loss.

Franklin most recently headlined UFC 99, where he defeated Wanderlei Silva via unanimous decision (at a catch-weight of 195 pounds). Franklin is now 2-1 since leaving the middleweight division. The lone loss came to Henderson, and Franklin immediately said he wanted a rematch after the loss.

In the original meeting, Henderson won the split decision via scores of 29-28, 29-28 and a surprising 27-30 score that went to Franklin. Henderson looked to have clearly won the first round, and Franklin (despite suffering a deep and accidental eye poke late in the round) appeared to clearly win the third. The second round has been the most debated, though two of the judges ultimately went with Henderson.

Henderson enters UFC 103 off a major knockout victory over rival Michael Bisping at UFC 100. It was his third consecutive victory in the UFC, which also included a September 2008 unanimous-decision win over Rousimar Palhares.

Henderson recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio he wants and thinks he deserves a rematch with current middleweight champ Anderson Silva, whom he lost to in March 2008. However, Silva is currently slotted to fight Forrest Griffin in a non-title fight next month at UFC 101, so it's still possible Henderson could get the next title shot if he earns a victory over Franklin.

The UFC also today officially announced a long rumored bout between Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Junior Dos Santos (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC)

Kids, this just might spell the end for Affliction Entertainment: Josh Barnett tests positive, AGAIN

Affliction Entertainment and M-1 Global are looking for a new opponent to face Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction “Trilogy” on Aug. 1 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif.

Multiple sources have told Sherdog.com that the California State Athletic Commission will not license Josh Barnett after a positive test result. Calls to Affliction Entertainment were not immediately returned. The CSAC said a comprehensive statement would be issued Wednesday.

Barnett said he had not been notified of any issues with his eligibility as of Tuesday evening.

“I took my test three weeks ago. I would have thought I would have heard something by now,” Barnett told Sherdog.com.

However, the former UFC heavyweight champion said he had not checked his phone messages recently and later added, “No matter what happens with this, I can assure you I will clear my name. This will not be something that I am defined by.”

Vitor Belfort has agreed in principle to face the world’s No. 1 heavyweight on 11 days’ notice, according to two separate sources close to the negotiations. One source told Sherdog.com that Emelianenko will have the opportunity to choose between Belfort and Bobby Lashley. Lashley has denied knowing anything about replacing Barnett, though.

"I don't know if I would want it right now. Since the last fight, I haven't really been into training again," he said. "That fight is next week. That would be something I would really have to take a look at. To just jump in there probably wouldn't be the smartest thing for me right now. A lot of people would say that might be a money fight. They figure, 'If we give him enough money, will he do it?' That's what people tend to look at. I don't want to get into fighting for the money so much right now.”

Belfort, a former UFC light heavyweight champion, is scheduled to face American Top Team standout Jorge Santiago in a middleweight bout on the Aug. 1 card.

Greg Savage, T.J. De Santis and Jeff Sherwood contributed to this report, which was updated at 1:06 a.m. EST with additional information from Lashley.

Bloody Elbow has a list of potential replacements for Josh:

1. Fabricio Werdum

2. Brett Rogers

3. either Yvel / Buentello / Ben Rothwell

4. Jeff Monson?

5. Tito Ortiz. WTF?!

Well, either one of those guys are better replacements for both Belfort & Lashley. Belfort is a middleweight, and Lashley is raw (no pun intended) and has no name value. Who do you guys think can replace Barnett?

Bader fought Carmelo Marrero (and won, UD as far as i can remember) at UFC Fight Night 18, but that was way back pa. He's still kinda green, so he's not being pushed yet. In time, with his power and great wrestling he'll be pushed. Props to Soz though, he's a tough vet with impressive outings his last few fights. Loved his KO over fellow IFL vet Andre Gusmao. This will be tough for Brandon.

Good thing this piece of news popped up, have been wondering where he has been & why he hasn't been fighting as of late. I mean, I'm psyched now that Brandon's fighting again and representing the country again, after losses by Nover (TKO, UFC 98) & Munoz (KO, UFC 96).

yeah, i really to see Bader fight again, i wasn't able to watch FN 18... i'm really not a Soz fan as he chokes in big fights, but i have to agree with you that Soz is a tough test for Brandon...

Brandon via vicious knees in the clinch ^_^

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson II headlines UFC 103, "Cro Cop" vs. Junior Dos Santos set

source:mma junkie

In desperate need of a main event for the organization's first event in Dallas, the Ultimate Fighting Championship today announced a UFC 103 headliner that we've seen once before: Rich Franklin (25-4 MMA, 12-3 UFC) vs. Dan Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC).

The two fighters first met at UFC 93 in January with Henderson picking up a somewhat controversial split-decision win.

UFC 103 takes place Sept. 19 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas and marks the UFC's first trip to Texas since UFC 69 in Houston more than two years ago.

The UFC did not clarify whether the fighters will meet at light heavyweight or middleweight (or even a catch-weight). Franklin most recently competed at 195 pounds, and Henderson recently fought at 185. The bout, though, is unlikely to take place at 185.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) was the first to report earlier this month that UFC officials wanted Franklin in a main-event slot at UFC 103. As we reported last week, the former UFC middleweight champion is in Las Vegas to negotiate a new deal directly with UFC president Dana White. "Ace" currently has just one fight remaining on his current deal and needs a new contract in place before his next fight.

With a deal apparently likely, the 34-year-old is now slotted to return in September in a rematch he's wanted ever since the initial loss.

Franklin most recently headlined UFC 99, where he defeated Wanderlei Silva via unanimous decision (at a catch-weight of 195 pounds). Franklin is now 2-1 since leaving the middleweight division. The lone loss came to Henderson, and Franklin immediately said he wanted a rematch after the loss.

In the original meeting, Henderson won the split decision via scores of 29-28, 29-28 and a surprising 27-30 score that went to Franklin. Henderson looked to have clearly won the first round, and Franklin (despite suffering a deep and accidental eye poke late in the round) appeared to clearly win the third. The second round has been the most debated, though two of the judges ultimately went with Henderson.

Henderson enters UFC 103 off a major knockout victory over rival Michael Bisping at UFC 100. It was his third consecutive victory in the UFC, which also included a September 2008 unanimous-decision win over Rousimar Palhares.

Henderson recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio he wants and thinks he deserves a rematch with current middleweight champ Anderson Silva, whom he lost to in March 2008. However, Silva is currently slotted to fight Forrest Griffin in a non-title fight next month at UFC 101, so it's still possible Henderson could get the next title shot if he earns a victory over Franklin.

The UFC also today officially announced a long rumored bout between Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic (25-6-2 MMA, 2-2 UFC) and Junior Dos Santos (8-1 MMA, 2-0 UFC)

what's the deal on this Ace VS Hendo fight again? i'd say Ace would dominate this fight now & Dan would lose his title shot against Spider Silva because of that loss... i really want Dan to get a title shot again & beat Anderson Silva...

yeah striker VS striker in a Crocop VS JDS fight hehehe i love to see Mirko win this fight convincingly but JDS is one tough doode as well

Bloody Elbow has a list of potential replacements for Josh:

1. Fabricio Werdum

2. Brett Rogers

3. either Yvel / Buentello / Ben Rothwell

4. Jeff Monson?

5. Tito Ortiz. WTF?!

Well, either one of those guys are better replacements for both Belfort & Lashley. Belfort is a middleweight, and Lashley is raw (no pun intended) and has no name value. Who do you guys think can replace Barnett?

s@%t is Josh really a juicer bro? WTF is happening? i've been waiting for the longest time for Josh VS Fedor fight...

Werdum? not really if you ask me, he'll get dismantled by Fedor as Fedor has the skills to keep the fight standing

Brett? hehehe yeah, a loss would put his feet back on the ground after a win against AA, although Mr Rogers hasn't been mucking up about him KTFO AA..

Monson? hehehe i guess Jeff has a chance... seriously ^_^

Tito? the name Tito Ortiz can't be in the same sentence as Fedor Emilianenko chief ^_^

i'd say Gilbert Yvel would match up just fine, or Big Country Buentello he's more like a Josh Barnett as well, but Ben Rothwell? seriously he'd get assraped by Fedor boss

Edited by riceb0i

Vitor Belfort says he's willing to step up to face Fedor! But I rather see him fight Jorge Santiago at MW! Why they dont let Bret Rogers or Alistair Overeem face Fedor! How about a Ricardo Arona rematch! Any of which would be an entertaining fight! :thumbsupsmiley:

Josh testing positive! Old news for me... he tested before when he was UFC HW champ years ago! Sayang talaga yung match up ni Fedor and Barnett! I was really waiting for this fight years ago during the Pride FC days pa lang! :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by maddromeo

Brett Rogers and Fabricio Werdum are out of the picture as per Strikeforce's Director. Overeem is also out with his old injury.

I hope Vitor does not get the match because IMO, he is headed back to the UFC if he demolishes Jorge Santiago.

Well, who else is available??

I just hope they do not let "The Steroid-Faced Assasin" Barnett fight even if his B sample tested negative.. Let's just hope that this is not a publicity stunt of Atencio..

I think this is it, with their debt piling up and with this set back that will definitely affect their pay-per view buys, Atencio should change their pay-per view name to Affliction III - The Finale..

After this fight, Fedor's 3-fight deal is finally over, Im eager to see him in a cage especially now that the HW division in UFC is crowded..

Let's see what will happen..

Me bali balita na si belfort na daw papalit. inaayos na lang detalye. But I dont know about this. Belfort lost almost half of his fights, and did not really have much significant wins against notable fighters. Oh well, I guess the show must go on then.

Pangalawang beses na nadale ito si barnett ng steriods