Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

The snowman never had any significant fights since... well ironically josh barnett. Besides he already has one line up in August 29.

Monson was defeated by the maniac sylvia via decision. Sylvia in turn was finished in less than a minute by Fedor. Fedor will waste monson in the first round Im willing to put my money on that.

In fact, I really feel sorry for the poor schmuck who will replace barnett. 80% of the training, is preparation for the fighter you are facing. And we are talking someone who is considered the GOD all mighty of MMA right now

The snowman never had any significant fights since... well ironically josh barnett. Besides he already has one line up in August 29.

Monson was defeated by the maniac sylvia via decision. Sylvia in turn was finished in less than a minute by Fedor. Fedor will waste monson in the first round Im willing to put my money on that.

In fact, I really feel sorry for the poor schmuck who will replace barnett. 80% of the training, is preparation for the fighter you are facing. And we are talking someone who is considered the GOD all mighty of MMA right now

honestly boss i don't think MMA math is very logical... i used to but now it doesn't apply.

Monson in my opinion has a good matchup stylistically, check out this credentials:

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships:

ADCC 2005 99+kg: 1st Place

ADCC 2003 99+kg: Quarter Finals

ADCC 2001 99+kg: 2nd place

ADCC 2000 88-98 kg: 2nd place Openweight: Quarter Finals, but unable to continue.

CBJJ No-Gi World Championships:

2007 Black Belt SuperSuperHeavy: 2nd Place

Black Belt Open Weight: 1st Place

2007 World Grappling Championships 125 kg: gold medal (1st place)

2008 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 U.S. Grappling World Team Trials - 275+ Division 1st place.

2007 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2006 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

2004 Budweiser World Jiu-Jitsu Championships - Pro no-gi 1st place.

MMA record of 31-8 2KO, 19sub, 9dec

Monson is one baaaad man if you ask me ^_^

Michael Bisping vs Wanderlei Silva UFC 105 main event possible for Nov. 14

Ask and you shall receive …

Michael Bisping demanded to face a “top fighter” after his devastating knockout loss to Dan Henderson at UFC 100 on July 11. UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was apparently listening and willing to satisfy that request.

Big time.

Wanderlei Silva is currently the front-runner on a short list of potential candidates to face Bisping in the main event at UFC 105 from the Manchester Evening News (MEN) Arena in Manchester, England, on Nov. 14, MMAmania.com has confirmed after a SunSport article about the match up appeared just yesterday.

Talk about jumping right back on the horse.

However, according to Silva’s manager via Fighter’s Only Magazine, Silva would prefer to wait until February 2010 before returning to action.

Here’s a snip:

“The rumors about Wanderlei fighting Michael Bisping at UFC 105 in Manchester or at any point are simply that, rumors. For some publication to say they have been given an exclusive statement on this from Team Wand is not truthful. This fight has not been discussed or offered to us by the UFC. Wand’s preference is to fight in February. He wants to take time off to heal his body and mind, and with his new gym in Las Vegas, he has business affairs and a growing team to attend to.”

Whether or not the middleweight contest comes to fruition now appears to be about timing, and of course, money.

Even though Silva has lost five of his last six fights, he’s an extremely aggressive and dangerous fighter who is capable of ending things early. In fact, “The Axe Murderer” has a technical knockout percentage of more than 70 in his 43 professional mixed martial arts bouts.

He’ll likely look to up that “Count” against a potential bout against Bisping … especially in front of a potentially hostile British crowd.

UFC 105 will be the first show held at the MEN Arena since UFC 70: “Nations Collide,” which featured one of the sport’s biggest upsets when Gabriel Gonzaga defeated Mirko Filipovic via crushing head kick.

It appears that the promotion is looking to ensure that United Kingdom fans are treated to even more fireworks, while stateside fans get to enjoy the show for free via tape-delay on Spike TV.

Whether it’s Silva or some other “big name” opponent for the local product, who is looking to get back in the 185-pound title picture sooner rather than later.

honestly boss i don't think MMA math is very logical... i used to but now it doesn't apply.

Monson in my opinion has a good matchup stylistically, check out this credentials:

ADCC 2000 88-98 kg: 2nd place Openweight: Quarter Finals, but unable to continue.

Wow sir you can really "rice" up to the occasion...hehehe where did you get this sir?

Edited by King Nothing

Well you can add up that he has a masters degree in Psychology.

He has an impressive wrestling and BJJ yes. But if it was not mixed martial arts we were talking about I would not be so skeptic. But not am I only talking about MMA here, were talking about him going up against the god of MMA. He could not manage to get a decision win against Sylvia who at one point almost submitted him. Fedor wasted Sylvia in less than 40 seconds. Not only did sylvia beat monson, he beat arlovski too, and arlovski kissed the canvass. Looking at the vids from different angles, Arlovski was not really doing that much damage to fedor as it appeared. Arlovski was able to stagger fedor, but the punch hardly was hitting the chin. It was rather cushioned by the shoulders. Yes, Arlovski did deliver a good kick that backed fedor up, but fedor did set up that punch to the jaw effectively. In the slow mo, it was apparent that the punch came before the flying knee, and landed right on the button as arlovski was coming forward.

Anyway, I pity the schmuck who has to take the fight on short notice. A well prepared fighter has a slim chance of winning fedor, what more a replacement who took a less than a week notice?

anything can happen in MMA chief ^_^

Fedor is a great fighter no doubt, but everyone is still beatable if you ask me, and that's what's great about MMA

a great gameplan is the best weapon loaded with awesome skillset that compliments an extraordinary physical prowess. ^_^

plus the excerpt re Snowman VS the Maine-ac lets factor in the height and reach advantage of Big Tim, he's like 6'8 and Monson is what 5'9 i'd say that was really a UD in the making, BTW he didn't nearly submitted Monson, as Monson wasn't really in any danger from the triangle choked attempt from Tim.

i apologize for this chief, i just don't take anyone lightly when they don't give much chance to fighter having a chance against someone else... except if that fighter you were taking for granted is named Kimbo Slice ^_^

oh almost forgot boss King Nothing i got that information from google ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

UK's Finest :lol:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2348/2vbu49lm.gif

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8276/pacquiaohattonkoslo1.gif

Can't wait for UFC 101 Silva vs Griffin pareho ko idol, pero mas gusto ko manalo Silva.

Chineck ko ulit fight card ng UFC 102 wala na si Vera amf.

Affliction Cancels Trilogy lolz

hayzz napaka lame talaga ng WAMMA. Lipat na lang lahat sila sa UFC lalo na si Fedor at Belfort.

Edited by BenRomansa

Affliction cancels Aug. 1 ‘Trilogy’ event

Affliction has canceled its upcoming “Trilogy” event, which was planned for the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., on Aug. 1.

The promotion today announced the bad news in an official statement.

It comes just days after Affliction suffered a major blow to its pay-per-view main event when headliner Josh Barnett tested positive for anabolic steroids in the first ever random drug test administered by the California State Athletic Commission on June 25.

As a result, Barnett was denied a license to compete, forcing company officials to scramble for a replacement opponent opposite Fedor Emelianenko.

Speculation had revolved around who that replacement fighter would be.

At the top of a short list of candidates was current middleweight contender Vitor Belfort, who was scheduled to face Jorge Santiago that same night, but who also stated he was willing to move up in weight to fight “The Last Emperor.”

Dark horse Brett Rogers, fresh off a stunning first round knockout of former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski, as well as freelance fighter Jeff Monson were also under consideration.

Now it appears their services will no longer be needed, as Atencio didn’t want to commit to a replacement bout without sufficient time to promote it.

Here’s a snip:

“Finding an opponent for the No. 1 ranked MMA heavyweight champion in such a short period of time was a huge endeavor and I’m thrilled at the amount of fighters willing to take on this challenge. But in the end, we just didn’t have enough time to promote a new fight to our standards.”

What impact this cancellation has on the future of Affliction MMA remains to be seen — but as of now it’s not looking very promising.

UFC 107: Frank Mir in talks to face Cheick Kongo on Dec. 12

Eager to rebound from their recent losses, UFC heavyweights Frank Mir and Cheick Kongo are in talks to collide at UFC 107, tentatively scheduled for the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12.

While bout agreements have not been distributed, MMAmania.com has been able to confirm an earlier report by Sportsnet.ca that both sides have expressed interest in the potential showdown.

Mir is coming off a smothering and painful loss Brock Lesnar at UFC 100 on July 11 in the final round of the mini heavyweight tournament set up to declare an undisputed division champion.

Prior to that, Mir did what no man before him ever had, finishing the legendary Antonio Nogueira for the first time in his prestigious career with crisp stand up and not his bread and butter, the submission game.

Whether or not Mir keeps it standing against Kongo — who has been susceptible to the takedown — remains to be seen.

Like Mir, Kongo was on the wrong end of wrestler’s bludgeoning when he got planished by Cain Velasquez at UFC 99 this past June. While the Parisian manged to drop the up-and-coming prospect with his heavy hands, Velasquez survived and utilized his ground and pound to grind out the lopsided decision.

Kongo went into UFC 99 winning five of six after dismantling Antoni Hardonk at UFC 97: “Redemption” back in April, stopping the Dutch kickboxer in the second round via technical knockout — the first TKO loss in Hardonk’s career.

A win over the crafty Mir would certainly get people talking about his place in this division.

UFC 107 is expected to be headlined by “Sugar” Rashad Evans vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, bitter rivals and opposing coaches on the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Stay tuned for more updates on this developing fight card.

Affliction Clothing Back in UFC Fold

Affliction Entertainment has ceased all promotional efforts effective immediately, and has hashed out a deal to become a brand sponsor for its former rival, the UFC.

Yahoo Sports first reported of the industry shake-up, which Sherdog.com also confirmed with numerous sources.

UFC President Dana White remained elusive on the subject during an interview with ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas.

“Affliction hasn’t made any real comment yet [on its future],” White said. “These guys are good at making clothes. We’re in the fight business. That’s what we do. There’s going to be a lot of interesting things happening over the next couple of weeks.”

White, however, hinted at plans for a major press conference on July 31.

“There are going to be a lot of crazy things,” White said. “I’m going to have a laundry list of things I’m going to mention.”

Affliction, which co-promoted two events with M-1 Global in July 2008 and January 2009, cancelled its Aug. 1 show on Friday morning, roughly 60 hours after it got word that Josh Barnett would not be licensed by the California State Athletic Commission to face Fedor Emelianenko in the main event due to an alleged positive pre-test for steroids. The sudden about-face has left 22 fighters left to scramble for new assignments.

M-1 Global represents Emelianenko as both a promoter and management team. Representatives from M-1 Global, all en route to the U.S. on Friday, could not be reached for comment.

In exchange for ad space on the coveted Octagon and its fighters, it was reported that Affliction had agreed to cease all promoting operations. The same deal was presented to Affliction last October, but was rejected by at least one of the company’s executives, said a source who was close to the negotiations.

Affliction began its relationship with the UFC in 2006, sponsoring fighters to wear its popular brand at events. The two companies then fell out over business practices and Affliction entered the fight game as a promoter. The clothing brand was promptly banned as a sponsor at UFC events.

This story was updated at 10:03 p.m. ET to include White’s comments to ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas.

Guest megalodon
UFC 107: Frank Mir in talks to face Cheick Kongo on Dec. 12

Eager to rebound from their recent losses, UFC heavyweights Frank Mir and Cheick Kongo are in talks to collide at UFC 107, tentatively scheduled for the FedEx Forum in Memphis, Tennessee on December 12.

While bout agreements have not been distributed, MMAmania.com has been able to confirm an earlier report by Sportsnet.ca that both sides have expressed interest in the potential showdown.

Mir is coming off a smothering and painful loss Brock Lesnar at UFC 100 on July 11 in the final round of the mini heavyweight tournament set up to declare an undisputed division champion.

Prior to that, Mir did what no man before him ever had, finishing the legendary Antonio Nogueira for the first time in his prestigious career with crisp stand up and not his bread and butter, the submission game.

Whether or not Mir keeps it standing against Kongo — who has been susceptible to the takedown — remains to be seen.

Like Mir, Kongo was on the wrong end of wrestler’s bludgeoning when he got planished by Cain Velasquez at UFC 99 this past June. While the Parisian manged to drop the up-and-coming prospect with his heavy hands, Velasquez survived and utilized his ground and pound to grind out the lopsided decision.

Kongo went into UFC 99 winning five of six after dismantling Antoni Hardonk at UFC 97: “Redemption” back in April, stopping the Dutch kickboxer in the second round via technical knockout — the first TKO loss in Hardonk’s career.

A win over the crafty Mir would certainly get people talking about his place in this division.

UFC 107 is expected to be headlined by “Sugar” Rashad Evans vs. Quinton “Rampage” Jackson, bitter rivals and opposing coaches on the tenth season of The Ultimate Fighter.

Stay tuned for more updates on this developing fight card.

Looks like the black on black crime is gonna be committed. Hehe.

UK's Finest :lol:

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/2348/2vbu49lm.gif

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8276/pacquiaohattonkoslo1.gif

Can't wait for UFC 101 Silva vs Griffin pareho ko idol, pero mas gusto ko manalo Silva.

Chineck ko ulit fight card ng UFC 102 wala na si Vera amf.

Affliction Cancels Trilogy lolz

hayzz napaka lame talaga ng WAMMA. Lipat na lang lahat sila sa UFC lalo na si Fedor at Belfort.

Likely this will not be good... considering the pay check,take note US and the rest of the world is still in limbo of recession... So If all of affliction fighters goes to UFC It could spell a lot of paycheck war, which might affect the UFC funds...

What Vera's out? any news on why the boot?

^^^ Here's the whole deal going down, according to Sherdog.com:

Affliction Entertainment has ceased all promotional efforts effective immediately, and has hashed out a deal to become a brand sponsor for its former rival, the UFC.

Yahoo Sports first reported of the industry shake-up, which Sherdog.com also confirmed with numerous sources.

UFC President Dana White remained elusive on the subject during an interview with ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas.

“Affliction hasn’t made any real comment yet [on its future],” White said. “These guys are good at making clothes. We’re in the fight business. That’s what we do. There’s going to be a lot of interesting things happening over the next couple of weeks.”

White, however, hinted at plans for a major press conference on July 31.

“There are going to be a lot of crazy things,” White said. “I’m going to have a laundry list of things I’m going to mention.”

Affliction, which co-promoted two events with M-1 Global in July 2008 and January 2009, cancelled its Aug. 1 show on Friday morning, roughly 60 hours after it got word that Josh Barnett would not be licensed by the California State Athletic Commission to face Fedor Emelianenko in the main event due to an alleged positive pre-test for steroids. The sudden about-face has left 22 fighters left to scramble for new assignments.

M-1 Global represents Emelianenko as both a promoter and management team. Representatives from M-1 Global, all en route to the U.S. on Friday, could not be reached for comment.

In exchange for ad space on the coveted Octagon and its fighters, it was reported that Affliction had agreed to cease all promoting operations. The same deal was presented to Affliction last October, but was rejected by at least one of the company’s executives, said a source who was close to the negotiations.

Affliction began its relationship with the UFC in 2006, sponsoring fighters to wear its popular brand at events. The two companies then fell out over business practices and Affliction entered the fight game as a promoter. The clothing brand was promptly banned as a sponsor at UFC events.

This story was updated at 10:03 p.m. ET to include White’s comments to ESPN Radio 1100 in Las Vegas.

I knew it, when I saw Barnett's positive test result Affliction was going down with him. It's impossible to find a replacement for a main event in less than 5 days.

What sucks about all this is, what happens to the guys with little to no name recognition at all? I mean, guys like Belfort, Hieron, Horodecki, Buentello, and the rest can go anywhere they want, but what about the rest? Sure there's Strikeforce, but what if Strikeforce don't want them too?

Affliction did not even make their third event. Damn it, now Im excited!!

Fedor still has a 1 fight left with affliction, the question would be, did UFC acquire that contract? If they did, then Fedor cannot escape the cage now.. he needs to fight at least once inside the cage..

Also, Gomi was set to make his US debut at Affliction. Will that push through as well?

Wow!! Major turning point for MMA.. Cant wait for UFC press con on July 31..

anything can happen in MMA chief ^_^

Fedor is a great fighter no doubt, but everyone is still beatable if you ask me, and that's what's great about MMA

a great gameplan is the best weapon loaded with awesome skillset that compliments an extraordinary physical prowess. ^_^

plus the excerpt re Snowman VS the Maine-ac lets factor in the height and reach advantage of Big Tim, he's like 6'8 and Monson is what 5'9 i'd say that was really a UD in the making, BTW he didn't nearly submitted Monson, as Monson wasn't really in any danger from the triangle choked attempt from Tim.

i apologize for this chief, i just don't take anyone lightly when they don't give much chance to fighter having a chance against someone else... except if that fighter you were taking for granted is named Kimbo Slice ^_^

oh almost forgot boss King Nothing i got that information from google ^_^

No need for an appologies, I am simply giving my thoughts on a match up like that. Well of course anything can happen in MMA, a fight can end quickly out a a fluke. But being realistic about it, and given the circumstances, its simply unlikely that someone like monson could be able to step up against fedor in short notice.

Yes the size did play a factor when monson fought sylvia, but remember cotoure dominated Sylvia despite of the fact sylvia was almost twice the size of captain america. Fedor is a natural light heavyweight if you ask me, but he can whack out guys bigger than him.

But you and I at least agree on something. You always got to have a good game plan and preparation to win every fight. And in less than a week, how can monson cook up a perfect game and training plan against the king of MMA? 80% of your training is for your opponents style. Fedor as we all know is a tactician. He does not fight on pure rage and instinct. Look at the finesse of his executions. Randallman slammed him on the canvass head first, but look how fedor kept his composure, and executed that kimura nicely.

But oh well, what a waste, the fight aint happening. I guess lets all look forward on seeing fedor in the cage. Fedor as good as a fighter he is, might have a hard time adjusting his game plan in the octagon

mystery pagkawala ni Vera sa UFC 102 card

Vera is out again! Potek that sucks big time! Aabutin na naman sya ng ring rust pag ganyan. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Sir I don't think its a mystery... Mark Munoz will Fight instead... Vera and Soz is not in any up coming events so it fair to say...no cover up or what so ever...

Speaking of rust... as long as he keeps in training even in mild level only and does sparring even on once a week basis only is enough to avoid accumulating to much rust.