Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

hehehehe BJ Penn ain't no joke in 155

i pity those who think lightly of him after that loss to GSP...

Penn Lost to GSP because of exhaustion, not because of lack of skill. He might have walked out with a decision win on that fight but his tank got emptied out. Kenflo tried the same strategy of putting the pressure on Penn to exhaust him, but he aint no GSP

^^^ it must be the porontong shorts...

GSP used the porontong shorts in his advantage to easily take down BJ. Florian follow GSP gameplan and uses the same wrestling technique to wear BJ out but cant take him down as he is wearing the "flexible" shorts thats give BJs legs more strechability during take down attempts....

hmmnn come to think of it SILVA and GSP wears the same TT shorts...

delikado si Jones JR kay silva sa boxing... kuhang kuha nya style...

Guest megalodon
hehehehe BJ Penn ain't no joke in 155

i pity those who think lightly of him after that loss to GSP...

Yup. I think BJ deserves a third shot at GSP coz of the controversial "Vaselinegate". KenFlo is good but BJ is better. As for The Spider, I would love to see him go up against his friend The Dragon. I don't think GSP could beat Silva. Silva is just way too wily for GSP. In my opinion, the top 2 pound for pound fighters in the world are Machida and Silva.

UFC 101 results:

Anderson Silva def. Forrest Griffin

Silva - regained the respect & love of the fans

Griffin - went off after being knocked out (maybe got embarrassed with the outcome). Mas mabilis pa yata takbo niya kay Usain Bolt. :lol:

BJ Penn def. Kenny Florian

Penn - looked in phenomenal shape (better than how he looked like against GSP) :thumbsupsmiley:

Florian - impressive, but did not inflict any major damage

Nag mukhang katawa-tawa si Griffin dun sa pagtatakbo nya, after mahinto ang laban biglang tumayo sabay takbo palabas ng octagon... Maybe may reason?

it's more serious than it looks, damn:

from Bloody Elbow's Luke Thomas:

Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

[uPDATE] - Confirmed by telegraph.co.uk:

"Griffin had been taken to the hospital for checks, unable to hear in one ear, and in order to get his jaw checked."

UFC Lightweight Champ.. BJ Penn proves that he's still the world's number 1 fighter at 155lbs. division.... I'm a fan of Anderson "Spider" Silva and also Forrest Griffin.. but I don't know what happen to their fight.. I got to see the DVD of it coz the booze got into ME na ata while watching the fight.. and of course there's not much of replays shown as to what happened.. but from what I saw, the punches thrown by Silva I thinks wasn't significant enough to create damage.. I dunno... I gotta see first the DVD.. ;)

I was a bit disappointed that the match between bj and kenflo wasn't the technical matt match that i was expecting but the result was fantastic. Bj penn outclassed florian, kenflo was really trying hard to takedown penn but he wasn'r successful. BJ just took florian donw once in the 4th round that resulted in the textbook rear naked choke that ended the match.

I expected silva to win over forrest but i didn't expect it to be that fast and easy. The spider was able to see the punches from a mile away and tagged forrest twice with the same jab. The second jab left griffin swimming (the motion of his hands was like he was drowning) on the floor.

NEXT.......RANDY "THE NATURAL" COUTURE VS ANTONIO RODRIGO "MINITORO" NOGUIERRA

Edited by TEQUILAJOE
I expected silva to win over forrest but i didn't expect it to be that fast and easy. The spider was able to see the punches from a mile away and tagged forrest twice with the same jab. The second jab left griffin swimming (the motion of his hands was like he was drowning) on the floor.

agree. when i was watching the fight my jaw dropped (no pun intended), cuz anderson dominated forrest like no one has dominated anybody inside the octagon EVER. forrest was right in saying that someone needs to push anderson to be the best, and this performance is a scary reminder for those lined up next against him (hendo, the winner of Maia vs. Marquardt @ 102, and everybody else at 185 AND 205) that anderson is still the world's most dangerous man (it ain't ken shamrock anymore, it doesn't fit him at all).

i mean, he KO'd forrest with a jab while going backwards. what the hell does that say when he punches you going forward then?!

UPDATE: as per Cage Potato, Forrest Griffin's camp confirmed that the fighter suffered a broken jaw and partial hearing loss during his whuppin' at the hands of Anderson Silva, and sprinted out of the cage in order to seek immediate medical attention. so it was indeed more serious than a bruised ego as to why he ran out after he got his ass kicked. I hope he recovers soon.

Edited by SevenZeroFive

bwisit,

never will I stay late and watch the reply of another UFC event, na panood ko yung reply sa 23, and 11 na ata nag start and nag end ng 2 am.

not worth it, asar.

as expected si Silva naman talaga ang may advantage over Griffin, but so mismatch.

they just hyped the fight to make it interesting and to look good in papers but striking wise, mismatch talaga, forrest feeds on breaking down opponents ground and pound, He's not known as a precise and powerful puncher.

in the end it seems like forrest is there to highlight the skills of Spider, there's really no way forrest can defeat Spider standing up.

atleast forrest is pump umped coming in and more pumped up going back to the locker. hehe!..

With Bj penn, galing, instead na sya ang maubusan ng Cardio, isang iglap lang wala na si florian.

pero may question talaga sa stamina nya, it seems na final push yung ng yare and pag dating sa ground alam na.

but di paden exciting to watch. nwei Thumbs up paden to Penn and SPider.

sana lang mangyare ang Machida vs Silva.

sure to be explosive, meron lang tyak na feeling out process at maging intayan. but for sure they will engage and we will know kung sino talaga ang best striker.

Im not sure about the Couture and Nugeira fight, not that excited.

peace.

Guest megalodon
With Bj penn, galing, instead na sya ang maubusan ng Cardio, isang iglap lang wala na si florian.

pero may question talaga sa stamina nya, it seems na final push yung ng yare and pag dating sa ground alam na.

but di paden exciting to watch. nwei Thumbs up paden to Penn and SPider.

sana lang mangyare ang Machida vs Silva.

sure to be explosive, meron lang tyak na feeling out process at maging intayan. but for sure they will engage and we will know kung sino talaga ang best striker.

Im not sure about the Couture and Nugeira fight, not that excited.

peace.

I'd love to see Machida vs. Silva coz The Spider is the best striker in MMA and Machida is the best counterstriker in MMA. That would be a dream match. But if that match comes into fruition, in my opinion, Machida by KO or decision.

Guest megalodon
Was really excited about the Silva - Griffin bout. But I must say was frustrated to see it end that way.

As of the moment Silva rules, Agree that he's the most dangerous man in the Octagon at 185, 205 lbs.

10 straight wins for him in the UFC.

I agree that he is the most dangerous man at 185 but at 205? No way. You forgot about the LH champion Lyoto Machida.

Penn Lost to GSP because of exhaustion, not because of lack of skill. He might have walked out with a decision win on that fight but his tank got emptied out. Kenflo tried the same strategy of putting the pressure on Penn to exhaust him, but he aint no GSP

BJ got beat in the GSP fight because he wasn't prepared, and GSP has a significant size advantage over BJ in WW, if you check out the fight again you'd see a chubby BJ Penn man

Yup. I think BJ deserves a third shot at GSP coz of the controversial "Vaselinegate". KenFlo is good but BJ is better. As for The Spider, I would love to see him go up against his friend The Dragon. I don't think GSP could beat Silva. Silva is just way too wily for GSP. In my opinion, the top 2 pound for pound fighters in the world are Machida and Silva.

well Ed Soares confirmed Anderson Silva's rise to 205, but Anderson is not too keen in fighting Lyoto thats for sure...

it's more serious than it looks, damn:

from Bloody Elbow's Luke Thomas:

Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

[uPDATE] - Confirmed by telegraph.co.uk:

"Griffin had been taken to the hospital for checks, unable to hear in one ear, and in order to get his jaw checked."

i hope nothing really serious... baka nag lockjaw kaya tumakbo kaagad si Forrest for medical attention... if that's the damage that the power of Anderson's hands have then i feel really sorry for Dan Hendo, Demian Maia & Nate the Great...

bwisit,

never will I stay late and watch the reply of another UFC event, na panood ko yung reply sa 23, and 11 na ata nag start and nag end ng 2 am.

not worth it, asar.

as expected si Silva naman talaga ang may advantage over Griffin, but so mismatch.

they just hyped the fight to make it interesting and to look good in papers but striking wise, mismatch talaga, forrest feeds on breaking down opponents ground and pound, He's not known as a precise and powerful puncher.

in the end it seems like forrest is there to highlight the skills of Spider, there's really no way forrest can defeat Spider standing up.

atleast forrest is pump umped coming in and more pumped up going back to the locker. hehe!..

Forrest is actually known as a brawler type of a fighter but after getting KOed by Keith Jardine he evolved into a technical 1, 2, 10 (jab, straight, kick) fighter, i feel bad about this loss for Forrest, but he didn't lose my respect because he ran away after the fight... if he ran away during the fight that's another story man...

Guest megalodon
BJ got beat in the GSP fight because he wasn't prepared, and GSP has a significant size advantage over BJ in WW, if you check out the fight again you'd see a chubby BJ Penn man

well Ed Soares confirmed Anderson Silva's rise to 205, but Anderson is not too keen in fighting Lyoto thats for sure...

i hope nothing really serious... baka nag lockjaw kaya tumakbo kaagad si Forrest for medical attention... if that's the damage that the power of Anderson's hands have then i feel really sorry for Dan Hendo, Demian Maia & Nate the Great...

Forrest is actually known as a brawler type of a fighter but after getting KOed by Keith Jardine he evolved into a technical 1, 2, 10 (jab, straight, kick) fighter, i feel bad about this loss for Forrest, but he didn't lose my respect because he ran away after the fight... if he ran away during the fight that's another story man...

Dude,

Who do you think will win should Machida fight Silva?

Madaming nagsasabi after ma KO ni Silva si Irvin na di tunay na challenge si Irvin kaya pinalaban si Forest. Tunay na challenge na daw, mas malala pa nangyari amf :lol:

=====

Madaming nakapila kay Spider sa belt. Maia/Marquardt and Hendo. Sa tingin ko si Hendo may pinakamataas ng chance matalo si Spider. Kung sakali ma DEF ni Spider yung belt kina Hendo/Maia/Marquardt saka na ulit sya lumipat sa LHW to face Machida/Shogun/Rampage/Evans. Epic fight sana kay GSP pero parang di bagay si Spider sa Welterweight or si GSP sa Middleweight.

=======

Kawawa si KenFlo, 0% success sa takedown. Sa tingin nyo effective ba yung cardio training ni BJ?

Edited by BenRomansa
Dude,

Who do you think will win should Machida fight Silva?

i'm all for Machida chief, just because he's got more heart in my opinion ^_^

this win against Forrest Griffin is a good comeback win for Silva but it still didn't erase the memory of the Cote & Leites fights... if he did another back elbow KO in this fight like he KOed Fryklund then hehehe i'd say he's the fukking man ^_^

Madaming nagsasabi after ma KO ni Silva si Irvin na di tunay na challenge si Irvin kaya pinalaban si Forest. Tunay na challenge na daw, mas malala pa nangyari amf :lol:

=====

Madaming nakapila kay Spider sa belt. Maia/Marquardt and Hendo. Sa tingin ko si Hendo may pinakamataas ng chance matalo si Spider. Kung sakali ma DEF ni Spider yung belt kina Hendo/Maia/Marquardt saka na ulit sya lumipat sa LHW to face Machida/Shogun/Rampage/Evans. Epic fight sana kay GSP pero parang di bagay si Spider sa Welterweight or si GSP sa Middleweight.

=======

Kawawa si KenFlo, 0% success sa takedown. Sa tingin nyo effective ba yung cardio training ni BJ?

actually if Thales Leites had half the heart & chin of Ryo Chonan he could've beaten Anderson Silva... i don't question his ground game man, he's a black belt who submits other blackbelts, but he lacked the hunger and heart to go for bust in their fight as he flopped like a bitch man...

Dan Henderson will probably be a match for Anderson Silva this time around, he's adjusted to staying in 185 and is hardy as he ever was, he'd use that Olympic level wrestling of his to negate where the fight goes and he's got decent GnP and a fukken granite chin if the fight remains standing... if he doesn't get caught up in the moment standing and trading bombs (he's got a bad habit of doing this with strikers) i'd say he's got a shot at winning, and him being a veteran he'd be able to follow the gameplan to a t

hehehe Kenflo said he wanted BJ's belt... well he got the belt alright, belted like a bitch ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

Agree Sir! I would like to see the rematch between Hendo and A.Silva! I know Hendo can do better compared the last time they fought! But there are talks of the Spider moving up permanently at the LHW division! :thumbsdownsmiley:

By the Way some MMA news (outside the UFC) Miguel Torres got KTFO'd by Brian Bowles in the first round in their Championship bout! WEC has a new Bantamweight Champ! Havent seen the video yet! A Must see... :thumbsupsmiley:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/bowles-fl...at-wec-42-19015