Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Mga Sir! Let's not jump into conclusions... We all know Mousasi is manged by M1 and it's his US Debut! It's ridiculous that he only made $2000 in that fight! Yun lang ang disclosed sa CSAC! Def. may under the table na ng yari or locker room bonus d2! And that's only a Strikeforce show not a M1/Strikeforce co-promotion! Mas ok nga yun eh kasi $2000 lang ang matatax sa kanya... Do you guys really believe he only made 2 G's in that bout! It wont even cover his plain ticket with his cornermen!? :hypocritesmiley:

Didn't think her striking did anything for her either....Cyborg is just too much!!!

Yep, gina was done for it the moment the bell rang. Its not just really about size, but gina did not have game. She really lacked speed in that fight, and gassed out on the earlier seconds of the round.

UFC 106: Shane Carwin will face Brock Lesnar on Nov. 21

Undefeated heavyweight behemoth Shane Carwin has reportedly been pulled from his Oct. 24 bout against fellow fast-rising prospect Cain Velasquez to fight current champion Brock Lesnar at UFC 106 from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on November 21.

Rumors began to circulate last night after MMAmadness.com broke the news and MMAmania.com has since been able to confirm the big shake up.

Carwin and Velasquez were originally paired up for UFC 104 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles, Calif., to determine a number one contender for Brock’s title.

With Randy Couture and Antonio Nogueira having already committed to the main event of UFC 102, there were some concerns within the organization that a suitable opponent would not be found for Lesnar by year’s end following his destruction of Frank Mir at UFC 100.

There was also the possibility of eliminating two major prospects within the division in a very short period of time had the winner of Carwin vs. Velasquez gone on to be defeated by the champ.

Velasquez will still compete at UFC 104 as scheduled and with a victory would likely face the winner of Lesnar vs. Carwin at some point in 2010.

UFC 106 is expected to feature MMA elder statesman Mark “The Hammer” Coleman as he welcomes the return of the surgically repaired “Huntington Beach Bad Boy” Tito Ortiz in a 205-pound clash.

UFC 104: Ben Rothwell vs Cain Velasquez booked for Oct. 24

On the heels of Shane Carwin being scratched from UFC 104 to challenge Brock Lesnar for the division title in November, MMAmania.com (www.mmamania.com) has learned that former IFL and Affliction heavyweight standout Ben Rothwell has agreed to step in for “The Engineer” versus Cain Velasquez on Oct. 24.

Rothwell is coming off a dominating technical knockout win over Chris Guillen at Adrenaline II back in Dec. 2008. Prior to that, “Big” was riding a career high 13-fight win streak before running into former UFC heavyweight champion, Andrei Arlovski, during the inaugural Affliction event in July 2008 .

Before the loss, he had defeated former UFC champion Ricco Rodriguez, The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 8 standout Krzysztof Soszynski, Roy “Big Country” Nelson and others.

The Miletich Fighting Systems (MFS)-trained fighter was on course to throw hands with Chase Gormley at the same event however, the UFC quickly shuffled the deck after Carwin’s departure.

on Carwin vs. Lesnar @ UFC 106:

Big fight, and there's already beef between the two. Carwin was one of the outspoken fighters against Brock's tirade after kicking Frank Mir's ass back in UFC 100, talking a lot of smack. This will be a good fight between two top tier wrestlers with scary striking power.

yep, Carwin has gone thru the Frank Mir route and started the shittalking against Brock...

i feel sorry for the guy... Brock trains harder when people talkshit about him...

I'll pick Brock by 2nd Round TKO...

UFC 102 picks:

Randy Couture

Thiago Silva

Chris Leben

Demian Maia

Krzysztof Soszynski

Gabriel Gonzaga

James Irvin

Mark Munoz

no love for Brandon Vera?

yep, Carwin has gone thru the Frank Mir route and started the shittalking against Brock...

i feel sorry for the guy... Brock trains harder when people talkshit about him...

no love for Brandon Vera?

i'm actually rooting for Brock against Carwin. Shane is a great fighter, but sadly he's jumped on the ignorance bandwagon, playing the pro wrestling card in ragging on Brock. are people forgetting Brock's NCAA career on purpose just because he did pro wrestling? That's just absurd and very dissappointing. The reason why Brock got in Frank's face after he smashed it is because he did the same thing Shane is doing now: rag on his skills just because he was (i repeat, WAS) a rassler. C'mon, that's just stupid.

i'm actually rooting for Brock against Carwin. Shane is a great fighter, but sadly he's jumped on the ignorance bandwagon, playing the pro wrestling card in ragging on Brock. are people forgetting Brock's NCAA career on purpose just because he did pro wrestling? That's just absurd and very dissappointing. The reason why Brock got in Frank's face after he smashed it is because he did the same thing Shane is doing now: rag on his skills just because he was (i repeat, WAS) a rassler. C'mon, that's just stupid.

yep my thoughts exactly...

Carwin just jumped on the hype machine that is Brock Lesnar

he didn't say diddlysquat to Frank Mir's shittalking against Brock pre-fight...

hehehehe i hope Brock goes apeshit in training so he'd smash that big mouth of Carwin in UFC 106 ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
Sino maghheadline sa UFC 105 at kailan?

The plan was Wanderlei Silva vs. Bisping, since 105 will be in Manchester. That has been scratched, because of this:

Wanderlei had facial surgery to (maybe) remove scar tissue all over his face.

Instead, the main event (still rumors I believe) will be "The Prodigy" BJ Penn against Diego "YES!!!" Sanchez for the UFC Lightweight Title. Bisping will take on Denis Kang instead.

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/radio/mmajunkie-radio-090821.jpg

If you guys can listen to MMA Junkie Radio Mark Munoz was a guest there, discussed his preparation for his fight at 102. Training with the Nog Brothers @ Black House, talking about his Pinoy roots, and more.

And, that episode also features Don Fryedays with MMA pioneer and undercover counselor Don Frye. BEST. s@%t. EVER.