Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Agree Sir! I would like to see the rematch between Hendo and A.Silva! I know Hendo can do better compared the last time they fought! But there are talks of the Spider moving up permanently at the LHW division! :thumbsdownsmiley:

By the Way some MMA news (outside the UFC) Miguel Torres got KTFO'd by Brian Bowles in the first round in their Championship bout! WEC has a new Bantamweight Champ! Havent seen the video yet! A Must see... :thumbsupsmiley:

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/bowles-fl...at-wec-42-19015

yep Brian Bowles is still undefeated... the win came out of nowhere, it looked like a normal Torres fight until that right connected ^_^

Diego Sanchez could be next for BJ Penn. If that's so, Penn should better be ready for a very explosive and fast-paced fight.

Anderson Silva's jab was the icing on the cake. He already dropped Forrest twice, I think, before that last one and Forrest was already hurt during the process. I hope Forrest would be able to go back to his winning ways after this loss. As for Silva's next opponent, well Hendo has improved and adjusted to 185 but I believe Silva's still better.

It's hard to tell who has the advantage against Silva and Machida.

This is the fight that has to happen, It's like Pacquiao mayweather for boxing.

They're both excellent fighters and has knock out power. the bad thing about this fight is if both fighters decided to wait and let the other be the aggresor, but looking to they're fight records they like to finish opponents givent the Chance, and since Spider, as for he's after fight interview said hes interested of fighting the best. I hope this fight comes to life.

for me I'll favor the spider, both our accurant strikers, but I think spider, has tricks that are yet to be shown.

and for a rematch w/ hendo, I don't think it will be different from the last fight, He happens to time Bisping with the overhand right, It will be hard for him to do that against Spider, he really chance is on the ground, but this time he will think twice of bringing Spider again in the ground.

so for me If not Spider vs Machida, or Gsp fighting, maybe Rich ACE, I'll try to stay away from UFC for a while, its kind of getting boring. no offense. but I still love to see any upcoming fighters ready to slug it off, just like old times.

haha!..

anderson states that he doesn't want to fight machida because they are training partners and very good friends in and out of black house. but if dana and j. silva wants to set up a fight, it would be interesting to see both of them at the opposite corner of the octagon (just spare us from half hearted fights). i just hope shogun gets the title from machida (anything can happen in mma hehe... ) so anderson can challenge the 205 belt from him.

silva versus machida should really happen. its just a competition so to speak. same scenario with tito ortiz when he was light heavyweight champion. he kept on dodging chuck lidell insisting that they were friends. but then chuck really got hungry for the belt so friendship got out of the way and tito got knocked out not just once but twice.

Sexyama VS Silva should also happen ^_^

That's a good matchup. Actually, all the potential matchups for Anderson looks good, it's just that 185 is not as marquee as 205 in terms of star power. Look who I have lined up (I hope) for Anderson:

1. Demian Maia

2. Nate Marquardt (again)

3. Dan Henderson (who's next in line, i think)

4. Yoshihiro Akiyama

5. Ricardo Almeida

6. Alessio Sakara (maybe)

7. Wanderlei Silva (how can 185 be looked past when this guy is moving down to 185?!)

And finally, the one UFC middleweight who gets screwed all the time when it comes to title matches...

8. Yushin Okami

Oh, & as early as now I'm excited to see Diego "YES!!!!" Sanchez against BJ. That would be epic.

That's a good matchup. Actually, all the potential matchups for Anderson looks good, it's just that 185 is not as marquee as 205 in terms of star power. Look who I have lined up (I hope) for Anderson:

1. Demian Maia

2. Nate Marquardt (again)

3. Dan Henderson (who's next in line, i think)

4. Yoshihiro Akiyama

5. Ricardo Almeida

6. Alessio Sakara (maybe)

7. Wanderlei Silva (how can 185 be looked past when this guy is moving down to 185?!)

And finally, the one UFC middleweight who gets screwed all the time when it comes to title matches...

8. Yushin Okami

Oh, & as early as now I'm excited to see Diego "YES!!!!" Sanchez against BJ. That would be epic.

i've got something similar as well:

1. Hendo

2. Demian Maia

3. Okami

3. Nate the Great

4. Wand

5. Vitor Belfort (yeah a rejuvenated Phenom is back)

6. Sexyama

7. a couple of matches more for the Big Dog and he's a contender as well

8. another chance for Cote, what happened in that match was a freak accident

8. Yushin Okami

I have to agree with you on this one. The reality of how is it that UP TO THIS POINT IN TIME, Yushin Okami has not been given a shot at Anderson Silva's Title still escapes me. Clearly the guy has had a successful run in the UFC apart from that one close decision loss to Rich Franklin (which he nearly won in the last few seconds) and he has a victory over Anderson albeit the fact that it was via DQ it is still a victory over the Spider nonetheless.

Tsk. Dana White always looking for the fighter who sells the most tickets.

Epic A.Silva's expression

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3849/2ekr6ee.gif

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9575/andersonsilva12.jpg

===========

Since losing to Silva at UFC 82, Henderson has three straight victories: a unanimous decision over Rousimar Palhares at 185, a split decision win over Rich Franklin at light heavyweight, and a middleweight knockout victory over Michael Bisping.

Does that really make him a number one contender? I feel a true number one opponent (at 185) would be if Henderson fought the winner of Nate Marquardt and Damian Maia, Soares told MMAWeekly.com. That would produce a true number one contender... we could take another fight at 205 or a catchweight fight (in the meantime).

I have to agree with you on this one. The reality of how is it that UP TO THIS POINT IN TIME, Yushin Okami has not been given a shot at Anderson Silva's Title still escapes me. Clearly the guy has had a successful run in the UFC apart from that one close decision loss to Rich Franklin (which he nearly won in the last few seconds) and he has a victory over Anderson albeit the fact that it was via DQ it is still a victory over the Spider nonetheless.

well they should build up the Silva VS Okami fight as Okami having 1up on Anderson & i'd say that will sell tickets...

Yushin Okami is a match stylistically as he's a tall & large MW and unusual for a Jap fighter as he utilizes GnP a lot

Hehe, that's why he signed Brock Lesnar! LOL

Sure, the exciting fights with storylines that can rival WWE's scripts are great for everybody who's watching, but not everybody who's watching are there for the angles. I agree with what Royce Gracie said in the Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights that education is key for the sport to break from its stereotype, because if people don't know the ins and outs of MMA like most know the same when it comes to boxing, they'll just see it as what the stereotype has been for almost 20 years.

Yushin Okami is a credible contender for 185 because of his skill set, and for the casual fan who wants angles, he also holds a win (albeit a DQ win) over Anderson when they fought at Rumble On The Rock during their middleweight title tournament. Going the distance against Jake Shields, fighting for a ton of promotions and racking up wins (Pancrase, PRIDE, GCM, ROTR, HERO's, SuperBrawl, UFC), and going 7-1 in the UFC should put him right up the rankings. Despite all that, he's been inactive. His last fight was a decision win against Dean Lister in UFC 92. What is the UFC doing with this guy?! The dude is 23-4 overall, and they're skipping him for someone like Patrick Cote and Thales Leites? I call shennanigans on that one.

On a side note, I recommend reading Jordan Breen's article over at Sherdog about Anderson, Ideals, and Atychiphobia. Apparently, he was originally slated to face Carlos Newton for the UFC World Welterweight Title back in UFC 34, but his handlers at Chute Boxe rescinded the offer because of the exclusivity clause, which would've prevented him to fight in PRIDE and Meca Vale Tudo, among others. Imagine, what would happen if Anderson was the one who put Newton to sleep, not Matt Hughes (unconsciously, I might add)? Hmmm..... LOL

Hehe, that's why he signed Brock Lesnar! LOL

Sure, the exciting fights with storylines that can rival WWE's scripts are great for everybody who's watching, but not everybody who's watching are there for the angles. I agree with what Royce Gracie said in the Ultimate 100 Greatest Fights that education is key for the sport to break from its stereotype, because if people don't know the ins and outs of MMA like most know the same when it comes to boxing, they'll just see it as what the stereotype has been for almost 20 years.

Yushin Okami is a credible contender for 185 because of his skill set, and for the casual fan who wants angles, he also holds a win (albeit a DQ win) over Anderson when they fought at Rumble On The Rock during their middleweight title tournament. Going the distance against Jake Shields, fighting for a ton of promotions and racking up wins (Pancrase, PRIDE, GCM, ROTR, HERO's, SuperBrawl, UFC), and going 7-1 in the UFC should put him right up the rankings. Despite all that, he's been inactive. His last fight was a decision win against Dean Lister in UFC 92. What is the UFC doing with this guy?! The dude is 23-4 overall, and they're skipping him for someone like Patrick Cote and Thales Leites? I call shennanigans on that one.

On a side note, I recommend reading Jordan Breen's article over at Sherdog about Anderson, Ideals, and Atychiphobia. Apparently, he was originally slated to face Carlos Newton for the UFC World Welterweight Title back in UFC 34, but his handlers at Chute Boxe rescinded the offer because of the exclusivity clause, which would've prevented him to fight in PRIDE and Meca Vale Tudo, among others. Imagine, what would happen if Anderson was the one who put Newton to sleep, not Matt Hughes (unconsciously, I might add)? Hmmm..... LOL

yep shennanigans indead sir ^_^

if Silva VS Hughes happened on 11/2/2001 then we wouldn't have seen Anderson get beat by a flying scissor takedown to heel hook from Ryo Chonan, and GSP will just be like how John Fitch is to him, the best WW that is not named GSP ^_^

and yeah, i'd like to see Okami VS Silva before Silva VS Henderson happens

Guest megalodon
silva versus machida should really happen. its just a competition so to speak. same scenario with tito ortiz when he was light heavyweight champion. he kept on dodging chuck lidell insisting that they were friends. but then chuck really got hungry for the belt so friendship got out of the way and tito got knocked out not just once but twice.

Should this fight happen, I'm putting my money on Machida coz of his unorthodox style and stance which is based on Shotokan karate. Silva is the best striker just as Machida is the best counterstriker.

Jose Pele Landi-Jons KO'ed Matt Hughes in a non UFC event! And Matt contemplated of retiring after that fight!

Pele was the man before Wanderlei, Anderson, Rua brothers and etc... He had is own team within ChuteBoxe Team Pele!

But they had differences with ChuteBoxe Head Rudimar Fedrigo... Thats why Pele, Anderson and Aussuerio left and formed their own teams/gyms! Here's a link for those who dont know the Vale Tudo Legend that is "Pele" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkfDvjOZpDk Man I love that Macaco fight!!! Sprawled and dryhumped Macaco's head! Hahaha... :thumbsupsmiley:

Back in the day fighters would opt for Japan than going to the UFC! Cant blame Anderson or Chuteboxe for not signing Him to UFC back then... After the demise of Pride FC now power has shifted and fighters would like to fight in the US for bigger paychecks and mass media exposure!

Its not about who's the Best fighter in the world anymore but the "most marketable/bankable" na ngayon! As what Dana White says he' putting up the "biggest fights"! Big in Cash! Hehe... :hypocritesmiley:

Edited by maddromeo

Guys Female MMA muna tayo saglit.

I believe that women in combat sports have not been given the credit they deserve. But I believe this chick GINA CARANO is about to change all that. Man this babe is smoking hot she can ground and pound me anytime. And Man can she kick ass!

Check her out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXlyQyzGl3M

If female MMA fighters were this hot, Im sure we guys wont mind watching a lot of girl fights for saturday night bouts. Booooyaaaaa!