Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Randy in another movie. Hmmm.. Gee whiz. Well I still hope he considers getting back in the saddle and getting negotiations straight for his "Dream Fight" with Emerlianenko Fedor. He isn't getting any younger and no matter how great he is at staying in shape and keeping up his fighting skill time is still of the essence here. This fight has to happen and I pray that it happens sooner than later coz' it might just be too late for all of us to see the "Best" Randy Couture against the "Best" Fedor.

yep he's fighting Thiago Silva, but that dude ain't no pushover either. just to comment on what you said about Lyoto defeating defeating great names, hmmm i'd think twice about it he beat a Rich Franklin that wasn't that great yet, he beat a chubby BJ Penn who was way over his fight weight and Soku well Soku still has some octagon jitters i'd say, but if you saw how he schooled Nakamura on their fight in UFC 76 now that was exceptional. btw i'm a Lyoto fan as well chief. ^_^

Yup a natural 205 pounder against a natural 155-165 pounder (who just happened to be overweight) is really quite lopsided despite the level of skill in my opinion. And yes he did school Nakamura but he didn't KO him out.

Yup a natural 205 pounder against a natural 155-165 pounder (who just happened to be overweight) is really quite lopsided despite the level of skill in my opinion. And yes he did school Nakamura but he didn't KO him out.

yeah, but give props to him for schooling Nakamura, if i recall correctly Wand also had a hard time with Nakamura in Pride before right?

i like that guy Nakamura, all heart when fighting.

I finally got to watch the UFC Fight Night last night (had to settle for the re-aired show coz I was still neck deep in work till the weekend). My comments.

Kudos to Frankie Edgar for controlling Hermes Franca en route to a unanimous decision victory despite eating some solid shots right at the very end, Again utilizing his base and wrestling skill to neutralize Franca's guard attacks.

Brandon looked gassed in the second and third rounds agains Reese Andy. I thought he trying to go for the KO punch or kick early in the first round and that might have caused it, in addition he commented the cut down from 225 to 205 was a lot harder than he initially thought (the dehydration then re-hydration must have drained him)

That Rory Markham kick was the stuff of higlight reels. Imagine eating a couple of good shots and producing a head kick (that was right on the side of the head, the "magic button") while in retreat. Joe Rogan was right. Markham makes his UFC debut in spectacular fashion.

And last but not the least what else can we say about Anderson Silva that hasn't been said before. Perhaps the best well rounded and pound for pound fighter in the planet today. Though I still say based on the level of competition and longevity that Fedor is still the best pound for pound.

All in all quite a nice set of fights for a "FREE" Show from the UFC. We got a lot more to look forward to this Sunday. UFC 87: Seek and Destroy will be on air.

On another note. Kudos to Brandon Vera for his shoutout to Quinton Jackson. Nobody knows what state of mind "Rampage" is currently in at least he has a friend in the "Truth".

yep he's fighting Thiago Silva, but that dude ain't no pushover either. just to comment on what you said about Lyoto defeating defeating great names, hmmm i'd think twice about it he beat a Rich Franklin that wasn't that great yet, he beat a chubby BJ Penn who was way over his fight weight and Soku well Soku still has some octagon jitters i'd say, but if you saw how he schooled Nakamura on their fight in UFC 76 now that was exceptional. btw i'm a Lyoto fan as well chief. ^_^

That fight really showed why BJ Penn was called the Prodigy, but that was really a bad move on his part. Pagkakaalam ko sa kwento nyan kung bakit sya lumaban kay Lyoto, who was just making waves then in K1 where he defeated Michael McDonald (who f*cked the hell out of Cro cop) and Sam Greco, is because he was planning to challenge everyone who was making a name in MMA back then (sometime between 2004-2006 yun), medyo nagkaroon nga sya ng problema nun with the Fertittas...

As with Nakamura, no one gave Lyoto a chance against what they called "The Greatest Judo practitioner" daw (heheheh! those Pride/MMA "purists" thought that everyone that came from Pride are Gods). Ganun din yung scenario against Sokudjou, but Lyoto made the African Assassin look like an amateur.

T. Silva vs. L. Machida!? All I can say is that Lyoto fights to win, he doesnt look to finish the fight with a KO or sub! He just scores points! Thiago however in his last UFC fights finished everybody by TKO/GnP! War Thiago Silva!

Parang nakikinita-kinita ko na kalalabasan nito, Thiago will get schooled, sure yan... I will never doubt Machida, especially now that he is chasing the LHW belt with so much fervor...

I have said here before that betting against the Dragon is a bad move. But I do believe that Thiago is a great fighter, not just in the level of Machida, though...

guys pinapalabas ba ang Pride sa Cable? anyone knows where to buy Pride or other MMA shows except for UFC?

Sa Makati Cinema Square madaming pirated DVDs dun ng MMA. Name it and they probably have it (Mga training vids ni Bas Rutten, Pride, early days ng UFC, King of Cage, WEC and some alphabet soup of mixed martial arts), kaya lang nung huling punta ko dun para humanap ng mga self-defense equipment parang wala na masyadong stalls (huling bili ko ng mga MMA dvds dun was in 2004 pa yata). I still have some dvds, kung sino may gusto trade tayo nung mga dvds nyo na hindi ko pa napapanood, kaya lang hahanapin ko pa...

thanks bro, I'll try to drop by

hirap maghanap ng complete video, usually panay UFC nadodownload ko eh

bro, meron mga dvds sa quiapo, kakabili ko lng the other day ng affliction:banned at ufc fight night, meron din sila mga oldies ng ufc at pride, pati na rin yung ultimate fighter series...

I still want Herring to win. Been a Herring fan since the old PrideFC days. And the experience side of the equation is definitely in his favor.

I don't think Ken Flo has the tools to stop the Matador

and of course I pick GSP. But the again who knows anything can happen. It's MMA.

yep, i'd go for Roger Huerta, he just needs to make sure he keeps away from those sharp elbows that Kenflo throws. BTW Roger Huerta and Cung Le are in the Tekken movie ^_^

i'm rooting for the Texas Crazy Horse as well, that guy has it, just a mental lapse on his part on that last Nog fight, he had Nog all glass eyed he just didn't deliver but he more than made up for that loss in winning against a bigger Cheik Kongo, so i'd pick Heath over Brock in this fight.

yup GSP is definitely on a roll but Jon Fitch is not a pushover just look how he dominated Diego in their last fight. so i'd keep my pick to myself on this fight. ^_^