Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Yeah! Oleg did some character roles in Hollywood! He was the russian mafia guy that got chopped into pieces by the cubans in Bad Boys 2! Hehe... By the way in Yamma they used an egg shaped cage that has a 45 degree slope going to the fence to make takedowns harder when you push your opponents to the cage!? And they had a 8 man heavyweght tournament ala oldschool UFC!!! :sleepysmiley03:

yep Kerr was using that slope to his advantage in doing some GnP but they got into the middle then he poked his foot where it shouldn't be them whammo Zammo! kneebar by Oleg! ^_^

and if you see how hard Oleg pulled Kerr's leg, damn kung maliit katawan ni Kerr sigurado double jointed na yung tuhod nya ^_^

Edited by riceb0i
last time i heard Oleg was doing some movie bits, they say he is good at portraying the silent russian enforcer ahehehehe.

he was the russian accountant in Bad Boys II, the dude that got cut up and put in an oil barrel.

he was also in 15 minutes with Robert De Niro and Edward Burns

ufc 88's gonna be awesome! chuck liddel versus rashad evans!

I find this main event a lil "stacked" for Chuck. I mean you have a short, stocky LHW who's only chance of winning would be to take Chuck down and try to Pound or Grind out a Decision victory (easier said then done just ask Randy and Tito) and all Chuck has to do is defend against the takedown and pick his spots against Evans (which is basically what he is really good at).

This I think is just a vehicle to try and put the spotlight back on Chuck. I mean apart from his recent win against Wand (which was a classic by the way) he certainly lost some luster (and that aura of "invincibility") when he had back to back losses against Quinton Jackson and Keith Jardine.

I find this main event a lil "stacked" for Chuck. I mean you have a short, stocky LHW who's only chance of winning would be to take Chuck down and try to Pound or Grind out a Decision victory (easier said then done just ask Randy and Tito) and all Chuck has to do is defend against the takedown and pick his spots against Evans (which is basically what he is really good at).

This I think is just a vehicle to try and put the spotlight back on Chuck. I mean apart from his recent win against Wand (which was a classic by the way) he certainly lost some luster (and that aura of "invincibility") when he had back to back losses against Quinton Jackson and Keith Jardine.

yeah i saw that fight with wand and he got his assed kicked man! chuck's fists are nuclear warheads! hehe

yeah i saw that fight with wand and wand got his assed kicked man! chuck's fists are nuclear warheads! hehe but you have to give credit for rashad evans cause he's a contender if youve seen his fight with sean salmon. for me i think that was one the best knockouts in the ufc..
nice rich is back in 205? anderson silva's on 205..

Anderson is "not really" at the 205 weight class. I mean he did fight at 205 at the last UFC Fight Night but as he stated right after his 90 second demolition of James "the Sandman" Irvin "His duty is to defend the belt at 185". So I guess he is staying at Middleweight.

As for Ace going up in weight I guess he's just accepted the fact that right now nobody at 185 has a chance at the Spider. He's decided to get back to LHW to sample out the competition first and see if he's gonna stay there. Maybe he just wants a lil momentum back before trying to take on Silva again.

UFC 91: Randy Couture vs Brock Lesnar?

Hell hasn’t frozen over just yet, but the temperature is definitely dropping.

What started as an ugly rumor is now snowballing into the biggest news story of 2008: Randy Couture’s return to the UFC.

Say what?

Dave Meltzer is reporting that exiled UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture is not only negotiating a new contract, but that his return could come as early as November at UFC 91 against the albino gorilla known as Brock Lesnar.

That means an end to his nine-month legal battle with Zuffa, but does it mean an end to his desired dream match against Fedor Emelianenko?

Not so, according to Ariel Helwani. MMA Rated says the UFC is also considering a proposal from M-1 Global to co-promote a Randy Couture vs. Fedor Emelianenko bout following the Lesnar fight in November and a possible third fight against current interim champion Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira sometime after that.

That of course begs the question: What happens to Minotauro’s belt if Couture returns? And what happens to Couture’s?

Since Randy is reportedly negotiating a new three-fight contract and not a repair of his old one, the landscape of the UFC heavyweight division could change significantly upon his return.

In fact, an announcement could come as early as next week.

But let us proceed with caution, because contracts are an ugly business. A verbal offer is worth as much as the paper it’s printed on. And “negotiations” are worth even less.

Am I to believe that Randy Couture would stand on ceremony for the past year, hemming and hawing about fighter poverty and a dream match with Emelianenko, only to be reinstated with the promise of a fat paycheck and a pasty ex-wrestler?

That means Randy is like a junk bond, easily bought and sold at the mercy of the market. I’m not ready to go from “Captain America” to “Corporate America” just yet.

And how could the UFC bag the Russian Regulator from M-1 for just one fight? Why would UFC President Dana White grant Fedor a one-shot deal to face “The Natural”? It doesn’t make sense, unless Randy relinquishes his title.

Forget about the 6-10 million Couture wants to fight “The Cyborg”. Dana isn’t going to forfeit the credibility of his heavyweight division by letting Fedor come in for one fight, because if he wins it’s not just egg on the face of the UFC, it’s the whole chicken.

Not to mention the UFC heavyweight division is a much different place than it was when Randy went AWOL. The UFC has a very worthy champion in Nogueira and fans who haven’t warmed up to Nog yet will certainly get their chance when he appears on The Ultimate Fighter 8 opposite Frank Mir later this year.

And is anyone not excited to see more of up-and-coming superstars like Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez and Shane Carwin?

What prompted all of this? Who really needs who? Does Randy need the UFC or vice-versa?

I guess the answers to these questions will be very telling as they’re revealed over the next few days.

Of course none of us our privy to the negotiations that are rumored to be taking place, and I’m not looking to make anyone the villain.

But after a year of mud-slinging it just seems unlikely that Couture’s return can happen without someone looking like a money-grubbing liar.

I hope for legacy’s sake it isn’t Randy.

i'm a great Fan of Chuck.. as you can see,, un ang name ko d2.. hehe.. mukang malakas ang opponent nya ngaun.. hmm.. lets just see if Chuck "iceman" Liddell can continue his crusade to gain the LHW title..

Well yah, malakas. But for me apart from that draw with Tito (an injury ridden, "older" Tito) he really hasn't proven anything yet. This fight with Chuck is his chance.

that's good news..especially when it is rumored to have randy couture go against brock lesnar...would love to see randy teach brock a lesson in MMA...but of course brock is really powerful..hopefully randy couture can turn to his experience and skill to overcome a big brock lesnar...as for the couture vs. emilianenko match!..a clash between 2 of the best heavyweights presently..i'm excited already!! :headsetsmiley:

I guess after Affliction Banned!? Dana realized that the fight should happen in the UFC and not in other promotions. This would spare Randy and Zuffa(UFC) all the legal troubles. As copromoting with M-1 for the Fedor fight?! Hmm... Anything is possible as long everybody gets their fair share! Randy vs. Fedor make it happen!!! :thumbsupsmiley: