Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

I beg to differ sir. Kongo may have an advantage in the standup department against Brock but after what we saw in the Herring fight I think lesnar can actually hold his own against him even standing up. But of course that's not what's probabbly gonna happen. Lesnar has uncanny speed for a big man and this is a big plus for Brock especially if he decides to shoot for a double or a single on Kongo immediately (as what happened with Frank Mir who immediately got taken down seconds into the fight).

Bottomline is. If Brock takes Kongo down I think he'll stay down. Herring a much smaller man was able to take him down and control him so I don't see Brock having any problem whatsoever having his way with Kongo once it hits the mat and with Lesnar's speed,strength and wrestling pedigree I think it'll only be a matter of seconds before that happens.

I do agree that brock can take kongo down at will,,Kongo is not really good when the fight goes down to the mat,,brock needs to improve on finishing matches,,don't like to see what he did to Herring again,,he was dominant against Herring because brock can control his opponent on the ground but he couldn't finish the match when he had the dominant position,,,brock needs to be careful with kongo's punch though,,one punch can drop his opponents down...should be an interesting match! :headsetsmiley:

Ah sa Las Pinas pala yung Fabricio Alabang/Las Pinas! Check out ko nalang sa Dec. paguwi ko! Anyways I heard si Kongo nga daw next opponent ni Brock!? He can definitely take Kongo down but in the standup advantage si Kongo!? Lyoto vs, T. Silva is a fight I'm looking forward to, both undefeated! For sure isa sa kanila magkakatalo na coz I doubt mag draw sila!? hehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

I do agree that brock can take kongo down at will,,Kongo is not really good when the fight goes down to the mat,,brock needs to improve on finishing matches,,don't like to see what he did to Herring again,,he was dominant against Herring because brock can control his opponent on the ground but he couldn't finish the match when he had the dominant position,,,brock needs to be careful with kongo's punch though,,one punch can drop his opponents down...should be an interesting match! :headsetsmiley:

As much as we all know Brock has learned from all his MMA training and all,for all intensive purposes he is still a wrestler and we expect him to be that way at least for his next few fights. Evolving in this game generally does take time (most especially if you've been accustomed to doing just one thing for a long time). Give him time, I'm sure he'll fill all the in the holes in his game in due time.

As for Kongo dropping Lesnar with one punch. Well it can happen. Kongo is certainly a capable striker and on the human anatomy (on the head especially) there is more than one "magic button" you can hit to cause someone to have a severe concussion (aka KO). But let's go back to something Joe Rogan said about the size of someone's head and his possibility of getting KO'd. He remarked (it was during the Cropcop/Napao fight) that someone who was a small head (and a small chin) would be more susceptible to a "one punch" KO than someone with a big head (and subsequently with a big chin). Just look at how big Brock's head is and we see that it's highly unlikely he'd fall victim to a one punch KO (perhaps a combination of punches and or punches with knees would do the trick though).

What amuses me is that many forums have heated discussions about a Brock - Kimbo fight. Yes, both are big, dominant guys who get tons of fanfare but the similarities end there. All Brock needs to do is to close the gap and get his hands on Kimbo, take him down, and that's it. It'll be entertaining, no doubt, but I don't really see it happening too since Elite XC is babying Kimbo too much...

On the Brock - Kongo fight, if Brock can follow what Herring did to Cheick, he'll win. And he is very much capable of doing so. Kongo will have to work hard for a win because aside from the big head, Brock also has one of the thickest, most muscular necks I've ever seen. This lessens the chance of his brain being rattled when he gets hit. The guy planted himself on his head while flying through the air once and managed to walk away for crying out loud...

What amuses me is that many forums have heated discussions about a Brock - Kimbo fight. Yes, both are big, dominant guys who get tons of fanfare but the similarities end there. All Brock needs to do is to close the gap and get his hands on Kimbo, take him down, and that's it. It'll be entertaining, no doubt, but I don't really see it happening too since Elite XC is babying Kimbo too much...

On the Brock - Kongo fight, if Brock can follow what Herring did to Cheick, he'll win. And he is very much capable of doing so. Kongo will have to work hard for a win because aside from the big head, Brock also has one of the thickest, most muscular necks I've ever seen. This lessens the chance of his brain being rattled when he gets hit. The guy planted himself on his head while flying through the air once and managed to walk away for crying out loud...

^ you know how Elite's babying Kimbo? Here's their short list for his next fight:

1. Brett Rogers (logical choice)

2. Ken Shamrock (he could pull off a win)

3. Sean Gannon (yes, the Miami cop who introduced Kimbo to the muay plum when they fought lol)

all the talk of a Brock-Kimbo fight is really starting to become irritating, like the heated discussions about a Fedor-Brock fight.

i'm not doing MMAth, but if Kongo had a tough time with Herring when they fought imagine what's gonna happen when Brock fights him. Herring is a decent wrestler and he was able to take Kongo down (albeit a bit sloppy), Assuerio Silva was able to take Kongo down at will as well. Imagine what happens when Kongo gets a shot from a top of the food chain, NCAA D-1 wrestler.

who has vids of UFC 87: Seek and Destroy? can i watch it please; wasn't able to watch the fights; favorite ko pa nman si GSP :)

let me borrow a line from Larry "dailymotion.com is your friend" ^_^

i guess the reason Brock's just riding his opponents instead of finishing them off with a sub, probably he still has the Mir fight in the back of his head, he might be thinking that if he moves a bit more he'd get caught in a sub & that'll end the fight. can't blame him for that, probably he should get in more Ws using his lay and pray style (i say lay and pray coz that's what he does, he rides/sits on his opponents giving a shot or two and then change sides then do it again) then when he's built up his confidence then probably he can do subs like a key-lock or americana, heck he could kimura a guy & just using his raw power he'd break a guy's arm off. ^_^

about that Kimbo hype, hey we can't blame a guy who got offered that much, i mean who are we to say that he shouldn't have taken that fat contract and yeah be fed with cans. can't blame Mr Ferguson, but he won't get respect until he fights a gatekeeper type of fighter.

i'd like to see Brock destroy that dude Kimbo fought just to show those Kimbo Bandwagoners that Kimbo got dominated by a crap fighter in that division. ^_^

Affliction video for ‘Day of Reckoning’ MMA on October 11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pcUx6mBwj4

Ozzfest: Metal legend to perform at Affliction ‘Day of Reckoning’

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio has announced that Heavy Metal legend Ozzy “When Doves Cry” Osbourne will perform live at Affliction “Day of Reckoning” on Saturday, October 11 at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Much like fellow Affliction endorser Megadeth did at the promotions July 19 ‘Banned’ event, the Ozzman will look to rock the Vegas audience and viewers at home at varying intervals throughout the night.

Also like Megadeth, much of today’s generation may be scratching their heads over Affliction’s choice of talent.

That’s to take nothing away from the Grammy Award-winning Osbourne, who re-wrote the book on Metal with the landmark albums ‘Blizzard’ of Ozz’ and ‘Diary of a Madman’. I guess you can also count his stint with some little-known group named Black Sabbath.

But Ozzy, who’s starting to look like a cross between The Undertaker and Yoko Ono, will turn 60 in December. While you can make some concessions in the studio like he did on 2007’s excellent but toned-down ‘Black Rain’, a live performance is a whole different story.

And MMA fans are not a patient bunch. Some will boo any fight that doesn’t have action in the first 30 seconds and Ozzy does have a tough act to follow after Megadeth’s mediocre reception at Affliction ‘Banned’.

Overall I’m not opposed to Ozzy’s appearance, maybe just a little surprised that someone in the target demographic isn’t carrying the torch.

right now brock reminds me of an overgrown sean sherk but

brock needs to learn how to finish fights

he's looking like the L&P prince out there, he's talented for sure, but he has to learn how to finish

brock vs. werdum will be a bad day for brock

brock vs. kongo will be fun

I'd love to see brock vs. sylvia if they can somehow find a way to make that happen

right now brock reminds me of an overgrown sean sherk but

thats because brock trains with sean sherk @ minesota martial arts academy.. actually the game plan there is make brock look like an overgrown sean sherk. i remember during the post fight promotions for the frank mir fight people around brock are saying that brock moves like sean sherk already..

sean sherk's base is wrestling also but he is much well rounded and well versed.. syempre mas matagal na sya sa mma.. mas malaki lang talaga si bj penn sakanya kaya d umaabot suntok nya kaya ayun gulpi sya pa job job lang si penn.. by the way, i am one of those who doesn't think sean sherk took performance enhancing drugs (intentionally) the man is an animal in the gym...

by the way, i am one of those who doesn't think sean sherk took performance enhancing drugs (intentionally) the man is an animal in the gym...

Yup Yup I did not think he took any steroids intentionally too. And I agree the Muscle Shark's Training Methods are second to none in MMA. Jungle Training right? or was it 'Caveman' Training I think he called it.

They call it the Caveman workout! Both Brock and Sean Sherk does it. And I also agree that Muscle Shark may not intentionally took steroids, he was using a supplement of Xyience back then that eventually got pulled out from stores coz of athletes testing positives. Now Xyience or "Bavaria Magica" is bankrupt thats why you dont see it on the Octagon or sponsoring fighters anymore... :thumbsdownsmiley:

Yup Yup I did not think he took any steroids intentionally too. And I agree the Muscle Shark's Training Methods are second to none in MMA. Jungle Training right? or was it 'Caveman' Training I think he called it.

caveman training is just part of what these fighters do. They won't openly show what they really do in front of the camera

So Mark "the Machine" Kerr looks like a "fattie" now? :upside:

yeah, check out his last fight with Oleg in Yamma Pit Fighting, weird octagon and old dudes from the UFC ^_^

he got caught in a beautiful kneebared by Oleg, and to think he was dominating Oleg with his takedowns and trying to land some GnP ^_^

same mistake i saw Brock do in that Mir fight, but Oleg's kneebar was f#&king fantastic ^_^

yeah, check out his last fight with Oleg in Yamma Pit Fighting, weird octagon and old dudes from the UFC ^_^

he got caught in a beautiful kneebared by Oleg, and to think he was dominating Oleg with his takedowns and trying to land some GnP ^_^

same mistake i saw Brock do in that Mir fight, but Oleg's kneebar was f#&king fantastic ^_^

i just saw this fight on youtube..its the fat guys! haha

but man! oleg still has it..

Edited by ray004

Yeah! Oleg did some character roles in Hollywood! He was the russian mafia guy that got chopped into pieces by the cubans in Bad Boys 2! Hehe... By the way in Yamma they used an egg shaped cage that has a 45 degree slope going to the fence to make takedowns harder when you push your opponents to the cage!? And they had a 8 man heavyweght tournament ala oldschool UFC!!! :sleepysmiley03: