Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

This makes me sad. Fedor is my favorite fighter, but even I'm fed up. He can cement his legacy by decimating the HW division in the UFC. The whole thing with Fedor is bullshit. I really thought the deal would go down this time. I was so excited at the beginning of this week when the first rumors came out about him signing with the UFC.

UFC 101 na!!!..Future matches that are highly unlikely to happen: Fedor vs Brock & GSP vs Spider..pag nagawa ng UFC na mangyari tong mga laban na to, astig!hehehehe

I too was excited to see Fedor in the octagon. Oh dont get me wrong I really think Fedor is a bad ass. He will ass rape brock lesnar like a bitch if the two of them ever meet in the octagon.

But the russians were really a way in over their heads, with what they were demanding. And I really feel sorry that this deal did not get done. the roster of HW fighters in strike force are weak. Fedor is really not going to get the competition he needs there.

Man! Does anybody understand what co promotion means!? they dont just split the revenue but they split the expenses as well! I dont think Strikeforce will make the same mistake the IFL, EliteXC & Affliction did. As we all know Strikeforce is the only North American MMA Org. that makes profit besides the UFC. And M-1 is developing European, Russian and Asian fighters in their part. They entered a co-promotion 3 fight deal with M-1 when Fedor fights in the Strikeforce Cage! Man I'm excited to see Fedor in the Cage! And Gegard Mousasi as well! Why not the UFC sign Aleksander Emelianenko first! He left Red Devil and M-1! Let Brock fight Aleks! And if Brock pummels the younger Emelianenko, Big Brother comes in for revenge! Hehehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

I say let Fedor beat all the HW in Strikeforce and Brock Lesnar clear out the UFC HW division! Then when Fedors 3 fight deal is up with M1/Strikeforce! He will be in the UFC fighting Brock! when both cemented their statuses in a years time! Di ba mas ok? The US/casual fans will have more time to get to know who Fedor is with the CBS/Showtime exposure and Brock can gain more experience in the UFC! So when these two fight! It will be a Mega-Fight! Not just a Mega "Bucks" fight! And when they meet in the Cage We can really say that the 2 best HW's in the world will fight! :hypocritesmiley:

no can do boss, Aleks has Hepa C, it's bloodborne so he cannot get licensed to fight in the US

Just watched Countdown to UFC 101.. I now have a new found respect for BJ Penn coz he admitted that he got his ass beat during the GSP fight. None of the greasegate s@%t.. and he finally realized that his strength and conditioning is bad and changed coach.. Let's see if the BJ that's one of the best (yep not the best - IMO the best LW is outside UFC), will be back..

BTW, Kenny Florian is such a geek with master and killing the master drama.. hehe.. but a kick-ass geek.

^^^

Penn really has skills, and good dexterity with both of his legs in his ground game. I believe that it was exhaustion indeed that made him lose that fight with GSP. He had enough skills to match GSPs own, but his conditioning and the weight limit really took its toll on his body. This is why I really think he should just stay in the lightweight limit.

And I would love to see him fight pretty boy floyd mayweather. Recently, Pussy Boy Floyd has been talking s@%t again about MMA. Even making racist remarks that MMA was invented because white people cant dominate boxing anymore. That boxing is an art, and MMA is for beer drinkers.

I remember during the De la Hoya Mayweather prefight, Mayweather said that if boxers would have fought in the octagon, theyd be the champion hands down. They (MMA fighters) would not be able to them (boxers) because theyd get knocked out. Then Dana white offered in person to arrange a fight between him and sean sherk, and immidiately this guy pussied out and issued a public appology.

If PBF fought BJ Penn, Pretty Boy would have his head ripped off by the prodigy

^^ BJ Penn will dismantle Floyd..

when that news came out, Miguel Torres was the first to respond even giving him a chance by saying they fight 3 rounds boxing and 3 rounds MMA

boxers have no business talking smack about MMA, i remember the first UFC when a boxer fought Royce Gracie with one gloves off and one gloves on.. WTF was he thinking!! hehe.. That dude tapped out with Royce just mounting him

I just hope Anderson Silva does not get bored with MMA and give in to Roy Jones Jr challenge..

Edited by G_sKiLLz
^^ BJ Penn will dismantle Floyd..

when that news came out, Miguel Torres was the first to respond even giving him a chance by saying they fight 3 rounds boxing and 3 rounds MMA

boxers have no business talking smack about MMA, i remember the first UFC when a boxer fought Royce Gracie with one gloves off and one gloves on.. WTF was he thinking!! hehe.. That dude tapped out with Royce just mounting him

Hahaha. I watched this fight. If I am not mistaken, this guy was a WBO ranked fighter. He had maybe 20 or 30 pounds on gracie (as the first UFC tournaments did not have weight limits), the guy could not even manuver gracie because of that glove. Really really stupid.

Pretty Boy is a ducker in a boxing match. His style relies on avoiding getting himself into a fist exchange. Hed punch and clinch, if he did something like that in MMA, he would get pinned down. Besides in boxing you only worry about hands coming at you. You only need to protect your head and upper body. In MMA a hard kick to the thigh can jack up your legs, making it difficult to move your feet. Not to mention boxers are used to doing footwork with proper shoes on. Now try doing that bare footed.

I just hope Anderson Silva does not get bored with MMA and give in to Roy Jones Jr challenge..

Oh but I think this is already a done deal, hell fight jones jr after his contract expires

Mga Sirs,

Not sure if this was already posted but what are your thoughts about the youtube sensation brawler, one-hit wonder heavy weight Kimbo Slice trying out for the UFC in the upcoming TUF Heavyweights in preparation of the Rampage vs Evans fight in UFC 107? If I'm not mistaken the 2 light heavies would be coaching the next season of TUF prior to their match up on Dec 19, 2009.

http://www.cbssports.com/mma/story/11812838

Edited by riotulis
Too bad, Fedor is not going to UFC. F#%k M-1 for asking too much. :angry: Wasted opportunity.

Fedor has been offered a 30 million dollar contract for 6 fights. Thats 5 mil a fight. He wont earn this much with M-1.

Lets wait for about a year and lets see how will fedor react to his current decisions. He's F*cking arrogant. Thats how russionas are very mafia even in bussiness. Down with the russian boys!!!!! go for the russian p*ssy instead hahahahaha I wonder how it smell before their period hahahaha

^^^

Penn really has skills, and good dexterity with both of his legs in his ground game. I believe that it was exhaustion indeed that made him lose that fight with GSP. He had enough skills to match GSPs own, but his conditioning and the weight limit really took its toll on his body. This is why I really think he should just stay in the lightweight limit.

And I would love to see him fight pretty boy floyd mayweather. Recently, Pussy Boy Floyd has been talking s@%t again about MMA. Even making racist remarks that MMA was invented because white people cant dominate boxing anymore. That boxing is an art, and MMA is for beer drinkers.

I remember during the De la Hoya Mayweather prefight, Mayweather said that if boxers would have fought in the octagon, theyd be the champion hands down. They (MMA fighters) would not be able to them (boxers) because theyd get knocked out. Then Dana white offered in person to arrange a fight between him and sean sherk, and immidiately this guy pussied out and issued a public appology.

If PBF fought BJ Penn, Pretty Boy would have his head ripped off by the prodigy

Maybe he wants to join the MMA bandwagon, thats why he goes nutty talkative sh*ty again!

BJ Penn will dismantle Floyd..

My thought on Penn VS Floyd... penn via rear naked choky F*ck complete with screaming orgasm of " s@%t I cant lose my money"!!!!! but in fairness I do admire Floyd on the square ring of red and blue!!!!!

If boxing is the talk then Silva VS Jones jr would be very exciting, just don't let it be MMA or else junior will get served!

Lets wait for about a year and lets see how will fedor react to his current decisions. He's F*cking arrogant. Thats how russionas are very mafia even in bussiness. Down with the russian boys!!!!! go for the russian p*ssy instead hahahahaha I wonder how it smell before their period hahahaha

The only way UFC is going to give in to the demands of the russians is to guarantee that Fedor fights would make as much manny as the Oscar de la Hoya or mike tyson fights. Yes no doubt that fedor is the king of mma. But singing him in, under those ridiculous conditions will make UFC go bankrupt and might as well k*ll MMA in the mainstream.

Maybe he wants to join the MMA bandwagon, thats why he goes nutty talkative sh*ty again!

My thought on Penn VS Floyd... penn via rear naked choky F*ck complete with screaming orgasm of " s@%t I cant lose my money"!!!!! but in fairness I do admire Floyd on the square ring of red and blue!!!!!

Once again Floyd has to sell himself by being in the shoes of a villain. He has to make controversy so he can sell more tickets. And he wants to legitimately claim that he is the best fighter in this era. But now a days when people talk about fighters, its not just boxing that comes into mind. The thing about floyd is that he is bitter that MMA is having the mainstream success it has today. Sure its not making as much money as boxing does, but hey boxing started as an underground human cockfighting spectacle too.

Floyds game is dependent on his ability to avoid punches, not so much into throwing punches on his own. He wont be able to block punches coming at him with those 6 ounce MMA gloves. He cant shoulder roll and tuck his chin on his shoulders when its a knee that hitting his face, or a shin bone. Heck boxing does not teach you to protect your legs, from stinging thigh kicks. Floyd Loves to punch, then clinch. If he did that in MMA, hed get taken down to the ground. A guilotine will definitely rip his head off his spine. And he knows it.

If boxing is the talk then Silva VS Jones jr would be very exciting, just don't let it be MMA or else junior will get served!

I dont know about it. Boxers dont belong to the octagon, but I dont think MMA fighters would be as effective under boxing rules. This is why it would be an interesting match up.

^^^

UFC 101 Predictions (on the fighters that i know, at least):

Penn vs. Florian: as gutsy as BJ is, i'm picking KenFlo. BJ is still more concerned with GSP than with KenFlo (click link to find out why), so i'm picking KenFlo because he has his eye on the prize.

Anderson vs. Forrest: too close to call. as he's shown in his fights (ever since the legend of the TUF1 Finale) Forrest won't back down, so Anderson might be pushed to fight really hard unlike against Cote & Leites. I'm picking Anderson still (just because he called Robert Drysdale an idiot on the Countdown show), and that sets up a Chute Boxe reunion/run-in. The bad blood between Anderson and former teammates WAND and Shogun has been brewing, so it's logical that this would happen.

Sadollah vs. Hendricks: finally, Amir is gonna fight in the UFC. good fight, i'll predict that. i'm picking Amir despite the fact that Hendricks is more experienced, just because i feel that Amir is more hungry than Hendricks in the sense that he wants to prove that winning TUF7 isn't a fluke.

Grove vs. Almeida: if i'm gonna base my pick based on MMAth, I'd pick Almeida. Wins over Misaki, Nate Marquardt, & Chonan has Almeida over Grove in terms of competition. either way, i'm still picking Almeida because of his grappling. there's this bad blood between Grove's camp and Almeida's. Grove trains under BJ, and based on the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm BJ betrayed Almeida's hero Renzo by accepting a fight between the two, so there's a bit of a side story there. i'm still picking Almeida, & next thing you know Grove will be the 1st TUF winner to be released from his UFC contract.

Neer vs. Pellegrino: i didn't even know Kurt Pellegrino was still in the UFC. Still, i'm picking Neer because he goes balls to the wall.

Leites vs. Sakara (prelim): wow, how the mighty have fallen. from title contender to prelim fighter, Leites has fallen off the ladder considerably. still, he has a chance against Sakara, provided he actually uses his ground game against the Italian striker.

Floyds game is dependent on his ability to avoid punches, not so much into throwing punches on his own. He wont be able to block punches coming at him with those 6 ounce MMA gloves. He cant shoulder roll and tuck his chin on his shoulders when its a knee that hitting his face, or a shin bone. Heck boxing does not teach you to protect your legs, from stinging thigh kicks. Floyd Loves to punch, then clinch. If he did that in MMA, hed get taken down to the ground. A guilotine will definitely rip his head off his spine. And he knows it.

I dont know about it. Boxers dont belong to the octagon, but I dont think MMA fighters would be as effective under boxing rules. This is why it would be an interesting match up.

i'm actually not worried about his upper body, as i believe he'd be able to slip those strikes. it's his legs i'm worried about. notice that when slipping punches, the legs remain planted. and i'd love to see what a mediocre MMA practitioner with the slightest knowledge of leg kicks would do to those wide-open chicken legs. if i had a nickel for every time i went limping down that ring... i'm also looking forward to the confused look on his face as he waits for the referee to break the clinch.

i've seen a few MMA fighters compete in boxing matches, mostly for a "tune-up" on their striking abilities. they performed well enough, but they fought more on aggression than skill in my opinion. think Valero or Arce as compared to JMM. i think Jens Pulver did some professional boxing.

BJ Penn VS Kenny Florian this weekend, along with Anderson Silva VS Forrest Griffin.

I got my bag of weed ready for this one.

I hope Kenflo puts up a good fight against penn, Im expecting an incredible mat war against the two bjj wizards.

Although on paper silva has the advantage, forrest is a big dude for a light heavy. He would definitely use his kicks and sharp foot work to keep it standing up.

My bet:

Kenny Florian and Anderson Silva

I hope Anderson Silva will give a better and more dominating performance this time. Although I dont entirely blame him for his mediocre performance in his last two fights, he really was not given a competition that will force him to break a sweat, just like Wladimir Klitschko of boxing. Hopefully with griffin he will get his hands full

^^^

UFC 101 Predictions (on the fighters that i know, at least):

Penn vs. Florian: as gutsy as BJ is, i'm picking KenFlo. BJ is still more concerned with GSP than with KenFlo (click link to find out why), so i'm picking KenFlo because he has his eye on the prize.

Anderson vs. Forrest: too close to call. as he's shown in his fights (ever since the legend of the TUF1 Finale) Forrest won't back down, so Anderson might be pushed to fight really hard unlike against Cote & Leites. I'm picking Anderson still (just because he called Robert Drysdale an idiot on the Countdown show), and that sets up a Chute Boxe reunion/run-in. The bad blood between Anderson and former teammates WAND and Shogun has been brewing, so it's logical that this would happen.

Sadollah vs. Hendricks: finally, Amir is gonna fight in the UFC. good fight, i'll predict that. i'm picking Amir despite the fact that Hendricks is more experienced, just because i feel that Amir is more hungry than Hendricks in the sense that he wants to prove that winning TUF7 isn't a fluke.

Grove vs. Almeida: if i'm gonna base my pick based on MMAth, I'd pick Almeida. Wins over Misaki, Nate Marquardt, & Chonan has Almeida over Grove in terms of competition. either way, i'm still picking Almeida because of his grappling. there's this bad blood between Grove's camp and Almeida's. Grove trains under BJ, and based on the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm BJ betrayed Almeida's hero Renzo by accepting a fight between the two, so there's a bit of a side story there. i'm still picking Almeida, & next thing you know Grove will be the 1st TUF winner to be released from his UFC contract.

Neer vs. Pellegrino: i didn't even know Kurt Pellegrino was still in the UFC. Still, i'm picking Neer because he goes balls to the wall.

Leites vs. Sakara (prelim): wow, how the mighty have fallen. from title contender to prelim fighter, Leites has fallen off the ladder considerably. still, he has a chance against Sakara, provided he actually uses his ground game against the Italian striker.

as much as i like Kenflo, i'd still go for BJ in this fight, he got humiliated the last time around and he's looking to bounce back from that loss

on the Anderson VS Forrest fight, i'd go for Forrest as he fights best when he's the underdog, hehehehe yeah i also saw that UFC101 countdown show, Anderson Silva called Robert Drysdale an idiot for saying he's gonna submit Anderson hehehe funny stuff ^_^ i just don't get it why is Forrest a 3-1 underdog against Anderson, i mean come on he beat Shogun and Rampage for crying out loud...

i'd go for Hendricks on this fight because he's more experienced than Sadollah, although Amir is a game fighter, but a year off fighting with just 2 MMA fights under his blet will really take its toll

Josh Neer no doubt ^_^

i wish Allesio Sakara KOs Leites as well hehehe ^_^