Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

it was indeed a great card!..

Napao getting KTFO by carwin.

Brandon vera getting baCk into the groove again. Great to see him dancing again.

Rampage will be pushed to his limits when he faces sugar rashad on May.

next ufc event will be featuring D iceman vs Shogun!.. cant wait to see these guys tear each other apart.

CAAAAARRRRRWWIIIIINNNNNN ARRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----

the only reason why Munoz lost to Hammill, is that Matt hits like a robot.

Vera X Hammill should be good. after seeing the seemingly reborn Vera tonight, I have higher hopes that one day he will live up to his potential.

But I'm not too excited yet, I mean come on, Mike Patt!? Beating Hammill would make him jump up the rankings and back into the limelight again.

haaha Carwin is one huge mofo talaga ^_^

fuken granite chin as well, before he was able to deliver than all-arm punch he was getting hit in the face a lot. although i can't really say that Napao was getting the upperhand of the fight... Carwin was able to stand back up after spending time playing guard to Napao...

i also am with you about Brandon though, i actually expected a KO from him against Patt but a TKO via leg kicks is also a win ^_^

Vera should fight a top 15 fighter to put his name back up there with the big boys, Hamill is sure one of them fighters who, if Brandon beats will boost his rating up again...

Hamill is on a win streak right now, and he was really good during the fight, he was able to time that kick very well... he was doing a jab, jab, straight almost the entire time that Munoz was in the octagon with him, Munoz's hands went down and Hamill went for the k*ll... grabe parang bakal yung paa ni Hamill...

Mark Munoz should've been in the undercard fights muna, he's still green and let's say untested in the talent rich LHW division of the UFC, let him gain confidence duking it out with new fighters first then if he wins a couple of fights or prolly three then i guess he'd be ready for the big boys...

Actually Mark Munoz's KO was a double KO! First was the kick from Hamill, the second was when he fell down he hit his own chin with his knee which really put him to sleep! Watch the Slow Mo guys! Anyways... hope he learns from this mistake and bounces back! :hypocritesmiley:

he needs to learn the striking game first, before he even thinks about cutting weight

he seemed lost in there, i don't know if it's jitters or if hammill is that good, but it didn't seem that mark trained MT. hands always down, sluggish, etc.

I could be wrong though, as this was the first time I saw him fight.

Sir He has good MT! Fairtex Fighter ata yan si Munoz! Kahit ako cant believe how he put his hands down! Man he asked for that KO?! Guess he was too eager to put the fight to the ground because he has vicious GnP! Props to Hamill for defending the takedown attempts! Definitely he had those Octagon UFC Jitters! Hope he comesback strong! :thumbsupsmiley:

i just hope nover will have a better showing for he will be next to showcase (2nd time, not counting the tuf) his skills against tough ufc guys. good luck nover and please dont faint.

well Phillipe needs to learn how to defend from a takedown and to fight in the clinch, that where he lost the UD in the TUF finale...

honestly i just think that they should've let Munoz fight a couple of undercarders in undercad bouts before they (Joe Silva, Dana White & Co) thrusted him into main card bouts & fighters

i honestly believe that Munoz could have done better, but he wasn't himself in that fight, yes he's slow even in WEC, but he never did look that defenseless before...

i wish Brandon was that agressive in his Jardine fight before, if he was that agressive then we'd see Jardine limping out & Brandon would've fought Rampage in the last UFC ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

Lyoto Machida to replace Quinton Jackson against Rashad Evans at UFC 98 on May 23

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/evans-machida.jpg

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans (13-0-1) will defend his crown against undefeated 205-pound division contender Lyoto Machida (14-0) in the main event of UFC 98 from The MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 23, 2009 according to SI.com.

UFC 98: “Identity Crisis,” was originally headlined by Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, who were set to collide in a heavyweight title unification bout until Mir was forced to bow out with a knee injury that required minor surgery.

Mir and Lesnar are now scheduled for fisticuffs at UFC 100 on July 11.

The main event was quickly (and awkwardly) changed to Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans during the UFC 96 broadcast on March 8. “Rampage” defeated Evans’ teammate Keith Jardine via unanimous decision and had a nice war of words with “Sugar” following the bout, but appeared lukewarm to the idea of competing just over two months after his scrap with “The Dean of Mean.”

Now it appears nagging injuries and a brutal training camp have left Jackson — who would have competed three times in the span of five months — a little worse for the wear, and he’s now opted to settle for the title of number one contender with a guaranteed shot at the winner of Evans vs. Machida at some point in late 2009.

“The Dragon” has been patiently waiting for a crack at the title, all the while stringing together six straight victories inside the Octagon, including his coming out party at UFC 94 where he floored Thiago Silva in the first round for his first(T)KO finish under the UFC banner.

Like Machida, Evans has taken some heat in the past for his cautious approach. That all but went out the window after a devastating KO over former light heavyweight deity Chuck Liddell and a decisive TKO finish against ex-205 champ Forrest Griffin.

Now pitted against one another, it will be interesting to see if they revert back to the run-and-gun approach or if someone gets the lights shut off in the first round.

Also on the May 23 card, former UFC welterweight champions Matt Hughes and Matt Serra will settle their eternal grudge match and former number one middleweight contender Yushin Okami will return to the Octagon to challenge the surging 185-pound standout Dan Miller.

Main event:

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida

Main card (Televised):

170 lbs.: Matt Hughes ( 42-7) vs. Matt Serra (9-5)

155 lbs.: Sean Sherk (33-3) vs. Frank Edgar (9-1)

185 lbs.: Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller

Under card:

155 lbs.: Phillipe Nover (5-1-1) vs. Kyle Bradley (13-6)

185 lbs.: James Irvin (14-5) vs. Drew McFedries (7-5)

170 lbs.: Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson*

265 lbs.: Tim Hague vs. Patrick Barry

185 lbs.: Andre Gusmao vs. Houston Alexander

170 lbs.: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff

155 lbs.: Kaplan (2-2) vs. George Roop (8-4)

Lyoto Machida to replace Quinton Jackson against Rashad Evans at UFC 98 on May 23

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/evans-machida.jpg

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans (13-0-1) will defend his crown against undefeated 205-pound division contender Lyoto Machida (14-0) in the main event of UFC 98 from The MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada on Saturday, May 23, 2009 according to SI.com.

UFC 98: “Identity Crisis,” was originally headlined by Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir, who were set to collide in a heavyweight title unification bout until Mir was forced to bow out with a knee injury that required minor surgery.

Mir and Lesnar are now scheduled for fisticuffs at UFC 100 on July 11.

The main event was quickly (and awkwardly) changed to Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans during the UFC 96 broadcast on March 8. “Rampage” defeated Evans’ teammate Keith Jardine via unanimous decision and had a nice war of words with “Sugar” following the bout, but appeared lukewarm to the idea of competing just over two months after his scrap with “The Dean of Mean.”

Now it appears nagging injuries and a brutal training camp have left Jackson — who would have competed three times in the span of five months — a little worse for the wear, and he’s now opted to settle for the title of number one contender with a guaranteed shot at the winner of Evans vs. Machida at some point in late 2009.

“The Dragon” has been patiently waiting for a crack at the title, all the while stringing together six straight victories inside the Octagon, including his coming out party at UFC 94 where he floored Thiago Silva in the first round for his first(T)KO finish under the UFC banner.

Like Machida, Evans has taken some heat in the past for his cautious approach. That all but went out the window after a devastating KO over former light heavyweight deity Chuck Liddell and a decisive TKO finish against ex-205 champ Forrest Griffin.

Now pitted against one another, it will be interesting to see if they revert back to the run-and-gun approach or if someone gets the lights shut off in the first round.

Also on the May 23 card, former UFC welterweight champions Matt Hughes and Matt Serra will settle their eternal grudge match and former number one middleweight contender Yushin Okami will return to the Octagon to challenge the surging 185-pound standout Dan Miller.

Main event:

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida

Main card (Televised):

170 lbs.: Matt Hughes ( 42-7) vs. Matt Serra (9-5)

155 lbs.: Sean Sherk (33-3) vs. Frank Edgar (9-1)

185 lbs.: Yushin Okami vs. Dan Miller

Under card:

155 lbs.: Phillipe Nover (5-1-1) vs. Kyle Bradley (13-6)

185 lbs.: James Irvin (14-5) vs. Drew McFedries (7-5)

170 lbs.: Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson*

265 lbs.: Tim Hague vs. Patrick Barry

185 lbs.: Andre Gusmao vs. Houston Alexander

170 lbs.: Yoshiyuki Yoshida vs. Brandon Wolff

155 lbs.: Kaplan (2-2) vs. George Roop (8-4)

yeah! WAR MACHIDA! hahaha ^_^

and the machida era begins... (only the spider can beat the dragon and only the dragon can beat the spider.. problem they won't fight)

munoz really looked sloppy against hamill.. i hope he improves the next time..

ken testing positive for roids, a sad news for mma...

sana manalo naman si houston alexander.

i hope he does, he cut down from 205 to 185, hope he still has that explosive power and hope he trained his chin ^_^

Gusmao is a striker din ba?

it doesn't come as a surprise the ken tested positive

WTF Ken is a juicer?

probably his outbursts are due to roid rage ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

Ken Shamrock on steroids!? Not surprised! Even Frank Shamrock said that Ken was doping years ago...

Co-founder of TapOut clothing Charles "Mask" Lewis dead in a car accident! Wasak daw ang Ferrari nya! His the guy with the face painted & army cap guys you see on UFC fights!? RiP! :hypocritesmiley:

Ayan! Machida vs. Evans na! Magkaalaman na!? Mukha Llamado si Machida dito ah!? Hehe... :thumbsupsmiley:

i just hope nover will have a better showing for he will be next to showcase (2nd time, not counting the tuf) his skills against tough ufc guys. good luck nover and please dont faint.

Nover lost to escudero... via strategy... and efrain got it right... novers camp was not well prepared interms of strategy... so i think strategy will play a key role on how nover will fight.

I hope machida will be fully ready and be the new king of the 205 pounders! Go lyoto!!!!!!!!!!!!

instead bobby lashley will compete against chris jericho in a lumberjack match

the first time ever!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ken testing positive for roids, a sad news for mma...

not a new thing, ken has been a steroid head ever since he came into limelight....