The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

That is so 90's. You might be surprised at the improvements Hyundai/Kia have made to their quality. In Europe, the hottest car right now is the cee'd, which is manufactured by Kia. Hyundai just shot up the as the number 1 in customer retention ratings, surpassing Honda AND Toyota. And when something fails, who can beat the 5 year/160tkm warranty that those Koreans offer? Hyundai engine designs were the basis for GEMA engines, which is used by a lot of car manufacturers including Mitsubishi and Chevrolet. The new Kia Forte's engine is now considered the best in its class. They also rolled out a new class-leading 6-speed automatic transmission, designed purely inhouse. You want to stay away from that? hehehe

agree!!! ive seen a lot of Hyundai cars/SUV here in Europe, especially the Tucson models...

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with Hyundai's i30 and Suzuki's Swift, napakadaling dalhin tapos di pa ganun kadami ang meron nito.

If I were to choose,

Any CDi (diesel) car you can afford is very practical.

The problem lang nga is most CDi are Korean Cars such as Hyundai and Kia. Stay away from korean cars since talagang di maganda ang quality nito as compared with a Japanese car.

Suzuki cars are also ok..

Diba iba na ang parang designer ng Hyundai? Maganda ang mga diesel engines nila at diyan sila kilala. German technology yata ang gamit nila diyan, halos di nalalayo sa BMW. :)

As for Kia, medyo nagaalangan ako dito pero nakita ko yung bagong Sorento at maganda siya ha.

Any comment on Toyota RAV4 4x4? I'm planning to get one, hope the forums can help.

Well, the RAV4 has superb power and fuel economy from optional V6, balanced ride and handling, roomy second-row seating, low cargo floor, solid build quality.

But the interior has a budget feel, side-hinged rear gate impedes curbside loading, driver seat a tight fit for tall drivers.

So you decide.

Ciao!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the RAV4 has superb power and fuel economy from optional V6, balanced ride and handling, roomy second-row seating, low cargo floor, solid build quality.

But the interior has a budget feel, side-hinged rear gate impedes curbside loading, driver seat a tight fit for tall drivers.

So you decide.

Ciao!

mas ok yang rav4 kesa crv

• 3 weeks later...

ano b ibig sbihin ng practical? is it the cost of the unit?? is it the consumption of fuel? is it the after sales service? is it the value of the car??

kung cost i think korean cars or toyota

kung fuel comsumption its either toyota or honda

kung after sales hmmmm..... no comment

kung value ng car honda ir toyota mabilis mabenta

I'd go with Hyundai's i30 and Suzuki's Swift, napakadaling dalhin tapos di pa ganun kadami ang meron nito.

Diba iba na ang parang designer ng Hyundai? Maganda ang mga diesel engines nila at diyan sila kilala. German technology yata ang gamit nila diyan, halos di nalalayo sa BMW. :)

As for Kia, medyo nagaalangan ako dito pero nakita ko yung bagong Sorento at maganda siya ha.

Excuse me pero malayo po sa BMW diesel Engine and hyundai.... it doesnt generate as much torque as a bimmer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

money and gas wise i'll go with Hyundai Accent.. Not sure though with the aftersales and availability of spare parts.

Mitsubishi Adventure is okay also lalo na yung super sport nila for an 800k.

For gas type:

It will be vios or city for sedan type (budget friendly pa since they're ranging from 600k up to 700k plus the resale value). Not sure though with compact cars.

But if you have enough budget. Go for Toyota Hilux, Isuzu's Crosswind, Hyundai's i30, Ford's Focus.

In Short, mostly diesel type cars. Maintain it wisely and you'll never have any problems. Mahal nga parts, pero kapag pinalitan mo naman sobrang tagal bago ulit masira.

It depends on what your main purpose is. If it's just going to point A - point B at the least amount of fuel, get the smallest and cheapest one.

If you need to carry more people, then get a bigger car.

If you want pogi points and prestige, get a Honda.

If you want reliability and dependability, get a Toyota.