The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

• 1 month later...

para sakin. accent siguro ngayon. yung last year version na diesel ha. madaming taxi ang gumagamit nun. at hindi lang sya matipid ha! mabilis pa! hindi mukhang diesel yung bilis nya eh. try to observe taxis that use accent. tignan mo kung gaano sya kabilis. maliit pa sya kaya madali din isingit

agree, pero out of stock na daw...

Hi Guys... I'm planing to buy a car in a couple of months time... this one is for the family, so I was thinking of something along the lines of the Inova, Adventure, Crosswind and APV.

I wanted something that's usable for the family but can be used everyday too. The wife and I have looked at the various models currently offered and (she) decided on the APV Type II (GLX or GLS trim). It's a very underrated car and quite affordable too. I was worrying about the power and speed at first, but then I figured that she wouldn't be driving fast in it, so there is really NO NEED FOR SPEED. The real clincher though were the 3rd row seats, on the other models, the 3rd row seats looked like they were added as an afterthought. Low seats and very little leg room on the third row does not make a very comfortable ride for adults. On the APV, the 3rd row seats look very comfy.

Initially I rooted for the Sportivo because of it being an Isuzu. Isuzu vehicles are known for their rugged reliability. The down side is the price, at well over a million, I only need a few more bucks and I can get myself an SUV. Sure there are lower trims of the Crosswind, but the only ones really worth buying are the Sportivo and XTRM trims... oh, and the 3rd row seats...

Inova : The very first time I rode on one, I was seated on the 3rd row for a two-hour ride. It was an experience I would not like to go through again. The second row seats are ok, unless you are seated in the middle. Although, Inovas are quite popular now, and some people swear by their reliability, I really have no love for this one.

Avanza : Even the 2nd row is uncomfortable... my heart bleeds for the people who will be on the back.

Adventure : I really like it... noon pa. The only down side is, again, the third row seats... mababa talaga... not very comfortable for long rides.

so there goes.... please post your comments and your opinions. All Intelligent opinions will be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just my own 2 cents.......

a)Toyota Corolla ----------- Good car but when rainy season comes.....disadvantage

b)Nissan Navarra ---------- Nice pickup but.... very prehistoric priming system, it has a bladder inside the engine bay in case there is aeration in the fuel line, you need to pump it manually to get it started. Disappointing with modern times.

c) Mitsubishi Lancer-------- The infamous car with reliability issues in the previous past, got one invecs and tranmission was not working with 35,000km odo reading.....

Lack of sound insulation which leads to noisy cabin

d) Hyundai ( all ) ----------- While their cars are quite modern and nice today it lacks the appeal of 2nd hand buyers........ prices drop drastically in the 2nd hand world. If you wish to sell it after using it then prepare to have a big price drop. Hyundai are actually nice to drive but japanese cars are better.

e) Toyota Innova ------------- A WINNER NO MATTER WHAT CATEGORY..... Nice everything, cargo, suspension, reliability..........etc.......Its a tank dude..........

f) Kia cars --------------------- Nice looking cars nowadays but still japanese cars are better.....

g) Honda cars ---------------- Though their engine is good but their previous models suffer electrical problems.....Toyota are more reliable all rounder cars

h) All European cars -------- Nice but you need to have a lot of cash to own one. Maintenance will get you in the long run. Parts not quite available.... If you have the dough then get one....

i) Nissan Cars ---------------- Good quality cars but still it lacks the appeal of 2nd hand buyers.

j) ISUZU pickup -------------- Very good in terms of reliability.....just drive and forget the maintenance... it will last forever but.......

Driving it is another story, it handles like a truck.....I mean literally, heavy this and that but again just think like you have an exercise

machine......parang nasa gym ka at least you get muscles.......

k) Toyota pickup-------------- Good but isuzu exceeds in terms of ride quality and reliability although ndi malayo ang toyota. Dami dress up stuffs for toyota pickup

Opinion are mine lang naman, experience lang po sa mga kotse and pickup above....

You can add comments naman baka lemon ang na experience ko.

Thanks

If your not familiar with car parts or not a mechanic, look for a friend or a mechanic you can trust and ask them their expertise, then start choosing a car from there, para hindi ka bumili ng Car Brand/Make na walang nakaka-alam mag-ayos. If you have a trusted friend or family na marunong that is the best kasi sure ka na they will recommend you the best and un best sa experience nila, kapag may sira marami ka mapagtatanungan na Free consultation :D.... Almost all car brands naman are Ok, its a matter whether you can maintain it with the least amount of cost, specially if your buying 2nd hand.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...