The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

Kamusta sa mga Gm’s natin dito manghihingi lang sana ako ng advice kasi nagpaplano ako bumili ng 2nd hand na suv, anu ang kailangan kong malaman na malinis ang kotse ko na bibilhin ko san pwede icheck na hindi ito carnap at malinis ang papel Nito. Salamat sa mga magbibigay ng advice. Sensya na newbie ako pagdating dito. Salamat ulit.

An emerging trend daw nowadays is choosing vehicles in the UV segment (SUV, Mid SUV, Compact SUV....) rather than sedans. Logic is that sedans, for their size, are priced as much or even more than SUVs which offer more practicality than sedans.

care to give an example on why SUVs are more practical than sedans? I'm just curious, I thought sedans are cheaper and you get a better gas mileage compared to an SUV.

Sorry, It should have read Sports Sedans. I’m not talking about cheap cars like the Vios, Wigo or Picanto type. Obviously, you won’t buy an SUV if your budget is not enough. SUV’s will cost upward of P1.2M & most sports sedans cost more than that. Most SUVs are diesel powered, making them more efficient than a gas guzzling Sports sedan. SUVs also offer the height, are bigger & roomier, have more ground clearance (for floods), have more trunk room & are safer due to it’s stiffer & sturdier body. Obviously, an SUV doesn’t handle as well as a sports sedan, but most Pinoys don’t really care. Pinoys care more about the accessories (HU, airbags, button start back up camera) than the driveability of the car. Im not too sure if it was December or January, but Fortuners outsold Vios for the first time. Personally, my SUV is for family use while my daily driver is a car, more maneuverable.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry, It should have read Sports Sedans. I’m not talking about cheap cars like the Vios, Wigo or Picanto type. Obviously, you won’t buy an SUV if your budget is not enough. SUV’s will cost upward of P1.2M & most sports sedans cost more than that. Most SUVs are diesel powered, making them more efficient than a gas guzzling Sports sedan. SUVs also offer the height, are bigger & roomier, have more ground clearance (for floods), have more trunk room & are safer due to it’s stiffer & sturdier body. Obviously, an SUV doesn’t handle as well as a sports sedan, but most Pinoys don’t really care. Pinoys care more about the accessories (HU, airbags, button start back up camera) than the driveability of the car. Im not too sure if it was December or January, but Fortuners outsold Vios for the first time. Personally, my SUV is for family use while my daily driver is a car, more maneuverable.

I don't find SUV's to be practical, I have one because of a need for a better safety rating for my family and a better cargo capacity which I don't most of the time, they're gas guzzler, I can go twice the distance on my GE Fit/Jazz with the same amount of fuel, I also think they're boring to drive, well they handle very well but they are bad on cornering due to their higher center of gravity, sedans are more fun to drive. I was planning of selling my SUV and get a WRX instead but family is getting bigger so I'm sticking with my SUV for now. I just wish Honda Philippines would add the Civic Hatchback Sport in their line up, it would have been perfect when it comes to practicality, just my opinion though.

I don't find SUV's to be practical, I have one because of a need for a better safety rating for my family and a better cargo capacity which I don't most of the time, they're gas guzzler, I can go twice the distance on my GE Fit/Jazz with the same amount of fuel, I also think they're boring to drive, well they handle very well but they are bad on cornering due to their higher center of gravity, sedans are more fun to drive. I was planning of selling my SUV and get a WRX instead but family is getting bigger so I'm sticking with my SUV for now. I just wish Honda Philippines would add the Civic Hatchback Sport in their line up, it would have been perfect when it comes to practicality, just my opinion though.

For that fun to drive factor, a car will beat an SUV anytime. I myself have an Accent hatch m/t as a daily driver (meaning for work) & I drive solo all the time. My daily drive is also in the expressway & places down south so using a manual makes it more fun. It is also very economical. But during weekends, going to the grocery & bring my family along to the City (QC, Manila or Makati), I need the diesel a/t SUV. It is a lot more spacious, economical for a SUV & comfortable to drive. It also has good ground clearance. I don’t really need a fun to drive car in City traffic. I need a practical one. When going on a long out of time drive with the family, nothing beats a big ride for comfort & safety. & I think these are just some of the factors that makes it popular for most new car buyers.
  • 3 weeks later...

For me pick up is the best daily driver, convenient, economical gas consumption, and if i need to hall something large i just put it on the bed, my pick up has a comfier ride than my SUV,

Crossovers are popular also nowadays as they tend to fall in the price range of most upper tier sedans , but keep in mind that the space inside is smaller than sedans, with the exception ofcourse of the vios,mirage,etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure kung sa tamang thread itong post nato,,

Anong car ang:

1. Fuel efficient.

2. Low Maintenance.

3. Hindi magiisip kung kaya ba yung baha, potholes.

4. Ok price.

this 2019.

Please dont say "Imaginary".

MU-X and Dmax is both super Fuel efficient and not bad in terms of prices, of course perfect for baha.

D lang ako sure if it's low maintainance.

An emerging trend daw nowadays is choosing vehicles in the UV segment (SUV, Mid SUV, Compact SUV....) rather than sedans. Logic is that sedans, for their size, are priced as much or even more than SUVs which offer more practicality than sedans.

Agree 100%

for me SUVs are practical because

1. Palaging baha

2. Malubak na kalsada

3. Maraming humps

being inside a forty never kami nagworry sa baha or lubak,

Sarap pa iakyat ng bundok, FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME na lagalag, we don't settle for a sedan or 4x2 SUV.

Diesel naman so d mabigat sa bulsa, plus fuel efficient naman si 2018 forty, lalo if you take them out for a long drive kahit every month.