The Mail Box

P6,

What makes you think I'd even consider talking to you?

All your lies, your empty promises...and the fact that you never did ANYTHING, not one thing, for me, is more than enough reason to ignore you.

You're proud of me? What am I, your daughter? You think you're responsible for how I've become? Maybe, partly, you are. Only a jerk like you can bring out the bitch in me.

Don't push it. Lest I tell everyone how tiny your dick is.

Cat

I still do care for you.

Please understand that breaking up with you was doubly hard on me. but I have to do it. To save the US there is still. We've been too hurt. But lets keep the friendship. That's the only thing we have now.

Please take care of yourself. You have to take care of yourself. Hurting you is the last thing I want you to feel. Please understand that. Please keep that in mind.

I'm here...as your friend always.

arrghh... f#&king social loafers.. f#&king free riders.. u scum!! hope u all die.. u r worthless in this world... u r all good-for-nothing beings... yeah u all deserve to die because u'll only be worthy when ur dead... ur bodies are good fertilizers.. perhaps that's the sole purpose why u were born.. to be fertilizers... damn it.. ur basking at the glory of other people, and ur claiming the credit? damn!!! ang kapal nyo.. mahiya naman kayo!!

you may know a whole shitload about the industry. but you don't know jack s@%t about how to run an office and how to keep your employees' morale high. you suck. you suck. you suck. if i wasn't so afraid of losing my job, i'd go straight to the top and tell the big bosses how incompetent you are.

your height is about proportional to your maturity level. and probably to how big your dick is.

you suck.

i'm so angry i could cry.

no, i can't do what you ask me to do. the more i get to know you, the more i'm disappointed.

i thought you were one of those men of the higher order (not priests, silly) but apparenly you're just one of those average guys aiming for above-average women.

you consider me average?but hey! when was the last time you really looked at yourself in the mirror? the last time you listened to yourself talk? next time you do, listen to the voices in your head, they may just be telling more truths than what you have been selectively listening to in the past.

you're not that majestic, get down that high chair. (high chairs are for kids, remember?) you're not above any other, don't be ridiculous! stop your hypocrisy.

if you feel this sounds like a letter to you, then you're damn right, it is for you.

I ALMOST cannot believe how the Dilbert principle can apply to you. What makes it so fantastic is that it applies to you not as an employee, but as the seed of the offspring who sprung forth from my loins.

You've sunk to new lows of incompetence. How is that at all possible? A whole week, food and lodging at my expense. A whole week, and you couldn't even try to drive her someplace more than 5 kilometers from home.

Such incompetence is astounding. It takes a real, conscious effort to sink that low.

Dad, Tatay, Ama, Lolo ...

Thank you for:

* giving us all an education ...

* the courage to work abroad so you can provide opportunities for your family ...

* the various occassions you picked me up at "labasan" when I'd come home late ...

* the opportunity of living, growing up and being exposed to Western education (elementary and HS) ...

* for my appreciation of the world, experiences, different cultures and people ...

* the example of service ... to the officers and members of FAPNG (Filipino Association of PNG), Lions Club, Red Cross, church, Macaria Village Stage 5 Homeowners Association and your family (wife, children, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews and granddaughter)

* the delicious food you'd prepare ... tapa, hamburger, adobo, escabeche ...

* accompanying me to my appointments after my accident ...

* driving me around: to work, Toastmaster meetings and other work/personal activities

* the EXTREME sacrifice ... your life!

We love you ... Dad, Tatay, Ama, Lolo!

We miss you ... Dad, Tatay, Ama, Lolo!

Edited by barenaked

I have sold my soul to my vocation. Day and night I live, breathe and eat work. My best wordsmithing, my subtlest twists of phrase, my accurately timed replies, my finest selection of metaphors, have been prostituted in the name of projects, deadlines, and tasks all meant to supply more and more goods and services greedy world, as more and more of our brothers and sisters taste of the benefits of modern technology.

And ask for yet another fix.

It is indeed most unfortunate, to paraphrase MacArthur, wisest of all Generals, that our almost matchless advances in technology, industry, science, and education these past two thousand years has not been accompanied by proportionate advances in the human spirit. And it is this deep disparity between the material and the spiritual that would ultimately destroy the human race. He spoke these words at the end of the Second World War, on the eve of his ascension as Shogun of conquered Japan.

And these words remain true to this day.

In this season, during this time for reflection, we are again reminded to give unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and to give unto God what is God's, to seek the spiritual equally with, if not more than, the material. These words were spoken two thousand years ago,

and remain no less true to this very day.

So we must force ourselves to pause, to attend services, and to reflect. Have we been giving Caesar too much, and of what is not his anyway, and have we given too little to those who had want of our giving?

The world and its many wants can await as we attend to ritual, remembrance, redirection, and rededication, all long long overdue.

LC