The Mail Box

PL,

I've seen the functional tech drawings, heavily disguised in codes and acronyms. Do they realise that they are building the whole black project on the business premise of sufficient local demand? The moment local demand is lower than expected, they are going to have to export, and frankly, we pinoys do not excel in export, at least in that market. They will take a beating and go negative margins, and they do not have the deep pockets to stay that way for long.

Is there something I don't know, or is this yet another case of some big company making plainly wrong decisions, again? Yup, even blue chips do that, all it takes is a small critical mass of dumb older managers promoted by seniority and not ability. And bright younger managers too meek or too un-oratorical to speak up.

And consultants playing along.

sounds familiar?

LC

Edited by LostCommand

akala mo mamiss kita

akala mo lab kita

hindi no!

hindi ko napapansin

ang kinis ng yong balat

ang pula ng iyong pisngi

ang iyong labi

ang iyong mata

ang kembot ng bewang mo

ang sayaw ng iyong pwet

ang tamis ng iyong boses

na parang awit pag may request

di kita gusto

di kita mami miss

promise...

B,

I'd love to study Lula's model. (I'm no economist but at least I understand more than the basic concepts of it.) But, seriously, what use will such information be of use us? It's not like we can just schedule an appointment with HER.

Unless you're planning on making it part of your lesson plan for your, ahem, teaching stint. Ahh...if that's the case, can't you at least give me some credit?

Cat

My dearest Ms. K,

How long has it been, three months? No texting, no instant messaging, no looking at your profile for your last visit, no looking for your posts, nothing, nada, zilch. It was getting easier everyday. Each time I think of you I just post the avatar of you and Mr. L in my mind, add sound, add dialogue, presto! Yearning converts to anger faster than Einstein could have imagined.

When I agreed to see you, it was with the confidence that I had gotten over you.

You see, I still don't know myself.

I still love you Ms. K. I still get thrilled each time you play with the fingers of my hand, and run curls with your fingers in my hair.

I want to die.

hey mr. bigshot wannabe!

sarap ng feeling ng me pinag kakaabalahan no? life's good, and geting better ba?...edi ngaun gumagalaw kana, pati taba mo tagtag. wag mo sila intindihin.... ang pinaghirapan lalo na pag parehas, indi kinahihiya. dream big, talk loud, work hard, be proud. ang bigat ng konbiksyon mo. kun me ipagmamalaki ka, at least, kahit kelan indi ka naging sinungaling. totoo ka sa sarili mo pare. malabo ka lang kausap minsan kse di ka marunong mg prioritize, alang importante syo. yun mga bagay at tao na lang kwenta pinag aaksayahan mo ng panahon. sana ngaun, ok na takbo mo...gud luck satin pare

paeng

how long has it been since the day i hurt you, called you inadequate, made you doubt yourself?

no, don't come back for some more. i sure don't need to hurt you more, to offer hope of falsehood, to make you laugh only to make you cry, to take you to heights only to bring you down deep. flat on your face.

let me apologize without you knowing it. let me feel sorry for myself for you.

i told you i needed a real relationship. no, i'm not asking you. i am just telling you.

but i need you now. i need discounts for our ad! damn! you have turned me into a user-friendly bitch. giving me everything i want, i need.

to hell!

but i'm going to call you this week. damn bottomline!

I/H,

I'm sorry to say that you two have a very weird romantic relationship going, that is, if you still call it "romantic". The emotional ups and downs you make each other go through over a span of just days is remarkable in its stupidity and immaturity.

Maybe, you deserve each other. But I'll definitely feel so sorry for your kids (once you have them) growing up in such a household environment that you two will create.

Be mature and spare them the agony. Please.

Edited by willow_boy

Michael Michaels (sure he doesn't surf this site naman),

I finally found someone that will love me unconditionally like the way you had hoped to love me

and guess what? He's Filipino! Sure you're bummed out about that eh! And I'm not following up

that work out and diet regimen you painstakingly brainwashed me with. I lead a lax life and eat

what I want ( and that includes Filipino dishes....pork and all) and love freely. And hey, I'm getting

good with my Tagalog too.

Just wanted to let you know that you haven't ruined me for anyone else. And I've just begun living

my life. No hard feelings anymore. No feelings at all. I'm seeing you now for what you are.

Thanks for those loving memories...first of everything, trips and cruises, a condo, a car. With all those, I found out that all I really needed was someone to love me for me. I hope you have found that someone that you can mold into what you want.

But you should see me now...how I turned out... no longer that girl that clung on to your every word.

I turned out to be independent, confident, assertive, strong....All woman. Happily fulfilled and giving it up to a Filipino guy and doing ungodly things and I might add satisfying my every womanly desires...Ain't that the sh!t!

Edited by hottlipss

Dammit, the official design manual is wrong!

Six hours of maths and the damn temperature calculations are still showing negative slope - this is not possible!

dimensional analysis shows that the units won't cancel out one auxilliary equation- bad, bad sign

So I re-derive the f$cking design manual from first principles and apparently SOME JERK SWAPPED ONE OF THEM BUNCH OF DIVISORS!

Manual was last updated 2004 Dec - does this mean we have been doing (partially faulty) design work for these past two years now? This design mistake can lead to non-entrainment of droplets at overload conditions. Instead of simply stalling and bogging down on overload, the cylinder is gonna blow, maybe take a couple or a dozen workers with it, depending on the time of day it goes.

Should I tell my boss - and maybe be proven wrong? OK, a smack on the wrist and lost hours of sleep...

On the other hand, if I am correct and the official design manual is in serious error - time to milk the most out of this. In other places a promotion may be in order - but I'm too young for that. My name on the next circular would be enough.

And even if I am proven right, what do we do about all those folks who already have these units installed? Mass Recall? So much for being among the top consultants in this industry, worldwide.

Not only do I have to pull rabbits out of my hat in designing the seemingly improbable, but now I also find myself pulling skeletons out of my company's closets and discovering the scandalously impossible?

One may try to avoid fate and lead the quiet life.

One can try harder,

LC

Edited by LostCommand

funny how my camera captures how i feel about you...

you used to be so lovely, so fresh, so ohhhh....

now you look tired and haggard

and at times old

why?

do you miss the times i am at your disposal?

that an old, hopeless romantic like me cares how you feel?

always there to help?

maybe not...

maybe my camera just know how i feel now

had it, arms raised and giving up

x

Do not tell me where you came from You are here and that is enough

The sky neet not explain why it is sunny one moment and rainy the next Why should you ? Let science tell us But lets leave the sky alone

You are here and that is the screaming truth.

A