The Mail Box

You said two heads are better than one,

But what’s the use of the other,

If it will only withhold the thinking?

As you walked before me to shield me from harm,

But it was you who hurt me instead.

When you gave me everyday your shoulders to cry on,

Where were they when I needed them in dire?

As you took me by the hand and watched me closely as we walked,

It was you who stumbled along the road.

When you build me up to be strong and stand up with every blow,

It was you who broke in the gentle brush of the wind.

As you told me to be tough to brave the storm,

It was you who corroded under the rain.

You said you love me and will be with me,

Forever…

But your actions are mute to how much you mean those words to me.

I thought only one’s passion sink in,

Leaving a mark in you being.

But then words can succumb even deeper.

Causing wounds not even time can heal…

Y,

Was SO good that you were also in Makati yesterday.

Am glad you were a wonderful excuse for me to escape from that weird, crazy, married guy whom I bumped into on the bus home.

I just couldnt stand it ... enduring the entire ride with him.

Rather rude of him and icky ... to violate my private space, as well as offer a massage FREE OF CHARGE. Yuck!!!

Enjoy your new, interesting life ... GF! ;-)

A

para sa iyo:

ginawaan kita ng isang mahabang tula, kaya lang nawalan ng kuryente at nabura lahat ng pinagpaguran ko, kaya ito na lang muna ang alay ko sa iyo. sana maintindihan mo.

-- m.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kung Ibig Mo Akong Makilala

tula ni Ruth Elynia Mabanglo

Kung ibig mo akong makilala,

lampasan mo ang guhit ng mahugis na balat,

ang titig kong dagat --

yumayapos nang mahigpit sa bawat saglit

ng kahapon ko't bukas.

Kung ibig mo akong makilala,

sunduin mo ako sa himlayang dilim

at sa madlang pagsukol ng inunang hilahil,

ibangon ako at saka palayain.

Isang pag-ibig na lipos ng lingap,

tahanang malaya sa pangamba at sumbat

may suhay ng tuwa't ang kaluwalhatia'y

walang takda --

ialay mong lahat ito sa akin

kung mahal mo ako't ibig kilalanin.

Kung ibig mo akong kilalanin,

sisirin mo ako hanggang buto,

liparin mo ako hanggang utak,

umilanglang ka hanggang kaluluwa --

hubad ako roon: mula ulo hanggang paa.

Ate N,

After getting mom's call the other day and hearing the pain/loneliness in her voice ... you've NO right to treat her that way.

She deserves better than that.

She's already with you ... to tend to your mess ... to cook, clean, do your laundry.

And you'd rather give more attention to that A-hole you STILL continue to see/work with?

If only I could wring your neck!

Even Ate R doesnt respect you anymore ... esp. with how you've turned out.

Anyway, your life ... just dont expect us to be included in it.

We honestly couldnt care less ... anymore

A

no, i didn't forget... happy birthday.

we're good, not entirely good but you know how it is... and well, you can see it from there naman. they said they're having a party for you tonight. wanted to call but you know me, never been one for small talk.

and we're holding up. been different since but we watch each others back like you always told us to. miss you though... everybody does. even the small one although she probably remembers you quite vaguely now. still, she does mention you every now and then. as for the old fart, well, he's changed a lot since. weird, actually, now that he can freely do those things he use to, he seem to have lost the inclination. took him for a spin the last time he was here and he is all "been there, done that" the whole time. lost his touch in those nightly debates too. but he's still his jolly self so don't worry about him.

me? i manage... i am managing it! hehehe. and like i said, we're good, not entirely good but you know how it is... never been one for small talk.

happy birthday again. :*

B and T,

The agreement commences on 8/1. Hopefully, this would be the first of many. I hope for your futures' sake that everything works out, that something very good will come out of this. This is for you guys, something to help you long after mom and dad are gone.

Love,

Dad

Edited by willow_boy

A,

Can we still be friends?

We can't play this game anymore, but

Can we still be friends?

Things just can't go on like before, but

Can we still be friends?

We had something to learn

Now it's time for the wheel to turn

Grains of sand, one by one

Before you know it

All gone

Let's admit we made a mistake, but

Can we still be friends?

Heartbreak's never easy to take, but

Can we still be friends?

It's a strange, sad affair

Sometimes seems like we just don't care

Don't waste time feeling hurt

We've been through hell together

La la la la, la la la la la

Can we still be friends?

Can we still get together sometime?

la la la la, la la la la la

Can we still go on and on and on and on?

We awoke from our dream

Things are not always what they seem

Memories linger on

It's like a sweet sad old song

:)

B

Edited by viktoria

S,

While I was walking over to meet up my friend ... you and I crossed paths, right in front of each other in front of McDo on the 2nd floor. I saw you ... I dont think you saw me.

Bad of me ... but I didnt bother to stop you and say, "Hi!".

You looked like your sad self ... with this angry look on your face. As if you couldnt bear being in the same space/vicinity of the people around you. As if they were diseased or something.

By that look alone ... am wondering, I know you may have a job but are you ok?

I dont think you ever will ... esp. when you're always carrying a chip on your shoulder.

You should change ... that's the only way.

Just sorry I cant be there for you as a friend ... I cant stand being with you, talking to you ... or trying to talk some sense into how you're treating your dad. You need a shrink. I cant be the only friend who will endure your prejudice about people, things.

All I can do for you is to pray ... to Him, your mom.

Hope things are doing well with work. Hope you're not pissing anymore of your officemates. You gotta learn how to work with people.

Dont think you're SO high above them all. Coz you're not.

Good luck, S.

A

Edited by barenaked

for all of you who broke my heart.

Hope Alone

words and music by the Indigo Girls

Let's not drag this out, everything's in motion

Though I've only ever loved you kind and with devotion

I remember when I met you and even from the start

I thought one day you'd probably just come home and break my heart

It's funny what you know and still go on pretending

With no good evidence you'll ever see that happy ending

You were looking for your distance and sensing my resistance you had to do your will

I had to learn the hard way

We were just an empty dream too big for hope alone to fill

I know I'm a dreamer, so I'll give you that

Still I hope I'm more than just a place you laid your hat

You're a land of secrets, its only citizen

And though I paid my dues I was never allowed in

And so I am a stranger but especially today

As I get sad and lonely and you get your way

You were looking for your distance and sensing my resistance you had to do your will

I had to learn the hard way

We were just an empty dream too big for hope alone to fill

Holding out for change I know we never stood a chance

So I could only wait and watch you slip right through my hands

dear lolo r. (oo, ikaw nga),

sabi ko naman sa 'yo optimist pa rin ako, e. kahit pa magkaroon ako ng konting malungkot moments, i will still be an optimist at heart. :D

as promised, a happy song for you. hope you like it. next time, kakantahin natin 'to ng sabay. :)

cheers!

- m.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Daydream Believer

By John Stewart/The Monkees

Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings

Of the bluebird as she sings.

The six o'clock alarm would never ring.

But it rings and I rise,

Wipe the sleep out of my eyes.

My shavin' razor's cold and it stings.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.

Oh, what can it mean.

To a daydream believer

And a homecoming queen.

You once thought of me

As a white knight on a steed.

Now you know how happy I can be.

Oh, and our good times start and end

Without a dollar one to spend.

But how much, baby, do we really need.

Cheer up, Sleepy Jean.

Oh, what can it mean.

To a daydream believer

And a homecoming queen.

Edited by pussycatdoll

Dear Uncle Philip, (1953-2006)

Dad informed me of your passing last night. I was told that you died of complications from diabetes. In all honesty, I refuse to believe that that's the cause. I believe you died of a broken heart. You nursed it, albeit unsuccessfully, for close to 30 years. But I guess your heart finally gave out.

I will miss you, dear Uncle. You were more like an older brother to me. Memories of my childhood won't be complete without remembering those days I spent with you and your brothers and sisters. I remember the Sundays we spent at your place enjoying lunch with Lolo Iting, Lola Linda, and you and your siblings. We were very close until a nervous breakdown took your intellect and person away. It was sad for all of us to see a once intelligent and promising man gradually lose his hold on his mind and his life. I regret that it's been many years since I last saw you, many years since I had with you one of those long, highly informative conversations you were known for. The last time I did see you, you weren't well. Now, I regret that I won't be seeing you for a while.

Though I will miss you, I can't find it within me to say farewell for I know that someday you and I will meet again. And when we do, we can pick up from where we left off.

Rest in peace, Uncle Philip.

Edited by willow_boy

Betong

I was drunk friday night. I downed a number of bottles. I wasn't suppose to think of you. But a friend sang "jealous". Then suddenly I was singing Anna Fegi's "Saan ka na kaya ngayon", the song i kept on singing months after I broke up with you.

And damn! Call it crazy but I was crying just singing that song. How pathetic of me. How stupid of me to show my friends I still miss you... I still regret ever letting you go... I still hope I waited for you and your situation to be better than give up on US.

It has been 3 years since I last heard your voice. I still look at your funny face on my friendster though. And yes I admit, I'm not sooooo over you. YET.

And I am still praying to just forget you. And forgive myself.

Yang

Dear ...you -know-who -you -are,

Thank you...thank you for all your effort , kindness and warmth. I really appreciate everthing that you do for me..but i gotta admit...this whole experience is so new to me ....yet it seems the timing is just perfect for both of us, two lonely souls...longing for human touch :lol: :lol:

I'm looking forward to a long and meaningful *friendship between us...let's hope we don't fall inlove ;)

http://www.gifszone.com/content/icon/friends/friends_59.gif

Maya

http://www.gifszone.com/content/icon/love/love_131.gif

Give this to me.

I know how you think - you are now having me work for a project twice as big. But that project is for a country where such sums are merely lunch money. 1 followed by 11 (yes, eleven) zeroes is not lunch money for my country, though this project be only half the size of that one I'm working on today. This may be a smaller project, less impressive in our resumes, yes, but this time I would fight for flag and country, and not a hired mercenary fighting for the top bidders of our asking fees.

This fight is for honour.

Another direct foreign investment of this potential size will NOT arrive in this country for the next decade or so. Only a calculating multinational of this repute can readily muster the sort of sums that would equal 12 percent of the year's national budget, in one throw, and then dare let a few private decision makers make the call, unencumbered by the treacle of public opinion and politics; Marx's very nightmare come to life. But before they make the call, these decision makers firstly want a richly detailed master-design fully deserving of the abundant coin they would pour out. And they want senior captains to orchestrate the divisions of designers, to ensure that every last billion bucks be designed most efficient, and from day one work exceeding well. These unelected gods of modern capital need calculation, precision, definition, drawings, designs, details, words, sums, proposals, papers, plans, plus a thousand other tangibles.

They will not make the call on simple unsupported visions.

I know how you think - the rules say you must send your most battle-scarred and successful captains to whore for whomever pays the highest, to the most profitable of clients. And have we not followed the rules all these years, my colonel? But I would now beg you observe a higher rule; to send your captain where he really counts, to help turn out the sort of masterwork that would practically beg for investment, to help ensure that the final call is made in favour of his people. For this is the sort of project that can make or break a faltering country. For this is the sort of pivotal fight that is fought but a few times per generation. One does not need an MBA to figure that out.

Are we in business purely for the profit? Have we absolutely no other principles? If so, we may as well be drug dealers.

Give this to me, my colonel, unleash me, and command me go where I matter most.

LC

Edited by LostCommand

y do you keep on buggin' me?

---------------------------------------------

"Too Shy To Say"

You make me smile

You make me sing

You make me feel good everything

You bring me up

When I've been down

This only happens when you're around

And I can't go on this way...

With it stronger every day...

But being too shy to say

That I really love you...

I wanna fly

Away with you

Until there's nothing more for us to do

I wanna be

More than a friend

Until the end of an endless end

With it stronger every day...

But being too shy to say

That I really love you...

Feelin' it stronger every day...

But being too shy to say

That I really love you

Ohh.. ooh...

I... do...

you know who you are.

i hope you understand why we're doing this. kung sa tingin nyo ang babaw namin, ang immature namin, then so be it. but we're built this way. i hope you respect our decision.

we're not burning bridges, we're not turning our backs on friendship. it's just that at this point, we need to start over on our own. i'm quite sure our paths will cross at some point.

friends till the end.

n & s

Edited by chipmaker