Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

It is a good thing President Duterte is the president during this covid-19 outbreak. I'd hate to think what would happen to us if it were Roxas or Poe.

baka nga di na tayo umabot sa ganito kung yung 2 ang naging presidente... 2019 pa nCOV pero ayaw patigil ang byahe galing china kasi baka daw magalit to.

Hopefully, the president gets the emergency powers that he needs in this time of crisis.

It's been a week since he got his emergency powers.. Ano na? Asan na? May ginagawa ba? He has the money and the power he needs already pero he always just says "I plan to; plano ko; ang gagawin natin; etc etc" Wala bang actual na ginagawa that would actually help solve this aside from the ECQ.

"President will address the nation at 4:00pm, DST (Duterte Standard Time)"

He is NOT fit to run this country specially at this time.

I'm bored and annoyed. Fight me

It's been a week since he got his emergency powers.. Ano na? Asan na? May ginagawa ba? He has the money and the power he needs already pero he always just says "I plan to; plano ko; ang gagawin natin; etc etc" Wala bang actual na ginagawa that would actually help solve this aside from the ECQ.

"President will address the nation at 4:00pm, DST (Duterte Standard Time)"

He is NOT fit to run this country specially at this time.

I'm bored and annoyed. Fight me

He is not fit to run this country because you said so? What do you call the P5,000 to P8,000 cash aid to low-income families that the president has approved? What do you call the one million sets of PPEs for health workers that the government purchased? What about the prize freeze on commodities? What about the economic team of the president crafting a stimulus package for MSMEs? What about ramping up covid-19 test facilities? It was tentatively scheduled at 4 pm but we should cut the president some slack since this is an extraordinary problem. This is a world crisis the likes of which the world has never seen. This invisible virus has brought the world to its knees and no empire or tyrant in history has done this. Even the high and mighty oil industry has been brought down to its knees. Puro ka reklamo when you are just probably in your house fiddling with your cellphone or watching Netflix. Can you do anything to assuage the spread of this scourge? I guess not. But wait, you can in your own small way. Stay at home and fiddle with your phone or watch Netflix.

Edited by lee sawyer

Excepts from @HiddenTruthPH:

https://www.facebook.com/HiddenTruthPH/posts/sino-nga-ba-talaga-ang-nag-utos-at-nagplanong-patayin-si-dating-sen-benigno-nino/705901482935759/

"...Danding might [have] had Ninoy killed not because he hated Ninoy but because he believed the death of Ninoy will overthrow Marcos (by people power) and will catapult his cousin Cory to power and ensure continuity of their influence on national affairs..."

"...the yellow family used propaganda on our people in 1986. Anger was their tool. They used Ninoy’s death to fuel the public’s rage. Didn’t you ever stop and think why they left Ninoy's face to look like a bloody pulp during his open casket funeral? They presented a hero? no, a "martyr."

They had slogans, they had a color, and they had music. They had all these propaganda devices. The spin was so successful and they got the Filipino people to get rid of Marcos to further their own agendas. (oligarchy/monopoly. privatization of govt owned institutions and services)..."

"...Raul Gonzalez, ... came upon a witness in Ninoy’s case when he was Sandiganbayan prosecutor during Cory’s term.

Gonzalez reportedly went to President Cory to tell her about the witness’s willingness to testify on the condition that she and her three children would be protected by the state. The report said that before Cory would agree to the terms, the President asked Gonzalez who would the witness name as mastermind in the killing of her husband.

When Gonzalez said that she would name Danding, Cory reportedly responded, “Impossible. It cannot be.” The President reportedly refused the witness’ request for protection. The witness eventually disappeared.

In September 2004, in an interview with reporters, Gonzalez said the brains behind Ninoy’s assassination could have been unmasked had he been allowed to finish the prosecution of the case as Tanodbayan in 1986. Gonzalez was suspended as Tanodbayan by the Supreme Court in 1986 as he was preparing to present the witness in Ninoy’s case.

In 2004, Gonzalez identified the witness as a girlfriend of a general who accompanied the latter to Carlston Hotel the day before Ninoy was assassinated.

"When I was suspended, she (witness) refused to testify. She can testify because of what she knows," Gonzalez said..."

Curious lang, why did the witness did not re appear during GMA's term?

He is not fit to run this country because you said so? What do you call the P5,000 to P8,000 cash aid to low-income families that the president has approved? What do you call the one million sets of PPEs for health workers that the government purchased? What about the prize freeze on commodities? What about the economic team of the president crafting a stimulus package for MSMEs? What about ramping up covid-19 test facilities? It was tentatively scheduled at 4 pm but we should cut the president some slack since this is an extraordinary problem. This is a world crisis the likes of which the world has never seen. This invisible virus has brought the world to its knees and no empire or tyrant in history has done this. Even the high and mighty oil industry has been brought down to its knees. Puro ka reklamo when you are just probably in your house fiddling with your cellphone or watching Netflix. Can you do anything to assuage the spread of this scourge? I guess not. But wait, you can in your own small way. Stay at home and fiddle with your phone or watch Netflix.

yung mga ginagawa ng gobyerno, panay reactive lang sa mga problema. never mo nakitang proactive.

• Like (+1) 1

yung mga ginagawa ng gobyerno, panay reactive lang sa mga problema. never mo nakitang proactive.

Isa ka pang reklamador. Like I said, this is a world crisis the likes of which the world has never seen. Nobody could have anticipated this. Try understanding what is happening before whining.

Edited by lee sawyer
  • Like (+1) 1

Sa mga haters ni duterte na gusto sya patalsikin - isipin nyo na lang kung sino papalit, si Leni diba naimagine nyo ba kung babalik na naman sa power mga dilawan? calamity nga lang sa tacloban hindi nla naresolve e kht buhos na yung tulong coming from different countries. ito pa kayang buong pilipinas., Im not saying tama lahat gngwa or desisyon ni duterte pero di hamak naman sya pinaqualified maglead satin at this point, ang problema kasi puro kayo bash puro reklamo may nabasa lang sa facebook e puro fakenews naman.

WE ARE FILIPINOS

THAT ....whinning..... is what filipinos do

kahit sino presidente pa lagay mo dyan

we have to change that.....

we should start now

lets start by helping our country...our community...our friends snd families...OURSELVES

LET THIS COVID 19 be the PEOPLE POWER of 2020

OUR COMMON ENEMY NOW IS COVID 19

• Like (+1) 1

Curious lang, why did the witness did not re appear during GMA's term?

It is implied in the article quoted re. Raul Gonzalez : "...The President (Cory) reportedly refused the witness’ request for protection. The witness eventually disappeared...."

You think the witness disappeared because she went into hiding?

Listening to the president late, late, late last night, I felt for him. The country has many ills, from entitled, classless senators and the misguided bootlickers in the NBI down to the hooligans who in fear and ignorance beat up health care workers on their way home from grueling and grim work.

Then again, he ran for president knowing what sort of a nation we are. Maybe if he wasn't such a shill for Xi Jin Ping and that sick communist leadership we'd have been better off.

No, wait. We definitely would have been better off.

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe if he wasn't such a shill for Xi Jin Ping and that sick communist leadership we'd have been better off.

Comparing how the Chinese government managed the Wuhan crisis, to how the system is becoming overwhelmed in the US, I'm not sure which of the two leaderships is sick.

Comparing how the Chinese government managed the Wuhan crisis, to how the system is becoming overwhelmed in the US, I'm not sure which of the two leaderships is sick.

Let's see...one government lied and, as a result, caused more deaths worldwide than if it had just been honest. But the CCP can't be honest, communists never are.

Let's see...one government lied and, as a result, caused more deaths worldwide than if it had just been honest. But the CCP can't be honest, communists never are.

Do you mean regarding the number of deaths in Wuhan? I also noticed that the number of Chinese infections has remained at 80,000+++ while the US, Italy and Spain have surpassed them in number of infections. It is either they have extraordinary control measures or they are lying through their teeth.

It is Dominguez's rejection of Senator Marcos' suggestion that is narrow-sighted and not Senator Marcos' suggestion which makes perfect sense since we are in a crisis. Dominguez's "palabra de honor" excuse is as lame as it can get. With a moratorium on debts, the government can focus on distributing funds for those in need instead of paying off its debts.

What was it the Chinese lied about?

It's all subjective. If you don't believe anything they say, then all will be lies.

The US has been forewarned as early as January. The problem is both the federal government and the American people themselves underestimated the threat. They only have themselves to blame, unfortunately.

I wouldn't equate dishonesty with being a communist as I will never assume a democrat is inherently honest. Anybody, regardless of his political or religious belief, can be honest or dishonest depending on the situation.

Do you mean regarding the number of deaths in Wuhan? I also noticed that the number of Chinese infections has remained at 80,000+++ while the US, Italy and Spain have surpassed them in number of infections. It is either they have extraordinary control measures or they are lying through their teeth.

No, not the number of deaths, but the decisiveness and focus of their leadership in coping with the pandemic.

USA is now so divided on petty politics that it can't get its act together.

OK, so you won't believe the 80,000+ cases.

You think there's more. So do I.

But I don't think Chinese government is lying. Like all the other countries hit, they did not have enough testing equipment to determine the number of cases at the outset of the epidemic. There's a possibility that many of the initial deaths were not recorded as covid-related.

China and Iran were the first one hit. Nobody knew then how to handle it. But the Chinese government were able to do what they do best. Use their authority and political will.

And the Chinese people cooperated -- under the threat of punishment? who cares? It worked.

CNN's comment: "...Trump will continue to fulminate against WHO and China and any other targets to distract attention. Yet the record is clear: China got the epidemic under control while the US did not. China implemented a strict national lockdown while the US did not. China deployed its top technologists and companies to do the job. In fact, Trump repeatedly praised China during February, only turning on China when the situation got tough in the US..."

source: https://cnnphilippines.com/world/2020/4/13/US-coronavirus-world-s-highest-death-toll.html?fbclid=IwAR3XtaiH_0VWIbYKPgzuPqyqqn3ALQpoy3se2TC4LHU53IYT7foAJIc2CoI#.XpPNth5Uxh4.facebook

US response is reactive, China is lying (did, they always lie), Philippines is also reactive.

The country that should have been emulated by many is Taiwan ( sadly they're not part of WHO because China says so)

Dun sa nagsabing lahat daw ay hindi nakapaghanda - f#&k that, nakalimutan mo Yung Taiwan (proactive country), wag nang mag-deny, super reactionary din ang admin at in denial pa noong January, February.

Sampalin daw ang veerus, pwe

Virus will die a natural death... Pwe

No need to ban Chinese daw - unfair daw - isang malaking pwe.

Mababa daw ang cases ng pinas, pwe (number 1 na tayo sa South East Asia, partida magsisimula pa lang ang mass testing)

Putanginang hating gabing talkshow yan - kung kelan nahihimbing na ang mga tao - pwe

500 na allowance sa mga health worker - p#tang$na naman, ilalagay nila sa peligro buhay nila tapos 500 per day, pucha naman.

Thank you China for the veerus talaga. p#ta