Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

Duque should be replaced. proven corrupt since the days of former president GMA. lalong na-expose during this pandemic. Mas lumalabas pagiging negosyante kesa doctor.

Could you give more details on why he should go?

My impression, when the Senators made a resolution asking for his replacement, was that they just wanted to get back at Duque for allowing the news to leak out that the Senators demanded privileges to get priority covid testing from DOH.

Edited by camiar
  • 2 weeks later...

I cant understand why people are saying the philippine government is worst. I mean what is your reference? Singapore? South korea? Japan? These are 1st world countries. India? Indonesia? Thailand? Vietnam. I mean they have as much covid cases the same as ours. What they have is a high mortality rate. But really if you think about it, if indeed they have a high mortality rate then why is it they are nlt the benchmark of WHO in the way patients should be treated. I say their stats are also padded.

The "wokes" love to criticize the Anti-Terrorism bill when there is nothing wrong with it. I challenge the moronic "wokes" to find what is unconstitutional in the Anti-Terrorism bill. I just bet they are criticizing it because it is the fad this week. :lol:

Edited by lee sawyer

The "wokes" love to criticize the Anti-Terrorism bill when there is nothing wrong with it. I challenge the moronic "wokes" to find what is unconstitutional in the Anti-Terrorism bill. I just bet they are criticizing it because it is the fad this week. :lol:

The fads:

#BlackLivesMatter -- nakikisali sila kasi may EJK daw dito. #DrugPushersLivesMatter?

#JunkTerrorBill -- OK, fine, whatever.

"Terror Bill", whatever it is, will be junked, but the Anti-terror Bill will pass into law.

Edited by camiar

The fads:

#BlackLivesMatter -- nakikisali sila kasi may EJK daw dito. #DrugsPushersLivesMatter?

#JunkTerrorBill -- OK, fine, whatever.

"Terror Bill", whatever it is, will be junked, but the Anti-terror Bill will pass into law.

Yes, they don't even know what hashtags they are making. There is no terror bill. Only an anti-terror bill. The "wokes" are clueless as to what the anti-terror bill is. They are only criticizing for the sake of being "in".

• 2 weeks later...

Mga galit sa anti terror bill are groups that are affiliated with a terrorist group like the NPA.

like angel locsin? Pia w? catriona g?

hindi pa ba nagagasgas ang argumentong yan?

Yes, they don't even know what hashtags they are making. There is no terror bill. Only an anti-terror bill. The "wokes" are clueless as to what the anti-terror bill is. They are only criticizing for the sake of being "in".

if you think a little more, it is called a terror bill because it tend to sow more terror than avoid it.

i have read the bill a lot of times, and i understood it.

it is just giving too much power to the government to abuse.

in the right government, ok... but what against an oppressive one?

the crimes enumerated there in the ATB are just rehash of criminal acts under our laws.

useless naman

Namimiss ko yung mga dating nagpo-post dito.

Ang tatanga ng mga post ngayon.

pag hindi ka sang-ayon, tanga na agad.

eh di wow!

Could you give more details on why he should go?

My impression, when the Senators made a resolution asking for his replacement, was that they just wanted to get back at Duque for allowing the news to leak out that the Senators demanded privileges to get priority covid testing from DOH.

ganun kababaw? ayos ah!

until now, bilib ka pa rin kay duque?

like angel locsin? Pia w? catriona g?

hindi pa ba nagagasgas ang argumentong yan?

if you think a little more, it is called a terror bill because it tend to sow more terror than avoid it.

i have read the bill a lot of times, and i understood it.

it is just giving too much power to the government to abuse.

in the right government, ok... but what against an oppressive one?

the crimes enumerated there in the ATB are just rehash of criminal acts under our laws.

useless naman

If you say so. Perhaps, you might wanna point out what section in the Bill of Rights the anti-terror bill violates.

If you say so. Perhaps, you might wanna point out what section in the Bill of Rights the anti-terror bill violates.

never said that... but if you insist.

section 29 of the terror bill (aka ATB) pertaining to warrantless arrests violates section 1 of the Bill of Rights which states No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law

also, section 25 of the terror bill empowers the ATC to determine a person or group "terrorists"..... kinda arbitrary, dont you think?

again, for a good government, ok. but for an oppressive one?

baka kung mga dilaw ang nasa pwesto at gamitin sa mga DDS ang batas na yan, mga DDS naman ang iiyak.

Edited by jopoc
  • Like (+1) 1

pag hindi ka sang-ayon, tanga na agad.

eh di wow!

nabasa mo na ba yung mga post na tinutukoy ko? o baka naman ikaw ang nagpost nun kaya affected ka masyado.

ganun kababaw? ayos ah!

until now, bilib ka pa rin kay duque?

Hindi dahil bilib ako sa kanya. Wala lang akong nakikitang dahilan kung bakit dapat sya tanggalin.

section 29 of the terror bill (aka ATB) pertaining to warrantless arrests violates section 1 of the Bill of Rights which states No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of law

also, section 25 of the terror bill empowers the ATC to determine a person or group "terrorists"..... kinda arbitrary, dont you think?

baka kung mga dilaw ang nasa pwesto at gamitin sa mga DDS ang batas na yan, mga DDS naman ang iiyak.

Good explanation.

No govt should ever have such extreme powers.

Specially THIS office.

nabasa mo na ba yung mga post na tinutukoy ko? o baka naman ikaw ang nagpost nun kaya affected ka masyado.

Hindi dahil bilib ako sa kanya. Wala lang akong nakikitang dahilan kung bakit dapat sya tanggalin.

nag react lang, ako na ang pinagbibintangan na nagpost at affected masyado na agad.

eh di wow!!!

eh kung masaya ka na 3 months na hindi pa bumababa ang daily infection rate, eh di wala ngang dahilan para palitan si duque.

nag react lang, ako na ang pinagbibintangan na nagpost at affected masyado na agad.

eh di wow!!!

eh kung masaya ka na 3 months na hindi pa bumababa ang daily infection rate, eh di wala ngang dahilan para palitan si duque.

Si Duque ba ang problema?

Yun ang tinatanong ko.

Baka naman may ibang dahilan.

Pag sinabi mong si Du30 ang problema, wala tayong paguusapan. Mauuwi lang sa palitan ng tangang posts. Sawa na ko dyan.

Pero kung talagang gusto mo ng discussion kung ano ang tunay na problema, game ako. Gusto ko talagang malaman kung meron ba talagang maling ginagawa si Duque.

Section 29 also states that and I quote " Immediately after taking custody of a person suspected of committing terrorism or any member of a 20 group of persons, organization or association proscribed under Section 26 hereof, the law enforcement agent or military personnel shall notify in writing the judge of the court nearest the place of apprehension or ari-est of the following facts: (a) the time, date, and manner of arrest; the location or locations of the detained suspect/s and the physical and mental condition of the detained suspect/s. The law enforcement agent or military personnel shall likewise furnish the ATC and the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) of the written notice given to the judge." I don't see how it violates of the Constitution.

Edited by lee sawyer

Si Duque ba ang problema?

Yun ang tinatanong ko.

Baka naman may ibang dahilan.

Pag sinabi mong si Du30 ang problema, wala tayong paguusapan. Mauuwi lang sa palitan ng tangang posts. Sawa na ko dyan.

Pero kung talagang gusto mo ng discussion kung ano ang tunay na problema, game ako. Gusto ko talagang malaman kung meron ba talagang maling ginagawa si Duque.

so, tell me, sino ang problema?

o baka naman wala kang nakikitang problema?

Section 29 also states that and I quote " Immediately after taking custody of a person suspected of committing terrorism or any member of a 20 group of persons, organization or association proscribed under Section 26 hereof, the law enforcement agent or military personnel shall notify in writing the judge of the court nearest the place of apprehension or ari-est of the following facts: (a) the time, date, and manner of arrest; the location or locations of the detained suspect/s and the physical and mental condition of the detained suspect/s. The law enforcement agent or military personnel shall likewise furnish the ATC and the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) of the written notice given to the judge." I don't see how it violates of the Constitution.

notifying is not due process.... due process is the right to be heard.

also, if the case is bailable, he too has the right to immediately post bail.

what is the point of notifying the court and the CHR? kahit sa news pa nila ireport yan.... yung taong nakakulong, nakakulong pa rin, wala pa rin chance to be heard.

notifying is not due process.... due process is the right to be heard.

also, if the case is bailable, he too has the right to immediately post bail.

what is the point of notifying the court and the CHR? kahit sa news pa nila ireport yan.... yung taong nakakulong, nakakulong pa rin, wala pa rin chance to be heard.

The fact that the court will be notified means the court knows that there is an arrest. These are the facts that should be presented to the court: the time, date, and manner of arrest; the location or locations of the detained suspect/s and the physical and mental condition of the detained suspect/s. The law enforcement agent or military personnel shall likewise furnish the ATC and the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) of the written notice given to the judge. If they become "desparecidos", the court would know who to question and try if need be. The suspects will have the right to be heard in court once the military personnel gather enough evidence against him.

Edited by lee sawyer

Consider, too, the government's track record for implementing laws. Taking even recent examples like the lockdown with unclear rules and their uneven implementation.

Sa isang banda napaka-Draconian, sa kabilang banda naman napaka-lenient. Ito yung konteksto ng pagpasa nitong batas. Gustuhin man ng tao na maniwalang magiging patas ang implementasyon, di ganyan ang nangyayari.