Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

The fact that the court will be notified means the court knows that there is an arrest. These are the facts that should be presented to the court: the time, date, and manner of arrest; the location or locations of the detained suspect/s and the physical and mental condition of the detained suspect/s. The law enforcement agent or military personnel shall likewise furnish the ATC and the Commission on Human Rights (CHR) of the written notice given to the judge. If they become "desparecidos", the court would know who to question and try if need be. The suspects will have the right to be heard in court once the military personnel gather enough evidence against him.

ikaw kaya makulong sa hinala lang?

one night in jail and see how terrifying it is. especially considering the jails we have now.

and besides, what is the point of a longer period to file case? why would they arrest a person kung wala naman evidence?

ilatag na kung meron.

Consider, too, the government's track record for implementing laws. Taking even recent examples like the lockdown with unclear rules and their uneven implementation.

Sa isang banda napaka-Draconian, sa kabilang banda naman napaka-lenient. Ito yung konteksto ng pagpasa nitong batas. Gustuhin man ng tao na maniwalang magiging patas ang implementasyon, di ganyan ang nangyayari.

the more power we give to the government, the more safety nets should be given to the people.

ikaw kaya makulong sa hinala lang?

one night in jail and see how terrifying it is. especially considering the jails we have now.

and besides, what is the point of a longer period to file case? why would they arrest a person kung wala naman evidence?

ilatag na kung meron.

Hindi naman siguro basta-basta mangaaresto yung mga militar at police kung walang ebidensiya, especially, that the court knows about this. Kung hindi ka terorista, hindi ka dapat matakot sa batas na ito.

Edited by lee sawyer

Hindi naman siguro basta-basta mangaaresto yung mga militar at police kung walang ebidensiya, especially, that the court knows about this. Kung hindi ka terorista, hindi ka dapat matakot sa batas na ito.

I think that's kind of Jopoc's point. Ang hirap ng inaasa natin sa "hindi naman siguro basta-basta" at "hindi ka dapat matakot kung hindi ka terorista." We've had some leaders we didn't trust so we can imagine how we'd feel if we left important things up to their interpretation. Where the law has problematic loopholes that should be of concern to us all.

All the evidence in the past, and I'm talking general history here, suggests that as a State expands its power it becomes less trustworthy rather than more. Thus his argument/appeal to put more safety nets in for the public.

tell that to the families of those soldiers who were killed by the police in jolo.

look at the proposed law again, all the enumerated "terroristic activities" are already named crimes in other laws. and nangyari lang is that it was branded as "terrorism" to give the government more power.

mahirap yung tagging ng "terrorista" kasi madali mag brand ng tao. from calling people DDS to Dilawan to tanga to bobo, etc..... branding lang lahat yan, and it is a dangerous thing to be tagged or described as something. you punish the act, not the kind of person.

tell that to the families of those soldiers who were killed by the police in jolo.

look at the proposed law again, all the enumerated "terroristic activities" are already named crimes in other laws. and nangyari lang is that it was branded as "terrorism" to give the government more power.

mahirap yung tagging ng "terrorista" kasi madali mag brand ng tao. from calling people DDS to Dilawan to tanga to bobo, etc..... branding lang lahat yan, and it is a dangerous thing to be tagged or described as something. you punish the act, not the kind of person.

Seriously? You are associating a misencounter to the anti-terror bill. Strawman argument.

Regarding the proposed law giving government more power is your opinion. You are entitled to that.

Hindi ka naman huhulihin kung walang ebidensiya na terrorista ka. Like I said, you don't need to fear the anti-terror bill if you are not a terrorist.

Edited by lee sawyer

Consider, too, the government's track record for implementing laws. Taking even recent examples like the lockdown with unclear rules and their uneven implementation.

Sa isang banda napaka-Draconian, sa kabilang banda naman napaka-lenient. Ito yung konteksto ng pagpasa nitong batas. Gustuhin man ng tao na maniwalang magiging patas ang implementasyon, di ganyan ang nangyayarAc

Actually, it's the mayors who implement it. In Manila, I can say we have a relatively pleasant lockdown. In some cities, though, I can't say the same.

so, tell me, sino ang problema?

o baka naman wala kang nakikitang problema?

Hindi ako naghahanap kung sino ang problema.

I admit, wala akong nakikitang problema sa policies ng DOH, but admittedly they have financial and logistical resource problems, usual problems yun.

Ini-imply mo may nakikita kang problema kay Duque. Pero mukhang nagkukunwari ka lang na "in the know", pero wala ka rin talagang nalalaman.

Puro kasi "eh di wow" lang ang kaya mong isulat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by camiar

Hindi ako naghahanap kung sino ang problema.

I admit, wala akong nakikitang problema sa policies ng DOH, but admittedly they have financial and logistical resource problems, usual problems yun.

Ini-imply mo may nakikita kang problema kay Duque. Pero mukhang nagkukunwari ka lang na "in the know", pero wala ka rin talagang nalalaman.

Puro kasi "eh di wow" lang ang kaya mong isulat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ok... i guess you also cheered when roque shouted that "we" beat UP.

congrats.

walang financial and logistical problems ang DOH, usual problem? eh, sino nga ba ang head ng DOH na hindi naayos yang "usual problem"? hindi ba siya ang nagrerequest ng budget at nag jujustify ng request?

Seriously? You are associating a misencounter to the anti-terror bill. Strawman argument.

Regarding the proposed law giving government more power is your opinion. You are entitled to that.

Hindi ka naman huhulihin kung walang ebidensiya na terrorista ka. Like I said, you don't need to fear the anti-terror bill if you are not a terrorist.

no, it is not a strawman's argument, it is a proof that the police are reckless much more to give them more power.

hindi ka huhulihin kung walang ebidensya na terorista ka? eh ilan na nga pinatay na walang ebidensya.... sasabihin either misencounter or nanlaban.

the bill is giving the government more power is not an opinion... it is a fact.... read and understand the bill.

im sorry.. pero personally natatawa nalang ako pag may mga taong hindi naniniwala na mas madaling abusuhin ang ATB..

i believe all of us are well aware naman of how corrupt people either plant false evidences or twist things to their favor.. just this period, ilan na ba ang mga nangyaring ganito?

sure! higpitan ang batas - that is all fine. pero para saan pa ang paghihigpit kung palpak naman ang pagpapatupad at hindi mapagkatiwalaan ang mga tagapagpatupad?

Edited by getsumei
  • Like (+1) 1

im sorry.. pero personally natatawa nalang ako pag may mga taong hindi naniniwala na mas madaling abusuhin ang ATB..

i believe all of us are well aware naman of how corrupt people either plant false evidences or twist things to their favor.. just this period, ilan na ba ang mga nangyaring ganito?

sure! higpitan ang batas - that is all fine. pero para saan pa ang paghihigpit kung palpak naman ang pagpapatupad at hindi mapagkatiwalaan ang mga tagapagpatupad?

true..... feeling nila, matitino ang mga pulis.

take note, meron naman iilang matitino na pulis.....

Edited by jopoc

no, it is not a strawman's argument, it is a proof that the police are reckless much more to give them more power.

hindi ka huhulihin kung walang ebidensya na terorista ka? eh ilan na nga pinatay na walang ebidensya.... sasabihin either misencounter or nanlaban.

the bill is giving the government more power is not an opinion... it is a fact.... read and understand the bill.

We were discussing the anti-terrorism bill. The alleged "misencounter" has nothing to do with the anti-terrorism bill, hence, the strawman argument. The bill giving the government more power is your opinion. This does not violate the Constitution.

We were discussing the anti-terrorism bill. The alleged "misencounter" has nothing to do with the anti-terrorism bill, hence, the strawman argument. The bill giving the government more power is your opinion. This does not violate the Constitution.

sure, you are entitled to turn a blind eye that the "misencounter" (if that is what you believe in) does not show the recklessness of the police, which makes them more dangerous with the terror law.

if you really dont believe that the law does not give the government more power, eh di ok! wala na tayo magagawa dyan.

Bakit mo pahihinain ang batas in this case is ATB dahil lang sa "baka"? Kung may mahihina namang tao para magimplement nito sila yun gproblem hindi yung batas. HIndi naman engot si Sen. Lacson sa paksang terorismo, ang layung naman nito ay ma proteksyonan ang ordinaryong mamamayang Pilipino.

Bago naman matapos IRR nito ilang panahon na lang tapos na termino ni Du30. So sa 2022 na magkakaalaman sino magtutuloy nito. Kung manalo Dilaw e di ma ammend niya yung batas. Yung nga lang sa tingin ko 0 na LP sa 2022 senate.

sure, you are entitled to turn a blind eye that the "misencounter" (if that is what you believe in) does not show the recklessness of the police, which makes them more dangerous with the terror law.

if you really dont believe that the law does not give the government more power, eh di ok! wala na tayo magagawa dyan.

I put quotation marks because it is still under investigation so it is still not conclusive if it is a misencounter.. Now, you are entitled to your opinion that the anti-terror law is prone to abuse. I already gave you reasons as to why it won't be abused and my reasons are based on the bill itself.

Edited by lee sawyer

Bakit mo pahihinain ang batas in this case is ATB dahil lang sa "baka"? Kung may mahihina namang tao para magimplement nito sila yun gproblem hindi yung batas. HIndi naman engot si Sen. Lacson sa paksang terorismo, ang layung naman nito ay ma proteksyonan ang ordinaryong mamamayang Pilipino.

Bago naman matapos IRR nito ilang panahon na lang tapos na termino ni Du30. So sa 2022 na magkakaalaman sino magtutuloy nito. Kung manalo Dilaw e di ma ammend niya yung batas. Yung nga lang sa tingin ko 0 na LP sa 2022 senate.

hindi naman yan about duterte o dilaw.. its about the law itself and how weak the safeguards are.

not everybody is a lacson who can be a fugitive for a non-bailable and win his case without going to jail.

not everybody is a JPE who can be granted bail just because he is old

not everybody is a bong revilla who can be acquitted just on a story that his assistant got hundreds of million without him knowing.

not everybody is a GMA who can have her case dismissed by merely appealing a denied demurrer

my point is, the judicial system in the Ph is weak at the moment. there is a need first to fix it before we grant the government the power to brand or label people or groups as "terrorists"

• Like (+1) 1

hindi naman yan about duterte o dilaw.. its about the law itself and how weak the safeguards are.

not everybody is a lacson who can be a fugitive for a non-bailable and win his case without going to jail.

not everybody is a JPE who can be granted bail just because he is old

not everybody is a bong revilla who can be acquitted just on a story that his assistant got hundreds of million without him knowing.

not everybody is a GMA who can have her case dismissed by merely appealing a denied demurrer

my point is, the judicial system in the Ph is weak at the moment. there is a need first to fix it before we grant the government the power to brand or label people or groups as "terrorists"

That can be argued also with road safety laws. The police and monitoring system is weak, there's a need to fix it first before giving government the power to brand or label people or groups as "violators".

Then again, we don't do that.

ok... i guess you also cheered when roque shouted that "we" beat UP.

congrats.

What does Roque's cheering have anything to do with Duque? Why would I cheer about inconsequential matters?

You can't find any arguments against Duque, so you're trying ad hominem on me?

walang financial and logistical problems ang DOH, usual problem? eh, sino nga ba ang head ng DOH na hindi naayos yang "usual problem"? hindi ba siya ang nagrerequest ng budget at nag jujustify ng request?

The DOH Secretary is supposed to make do with whatever budget Congress allocates to the department. How does insufficient budget become the fault of Duque?

Besides, did he and Congress know in advance, before the 2020 budget allocations were made, that we're going to have a Covid-19 Pandemic?

Edited by camiar

That can be argued also with road safety laws. The police and monitoring system is weak, there's a need to fix it first before giving government the power to brand or label people or groups as "violators".

Then again, we don't do that.

like more CCTVs and not just rely on sabi ni enforcer "swerving ka"

a weak argument.

if you cannot comprehend the argument

What does Roque's cheering have anything to do with Duque? Why would I cheer about inconsequential matters?

You can't find any arguments against Duque, so you're trying ad hominem on me?

The DOH Secretary is supposed to make do with whatever budget Congress allocates to the department. How does insufficient budget become the fault of Duque?

Besides, did he and Congress know in advance, before the 2020 budget allocations were made, that we're going to have a Covid-19 Pandemic?

there is thing called pandemic preparedness.... and how did the government, duque and the congress fare on that?

isnt duque, as the head of the DOH, be the one who remind the congress to allocate budget for that? and as SOH, should he be the one who should lead on the pandemic and health crisis preparedness of the country?

at the moment the first covid case entered in the ph, how did duque react? he was against closing borders.

it was only when there was increase of covid cases that the DOH advised on the closing of borders.

it is duque's job to remind the government to be ready against a pandemic or any health crisis.

there is thing called pandemic preparedness.... and how did the government, duque and the congress fare on that?

isnt duque, as the head of the DOH, be the one who remind the congress to allocate budget for that? and as SOH, should he be the one who should lead on the pandemic and health crisis preparedness of the country?

at the moment the first covid case entered in the ph, how did duque react? he was against closing borders.

it was only when there was increase of covid cases that the DOH advised on the closing of borders.

it is duque's job to remind the government to be ready against a pandemic or any health crisis.

Just as I thought.

You have nothing against Duque.

All you can ask are hypothetical and general questions.

Command responsibility? That's a given.

Not worth discussing.

As I have said earlier, kung hanggang dyan ka lang, magpapalitan lang tayo ng mga tangang posts. Sawa na ko dyan.

I'm looking for a specific credible case that shows Duque directly mismanaging a government action vs. covid-19 to warrant firing him.

Honestly, I'm not aware if there's one. Without information showing otherwise, I support Du30's decision to retain him.

Apparently, you have nothing on him, too, other than innuendos from yellow media. So quit pretending that you're in the know about the issues vs. Duque.

• 3 weeks later...