I think people are more discerning now to know how to fact check.

Unlike in the previous 10-15 years where the only source of news and information are the mainstream newspapers, radio, and television. During those times, oligarch-controlled media are very effective in influencing the political opinions of the masses.

Yeah. That is now a problem for the oligarch. They can't easily sway the masses since almost everyone has access to the internet. They can now see the "real" story.

Yes Mocha is very effective in counter-weighing the Yellow oligarch-controlled media like the Inquirer and ABS-CBN.

The current administration know how to use effective counter-propaganda strategies.

Through their own propaganda.

Yan na ba sinasabi ko eh...

Panay putok ng butsi ninyo about bias yellow media na kasinungalingan ang pinagkakalat na balita and yet kapag pakawala ni duterte ang mga dutertards says amen to that.

Yeah...which is why the presidential appointee mocha uson who thrives in social media is very credible to the dutertards.

What specifically Mocha did wrong? Do you know a specific issue that she lied intentionally? She supports DU30 so she just defend him thru social media.

Whatever the claims and counter-claims are on propaganda, I just want to point out that the current administration knows how to counter oligarch/yellow propaganda through social media using internet and cellphone technology.

So what if they're using counter-propaganda vs. the yellow's?

Edited by camiar

Whatever the claims and counter-claims are on propaganda, I just want to point out that the current administration knows how to counter oligarch/yellow propaganda through social media using internet and cellphone technology.

So what if they're using counter-propaganda vs. the yellow's?

Please give us one example of yellow propaganda - yung galing sa mainstream media lang ha.

I would like you to prove to me that the mainstream media is, as you say, controlled by the yellows and is spreading propaganda.

I would like to see an obvious attempt to malign, like this one spread by Mocha.

Laylayanomics, is the VPs project to help those in the fringes of society. Why the f#&k is Atty Bruce criticizing the VPs attempt to help the poor, and why the f#&k is Mocha sharing it?

post-113812-0-30808400-1496945880_thumb.jpg

Please give us one example of yellow propaganda - yung galing sa mainstream media lang ha.

I would like you to prove to me that the mainstream media is, as you say, controlled by the yellows and is spreading propaganda.

I would like to see an obvious attempt to malign, like this one spread by Mocha.

Inquirer willing to print lies to make Abnoy look good.

post-206207-0-84237000-1496988969_thumb.jpg

Inquirer reporter, TJ Burgonio wrote:

"It was a moment of glory for President Aquino, but the honor of landing in Time’s 100 most influential people of the world in 2012 belongs to the country, the Chief Executive told reporters in an interview in Lapu-lapu City.

Mr Aquino said he was merely a “face” of Filipinos, who have always been there for him…" - this write-up claims Abnoy acknowledged in his interview the Man-of-the-year award and in all humility was passing the honor to the Filipino people... what a joke!

post-206207-0-85500200-1496989531_thumb.jpg

An obvious ad hominem. Inquirer making an obvious attempt to malign

“The photo montage featured 4 pictures of defense witness Demetrio Vicente in unflattering poses with the following caption: ‘Character witness: The many faces of Demetrio Vicente on the witness stand. He’s no ordinary witness after all. He’s the cousin of the Chief Justice whose wife sold him seven parcels of land in 1990, where he now grows bonsai.'”

Demetrio looked like that because he had just suffered from a stroke that paralyzed half his body and face. Inquirer used the image on the newspaper front page to create a comical and doubtful image of CJ Corona's defense witness.

I can give you hundreds more examples from yellow media. Inquirer, ABS-CBN, BusinessWorld, Philippine Star, DZMM etc....

Edited by camiar

Inquirer willing to print lies to make Abnoy look good.

attachicon.gifPNoy Man of the year.JPG

Inquirer reporter, TJ Burgonio wrote:

"It was a moment of glory for President Aquino, but the honor of landing in Time’s 100 most influential people of the world in 2012 belongs to the country, the Chief Executive told reporters in an interview in Lapu-lapu City.

Mr Aquino said he was merely a “face” of Filipinos, who have always been there for him…" - this write-up claims Abnoy acknowledged in his interview the Man-of-the-year award and in all humility was passing the honor to the Filipino people... what a joke!

attachicon.gifInquirer propaganda.JPG

An obvious ad hominem. Inquirer making an obvious attempt to malign

“The photo montage featured 4 pictures of defense witness Demetrio Vicente in unflattering poses with the following caption: ‘Character witness: The many faces of Demetrio Vicente on the witness stand. He’s no ordinary witness after all. He’s the cousin of the Chief Justice whose wife sold him seven parcels of land in 1990, where he now grows bonsai.'”

Demetrio looked like that because he had just suffered from a stroke that paralyzed half his body and face. Inquirer used the image on the newspaper front page to create a comical and doubtful image of CJ Corona's defense witness.

I can give you hundreds more examples from yellow media. Inquirer, ABS-CBN, BusinessWorld, Philippine Star, DZMM etc....

Considering you had to dig up articles from several years ago, shows that it doesn't happen often enough to be considered propaganda media.

In the case of Pnoy in the front cover of time magazine, the photo may be incorrect but the content is accurate (Pnoy was part of Times 100 most influential). Now the question is this: Did The Inquirer reporter knowingly put this photo to mislead the viewer or was he simply just a victim of fake news himself (meaning he saw it in the internet, thought it was genuine, and posted it)? If you think about it, why would risk his reputation by knowingly publishing a fake photo that he knows would easily be exposed considering that Time is a widely publicized magazine. I think it was just an honest mistake.
In the case of Demetrios article, yes the picture was distasteful, but, again, the content remains genuine.

Dutertartds and Yellowtards came from the same mass of voters who voted for Abnoy in 2010.

Both of them believed the yellow propaganda against GMA when Abnoy was running for president. Naloko sila ng oligarch media.

Later, many of them realized how inept Abnoy and his LP cohorts were, through alternative internet media and voted for Duterte.

Internet alternative media has effectively reduced mainstream oligarch-controlled yellow media's effectiveness in controlling the people's opinions nowadays.

These days, pro-duterte propaganda are dominating the alternative media. Not that I mind -- It's OK with me. As long as people learn to source their info from multiple independent sources that mainstream media would be hard pressed to control.

Proliferation of fake news are most probably deliberate attempts by some in the mainstream media to discredit and raise doubts on the information coming out of the internet. But that would backfire on the fake news makers because people will learn fast to be more discerning and become more adept in vetting the truth behind any news item.

That I agree with. The way the Dutertards bash dissenting opinions is something the Abnoytards did back when he was so popular. https://philippinesthesickmanofasia.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/resorts-world-manila-kamusta.html

Considering you had to dig up articles from several years ago, shows that it doesn't happen often enough to be considered propaganda media.

In the case of Pnoy in the front cover of time magazine, the photo may be incorrect but the content is accurate (Pnoy was part of Times 100 most influential). Now the question is this: Did The Inquirer reporter knowingly put this photo to mislead the viewer or was he simply just a victim of fake news himself (meaning he saw it in the internet, thought it was genuine, and posted it)? If you think about it, why would risk his reputation by knowingly publishing a fake photo that he knows would easily be exposed considering that Time is a widely publicized magazine. I think it was just an honest mistake.
In the case of Demetrios article, yes the picture was distasteful, but, again, the content remains genuine.

You asked for just one example, and I gave you two. I chose the most obvious examples not just for you, but for other readers to easily understand my point. Ngayon palusot ka pa na it's not happening often enough.

You're showing how naive you are about media propaganda.

I see everyday how the yellow media twist and spin the news for their propaganda campaign. Obviously, you fail to see them (deliberately or otherwise).They are good, if I may say so myself --- well worth the money the oligarchs and vested interest groups are spending on them.

Next time you read the mainstream newspaper keep a look out for their twists on the news, for example:

1. When they report on a drug bust with casualties, they focus on the fatality, his personal misfortune, his poverty, and the anguish of the family. No emphasis in their report on his links with drug syndicate, his police record, the amount of drugs intercepted and recovered, or statements from police operatives. Their reports are almost always social commentaries, rather than cold hard facts of a crime report.
  2. Whenever there is a report on major projects like power plants, international gateway airports, seaports, new roads, the news will always show emphasis on "poor farmers / fishermen / residents, etc..." who might be displaced, the environmental impact, and how expensive the project will be. Now. dig deeper to find out who the proponents of those projects are. You'll see that if the proponents are non-oligarch private companies, you'll see the negative twists. If they are oligarch-led, only good things are reported.
  3. Emphasis on tracking corruption cases and highlighting the failures of Duterte. But no media coverage on Duterte's economic plans and reforms in governance.
  4. Focusing on the plight of the poor, and highlighting the role of opposition groups in providing those needs. Again, without media coverage of what the government agencies are doing already.
Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

You asked for just one example, and I gave you two. I chose the most obvious examples not just for you, but for other readers to easily understand my point. Ngayon palusot ka pa na it's not happening often enough.

You're showing how naive you are about media propaganda.

I see everyday how the yellow media twist and spin the news for their propaganda campaign. Obviously, you fail to see them (deliberately or otherwise).They are good, if I may say so myself --- well worth the money the oligarchs and vested interest groups are spending on them.

Next time you read the mainstream newspaper keep a look out for their twists on the news, for example:

1. When they report on a drug bust with casualties, they focus on the fatality, his personal misfortune, his poverty, and the anguish of the family. No emphasis in their report on his links with drug syndicate, his police record, the amount of drugs intercepted and recovered, or statements from police operatives. Their reports are almost always social commentaries, rather than cold hard facts of a crime report.
  2. Whenever there is a report on major projects like power plants, international gateway airports, seaports, new roads, the news will always show emphasis on "poor farmers / fishermen / residents, etc..." who might be displaced, the environmental impact, and how expensive the project will be. Now. dig deeper to find out who the proponents of those projects are. You'll see that if the proponents are non-oligarch private companies, you'll see the negative twists. If they are oligarch-led, only good things are reported.
  3. Emphasis on tracking corruption cases and highlighting the failures of Duterte. But no media coverage on Duterte's economic plans and reforms in governance.
  4. Focusing on the plight of the poor, and highlighting the role of opposition groups in providing those needs. Again, without media coverage of what the government agencies are doing already.

Walang palusot dito. Your examples are hardly propaganda. If those are the best examples you can give, then you are failing miserably. Not to mention you had to go all the way back to 2013 to find mistakes. Like I said, there were bad judgement with the pictures, but the contents remain true. One doesn't digest a news article by just looking at pictures or reading headlines.
Now I wont deny that reports may sometimes be subjected to influence (bribery, coercion,...whatever) but guess what? It happens to all administrations - yes even Panot's. To claim that the yellows control mainstream media is absurd. In contrast, if you look at the likes of Mocha, Thinking Pinoy, Sass, etc. there is no doubt as to who they favor. So tell me, where do you get your news source from?
  • Like (+1) 1

Walang palusot dito. Your examples are hardly propaganda. If those are the best examples you can give, then you are failing miserably. Not to mention you had to go all the way back to 2013 to find mistakes. Like I said, there were bad judgement with the pictures, but the contents remain true. One doesn't digest a news article by just looking at pictures or reading headlines.
Now I wont deny that reports may sometimes be subjected to influence (bribery, coercion,...whatever) but guess what? It happens to all administrations - yes even Panot's. To claim that the yellows control mainstream media is absurd. In contrast, if you look at the likes of Mocha, Thinking Pinoy, Sass, etc. there is no doubt as to who they favor. So tell me, where do you get your news source from?

OK. Be happy and just stay blissfully unaware of how your opinions are being influenced by yellow propaganda in mainstream media.

For the rest of the other readers in this forum, just be aware that not all you get from media are true. Always get an alternative sources of information. Be discerning.

One good thing that came out from Sec. aguirre's "blunder" of trying to link these "yellow polititians" to the Marawi incident is that it magnified how this admin use fake news as propaganda. Good thing hindi nagpagamit at pumalag ang press na sila ang maging scape goat sa sinasabi niyang "he was misinterpreted".

Next time Mr Secretary matuto ka naman umestima, hindi lahat eh tangang sunud-sunuran lang at madaling mapaniwala at sesegunda na lang sa mga pakulo ninyo.

Discerning? You cant even name your "alternative sources of information". Are you afraid you wont be able to defend your source's credibility?

For DDS the likes of Mocha is credible ...So what if they use counter propaganda or fake news as long as the president is "protected" from any attcks or criticisms.