There are many sophisticated way to hack an email account without triggering an account lockout. One is if the hacker is able to get access to a computer that the staff has used to access that mail account from. With the proliferation of web mail, where one can access his account from any computer, this is not actually impossible.

For example, if i went to a cyber cafe and log in to my gmail account and subsequently authorize that computer to accept logins from that rented computer. Anybody can just use that computer and re use the login credentials and gmail wouldn’t be the wiser as it was previously whitelisted as a safe access.

It’s easy to get passwords from web forms, even if the previous user has already logged out. For one, the hacker could have used a keylogger. Or he could just have used some browser tricks to reveal the password (as some browsers actually save these passwords in a keychain).

Personally, i don’t know what the fuss is all about even if it the so called conspiracy is true. Even the government is doing destabilization plot on these so called yellows (remember aguirre’s plot to destroy hontiveros?), why cant the yellows do the same. That is simply called politics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So kung ganun ang view nyo sa rappler, paano naman ang CNN Philippines?

Tinatanong pa ba yun?

CNN Philippines presents Philippine news from the point of view of the Americans.

It may be 100% Filipino owned, corporate-wise, but it has the USA in its heart and mind.

I don't know if you can find logic to this analogy, but to me, CNN Philippines is like a mistress, while Rappler is a hooker -- mas may dignidad ang CNN Philippiines, pero pareho lang silang hindi legitimate wife. Bayaran.

Edited by camiar

So if what Camiar is saying is true and they closed Rappler down due to it being allegedly influenced by foreign entities, why did they not do the same with all of these other media networks at the same damned time?

Tsaka kung ganun lang ang excuse niyo, how about all those Chinese (or Japanese, Korean) newspapers that are being distributed in their respected communities? I'm sure you've seen these in Binondo and elsewhere. If I remember correctly a lot of Filipino Chinese aren't Filipino citizens, yet these people can invest in a mass media publication. They are written, printed and distributed within the Philippines for mass consumption.

By right, they are all defined as mass media, correct? Is the law being applied equally or only to those that the government doesn't like?

So if what Camiar is saying is true and they closed Rappler down due to it being allegedly influenced by foreign entities, why did they not do the same with all of these other media networks at the same damned time?

Tsaka kung ganun lang ang excuse niyo, how about all those Chinese (or Japanese, Korean) newspapers that are being distributed in their respected communities? I'm sure you've seen these in Binondo and elsewhere. If I remember correctly a lot of Filipino Chinese aren't Filipino citizens, yet these people can invest in a mass media publication. They are written, printed and distributed within the Philippines for mass consumption.

By right, they are all defined as mass media, correct? Is the law being applied equally or only to those that the government doesn't like?

What an assumption to make such a conclusion. :D

Edited by haroots2

So can you say these other media publications aren't funded by outside entities? As in 100% sure?

Those chinese newpapers like United Daily News, World News are already circulating for too long. They don't need millions from foreign investment to run an existing printing press. The only issue I know about them is the One China Policy because some of them are from Taiwan.

So on this, because theyve been circulating for a long time, is ok with you?

I smell double standard. I a apply niyo lang yun law (strictly, at that) kapag means ito para matanggal ang critics, no?

Meron ba sinasabi sa constitution how much should be invested bago ito lumalabag sa law of foreign ownership?

Tk, hindi naman hahabulin ng sec ang mga chinese newspaper outfits dito sa pinas. As if naman marunong sila magbasa ng chinese characters para mabasa kung ano man ang pambabatikos nito sa gobyerno ni digong. Hahahahaha

May pagka timang lang kasi yun reasoning nila. Labag daw sa constitution ang rappler, pero yun iba dyan hinahayaan lang.