Di ba nga dapat pa matuwa yung mga pro-DU30 sa report na yan kasi it gives more reason for the war on drugs? :blink: Teka, ano na nga ba ulit label dito sa SWS, part din ng "yellow media"?

Ok, sige, matuwa na lang tayo sa Headline nila "Tumaas ang Krimen, Dumami ang Adik,at di na ligtas sa daan" fine, NEWs naman yan kasi at di naman OLDs. Bakit nga ba news ang tawag sa current events? Seriously?

Ok, sige, matuwa na lang tayo sa Headline nila "Tumaas ang Krimen, Dumami ang Adik,at di na ligtas sa daan" fine, NEWs naman yan kasi at di naman OLDs. Bakit nga ba news ang tawag sa current events? Seriously?

SWS data released on Monday, reported by media outfits on Tuesday. Survey data taken before new President holds office, which actually serves as a good baseline. If SWS conducts a similar survey afterwards, they can compare data from right before DU30 held office with data from his first few months in office.

Sensationalized headlines did not suddenly appear when DU30 took office in Malacanang. Dati pa ginagamit ng media yan to catch people's attention so that they will read the article. Mind you, sensationalized doesn't necessarily mean false. Usual exaggerations in trade ang tawag dyan. At ayon sa Article 1340 ng Civil Code, "The usual exagerrations in trade, where the other party had the opportunity to know the facts, are not in themselves fraudulent." And let's face it, the media is a business. Those media companies don't do what they do for "public service", even if that's what they try to sell to you.

Ang moral of the story: wag puro headline ang basahin.

Di ba nga dapat pa matuwa yung mga pro-DU30 sa report na yan kasi it gives more reason for the war on drugs? :blink: Teka, ano na nga ba ulit label dito sa SWS, part din ng "yellow media"?

Look at the header of the report:

Fear of burglary, unsafe streets, drug addicts rise: survey

Di ba misleading agad iyan kasi hindi mo naman agad iisipin na may survey na lalabas 3 months ago pa. Bakit hindi gawin nila yan sa presidential survey tapos ilabas nila 3 months ago tignan ko kung walang aangal na partido.

Pwede naman nilang i release yung survey na yan agad pero bakit gagawing baseline eh meron namang datos ang PNP regarding sa crime commited.

Edited by haroots2

Di ba misleading agad iyan kasi hindi mo naman agad iisipin na may survey na lalabas 3 months ago pa. Bakit hindi gawin nila yan sa presidential survey tapos ilabas nila 3 months ago tignan ko kung walang aangal na partido.

Pwede naman nilang i release yung survey na yan agad pero bakit gagawing baseline eh meron namang datos ang PNP regarding sa crime commited.

kaya kailangan 'magbasa" ...

at pag sinabing magbasa hindi lang headline kundi yun laman mismo ng balita.

===============

Parang itong balita ... Duterte effect ba ito? Samantalang ang figures na sinasabi ay for the first 9 months.

Investment pledges soar 49% to P286 B

http://www.philstar....-soar-49-p286-b

Investors continue to bet big on the Philippines despite the negative publicity the country has been getting from the spate of drug-related killings and President Duterte’s controversial pronouncements.

Investment pledges approved by the Board of Investments (BOI) in the nine months ending September 2016 soared 49 percent year-on-year to P286.44 billion, the agency’s managing head Ceferino Rodolfo said yesterday.

Edited by rooster69ph

SWS measures perception. Kaya nga "Fear of". Hindi simply "burglary, drug addicts rise" which PNP data has based on reported crimes, not through surveys. In short, magkaiba ang sinusukat ng SWS data sa PNP data, although you can use empirical research methods to draw a correlation between the two sets of data.

I don't know about the others, but I wasn't misled to thinking anything after reading the header because my instinct is to read the details of the article to get information. The header in itself is not false, but it doesn't present a complete picture either - as do most headers. You can only fit so much information in one line. It's just a line that's supposed to catch your attention so you will read the article.

So I take it the SWS is presumed to be part of, or is in partnership with, the "yellow media"? Para lang clear kung ano yung mga sources na may halong kulay.

So I take it the SWS is presumed to be part of, or is in partnership with, the "yellow media"? Para lang clear kung ano yung mga sources na may halong kulay.

I'm sure that survey is done and verified for release July pa bakit ngayon lang nilabas? What's the point of fear if it may not be applicable now. Ang may fear ngayon ay yung mga nasa listahan na drug pusher kaya sila ngayon ang takot lumabas at nagtatago na.

I know that you can't misinterpret the headline but you know the answer if the lower class read it lalo na kung ganyan din ang headline sa tabloid.

I'm sure that survey is done and verified for release July pa bakit ngayon lang nilabas? What's the point of fear if it may not be applicable now. Ang may fear ngayon ay yung mga nasa listahan na drug pusher kaya sila ngayon ang takot lumabas at nagtatago na.

I know that you can't misinterpret the headline but you know the answer if the lower class read it lalo na kung ganyan din ang headline sa tabloid.

Actually ok pa nga kung ganyan lang ang headline sa tabloid. Tame pa nga yan kasi ibang level talaga sensationalized headline sa tabloid. Favorite words ko sa tabloid headline ang "timbog", "tiklo", "todas", etc. Haha. Ewan ko din kung bakit ngayon lang nilabas ng SWS yang survey data na yan. So again, ang sinasabi ba dito eh in cahoots with the "yellow army" ang SWS?

Pero yun nga, pabor pa sa war on drugs ang survey data na yan. Madali i-spin na it's a rising public concern that needs to be addressed immediately and decisively, and that is whtat the government is doing now. Tapos. No need for politically incorrect references to the nazis and the holocaust. Di mahirap para kay Andanar, o kahit kay Yasay pa, na i-spin yan kumpara sa pag-spin sa public statements ni Digong lately.

So who is at fault? Who are you blaming for trying to mislead? SWS or ABS?

Actually ok pa nga kung ganyan lang ang headline sa tabloid. Tame pa nga yan kasi ibang level talaga sensationalized headline sa tabloid. Favorite words ko sa tabloid headline ang "timbog", "tiklo", "todas", etc. Haha. Ewan ko din kung bakit ngayon lang nilabas ng SWS yang survey data na yan. So again, ang sinasabi ba dito eh in cahoots with the "yellow army" ang SWS?

Pero yun nga, pabor pa sa war on drugs ang survey data na yan. Madali i-spin na it's a rising public concern that needs to be addressed immediately and decisively, and that is whtat the government is doing now. Tapos. No need for politically incorrect references to the nazis and the holocaust. Di mahirap para kay Andanar, o kahit kay Yasay pa, na i-spin yan kumpara sa pag-spin sa public statements ni Digong lately.

Tama ka this survey should help the govt. on their current war on drugs to justify their immediate actions. But the survey came too late. Ang dami nang nag react and it reaches worldwide na.

SWS

Para magkaliwanagan lang ...

Then why are you blaming the headline ...for misleading? Eh talaga naman kakalabas lang ni SWS nun survey when they reported it. At tama ka naman na medyo late na nilabas ni SWS siguro ang survey results.

Di ba misleading agad iyan kasi hindi mo naman agad iisipin na may survey na lalabas 3 months ago pa.

Para magkaliwanagan lang ...

Then why are you blaming the headline ...for misleading? Eh talaga naman kakalabas lang ni SWS nun survey when they reported it. At tama ka naman na medyo late na nilabas ni SWS siguro ang survey results.

Alam nilang history na yung survey kaya dapat dinugtungan nila na during Pnoys time.

May intent talaga ang SWS diyan sa survey release na iyan na makisabay sa issue ngayon.

Alam nilang history na yung survey kaya dapat dinugtungan nila na during Pnoys time.

May intent talaga ang SWS diyan sa survey release na iyan na makisabay sa issue ngayon.

point taken...

but i guess if it favors your idol you should also react the same way ... hindi "seen zone" lang.

Investment pledges soar 49% to P286 B

http://www.philstar....-soar-49-p286-b

Investors continue to bet big on the Philippines despite the negative publicity the country has been getting from the spate of drug-related killings and President Duterte’s controversial pronouncements.

Investment pledges approved by the Board of Investments (BOI) in the nine months ending September 2016 soared 49 percent year-on-year to P286.44 billion, the agency’s managing head Ceferino Rodolfo said yesterday.

So for instance hindi ba sa headline sa taas dapat sinabi rin na bulk of the pledges were during PNoy's time?

Or better to really prove that Investors continue to bet on the Philippines despite the negative publicity it would be better to show or use the pledges for the 3 month period that he is in office rather than using the past nine months figures where wala naman siyang kinalaman doon.

In fact if you ask economist, yun mga pleges na nakukuha this early on may be still the trickle effect of the past Admin. Maaring nakalinya o nasa pipeline na talaga ang mga eto kasi dati pa trinabaho at ngayon lang na finalized.

Edited by rooster69ph
  • 2 weeks later...

The media plays a key role in shaping peoples minds and also to make them do things. Take for example EDSA 2. Media was instrumental in making the people angry and convince people that ERAP stole from the govt coffers. Kahit hindi napatunayan in the court of law, people are convinced and will be very hard for them to unlearn should new evidence comes out that he was just set up. Mahirap na yan.

Now itong mga Dutertards naman... Dutertards dont read books, novels or watch intellectually stimulating films. They like basura, telenovelas, love songs. They hate reading. How do they keep informed? Through memes. Yes. The intellectuals still reads novels, the masa class C and D only read memes and snippets. You can put a misleading headline and the reaction will only be based on what that headline says not on its contents. Because the masa class are the stupidest in the country. These are the same people who voted for Penoy. Now they act like they never voted for Penoy. They do not engage in debates for they cannot debate. They like to gang up on someone with a dissenting opinion and if your nose is flat will make fun of it too. If you are careless and post pictures of your kids on your profile they will make fun of them too. They are not very smart. And their kind of thinking and logic is shaped by memes and chismis. A very smart politician will take advantage of this that is why Mar Roxas likes to spread memes though they backfired he was on the right track. They failed because the administration of Noynoy Abnoynoy was a failure.

Anyway, memes and facebook snippets is the new media.

http://philippinesthesickmanofasia.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/mga-dutertards-ay-mga-ugok.html

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The media plays a key role in shaping peoples minds and also to make them do things. Take for example EDSA 2. Media was instrumental in making the people angry and convince people that ERAP stole from the govt coffers. Kahit hindi napatunayan in the court of law, people are convinced and will be very hard for them to unlearn should new evidence comes out that he was just set up. Mahirap na yan.

Now itong mga Dutertards naman... Dutertards dont read books, novels or watch intellectually stimulating films. They like basura, telenovelas, love songs. They hate reading. How do they keep informed? Through memes. Yes. The intellectuals still reads novels, the masa class C and D only read memes and snippets. You can put a misleading headline and the reaction will only be based on what that headline says not on its contents. Because the masa class are the stupidest in the country. These are the same people who voted for Penoy. Now they act like they never voted for Penoy. They do not engage in debates for they cannot debate. They like to gang up on someone with a dissenting opinion and if your nose is flat will make fun of it too. If you are careless and post pictures of your kids on your profile they will make fun of them too. They are not very smart. And their kind of thinking and logic is shaped by memes and chismis. A very smart politician will take advantage of this that is why Mar Roxas likes to spread memes though they backfired he was on the right track. They failed because the administration of Noynoy Abnoynoy was a failure.

Anyway, memes and facebook snippets is the new media.

http://philippinesthesickmanofasia.blogspot.com.au/2016/10/mga-dutertards-ay-mga-ugok.html

It's not only the "Dutertards" who are like that. The "Yellowtards" are also like that. I supported Duterte pero gusto kong pag-uuntugin mga Dutertards at Yellowtards because most of the time, puro baluktot ang reasoning and madaling maniwala sa fake news.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not only the "Dutertards" who are like that. The "Yellowtards" are also like that. I supported Duterte pero gusto kong pag-uuntugin mga Dutertards at Yellowtards because most of the time, puro baluktot ang reasoning and madaling maniwala sa fake news.

Agree ako. Binoto ko din si Duterte because I believe in his policy. I want to see his promises become reality - fast trains, federalism etc. I support Martial Law in Mindanao, and if ISIS spreads in Manila I will support Martial Law in the whole country. But Dutertards are really dumb. When WAC came out with their LeniLeaks pasabog, the Dutertards attacked WAC because their reason is "baka pakawala ang WAC ng dilawan" ang tatanga nila. Binabasag nga nila ang Robredo myth tapos pakawala ng dilawan? They cant see the writing on the wall. And they worship Sass and Thinking Pinoy and will believe anything they say.

The dilawans on the other hand you should not underestimate. They are evil and they are elitists. They spread fake news too, but their audience are Dutertards, no preaching to the choir. Oh they are too smart for that. The only reason they are opposing Duterte is because they want to keep the status quo. They spread fake news to control the Dutertards. They ban intellectual Duterte supporters, they cannot debate against them or they will be exposed.

Agree ako. Binoto ko din si Duterte because I believe in his policy. I want to see his promises become reality - fast trains, federalism etc. I support Martial Law in Mindanao, and if ISIS spreads in Manila I will support Martial Law in the whole country. But Dutertards are really dumb. When WAC came out with their LeniLeaks pasabog, the Dutertards attacked WAC because their reason is "baka pakawala ang WAC ng dilawan" ang tatanga nila. Binabasag nga nila ang Robredo myth tapos pakawala ng dilawan? They cant see the writing on the wall. And they worship Sass and Thinking Pinoy and will believe anything they say.

The dilawans on the other hand you should not underestimate. They are evil and they are elitists. They spread fake news too, but their audience are Dutertards, no preaching to the choir. Oh they are too smart for that. The only reason they are opposing Duterte is because they want to keep the status quo. They spread fake news to control the Dutertards. They ban intellectual Duterte supporters, they cannot debate against them or they will be exposed.

Dutertartds and Yellowtards came from the same mass of voters who voted for Abnoy in 2010.

Both of them believed the yellow propaganda against GMA when Abnoy was running for president. Naloko sila ng oligarch media.

Later, many of them realized how inept Abnoy and his LP cohorts were, through alternative internet media and voted for Duterte.

Internet alternative media has effectively reduced mainstream oligarch-controlled yellow media's effectiveness in controlling the people's opinions nowadays.

These days, pro-duterte propaganda are dominating the alternative media. Not that I mind -- It's OK with me. As long as people learn to source their info from multiple independent sources that mainstream media would be hard pressed to control.

Proliferation of fake news are most probably deliberate attempts by some in the mainstream media to discredit and raise doubts on the information coming out of the internet. But that would backfire on the fake news makers because people will learn fast to be more discerning and become more adept in vetting the truth behind any news item.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 1

Dutertartds and Yellowtards came from the same mass of voters who voted for Abnoy in 2010.

Both of them believed the yellow propaganda against GMA when Abnoy was running for president. Naloko sila ng oligarch media.

Later, many of them realized how inept Abnoy and his LP cohorts were, through alternative internet media and voted for Duterte.

Internet alternative media has effectively reduced mainstream oligarch-controlled yellow media's effectiveness in controlling the people's opinions nowadays.

These days, pro-duterte propaganda are dominating the alternative media. Not that I mind -- It's OK with me. As long as people learn to source their info from multiple independent sources that mainstream media would be hard pressed to control.

Proliferation of fake news are most probably deliberate attempts by some in the mainstream media to discredit and raise doubts on the information coming out of the internet. But that would backfire on the fake news makers because people will learn fast to be more discerning and become more adept in vetting the truth behind any news item.

People must be smart enough to verify the story before believing and spreading that news. The problem is, people believe everything they see as it is. Never checking the details or the information stated and accept it as the "truth." One example is the "MRT color coding" of Risa Hontiveros. I don't like her but that is just plain stupidity. And people believed it.

People should know what to believe, what is real and what is fake.

People must be smart enough to verify the story before believing and spreading that news. The problem is, people believe everything they see as it is. Never checking the details or the information stated and accept it as the "truth." One example is the "MRT color coding" of Risa Hontiveros. I don't like her but that is just plain stupidity. And people believed it.

People should know what to believe, what is real and what is fake.

I think people are more discerning now to know how to fact check.

Unlike in the previous 10-15 years where the only source of news and information are the mainstream newspapers, radio, and television. During those times, oligarch-controlled media are very effective in influencing the political opinions of the masses.