Dc And Marvel Universe

I agree with khumpleetist and revi, ok yung arc ng GL so hindi ko rin siya bibitawan :D

Eventhough masakit sa bulsa, I'm trying to get all the tie ins sa DWS kaso ok naman sila, yung problema yung sa SI kasi baka nga madaming tie ins :boo:

My girlfriend has just started a new hobby which is comics, siya na yung kumukuha ng FF4 ngyon, sabi nga nya bitin daw yung story comics and can't wait for the next issue even sa Wolvi (DWS tie) ganda daw ng story with Mystic haha :cool:

Great to hear that your gf understands the hobby and reads as well. Out of this week's new issues eh Wolverine yung pinakagusto ko! :cool: Hindi ganun katindi yung storya pero ang galing magsulat ni Jason Aaron! Brian Bendis was clever in sneaking up a continuity key point sa Mighty Avengers too.

@revi

I can say I'm disappointed din sa X-factor kasi first nde ko gusto yung art pati yung mga characters nila, I just get it dahil tie in siya sa DWS. I'm thinking narin itigil yung pagkuha ko ng next issue nito. But I'll continue getting Wolvie, X-Force and all X-Men titles just like you said bro malapit na yung issue #500.

with SI I'll follow your suggestion to get yung may Major events na titles na for sure nga yung Avengers titles, same with Final Crisis :D

Plan din ng gf ko mag dagdag ng titles this week, baka pasa ko na lang sa kanya yung GL :D

@ khumpleetist

uu nga kaw ang mamahagi ng chicks samin dito haha!

I'm a litle bit disappointed sa X-Factor kasi parang hindi mo talaga kailangang basahin ito w/regards to DWS, no offense to X-Factor readers. While I was reading up to the point na nagising na si Rictor eh alam ko na kung sino ang kalaban pero di ko maalala yung pangalan but the last page helped. The art was much better bro and I like it. This would've been much better if they continued the story w/Layla Miller's story.

I'd recommed to continue Wolverine. X-Force is not bad at all so recommended din. Ang mahina lang sa akin so far dito sa DWS eh X-Fator at X-Men: Legacy. Cable is also weak but I can forgive it because it's new and besides it's the main continuation of Messiah Complex for me. GL and GLC are really building up towards Blackest Night ang hirap bitawan! :angry:

Ui, wala akong chicks dito ah. Ako nga nanghihingi sa 'yo eh. Hahaha! :lol:

maganda kaya yung TANGET-JLA series........

i like the THOR series...

but i do look forward to the AVENGERS/INVADERS series ( 12 issue )...........

Green Lantern is the BEST DC continuing series so far...........ACTION COMICS might not be far behind ( Brainiac saga ).........

JLA - kinda boring while JSA story takes toooooooooooooo lonnnnnnnnnnng....... <_<

swerte naman nyo talaga dami comics collect nyo......ako pinagsasabihan ako na to stop .....

tulad dati collect ng mga SOC....now dyan lan sa tabi tabi nilalaro lang ng mga bata...... :unsure:

i still remember my mom threw my NEW TEEN TITANS # 1( 1980 ) sa trash when i was a kid....di ko na mahanap........... :blush:

Mukhang hindi maganda yang Tangent kasi kelanagan pang i-tie up sa Justice League para lang ma-promote. <_<

The art for Thor saves the book immediately kaya ok 'to plus issue # 7 has Marko Djurdjevic's first full issue interior art! :thumbsupsmiley:

Can't wait for that Avengers/Invaders but I guess I have to pass. Ala na akong budget. Hehe. :blush:

Green Lantern is one of the best currently and I'd recommen to get GL Corps as a compliment.

JLA is on a medicore lately while JSA is quite slow nga but it's better.

Pinatitigil na nga ako ng nanay ko eh, idol nga kita sa pagpipigil at paglimit ng series. :cool:

Ano yung SOC bro? :unsure:

Swerte naman ng nakupulot nung New Teen Titans mo!

Great to hear that your gf understands the hobby and reads as well. Out of this week's new issues eh Wolverine yung pinakagusto ko! :cool: Hindi ganun katindi yung storya pero ang galing magsulat ni Jason Aaron! Brian Bendis was clever in sneaking up a continuity key point sa Mighty Avengers too.

I'm a litle bit disappointed sa X-Factor kasi parang hindi mo talaga kailangang basahin ito w/regards to DWS, no offense to X-Factor readers. While I was reading up to the point na nagising na si Rictor eh alam ko na kung sino ang kalaban pero di ko maalala yung pangalan but the last page helped. The art was much better bro and I like it. This would've been much better if they continued the story w/Layla Miller's story.

I'd recommed to continue Wolverine. X-Force is not bad at all so recommended din. Ang mahina lang sa akin so far dito sa DWS eh X-Fator at X-Men: Legacy. Cable is also weak but I can forgive it because it's new and besides it's the main continuation of Messiah Complex for me. GL and GLC are really building up towards Blackest Night ang hirap bitawan! :angry:

Ui, wala akong chicks dito ah. Ako nga nanghihingi sa 'yo eh. Hahaha! :lol:

I might stop getting X-Factor but I'll continue getting X-Force and Wolverine titles :D

haay tambak nanaman ako ng 1 set sa CO sa gale so babalikan ko pa siya tommorow plus the new titles na lumabas this week :boo: gastos huhu hahaha pero it's better gumastos kesa maiwan sa story :D

@all/reachard/khumpleetist:

Comic Odyssey is on a three day sale on their back issues.. I went to Robinsons Galleria a while ago, and I got surprised when I saw that they are on sale.. I bought several back-issues at 50% off.. Dapat kasi umabot ng P2K ang bibilhin mo para maging 50% ang discount.. Buti na lang nagkita kami ng isang friend ko.. Naghati na lang kami para umabot sa 2K ang bibilhin namin.. I got the ff:

1) Action Comics Annual #1 - art by Art Adams - Php125

2) The Saga of the Swamp Thing #1 - Php200

3) Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #1 - Php100

4) Painkiller Jane #1.. - Php90

Yung Painkiller Jane #1 lang ang medyo bago.. All the other issues were 1980 comicbooks.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi
anybody has the Justice League New Frontier movie? How's it? may pirated na kaya yun ? dial up lang kc internet ko so its not practical to download it.... :blush:

in a scale of 1 to 10 id give it a 5, i dont know... hindi ko lang siguro trip yung movie. I was excited when i finished downloading it but when i get to watch it parang.. wala lang.. maybe kasi parang inulit lang yung story how the team was formed or something similar. Ewan ko, basta hindi ako nag enjoy eh. Maybe for the rest they'll enjoy the movie. ^_^

@all/reachard/khumpleetist:

Comic Odyssey is on a three day sale on their back issues.. I went to Robinsons Galleria a while ago, and I got surprised when I saw that they are on sale.. I bought several back-issues at 50% off.. Dapat kasi umabot ng P2K ang bibilhin mo para maging 50% ang discount.. Buti na lang nagkita kami ng isang friend ko.. Naghati na lang kami para umabot sa 2K ang bibilhin namin.. I got the ff:

1) Action Comics Annual #1 - art by Art Adams - Php125

2) The Saga of the Swamp Thing #1 - Php200

3) Tales of the Green Lantern Corps #1 - Php100

4) Painkiller Jane #1.. - Php90

Yung Painkiller Jane #1 lang ang medyo bago.. All the other issues were 1980 comicbooks.. :thumbsupsmiley:

WOW...damn I think I'll pass this week and get the comics by next week. Me and my gf went out of town last weekends so ayun gastos :boo:

Astig bro, ok yung mga nakuha mo :cool:

whew and lulupit ng mga collections nyo... :thumbsupsmiley:

btw matt fraction will be joining brubaker on uncanny x-men (got it from ign). not sure if it will start by issue 500.

in my collection...

- just dropped daredevil and spiderman

- added kickass, fantastic four

- will most likely be dropping all x-titles after the current arc or after issue 500

- still waiting for m. millar's wolverine

- might be dropping thor after the next arc (i was about to drop it but i liked the art so i'm going to get it in the meantime)

- will stop collecting the ultimate titles after ultimatum arc

- will stop with the avengers title after the secret invasion (maybe i'll just keep one just to satisfy my avengers fix... hehe)

- as for DC... just waiting for the all star titles to wrap up and i'm done with DC (well maybe not because there's still the blackest night arc coming in 2009) :goatee:

- still waiting for jim lee to finish the new wildcats book that he started with morrison

kailangan ng magbawas dahil wala na ako paglalagyan at nahihirapan na ako sa maintenance.

whew and lulupit ng mga collections nyo... :thumbsupsmiley:

btw matt fraction will be joining brubaker on uncanny x-men (got it from ign). not sure if it will start by issue 500.

in my collection...

- will most likely be dropping all x-titles after the current arc or after issue 500

- might be dropping thor after the next arc (i was about to drop it but i liked the art so i'm going to get it in the meantime)

- will stop with the avengers title after the secret invasion (maybe i'll just keep one just to satisfy my avengers fix... hehe)

- as for DC... just waiting for the all star titles to wrap up and i'm done with DC (well maybe not because there's still the blackest night arc coming in 2009) :goatee:

- still waiting for jim lee to finish the new wildcats book that he started with morrison

kailangan ng magbawas dahil wala na ako paglalagyan at nahihirapan na ako sa maintenance.

Just my thoughts on some bro, you might re-consider Daredevil because it has a lot of positive reviews. I'm w/u w/regards to dropping all X-titles after Uncanny X-Men # 500 but I'll keep Cable. Kickass was simple and yet it has a lot of promise! :cool: Ah, better hold on to Green Lantern for your DC title because it's related to Final Crisis as well as The Blackest Night storyline.

I understand you w/regards to maintenance. It's not a problem for me at the moment but it'll be... :(

storage space talaga problem ng comics........i remember 60% of my books and comics collection destroyed by anays during the early 90's......my precious SECRET WAR :( , was one of them....di pa uso yung plastic bag. or di ko linagyan. -_- plus mga Michael Jordan magazines na galing pa sa states..........and not to forget my japanese robots comic book collections ng mga mazinger z, etc. How i wish na di nangyari yan........kaya now kunti lang binibili ko at naka stored na sa maayos na place ....... :)

What's the latest with Batman?

Grant Morrison is currently writing the Batman series.. Detective Comics is sucking behind.. hehehe.. Kidding aside, Morrison's Batman is one of the best reviewed series in DC's stable of comics.. Johns' Green Lantern is the other one..

The latest news on Batman is Morrison's "Batman: RIP" arc.. Here's a link for your perusal.. http://www.dccomics.com/comics/?cm=9129

in my collection...

I am also thinking of dropping all the X-titles after Divided, but I might just stick it out with Uncanny's first storyline after #500.. But if it ends with #500, then stop na din ako..

Thor is one title, that is hard to drop.. Much like you, I might just stick it out with the Thunder God (for now).. :rolleyes:

With regards to the Avengers, I feel that Marvel's core titles are New and Mighty Avengers.. Since the House of M series, Civil War, & World War Hulk, the Avengers have been a major force in those storylines.. So, my decision is to keep in tune with these titles..

I agree with khumpleetist, I feel that you should include Green Lantern in you pull-list.. It has one of the best reviews and it seems that all the stories do really coincide with next year's "Blackest Night.." One more title that I would recommend is Morrison's Batman.. "Batman: RIP," that is.. Last but not the least, Brubaker's Captain America is also a good read and I also recommend it..

I am also currently getting Kick Ass and Fantastic Four.. BTW, Millar's FF is sold out na in Comic Odyssey.. Pati issue #2.. Sa Filbar's naman kakaunti ang dumating..

Other titles worth mentioning, IMO, are the ff:

1) The Twelve

2) Superpowers

3) New Avengers/Invaders

4) Dark Tower: The Long Road Home

5) Vertigo's Northlanders

I also need to drop several of my mainstream comics (DC and Marvel) coz I am looking forward to continue several of my indie titles.. These are Jeff Smith's RASL, Terry Moore's Echo, Dark Horse's End League, Templesmith's Dead Space, etc....

In terms of storing comicbooks naman tayo.. Storing comicbooks has been easier since the dawning of Comicboxes and plastic protectors.. Yun nga lang it does take up space.. I am kinda lucky na meron akong space for them.. Ang nagiging problema ko actually is in choosing what titles to collect.. Kung ano ang maganda at importante ang storyline.. Kung ano ang may tendency na tumaas in value.. In my case kasi, I am both a reader and a collector.. I would also love to have a comicbook that is highly sought after even though the storyline is not something I like.. Collector's instint na lang din, siguro.. hehe.. :rolleyes:

dark tower: the long road home is good (just read it yesterday) :thumbsupsmiley:

it's a good follow up to the gunslinger born arc

capt. america: still a constant on my pull list

mouse guard: i'm currently collecting the second arc. does anyone know where i could get the first arc? (in singles if possible)

i'm also just finishing up with annihilation: conquest and marvel comics presents

cable: i'm still not yet decided though the 1st issue was good

Edited by m@rky
storage space talaga problem ng comics........i remember 60% of my books and comics collection destroyed by anays during the early 90's......my precious SECRET WAR :( , was one of them....di pa uso yung plastic bag. or di ko linagyan. -_- plus mga Michael Jordan magazines na galing pa sa states..........and not to forget my japanese robots comic book collections ng mga mazinger z, etc. How i wish na di nangyari yan........kaya now kunti lang binibili ko at naka stored na sa maayos na place ....... :)

So that's how you came up with your nick eh? That was a bad experience you got there. Almost the same thing happened to my comics but I was young and didn't appreciate the collectability value but they all had comic condoms but since I'm still ignorant about comic value I wasn't able to take care of them. As early as now I'm thinking of collaborating with my relatives to store my comics at their place because this problem will come up someday unless revi allows us to store our stuff on his pad. Hehehe.

I am also thinking of dropping all the X-titles after Divided, but I might just stick it out with Uncanny's first storyline after #500.. But if it ends with #500, then stop na din ako..

Thor is one title, that is hard to drop.. Much like you, I might just stick it out with the Thunder God (for now).. :rolleyes:

With regards to the Avengers, I feel that Marvel's core titles are New and Mighty Avengers.. Since the House of M series, Civil War, & World War Hulk, the Avengers have been a major force in those storylines.. So, my decision is to keep in tune with these titles..

I agree with khumpleetist, I feel that you should include Green Lantern in you pull-list.. It has one of the best reviews and it seems that all the stories do really coincide with next year's "Blackest Night.." One more title that I would recommend is Morrison's Batman.. "Batman: RIP," that is.. Last but not the least, Brubaker's Captain America is also a good read and I also recommend it..

I am also currently getting Kick Ass and Fantastic Four.. BTW, Millar's FF is sold out na in Comic Odyssey.. Pati issue #2.. Sa Filbar's naman kakaunti ang dumating..

Other titles worth mentioning, IMO, are the ff:

1) The Twelve

2) Superpowers

3) New Avengers/Invaders

4) Dark Tower: The Long Road Home

5) Vertigo's Northlanders

I also need to drop several of my mainstream comics (DC and Marvel) coz I am looking forward to continue several of my indie titles.. These are Jeff Smith's RASL, Terry Moore's Echo, Dark Horse's End League, Templesmith's Dead Space, etc....

In terms of storing comicbooks naman tayo.. Storing comicbooks has been easier since the dawning of Comicboxes and plastic protectors.. Yun nga lang it does take up space.. I am kinda lucky na meron akong space for them.. Ang nagiging problema ko actually is in choosing what titles to collect.. Kung ano ang maganda at importante ang storyline.. Kung ano ang may tendency na tumaas in value.. In my case kasi, I am both a reader and a collector.. I would also love to have a comicbook that is highly sought after even though the storyline is not something I like.. Collector's instint na lang din, siguro.. hehe.. :rolleyes:

Wow, FF # 555 was sold out? That's nice, I'm now having second thoughts because I only bought issue # 554. Kick Ass is damn good, I guess this would be my Vertigo (I'm following Hellblazer from DC btw) counterpart for Marvel. I don't know how to rate Superpowers because I haven't opened issue # 1 but I was very satisfied w/issue # 0. How I wish I'm following The Tweleve because it would complete the current Golden Age stories that's been running around since I'm also reading The End League. I 'm on a tight budget but that New Avengers/Invaders series is really tempting plus the upcoming Guardians Of The Galaxy. Damn!

As early as now I'm thinking of collaborating with my relatives to store my comics at their place because this problem will come up someday unless revi allows us to store our stuff on his pad. Hehehe.

Bro, maliit lang ang bahay namin.. hahaha.. Ikaw talaga..

BTW, medyo delayed ang mga comics natin this week ah.. I think Filbars would be receiving their comics on Monday pa.. Kaya Tuesday pa ang delivery niyan sa mga branches.. I think Comic Odyssey would have their comics on Saturday.. Baka Sunday pa display.. Kakaunti lang ang darating kong comics this week.. These are:

1) Countdown #6

2) Thor #7

3) Captain America #36

4) Spooks #2

5) Dark Ivory #1 - first issue lang siguro ako dito (first appearance eh).. haha..

I dunno if Mice Templar and World of Warcraft are coming too.. Kaso wala sa list ng Comic Odyssey eh.. Baka undershipped, kaya next week pa ang dating ng mga ito..

Bro, maliit lang ang bahay namin.. hahaha.. Ikaw talaga..

BTW, medyo delayed ang mga comics natin this week ah.. I think Filbars would be receiving their comics on Monday pa.. Kaya Tuesday pa ang delivery niyan sa mga branches.. I think Comic Odyssey would have their comics on Saturday.. Baka Sunday pa display.. Kakaunti lang ang darating kong comics this week.. These are:

1) Countdown #6

2) Thor #7

3) Captain America #36

4) Spooks #2

5) Dark Ivory #1 - first issue lang siguro ako dito (first appearance eh).. haha..

I dunno if Mice Templar and World of Warcraft are coming too.. Kaso wala sa list ng Comic Odyssey eh.. Baka undershipped, kaya next week pa ang dating ng mga ito..

Malay mo maliit nga lang bahay mo pero malay natin baka may museum ka pala o may malaking garahe. Hahaha! :lol: Same for me, medyo kaunti lang. Eto sa akin:

- Captain Marvel # 4

- Justice League Of America # 19

- Tangent: Superman's Reign # 1

Hopefully maisama din yung Dark Ivory # 1 kasi nung simula pa lang ng March eh nag-order na ako. Just like you eh first issue lang kukunin ko dito.

Just got my Dark Ivory #1 comicbook today.. I would say that it is a good book.. The art is so-so but the story is good.. A different take on the vampire mythos, if I should describe it.. Its definitely not the Blade, Van Helsing stories.. Its more like the Queen of the Damned.. Well, that is just me, but I really feel that this book is pretty promising..

Looks like I added something again to my pull-list.. Tsk, tsk..

Haay! One more week and then its Secret Invastion time.. haha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

@khumpleetist

hands down ako sayo pare..just read one of your FR's hahaha :D

nwei moving to the thread topic

yep konti lang titles ngayon, di pa ako makakuha kasi sarado mga mall :boo:

Shhh, wag kang maingay. Sikreto lang yun. Alangya, bukas pala ang Gale nung Sabado, di tuloy ako nakakuha nung regular cover at yung variant ang nakuha ko. Pero ayos lang tutal si McGuiness naman yung naunang cover artist ng series.

Just got my Dark Ivory #1 comicbook today.. I would say that it is a good book.. The art is so-so but the story is good.. A different take on the vampire mythos, if I should describe it.. Its definitely not the Blade, Van Helsing stories.. Its more like the Queen of the Damned.. Well, that is just me, but I really feel that this book is pretty promising..

Looks like I added something again to my pull-list.. Tsk, tsk..

Haay! One more week and then its Secret Invastion time.. haha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I wasn't rserved a copy of Dark Ivory # 1, maybe it's because I failed to remind CO to resereve a copy for me when it came out although I emailed them at the start of the month. Anyway, I think it's for the better since I'm already following a lot of titles. And besides, Secret Invasion is coming up.

I just read Tangent: Superman's Reign # 1 and I think the concept is good although I don't buy the fact that Flash agreed to help the female Flash immediately.

By the way bro, I suggest you get Buddha Story Of Enlightenment # 1 from Virgin Comics. I think it's an adaptation from a novel and it's out next Thursday. Druid's Keep will be selling this one.