Dc And Marvel Universe

^

I might get more than 1 copy of DC Universe #0.. 30 Pesos lang naman, kaya hindi mabigat sa bulsa.. Might get 3.. hahaha...

Other comics I am getting are:

Green Lantern #30

New Avengers #40

XMen Legacy #210

Glamourpuss #1 :thumbsupsmiley: --- Dave Sim's Back!

I also am thinking of getting Thor: Ages of Thunder.. But just like what khumpleetist said, this week is the calm before the storm.. Even as I type this, I am still thinking of what tie-ins to get for DC's Final Crisis..

Sobrang gastos this May, buti na lang tapos na yung first storyarc ng Thor.. So, one title down ulit ako.. Yun nga lang, padami na ng padami mga indie titles ko..

Guys, read from NEWSARAMA and checked it in other comic store sites ( online order ) that DC UNIVERSE # 0 is being sold for $0.01 or FREE . Dito kaya? Will they do this?

:unsure:

I doubt that. I'd rather pay PHP30.00 to get the copy immediately. It would've been better if we'd known this earlier. What's your pull list this Sat?

well. my pull list this week are the ff:

GL # 30

DC UNIVERSE # 0

TEEN TITANS YR ONE # 4 - chk out the art

ACTION COMICS # 864

:flowers:

You guys should try DC SUPERFRIENDS - so cute and entertaining. :thumbsupsmiley:

spoilers : Barry Allen :thumbsupsmiley: is coming back soon.

Edited by mazinger

Just read the reviews.. Mukhang sobrang ganda ng Thor: Ages of Thunder, but I have to pass on this coz its not really that necessary for continuity.. DC Universe #0 also seems good.. Will get all of my pulls this Saturday.. And I can't wait to get my hands on Glamourpuss #1..

I'd like to recommend a DVD re: Marvel Comics.. Its called Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters and Marvels.. In this DVD, Kevin Smith (a known-director/writer, and a comicbook buff and writer) interviews Stan Lee.. And Stan Lee reveals stuff on how he came to create characters that evolved through time and became contemporary mythological figures that surpasses age.. One can see here, than Stan does not have the best memory in town.. He can't even remember what name he gave, Daredevil.. hahaha.. But one can never argue his great mind.. As huge as Kevin Smith is, he is in awe when he was interviewing Stan The Man Lee..

I never knew that Stan Lee and Bob Kane (creator of Batman) were good friends.. And I did not know that Stan Lee did not like the idea of Gwen Stacy getting killed.. All in all, this DVD provides good information on Stan Lee's creations, his corporate and personal life.. A must-see for a real-true-blue-comicbook-fan.. :thumbsupsmiley:

EXCELSIOR! - hehehe...

^Ei bro, Nice meeting you too..

@khumpleetist: Sana nakisingit ka na lang sa pila - sa harap namin.. Sobrang haba ng pila eh.. And nice meeting you also.. Hope nakakuha ka ng mga gusto mong titles na kasama sa FCBD list..

Free Comic Book Day was a success.. FCBD's give aways were nice.. I got the Superpowers, XMen and All Star Superman.. I was thinking of getting Hellboy:The Golden Army, but I can't give up what I got.. Comic Odyssey also gave away 20 comicbooks of our choosing, just like reachard, I got Cable #1 (kahit na doble ko na) and several others that included Shi/Cyblade #1, Maxx #1, Superman #500 and several DHP comicbooks..

Gerry Alanguilan was there to give out and sign copies of his Graphic Classics comicbook.. I have not seen Gerry for over 10 years na yata since Stone came out of the shelves.. hahaha..

Leinil Yu came in at around 3PM to sign.. He left at around 6 na yata yun.. I was able to have my blank copy of Secret Invasion and my SI Saga signed.. And even had a picture of him.. Bumili na din ako nung ibang comics that Leinil pencilled.. At pina-sign ko na din.. haha.. Kakaunti lang naman ang nagpapapirma sa kanya kaya okay lang na pabalik-balik..

Also won in a raffle, I got Ultimate Power #1 na gold variant edition.. Its priced at Php900.. The funny thing is that this is my second copy of the comic because I bought a back issue of this in Filbar's at just Php75 bucks, about a month ago.. Sheesh! haha.. Talk about luck! nyahaha!!!

Sobrang daming tao at sobrang init.. But the event was really nice.. Hope more freebies next year.. :thumbsupsmiley:

good for you guys, nag enjoy kayo. i didnt go na, nasa office kasi ako. wife and kids were at galleria. saw the long line. didnt bother to join na( sabi ko na in case di marami tao, get me few comics, i have to beg pa :upside: )............last year nakakuha ako ng 20 comics kasi kasama ko mga anak ko . tig 5 kami last yr.

@ revi

did he sketched sa Secret Invasion comic mo bro? :D

Nope.. It was understood at the on-set that he would not sketch anything.. Medyo busy sobra si Leinil because of Secret Invasion.. Yung pagpunta niya sa event ay parang consideration na lang niya for the fans and for the store.. Parang 2 and a half hours lang ang tinagal niya sa CO eh..

Saw the coming comics for this week.. Sobrang dami na nasa pull-list ko.. Here's my list:

Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters #3

Avengers/Invaders #1

Cable #3

DarkTower #3

Iron Man #1

Man with No Name #1

Secret Invasion #2 - no variants for me..hehe.. #1 lang ako sa variants

Spooks #4

Dead Space #3

Mighty Avengers #13

I am seriously thinking of getting the Finch variant for Avengers/Invaders #1.. But mukhang pass ako.. This is not a major storyline for Marvel (based on continuity), as compared to Secret Invastion and DC's Final Crisis.. And thus, the variant might not really have too much impact.. (sana!-hahaha!!!) Tutuloy ko ang Man with No Name ng Dynamite but yung Iron Man will depend on the reviews..

Will not get Young XMen #2.. Kahit kasama pa siya sa DWS tie-in.. Why? I am not an avid fan of the New Xmen or New Mutants series and the reviews on the first issue were shitty.. hahahaha...

^Ei bro, Nice meeting you too..

@khumpleetist: Sana nakisingit ka na lang sa pila - sa harap namin.. Sobrang haba ng pila eh.. And nice meeting you also.. Hope nakakuha ka ng mga gusto mong titles na kasama sa FCBD list..

Free Comic Book Day was a success.. FCBD's give aways were nice.. I got the Superpowers, XMen and All Star Superman.. I was thinking of getting Hellboy:The Golden Army, but I can't give up what I got.. Comic Odyssey also gave away 20 comicbooks of our choosing, just like reachard, I got Cable #1 (kahit na doble ko na) and several others that included Shi/Cyblade #1, Maxx #1, Superman #500 and several DHP comicbooks..

Gerry Alanguilan was there to give out and sign copies of his Graphic Classics comicbook.. I have not seen Gerry for over 10 years na yata since Stone came out of the shelves.. hahaha..

Leinil Yu came in at around 3PM to sign.. He left at around 6 na yata yun.. I was able to have my blank copy of Secret Invasion and my SI Saga signed.. And even had a picture of him.. Bumili na din ako nung ibang comics that Leinil pencilled.. At pina-sign ko na din.. haha.. Kakaunti lang naman ang nagpapapirma sa kanya kaya okay lang na pabalik-balik..

Also won in a raffle, I got Ultimate Power #1 na gold variant edition.. Its priced at Php900.. The funny thing is that this is my second copy of the comic because I bought a back issue of this in Filbar's at just Php75 bucks, about a month ago.. Sheesh! haha.. Talk about luck! nyahaha!!!

Sobrang daming tao at sobrang init.. But the event was really nice.. Hope more freebies next year.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Nice meeting you revi! :thumbsupsmiley:

Well, I got disappointed since yung mga balak kong kunin eh isa (Broken Trinity) lang ang nakuha ko at mukhang hindi separate story, mukhang preview pages lang. I've exerted effort pa naman na magpuyat para lang sa event na ito tas mauubusan lang ako sa mga hindi regular reader. Dapat tayong mga regular customers ng CO ay may privilege kung may gusto tayong kunin para maireserve naman sa atin. Nung asa loob na ako ng store eh 10 na lang ang pdeng kunin dun sa mga comic bins, ayos lang naman pero nawalan na ko ng gana kasi nga naubusan ako nung gusto ko. Ibibigay ko na lang sa kakilala ko yung 10 na nakuha ko. The only consolation is Gerry Alanguilan's comic and his signature. Tas pag-uwi ko eh umulan pa. Bad trip talaga. :angry:

My list for next Thursday

ACTION COMICS ANNUAL #11 - P250 - Last Son finally concludes! :thumbsupsmiley:

AVENGERS/INVADERS #1 - Avengers eh...

CABLE #3

COUNTDOWN TO MYSTERY #7

DARK TOWER LONG ROAD HOME #3

MAN WITH NO NAME #1 - I'm just getting the initial issue.

MIGHTY AVENGERS #13

NOVA #13 - Nova Vs. Silver Surfer!

SECRET INVASION #2

YOUNG X-MEN #2 - The last page of issue # 1 got me curious so I'll finish this initial arc.

I was thinking of getting Rann/Thangar: Holy War # 1 but I found out it ain't tied to Final Crisis but I'll probably get Reign In Hell when it comes out. House Of Mystery # 1 is a tease too but I'll pass.

@revi

I think it's a wise decision to pass on the Avengers/Invaders variant. I was thinking of getting Iron Man # 1 and following the initial arc but I just decided to get The Order # 8 where Ezekiel Stane made his debut. Btw, Ezekiel Stane is Iron Man's nemesis on the new comic.

Nope.. It was understood at the on-set that he would not sketch anything.. Medyo busy sobra si Leinil because of Secret Invasion.. Yung pagpunta niya sa event ay parang consideration na lang niya for the fans and for the store.. Parang 2 and a half hours lang ang tinagal niya sa CO eh..

sabagay pero sayang rin :P

so nameet mo na pala si "Famous Carlo" revi hehe :P

my titles for next week are

Avengers/Invaders #1

Cable #3

Iron Man #1

Secret Invasion #2 - kung kaya yung variant why not :P

Well, I got disappointed since yung mga balak kong kunin eh isa (Broken Trinity) lang ang nakuha ko at mukhang hindi separate story, mukhang preview pages lang. I've exerted effort pa naman na magpuyat para lang sa event na ito tas mauubusan lang ako sa mga hindi regular reader. Dapat tayong mga regular customers ng CO ay may privilege kung may gusto tayong kunin para maireserve naman sa atin. Nung asa loob na ako ng store eh 10 na lang ang pdeng kunin dun sa mga comic bins, ayos lang naman pero nawalan na ko ng gana kasi nga naubusan ako nung gusto ko. Ibibigay ko na lang sa kakilala ko yung 10 na nakuha ko. The only consolation is Gerry Alanguilan's comic and his signature. Tas pag-uwi ko eh umulan pa. Bad trip talaga. :angry:

Sabi nga ni Sandy sa akin ng pabulong na marami ng nagagalit nung kumukuha ako ng 20 titles ko.. He was asking us to try to hurry up ng kaunti.. He did not expect this kind of turn-out daw.. I was thinking of you when I saw that a lot of the FCBD comics are already running out.. Paubos na kasi yung Superpowers eh.. Yun pa naman ang medyo okay kunin coz its part of the series.. Di naman necessary but its nice to have it..

Sa susunod daw dadamihan na ni Sandy ang pag-order nya ng mga FCBD comicbooks.. I doubt if he could give his customers some privilege sa mga ganyang events.. Kasi ang FCBD event yata ay to encourage new readers rather than for collectors.. Nevertheless, sa susunod agahan na lang natin.. Kasi kahit ako late ng dumating eh.. Yun nga lang may friend na ako na nakapila, singit lang.. Basta kung sino mauna sa atin, singit na lang kung saan pinakamalapit.. Sumingit ka na lang sana sa amin, bro..

Kaso yung "ulan" wala na ako magagawa roon.. hahaha.. Just kidding..

Gerry Alanguilan had a lot of his comics to give away.. Kahit na nung alas-sais na, namimigay pa din siya..

@revi

I think it's a wise decision to pass on the Avengers/Invaders variant. I was thinking of getting Iron Man # 1 and following the initial arc but I just decided to get The Order # 8 where Ezekiel Stane made his debut. Btw, Ezekiel Stane is Iron Man's nemesis on the new comic.

Hmmm.. Thanks for the head's up on the Order #8.. Will look for this issue, might be a good investment for the future.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Kunin mo na lang yung Madam Xanadu sa DC/Vertigo, bro.. Parang maganda eh..

sabagay pero sayang rin :P

so nameet mo na pala si "Famous Carlo" revi hehe :P

Hindi talaga siya nag-sketch kahit kanino at kahit bayaran mo pa siya, mukhang hindi talaga mag-ske-sketch si Leinil.. I just hope that when the time comes na mag-ske-sketch siya, I would be able to have him sketch on my blank variant..

Carlo? <_< hahaha..

Hindi talaga siya nag-sketch kahit kanino at kahit bayaran mo pa siya, mukhang hindi talaga mag-ske-sketch si Leinil.. I just hope that when the time comes na mag-ske-sketch siya, I would be able to have him sketch on my blank variant..

Carlo? <_< hahaha..

haha weird talaga yun si Carlo :boo:

excited na ako sa Secret Invasion #2 at Final Crisis

kelan lalabas yung Iron Man Las Vegas? :unsure:

@ revi

I sent an email to CO this week and Sandy was kind enough to reply and he'll try to incorporate to solicit and reserve the regular subscribers. I really can't put the blame on him because the event is aimed at new readers plus the fact that it's hard to manage and probably fund an event. It's just frustrating that you'll ran out of copy that you're expecting to get when you sacrificed something to attend the event w/c in my case and w/reachard eh yung mga sleeping time namin kasi galing kami pareho ng trabao at may pasok pa ulit ng gabi. Di mo rin naman masisi yung mga maagang pumila. I'll make it to a point na I'll be very early next year if there'd be another event.

I would pass on Madam Xanadu for continuity purposes. Vertigo has a very good intention for creating stories on a different continuity but it would've been better if they create a story that explains their separate universe because it's a fact that their characters (Swamp Thing, John Constantine, etc) we're part of the DCU.