Dc And Marvel Universe

@norbyela & nixs: Welcome to the thread.. Puros kami lang nina khumpleetist, mazinger and reachard ang post ng post dito.. Hope you put your weekly pulls here.. It would be nice if we share our thoughts on our pulls from time to time..

I just got most of my pulls for this week.. I browsed the latest issue of the Hulk and I salivated for the next issue (#5).. Why? Its because its the Red Hulk Vs. Thor.. Although, I haven't really read this series since issue #1, I've always been a fan of big slugfests.. And Hulk battling Thor is a BIG slugfest.. hahaha... :thumbsupsmiley:

welcome mga bro :)

tama 4 lang kami dito na naguusap ako, revi, khumpleetist at si mazinger :D

nga pla dahil movie talk tyo, hve you seen the 1st movie of The Flash? bought a VCD (not dvd hehe) sa astovision ksi 75php lang. Pero medjo entertaining naman siya haha

I haven't heard about this movie. Baka naman ito yung series na pinalabas sa channel 7 na si John Wesley Shipp ang bida? :unsure:

I haven't heard about this movie. Baka naman ito yung series na pinalabas sa channel 7 na si John Wesley Shipp ang bida? :unsure:

Yep.. Wala naman talaga akong alam na Flash na movie eh.. The series was shown in 1990 yata and featured Barry Allen rather than Wally West's character.. Buti nga hindi si Jay Garrick eh.. hahaha.. Dami kasing Flash sa DC Universe (even Impulse or Bart Allen became the Flash for a short time before his death 2 years ago)..

hey guys. sensya na, pero i dont check my stuff on the net during weekends. during working hours lang. hehehehe. .anyway i'll put up my pull list later.

I'm excited alsoabout the HULK vs THOR! That s@%t kicks ass! BTW I just bought the ABE SAPIEN: DROWNIN G SET at CO during the weekends.

That's fine. Ganyan din si reachard sa office at ako. Hehehe. wala pang list ang CO pero mukhang madami ang titles ko this week based on DK's list.

I think any Hellboy related book is a nice read. If I tons of budget eh asa pull list ko ang Hellboy.

brainstorm muna tayo dito....eto topic ko .....WHY is MARVEL COMICS ouselling DC COMICS ?

Para sakin i think mas consistent ang MARVEL compare sa DC ( even though DC fan ako ) at maskunti ang flaws compare sa DC. maskina sa movie mas maganda compare sa DC. storylines much better. thats what i feel. kayo? :unsure:

@norbyela & nixs: Welcome to the thread.. Puros kami lang nina khumpleetist, mazinger and reachard ang post ng post dito.. Hope you put your weekly pulls here.. It would be nice if we share our thoughts on our pulls from time to time..

I just got most of my pulls for this week.. I browsed the latest issue of the Hulk and I salivated for the next issue (#5).. Why? Its because its the Red Hulk Vs. Thor.. Although, I haven't really read this series since issue #1, I've always been a fan of big slugfests.. And Hulk battling Thor is a BIG slugfest.. hahaha... :thumbsupsmiley:

Thanks bossing :thumbsupsmiley: Got my supply yesterday and was surprised with the contents. Nagbago isip ko regarding dropping final crisis from my collection.

Final Crisis 2 - Sa wakas bumilis ng konti yung pace ang nagustuhan ko yung Green lantern Corps element sa storyline especially with one of the alpha green lantern. Is it one of the alphas yung nakita ni J. Stewart (bago siya sinugod)?

Mighty Avengers - The story behind the infiltration of the avengers and specifically ant man. Sneaky move talaga ang ginawa nila. Nicely done :)

brainstorm muna tayo dito....eto topic ko .....WHY is MARVEL COMICS ouselling DC COMICS ?

Para sakin i think mas consistent ang MARVEL compare sa DC ( even though DC fan ako ) at maskunti ang flaws compare sa DC. maskina sa movie mas maganda compare sa DC. storylines much better. thats what i feel. kayo? :unsure:

I feel that Marvel is outselling DC because the latter had better continuity during the 70's and 80's.. And that was when the boom of comics came in.. A lot of kids then still collect comics now and have passed on their interests to the younger crowd of today..

DC is known for its shitty continuity.. When the first Crisis was developed, it was actually meant to make the DC Universe reader-friendly.. Take away all the other Earths and concentrate on one Earth.. But latter events such as Infinite Crisis and Zero Hour proved that DC wanted to make money and confused the readers more.. To make matters worse, DC's characters are kinda redundant.. Jay Garrick, Impulse, and Flash for instance.. JSA/JLA.. And look at Supergirl and Powergirl.. Elongated Man and Plastic Man.. hahaha...

Marvel also has its share of flaws but compared to DC's continuity, I'd have to say that Marvel is more reader-friendly..

Sa movies, its because of the younger crowd who got tired of Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman.. That is why mas mabenta ang mga Marvel movies.. Na mas violent (Punisher) at mas kakaiba ang storyline (XMen and Spiderman)..

Thanks bossing :thumbsupsmiley: Got my supply yesterday and was surprised with the contents. Nagbago isip ko regarding dropping final crisis from my collection.

Final Crisis 2 - Sa wakas bumilis ng konti yung pace ang nagustuhan ko yung Green lantern Corps element sa storyline especially with one of the alpha green lantern. Is it one of the alphas yung nakita ni J. Stewart (bago siya sinugod)?

Mighty Avengers - The story behind the infiltration of the avengers and specifically ant man. Sneaky move talaga ang ginawa nila. Nicely done :)

Final Crisis? Reviews are shitty.. But I am still hoping that Grant Morrison will live up to the hype..

Here are my pulls for this week..

Avengers/Invaders #3

Batman #678

Cable #5

Dark Tower #5

Northlanders #7

Terry Moore's Echo #4

Medyo kakaunti lang.. :blush:

Probably because Marvel's been pirating most of the great talent out there...Marvel's got a really good line-up of writers and artist in their stable compared to DC. For the writers alone, you've got Ed Brubaker, Mike Carey, Warren Ellis, Mark Millar, Robert Kirkman, and Brian Bendis to name a few. Until a few years ago, these were the names that DC relied on for their titles.

Is Greg Rucka still doing Batman? What's Brian Azzarello up to now? Because aside from those two and Grant Morrisson, they're the only heavy writers I can think of in DC's camp.

Plus DC's choice of pencillers for their top titles is inconsistent...some of the art just doesn't look like it belongs in a major title like Batman or Superman....Marvel loves to attach recognizable pencillers to their major titles to help boost sales.

@ revi and khumpletist

meron bro actually may part 2 pa nga but I wasn't able to buy that. 75 lang sa astrovision hehe :D

@ mazinger

uu tama yun nga bato bato yung costume nya haha pero found it cool and interesting :)

Naku bro, indi yan movie. Yan na nga yung series na sinasabi ko. His nemesis (Trickster) was very lame in that series but I remember this episode na nakakatouch nung nagkaroon siya ng clone in yellow costume (ala Zoom). :cry:

Actually, nakabold lang ang kukunin ko. pero ung iba, for collectors interest. what do you think? I'm having second thoughts on SI: DC

HELLBOY THE CROOKED MAN #1 (OF 3) - P150

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #564 - P150

ASTONISHING X-MEN #25 (Manifest Destiny) - P150

AVENGERS INVADERS #3 (OF 12) - P150

BATMAN #678 (R.I.P) - 150

DARK TOWER LONG ROAD HOME #5 (OF 5) - P200

WALKING DEAD #50 - P150

SECRET INVASION #1 DIRECTORS CUT - P250

Recommended ko yung Walking Dead at SI:DC. Walking Dead for collector's interest at yung SI:DC eh kasama dito yung istorya ni Dum Dum Dugan na unofficial Secret Invasion #0 for me. Sa website lang ng Marvel mababasa yung istorya but they decided to add it sa DC. What a way to milk a cow. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Anyway, I agree na tataas ang value ng Hellboy dahil may movie na ipapalabas at kaya ko naman nagustuhan ang Hellboy eh dahil sa movie din pero wala pa akong nabasa na comic, eh medyo supernatural pa naman ito kaya iwas na lang baka ma-adict ako kasi gusto ko yung mga supernatural themes kaya hindi nawawala ang Hellblazer sa pull list ko.

Brother mazinger, I've just read that DC is outselling Marvel right now but I don't believe that. Well, my explanation would be like brother revi's. Continuity is one of the main reason why Marvel sells better especially kung medyo may alam ka na sa comics. Revi explained it well kaya hindi ko na uulitin. The number one reason maybe would be familiarity w/the characters. I dunno about you guys pero kung ibabase natin sa Pilipinas eh iilan lang ang nakakakilala sa DC characters. Siguro si: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman (?), Robin at Green Lantern (?) lang ang madaling maidentify ng mga unitiated. Hindi katulad sa Marvel: Spider-Man, Captain America, Thor, Iron Man, FF, Wolverine at X-Men eh most likely alam ng publiko.

The movies had a lot of impact pati yung mga cartoons. Isama mo pa yung mga video/arcade games eh talaga namang ma-ooutsell ng Marvel ang DC. But thanks to DC kasi nung napanood ko yung Justice League about 3 years ago eh narekindle ang hilig ko sa comics!

I haven't read FC #2 and the latest MAV yet pero bad review ata yung FC#2? I have to agree w/IGN's review na hindi siya new reader friendly kasi kahit ako mismo na 3yrs nang nagbabasa ng DC eh di ko magets yung issue #1. I hope I'm wrong w/issue #2.

Naku bro, indi yan movie. Yan na nga yung series na sinasabi ko. His nemesis (Trickster) was very lame in that series but I remember this episode na nakakatouch nung nagkaroon siya ng clone in yellow costume (ala Zoom). :cry:

ay ganun by the way check this out :)

It's been a long time , loooooooooooong time that I've been tryin to find THOR #1! YAHOOOOOOOO for me! And also got ASM

good catch bro :)

Haay good morning DC/Marvel thread peeps just got home from work, I'll be dropping by CO tommorow to get my issues for last week :D

post-163388-1214871295.jpg

post-163388-1214871309.jpg

all i gotta say about that flash movie: wrong choice of the lead. Ang laki kaya ng katawan and bone structure. hahahaha

I agree that the body for the costume for Barry Allen was really big for him at halata na foam but bro compare to other old school Super hero films like Capt America and Spiderman. This one is better :D

@khumpleetist: Thanks for the head's up on Secret Invastion: Director's Cut.. Papa-reserve ko na din siguro ito..

@reachard: The Flash VCD you bought is really a TV series.. Meron kasing mga VCD's sa Astro na binebenta nila na hindi naka-set.. I, for one, bought a Smallville first two episodes.. Check out imdb.com for more information.. Here's a link..

FLASH

FYI.. Wala nga lang binebenta sa Astro, kaso meron ding Spiderman TV series in the late 70's.. Tapos pinagdugtong-dugtong nila yung episodes to make that into a movie.. I watched the movie in the cinemas with my Dad before, but it really sucked....

Here's the link:

THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN

Edited by revi