Dc And Marvel Universe

revi & khumpleetist

agree ako sa mga nasabi niyo about the review regarding final crisis. palipat lipat ren ako ng mga blog and dami ren di natutuwa sa palakad ni grant morrison. may nabasa pa ata ako na mejo deadma si grant dun sa mga feedback regarding his style. parang fight fire with fire yung dating ng mga sagot niya. pero hoping ako na maganda kalabasan (or at least something close to it) ng storylinr without messing up the character.

abang na ako kung ano gagawin pala ni nick fury at ng bagong group niya sa mga super skrulls. cannot wait for the next secret invasion issue to come out :)

do you guys have any extra comic boxes? wala na kasi sa CO eh

:sadsmiley02: :sadsmiley02:

Sobrang tagal ko ng umorder ng boxes sa Odyssey.. I think I ordered two boxes three months back.. Isa lang ang naibigay sa akin.. Been asking for the other one, kaso wala silang maibigay.. So, I had to buy a box in Filbar's.. Medyo mahal kasi ang boxes ng Filbar's eh.. Nasa 250.. Although its definitely sturdier..

-From Comic Bin

The Stand Sketchbook Arrives In Stores!

After its exciting debut this past weekend at Wizard World Chicago, The Stand Sketchbook arrives in comic stores this Wednesday! Featuring never before seen art from The Stand: Captain Trips interior artist Mike Perkins and cover artist Lee Bermejo, this free—yeah, you heard us—sketchbook provides your first look at September’s landmark release adapting Stephen King’s seminal novel! Writer Robert Aguirre-Sacasa, along with Perkins and Bermejo, offer exclusive commentary about the art of The Stand, allowing fans to go behind the scenes of one of 2008’s most anticipated new series!

So, this Wednesday, don’t miss your first in-depth look at The Stand: Captain Trips in The Stand Sketchbook—and did we mention it’s free?

I'd really have to say that Marvel is surely trying to CASH in the rewards they've had with the success of Dark Tower.. I heard that another Dark Tower series is due this year.. And I am disgusted coz I feel that they might jeapordize the story in order to make more dollars (by releasing the 3rd installment too early, IMO)..

Now, after the second Dark Tower series (issue 5 is due this week), the Stand will take its place.. As a fan of Stephen King's stories and movies, I might just get this series.. Well, its the first Stand comicbook and I liked what Sacasa wrote in the Sensational SpiderMan's "Back In Black" storyline.. Not too familiar with Bermejo but I am willing to take a shot..

revi & khumpleetist

agree ako sa mga nasabi niyo about the review regarding final crisis. palipat lipat ren ako ng mga blog and dami ren di natutuwa sa palakad ni grant morrison. may nabasa pa ata ako na mejo deadma si grant dun sa mga feedback regarding his style. parang fight fire with fire yung dating ng mga sagot niya. pero hoping ako na maganda kalabasan (or at least something close to it) ng storylinr without messing up the character.

abang na ako kung ano gagawin pala ni nick fury at ng bagong group niya sa mga super skrulls. cannot wait for the next secret invasion issue to come out :)

I think the next issue of Secret Invasion is due next week.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Grant Morrison's success in comicbook storytelling is without question.. But nobody's perfect.. A lot of comicbook fans think that Morrison is now a big-headed SOB and that is a no-no in the comicbook world.. Nobody would want his name be hanged by comicbook fans.. Comicbook fans are unforgiving... Just look at how Rob Liefeld is seen in a fan's persepective.. Hindi mabura-bura ang pagiging assh*le niya.. hahaha..

Morrison should accept criticisms well.. Hindi yung shrug lang ng shoulder..

But then again, as I have said, I'd have to wait until the last issue of FC before I give my verdict on Morrison.. His work in Batman is superb, BTW.. But Batman is a complex character where a writer would not really have a difficult time writing about.. Final Crisis is waaay different.. It involves lots of characters and as I have mentioned before, the DC Universe has had lots of continuity problems and I guess, Morrison's storytelling capabilities will really be put to the test on this one..

Edited by revi

@revi

No problem bro, I really gave my input on SI:DC to get your attention since I noticed it wasn't in your pull list and of course to give my opinion to norbyela. I'm really regretting that I'm unable to get Millar's current series because it might have long repercussions in the MU. Pass ako sa The Stand and I'm having doubts na dun sa 3rd Dark Tower series.

@reachard

Yan nga bro, the costume is nice since I didn't know that Flash isn't that muscular that time so it was ok for me. At excited na din akong mabasa yung FC #2 kasi wala pa din ako.

@nixs

I'm excited to read FC #2 since Saturday ko pa makukuha. Tingnan ko kung malilito ulit ako o hinde. But as a writer I believe that evrything is hit and miss. You might have a great work the first time then you suddenly suck then you're back in track again. I can't comment on Morisson's attitude since I haven't read any comments yet but I have a hunch na palaban talaga itong si Morisson kapag nacriticize eh base sa mga previous works nya.

@norbyela

Oi bro, try DK's boxes. Last time I bought one it's priced at PHP 180, sturdier version ng CO box pero assembled na. Yung ala Drawer Box na di pull eh PHP 350 ata. May kamahalan compaared to CO but very reliable at mas malaki ang tsansa na may supply palagi.

khumpleetist

Thanks for the info for the boxes. But, I think, since I'm a f#&kin cheapskate, I'll wait for the CO's P100 boxes. Maybe, the next time that they are available, I'll buy like 2-3 boxes.

what do you mean: "Pass ako sa The Stand and I'm having doubts na dun sa 3rd Dark Tower series."? Explain more.

Actually, wala sa plan ko bumili ng Dark Tower series pa nun, even after the gunslinger series, "pero na tempt me with the great reviews. It has a good story and some cool art. But, I need to make tipid. I heard next week that there are rumors opf +4 peso increase sa pamasahe. WTF?!

I mean Marvel's newest Stephen King adaptation. I won't be getting it and if there would be a 3rd Dark Tower series eh baka hindi ko na din muna kunin.

I already tried buying from ebay pero ebay.ph lang. reachard purchased from ebay and revi is a regular.

Walanghiyang pamasahe yan! :angry: Sana magkasuperpowers na tayo na nakakapagteleport, nakakalipad o kasimbilis ni Flash para walang problema sa pasahe. I'm also smelling price increase w/the comicbooks... :sick:

yup reachard, i'm into batman r.i.p. too ( actually yan lang ang batman na binili ko so far ) - maganda sya. ang dilemma ko lang is whether or not to get the tie ins or not. :blush:

btw, is the brainiac story ang sinasabi na 2008 event sa action comics? just wondering........

yup reachard, i'm into batman r.i.p. too ( actually yan lang ang batman na binili ko so far ) - maganda sya. ang dilemma ko lang is whether or not to get the tie ins or not. :blush:

btw, is the brainiac story ang sinasabi na 2008 event sa action comics? just wondering........

Yep, I also believe it is crucial to FC. Revi is getting the Brainiac arc.

I already tried buying from ebay pero ebay.ph lang. reachard purchased from ebay and revi is a regular.

Correction, bro.. I am not a regular in e-bay.. I have an account there but I mainly use it for my Basketball Cards collection.. And I only buy stuff from Filipino sellers who sell internationally.. Kasi ayaw ko ng i-ma-mail yung items ko, mas pabor ako sa pick-up.. Medyo takot akong ma-1-2-3 ng local postal service.. hahaha...

I just browsed through the free "The Stand" sketchbook, and it seems that it is good.. Baka talagang kunin ko ito.. Ang baka hindi ko na kunin ay yung 3rd Dark Tower series.. Then again, I might just eat my words.. hahaha..

Malabo kong kunin yung mga tie-ins ng RIP.. Unless, reviews would tell me its necessary.. hahaha...

The "Braniac" story in Action Comics is a prelude of sorts to the 2008 event of DC comics next to Final Crisis.. It is said that because Geoff Johns is at the writing helm, the storyline would be somewhat like GL's Sinestro Corps which is a not-hyped-up story but is very beautiful (a rarity nowadays).. I currently added Action Comics to my monthly pull-list..

Edited by revi

ok i'm convinced ......i'll not get the R.I.P ties ins anymore......so i can get some other titles instead.hehehe :upside: i like action comics kaso di tuluy tuloy ang pag kuha ko...pag maganda ang story or ads thats the time i'll get it.......... :flowers:

@revi

That's what I meant when I posted that you use e-bay :flowers: , but I didn't know that you buy only from Filipino sellers. Just like you I don't want my orders to be shipped nor i want to ship anything I sell by mail but I guess if you order internationally it's unavoidable. Nagdadalawang isip tuloy ako dun sa The Stand at Dark Tower: Treachery pero wala siya sa plano ko so far. I'm getting all tie-ins sa Batman RIP hopefully magdeliver ito kesa dun sa Ressurection Of Ra's Al Ghul.

@norbyela

I haven't been looking outside The Big Two that much and I'd get it if I have some extra dough. I asked Edgar Tadeo (he mentioned he has a project or some sort w/either Image or McFarlane or Whilce Portacio but it's too early to announce it) if Todd would provide artwork but he didn't gave me a clear answer. It'll be much better if McFarlane would have some interior art. I think Portacio will take care of the art duties.

I didn't reserved the latest issue of Booster Gold and I might drop it. Not because of Geoff Johns leaving but I'm reserving my pull list for a future regular series na supernatural ang theme since I'm unable to follow Shadowpact.

@mazinger

Action Comics is a good choice but try to reconsider the RIP tie-ins since Hush is involved. I haven't read Batman: Hush but I know it was a hit so I have my hopes up w/Hush's appearance.

khumpleetist, now i'm really convinced to really get all the TIE INs sa RIP.......sakit na naman sa wallet..... :hypocritesmiley:

i'm saving para sa new series ng JUSTICE LEAGUE and maybe some new mini series.... :upside:

sermon na naman to ni kumander :blush:

balita raw si geoff johns n ethan van sciver will do barry allen FLASH series........... :thumbsupsmiley:

Really? Another Geoff Johns comicbook.. Interesting! I wonder what are his plans for Flash.. Since Impulse died, this series has been in the dumpster, so to speak.. Johns should perk things up.. :rolleyes:

@khumpleetist:

Mahirap mag-bid sa ebay international especially if you don't know the seller.. Kaya ayaw ko magka-paypal account para iwas temptasyon.. hahaha...

Edited by revi
khumpleetist, now i'm really convinced to really get all the TIE INs sa RIP.......sakit na naman sa wallet..... :hypocritesmiley:

i'm saving para sa new series ng JUSTICE LEAGUE and maybe some new mini series.... :upside:

sermon na naman to ni kumander :blush:

New Justice League series? Hmmm? I haven't heard but I might get it.

Was able to buy my 2nd autographed comicbook certified by Dynamic Forces.. This is a George Perez signed sun-burst variant of Avengers Heroes Reborn #1.. Got this for 1K (and my friend included the Finch variant of New Avengers #1 - which makes this a good buy, IMO)..

Here are the pictures..

post-75683-1215269289.jpg

post-75683-1215269309.jpg

post-75683-1215269329.jpg

Today, I also bought several back issues from the bargain bin..

Wolverine Annual #1 - 75 bucks..

Incredible Herc #112 - 50 bucks.. (eto yung first Inc. Herc comicbook)

7 Copies of Ultimates #1 - 150 bucks.. Yep! haha.. ($7 each ito sa guide)

2 Copies of X23 #1 - 40 bucks.. Another Yep! haha.. ($7 ito sa guide)

X23 #2 Variant - 20 bucks.. ($6 ito sa guide)

3 copies of Amazing SpiderMan #365 (Hologram issue).. 50 bucks each..

30 Days of Night Annual #1 - 100 bucks.. Love this issue.. Coz I've been searching for the first 30 Days of Night series and this annual is included in the series..

I am planning to sell my doubles in the future.. Kumbaga investment lang muna.. Coz I feel that Ultimates and X23 would have more "up arrows" in the future.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Some pics.. :thumbsupsmiley:

post-75683-1215269779.jpg

Edited by revi

I've read FC #2 and it's better than it's predecessor. Still not new reader friendly though but it showed direction this time. Surprisingly the art was a step down compared to the maiden issue. I picked up some of my comics yesterday and I got 2 DC titles and 4 Marvel books. The other DC title was Tangent: Superman's Reign #4 and it wasn't a good story but the twist with Powergirl made it decent. By the way, I picked up this title because this was a spin-off from Justice League Of America.

Incredible Hercules #118 SI tie in was very nice! I don't know what would be the impact to the main title. The art was also great! I just didn't get the Atuma and Hercules clash towards the end of the story. I hate to recommend it to you guys since I really don't know how this'll impact SI but the story and art is good!

Captain Britain and MI13 #2 SI tie-in was also great pero bitin! The story revolved mainly around the skrulls making their invasion in Avalon and retrieving magical items. The art was ok and I think this book can stand on it's own w/out even tying it w/the main series because the story is happening in a different country (Britain). Of course the main invasion is mentioned and recognized as well as the importance of magic as a hindrance w/the invasion but this title may not be necessary and can be independent.

I enjoyed Uncanny X-Men #499 especially the trio of Wolverine, Colossus and Night Crawler. The last time I saw Omega Red was in Wolverine: Origins and the fight scene was great! While Cyclops and Emma Frost deals w/their missing teammates and the "Goddess" (Martinque jason/Martinique Wyngarde aka Mastermind). Then finally finding a new place for the X-Men.

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #2 has a lighter tone since Valeria and Franklin Richards are in the book but I'm not sure a 7 year old Franklin should behave that way. With that aside the other half of the story is the fight between Lyja and Human Torch. I had hopes that this would impact the series a lot since Lyja mentioned that her kind made an effort to disable the Fantastic Four but I doubt it. Even if Lyja changes her mind in the next issue I don't think this'll have a major effect w/the main title.

@revi

Ui, panalo ka na naman ah. pabili ng Ultimates # 1. :P

I'm excited to read FC #2 since Saturday ko pa makukuha. Tingnan ko kung malilito ulit ako o hinde. But as a writer I believe that evrything is hit and miss. You might have a great work the first time then you suddenly suck then you're back in track again. I can't comment on Morisson's attitude since I haven't read any comments yet but I have a hunch na palaban talaga itong si Morisson kapag nacriticize eh base sa mga previous works nya.

I'll just wait and see for the next turn of the story (maski sablay yung kinalabasan). Eto naging promise ko sa sarili ko after being able to buy comics again. :)

Di muna ako masyado nag iikot sa net at baka may sumulpot na spoilers...Tambay muna ako sa photoshop...Hehehe

SI 4

Batman Death Mask

Mighty Avengers 16

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs25/300W/f/2008/175/e/3/Secret_Invasion_4_variant_by_leinilyu.jpg

I'll just wait and see for the next turn of the story (maski sablay yung kinalabasan). Eto naging promise ko sa sarili ko after being able to buy comics again. :)

Di muna ako masyado nag iikot sa net at baka may sumulpot na spoilers...Tambay muna ako sa photoshop...Hehehe

SI 4

Batman Death Mask

Mighty Avengers 16

http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs25/300W/f/2008/175/e/3/Secret_Invasion_4_variant_by_leinilyu.jpg

Ganyan din ang feeling ko pag bumili ako ng comic series. I don't care kung sablay o hinde basta matapos ko lang yung series. Pero pag hindi Marvel o DC eh napapadalawang isip ako kesyo limited series o hinde. By the way, sa limited series lang ako hindi bumibitaw pero pag regular series eh tinitigil ko paminsan minsan.

Basts mag-ingat ka lang naman sa spoilers, ako nga eh nagdadahan dahan din dahil ang dami ko na namang backlog pero pumupunta pa din ako sa ign.com para lang makita yung rating pero hindi yung review.

@revi

Thanks sa feedback sa review ko, minsan pagkatapos kong basahin eh saka lang ako nagbabasa ng review sa ign at may mga nadidiskubre pa akong ibang negative at positive. I'll miss Michael Turner's art too. So many to accomplish. May he rest in peace. Definitely interested w/Ultimates #1, at PM na lang kita pag ok na!