Dc And Marvel Universe

btw frens, pwede pala credit card sa comic odyssey.......pinakuha ko kc last wk sa mrs ko yun mga reservations ko..........ask ni mrs kung less 50% ( 10 % lang talaga ) hahahaha...naloko na .......then kung pwede credit card....pwede pala.......charge na naman to..... <_< para di cash .....delay tactics muna........hehehe :headsetsmiley:

I always pay by cc at CO but i'm going to pay cash this Thursday since it's also my pay day and the payment won't be posted until the next day and I'm missng some comic books since last week so I gotta read 'em asap! I inquired at DK during the Pagulayan signing but as you posted earlier they're not accepting credit cards. I haven't been to Fourth Wall but if I have the time I'll check it out. There's another one in Cubao and I think the name is Sputnik (?). I'm not sure w/the name though.

@reachard

I'm with you w/CQ as the last resort. I'd rather go to Filbars first when an issue is sold-out. CQ is trying to be CO w/their promos but they've long ways to go before they could at least be on par w/CO. DK is small but it's better than CQ.

I was thinking of getting Trinity too pero di na muna ako magdadagdag sa mga list ko. Sabi ko na nga ba at hindi makakatakas si Bagley sa iyo eh.Hahaha! :lol:

hahaha.. If the peniciler is not Bagley I would have given it a go, bro.. :rolleyes:

---

BTW, delayed yata ang mga comics this week.. Mukhang friday pa ang dating sa CO.. Kaya most probably, Saturday pa ang dating ng mga titles ko sa Filbars..

@ revi

agree bro delayed ata yung shippng ngayon :(

@ mazinger

too bad they are only accepting cash nweiz, nakakuha na ako sa 4th wall nang comics daming back issues dun

dun ko nga nakuha yung Umbrella Academy #1 :D

@ Khumpleetist

sa CQ kasi di nila iniingatan mga comics minsan buraot pa mga employee dun parang walang pake kahit bibili ka :boo: then wala pa silang sleeve at board na free

sino pinaka mura mag benta ng comics ? quality wise? customer service?

btw, di ba may mga defect issues( newly arrived ) sa CO na discounted ? may nakikita ako bumibili nyan kc . sympre minsan sa shipment may mga factory defect ....how much kaya sila? ( minsan you can buy just to read lang ) :unsure:

may super team na pala ang PINAS = THE TRIUMPH DIVISION :rolleyes:

Edited by mazinger

I only get comics from Comic Odyssey, Filbars and Comic Quest.. Malayo na sa akin ang Druid's.. Kung sa Druid's ko kukunin ang weekly fix ko, mas magastos pa ang dating dahil sa gagastusin kong pang-gas.. hahaha..

Last resort ko ang Quest dahil walang discount..

Sa Comic Odyssey, dahil sa bumibili ako dun madalas, may 10% discount ako sa mga new and back titles.. May libreng backing board at bag (but these are not acid free) so nakakatipid na ako sa mga lalagyan..

Sa Filbars naman, kapag member ka ng club nila (where you have to pay 500 bucks for two years).. Discounted na lahat ng bibilhin mong new issues dun ng 10% (pati magazines like FHM).. Wala silang boards and bags na free.. But they do have loyalty cards.. Mechanics are as follows: 20 slots per loyalty card.. Each slot to be filled up for every 100 peso purchase.. So everytime na maka-2K ka.. Babalik sa iyo ang 100 bucks mo.. These includes all issues whether old or new..

Member ako ng Filbars kaya dun ko kinukuha ang karamihan ng comics ko.. I can fill up three loyalty cards in one month.. Tapos ginagamit ko yung mga libreng bags ng Comic Odyssey din for their comics.. Bale sa isang bag, 3-4 comicbooks ang nilalagay ko (so, e.g., kung 12 issue arc yun, 3-4 na set ng board & bag ang nagagamit ko).. Tapos, minsan bumibili din ako ng bags dun.. Mura naman, at Php7 per set (board & bag) at may discount din ako..

I get most of my Marvel and DC stuff in Filbars Riverbanks.. And I get my Image, Dark Horse, and other indie stuff sa Odyssey..

Sa mga variants naman.. Mas mura sa Filbars ang variants.. Kaso walang reservation dahil hindi sigurado ang dating ng mga ito.. So, if you want to be sure on your variants, Comic Odyssey is the place to reserve them..

Therefore, if you are a member with Filbars and you get lots of comics in one month, pinakamura dun..

btw, di ba may mga defect issues( newly arrived ) sa CO na discounted ? may nakikita ako bumibili nyan kc . sympre minsan sa shipment may mga factory defect ....how much kaya sila? ( minsan you can buy just to read lang ) :unsure:

Yup.. There was a time when all of their Groo comics had bad defects.. They offered me to buy at 50% off.. But according to them, there is a buyer for their damaged comics.. All at 50% off daw..

Edited by revi

may super team na pala ang PINAS = THE TRIUMPH DIVISION :rolleyes:

Pinakamura - Filbars

With their membership card and as explained by revi. Filbars sells less (I think you can include back issues) if you have a membership card. But if you're not, then Comic Odyssey is the best choice.

Quality Wise - Comic Odyssey

I dunno how to explain this but I just look how the store and staff handles the comic. I had a lot of expectation when I observed Druid's Keep but Comic Odyssey handles their comic much better. Comic Quest might be the worst.

Customer Service - Comic Odyssey/Druid's Keep

Definitely a tie. Whether if you're a regular subscriber or not. CO is accessible while you can geek out at DK. Filbars comes second because if you're a regular then you get better customer service. Ironically they're also the worst since they have many branches and you'll get your share of poor customer service.

THE TRIUMPH DIVISION???

Mukhang mapapabili ako ng Invincible Iron Man # 2 kung san magdedebut ang TTD. :thumbsupsmiley: Just added info, Madripoor's majority language is Filipino and English. Kinda weird since most Madripoor locals look like Chinese/Japanese plus the area looks is influenced by Chinese/Japanese roots as well.

I can say quality and customer service Forth Wall, DK and CO

with Back issues sa CO at DK to order kasi tska mabilis maubusan ng stock sa Forth Wall (ok quality ng back issues) at CQ ako kumkuha

CQ kasi ans some Filbars kasi di maalaga sa comics basta latag na lang sa harap mo minsan :boo:

^ Oo nga bro, medyo kakaunti din sa akin..

In contrast, here are my pulls for this week:

Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs #2

Simon Dark #9

Titans #3

Skaar: Son Of Hulk #1 - will just get the first issue

Twelve #6

** Decided not to get SI: Who Do You Trust.. Saw the preview in weeklycomicbookreviews.com and it was so-so.. I don't think its that important in the storyline (as I am not completing all tie-ins naman eh).. Parang short-stories lang ito about the Skrull Invasion.. At nakita ko kasi yung mga tie-ins this coming July and August for both SI and DC's Final Crisis, at parang ang daming kailangan kunin.. And top it off, ang mamahal ng tie-ins ng Final Crisis.. Puros $3.99.. Kaya medyo tipid muna ako sa mga comics this month..

Also, was thinking of getting Eternals #1, but read some previews on it.. Sabi dun na it did not really match the "perfect storytelling" of the very last series by Neil Gaiman and JR JR.. So, I might pass on this.. But will scan several pages first.. :rolleyes:

^^

Secret Inavsion: Who Do You Trust is composed of vignettes. I'm with you that it's not important w/the main series but I hope we're both wrong. I agreed to get the tie-ins for both SI and FC so what the heck! :evil: But after these series eh lie low na ko. Not until the next summer event w/c I hope na main series lang ang kunin ko. You're correct w/most FC tie-ins, $3.99 halos karamihan. Bro, check Previews for August at malulula ka sa dami ng tie-ins. Halos lahat ata ng Marvel comic eh nakatie-in sa SI! Not to mention FC. :blink:

Tapos may nabasa ako na "connected" yung mga sinusulat ni Millar: 1985, FF (the 2nd arc) and wolverine (Old Man Logan). May tie-in din daw sa Kick-Ass. Napapadalwang isip tuloy ako kung babalikan ko yung 1985 eh. Hindi ako interesado individually dun sa storya nung tatlong series (although nakakatempt yung Wolverine dahil sa art :P ) pero napapaisip ako sa "connection" nila. :unsure:

^^

Secret Inavsion: Who Do You Trust is composed of vignettes. I'm with you that it's not important w/the main series but I hope we're both wrong. I agreed to get the tie-ins for both SI and FC so what the heck! :evil: But after these series eh lie low na ko. Not until the next summer event w/c I hope na main series lang ang kunin ko. You're correct w/most FC tie-ins, $3.99 halos karamihan. Bro, check Previews for August at malulula ka sa dami ng tie-ins. Halos lahat ata ng Marvel comic eh nakatie-in sa SI! Not to mention FC. :blink:

Tapos may nabasa ako na "connected" yung mga sinusulat ni Millar: 1985, FF (the 2nd arc) and wolverine (Old Man Logan). May tie-in din daw sa Kick-Ass. Napapadalwang isip tuloy ako kung babalikan ko yung 1985 eh. Hindi ako interesado individually dun sa storya nung tatlong series (although nakakatempt yung Wolverine dahil sa art :P ) pero napapaisip ako sa "connection" nila. :unsure:

Kaya nga ako nalula sa mga tie-ins dahil chi-neck ko na ang Previews for August.. And to compound my woes, hindi ko na tuloy alam kung ano sa kanila ang importanteng kunin at kung ano ang hindi necessary.. Final Crisis has a lot of one-shot tie-ins and we have both stated, they are all at $3.99..

In my case, I still dunno kung ano ang mga kukunin ko.. But I will definitely get yung SI: Spiderman: Brand New Day na tie-in.. I am sure that there would be something important on Spiderman (malabo kasi na ma-left out si Spidey - being Marvel's core character).. Yung sa iba, hindi ko pa alam.. In this regard, I suggest we read a lot of internet stuff on comics before buying these titles.. Masakit sa bulsa kung wala naman talagang importante dun sa issue..

Regarding Mark Millar's works.. I read somewhere that 1985 will be tied in sa Kick Ass.. Although I am not sure kung yung FF at Wolverine ay tied-in.. I am not planning to get Millar's Wolverine but I am tempted.. But its definite that I won't be getting 1985.. Kick Ass is a good comicbook series.. Unique and disturbing.. But 1985 is just too cliche.. haha..

boys, madedelay ang shipment this week ng CO. so wla pa sa thu malamang. para sure sa fri nalng daw sabi ni sandy. :unsure:

Sa Filbar's hindi na-delay.. I already got my Thursday fix..

BTW, mga bros, Skaar: Son of Hulk ain't a bad read.. But its a Conan: The Barbarian rip-off.. hahaha... Won't be getting the 2nd issue.. Kinuha ko lang ito for collection purposes (first issue).. First comicbook series of Skaar.. :thumbsupsmiley:

^^

I don't mind the current delays kasi next Friday pa ako sasahod at dun ko pa lang makukuha ang mga comics ko for this week. I just have to avoid spoilers. Hehehe. :upside: I hope I survive my August list. Btw, I looked at some art for Young Avengers/Runaways SI tie-in at ang panget ng art. Manga ata ang concept kasi Japanese ang artist. Since kumuha ka nung Skaar eh kumuha ka na din ng last issue ng Worl War Hulk kasi andito yung presumed first appearance ni Skaar.

Any updates I can find I'll post here for our sake. Unahin ko na yung kay Millar, taken form Wizard:

THE MARVEL MILLAR-VERSE

Who is the secret supervillain linking all of Mark Millar's Marvel Comics into a hidden summer event?

By Kiel Phlegley

Posted 06/10/08

Something scary happened to Mark Millar while he was writing his current slate of Marvel books, 1985, Fantastic Four and Wolverine.

Insidious apocalyptic threads cropped up that connected each book's story into one secret epic. And at this super-story's heart was the scariest Marvel supervillain you've never heard of—the mentor of Victor Von Doom.

"Wouldn't it be great if there were a guy darker, older and more mysterious and more evil than Dr. Doom himself?" teases the writer.

Here's how it all comes together.

THE PAST (1985)

The Tommy Lee Edwards-drawn, five-issue miniseries focuses primarily on 13-year-old Toby and his father's comatose friend's connection to Marvel supervillains invading our world, but it also paves the way for the mystery villain's arrival.

"1985 is his story in a sense. It's his absolute origins," says Millar, noting that his appearance here will only be a teaser of his truest form. "This guy can move around through time, so when he does go into the Marvel Universe, he's pretty all-powerful."

And while you're waiting for the big bad to make his debut, be on the lookout for a hidden crossover with Millar's creator-owned Kick-Ass.

THE PRESENT (FANTASTIC FOUR)

Millar's new villain rocks the modern Marvel U in his and Bryan Hitch's Fantastic Four, as not one but two of Doom's former trainers return to shock the good Doctor's world. While Doom returns quite shaken in June's issue #558, expect his reality-hoping lord and master to arrive later in quite different circumstances.

"The parallel reality we see is the one where Reed and Johnny Storm are gay lovers," laughs Millar. "Jack Storm and Dr. Reed Richards are lovers, and Sue Storm is kind of the skanky sister that's living with them in the Baxter Building. That's where we first meet Doom's master. He's a guy working his way down parallel realities killing everything. He's coming back to see how Doom's getting on, and he isn't too thrilled that he hasn't killed everyone in our universe yet."

THE FUTURE (WOLVERINE)

Millar and penciler Steve McNiven's post-apocalyptic Wolvie tale "Old Man Logan" launches in June's issue #66, and fans can expect many subtle nods to the events in Fantastic Four, even a few spoilers. "For example, there's a character called The Hooded Man coming up in Fantastic Four, and there's a big mystery of ‘Who is this guy?' And we find out in ‘Old Man Logan' one month before we find out in Fantastic Four who it is," says Millar adding that Doom's harsh teacher isn't far behind.

"America has been divided up into several regions. One of those regions belongs to Doom's master. In the very middle of America, everything from Chicago to Texas, is completely owned by this guy...so whatever happened to the Marvel Universe, he was the pivotal force behind all the villains getting together and taking down the heroes."

And this is for you revi. From Newsarama:

WHAT COST SUMMER? SECRET INVASION/FINAL CRISIS RUNNING TALLIES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Troy Brownfield and Lucas Siegel

Comic book fans all know one thing- who they think would win in a fight, Superman or Thor, and there’s just no way to buy all the comics they really want to. Well, this summer, Superman and Thor (and their respective companies) are facing off in that battle for your hard-earned (or easily stolen, who are we to judge?) cash, with crossovers and tie-ins galore. Just how much are you looking to spend?

Remember: These examinations imply no editorial judgment; they are merely a look at the totals as a service to the readership. And, of course, whether you buy all of the tie-ins is up to you and your individual proclivities, and as always, comes with the message from the publisher that you don't need all the tie-in issues to enjoy the story, though individual readers’ mileage on that statement may vary, of course.

Marvel’s Secret Invasion has kicked off already, along with a couple tie-in minis, tie-in arcs, and of course, lead-in arcs. Last month, we took a look at the cost through July just as the event began. The official checklist from Marvel is daunting on its own, and doesn’t even really tell the whole story. There have been several books not marked with the “Infiltration” or “Invasion” banners, but that contain important events or clues to the big picture. For simplicity’s sake, we’ll break it down month to month, building off last time, with both official tie-ins and books that have an obvious affect on the overall Secret Invasion storyline, starting with last November, the first month that the “Infiltration” banner appeared. Un-official tie-ins are marked with a * for clarity.

The “Price So Far” will include both official and unofficial books, and shows just how you’re spending your money. And we’ve added in what we think is a pretty fair “entertainment/geek index” with comparative cost landmarks.

All information comes from the official checklist, solicitations, and, well, reading the books!

November 2007

New Avengers: Illuminati #5 $2.99

*New Avengers #36 $2.99

*Captain Marvel #1 $2.99

November Subtotal: $2.99 / *$8.97

The Price So Far: $8.97, or two chai lattes from Starbucks

December 2007

Avengers: The Initiative Annual 1 $3.99

*Captain Marvel #2 $2.99

*New Avengers #37 $2.99

December Subtotal: $3.99 / *9.97

The Price So Far: $18.94, or Battlestar Galactica – Razor Extended Edition from Amazon.com

January

Mighty Avengers #7 $2.99

*Captain Marvel #3 $2.99

New Avengers Annual #2 $3.99

January Subtotal: $6.98 / *$8.97

The Price So Far: $27.91, or Runaways Vol. 1 Hardcover from Amazon.com (and some change!)

February

*Captain Marvel #4 $2.99

*Ms. Marvel #24 $2.99

*Mighty Avengers #9 $2.99

*New Avengers #38 $2.99

*Young Avengers Presents #2: Hulking $2.99

February Subtotal: $0.00 / *$14.95

The Price So Far: $42.86, or about one month of high speed cable internet in most US markets

March

Secret Invasion Saga FREE!

*Captain Marvel #5 $2.99

*Mighty Avengers #11 $2.99

*New Avengers #39 $2.99

*Ms. Marvel #25 $2.99

March Subtotal: $0.00 / *$11.96

The Price So Far: $54.82, or seeing Iron Man at a discount matinee 10 times (and getting popcorn once!)

April

Secret Invasion #1 $3.99

Mighty Avengers #12 $2.99

New Avengers #40 $2.99

*Avengers: The Initiative #12 $2.99

*Ms. Marvel #26 $2.99

April Subtotal: $9.97 / *$15.95

The Price So Far: $70.77, or 4 months of unlimited DVD rentals via Netflix

May

Secret Invasion #2 $3.99

Captain Britain and MI:13 #1 $2.99

Incredible Hercules #117 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #13 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #14 $2.99

New Avengers #41 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #1 $2.99

*Ms. Marvel #27 $2.99

May Subtotal: $21.93 / *$24.92

The Price So Far: $95.69, or Metal Gear Solid 4: Special Edition for Playstation 3

June

Secret Invasion #3 $3.99

Avengers: The Initiative #14 $2.99

Captain Britain and MI:13 #2 $2.99

Incredible Hercules #118 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #15 $2.99

Ms. Marvel #28 $2.99

New Avengers #42 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Runaways/YA #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Who Do You Trust? $3.99

June Subtotal: $31.90

The Price So Far: $127.59, or 129 individual songs from iTunes

July

Secret Invasion #4 $3.99

Avengers: The Initiative #15 $2.99

Black Panther #39 $2.99

Captain Britain and MI:13 #3 $2.99

Incredible Hercules #119 $2.99

Ms. Marvel #29 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #16 $2.99

New Avengers #43 $2.99

New Warriors #14 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Frontline #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Fantastic Four #3 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Runaways/YA #2 $2.99

She-Hulk #31 $2.99

Thunderbolts #122 $2.99

X-Factor #33 $2.99

*Skrulls! $4.99

July Subtotal: $45.85 / *$50.84 (nearly November-March combined)

The Price So Far: $178.43, or two season passes to a Six Flags theme park

August

Secret Invasion #5 $3.99

Avengers: The Initiative #16 $2.99

Black Panther #40 $2.99

Captain Britain and MI:13 #4 $2.99

Incredible Hercules #120 $2.99

Ms. Marvel #30 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #17 $2.99

New Avengers #44 $2.99

New Warriors #15 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Thor #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: X-Men #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Spider-man Brand New Day #1 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Frontline #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Runaways/YA #3 $2.99

Guardians of the Galaxy #4 $2.99

Nova #16 $2.99

She-Hulk #32 $2.99

Thunderbolts #123 $2.99

X-Factor #34 $2.99

August Subtotal: $60.80

The Price So Far: $239.23, or 16 MLB tickets

Newsarama Note: From here on out, these are estimates based on currently announced storylines and their lengths; we won’t know for sure until the solicitations for each of these months are released. That is, there won’t be fewer tie-ins, while there most likely will be more.

September

Secret Invasion #6 $3.99

Avengers: The Initiative #17 $2.99

Black Panther #41 $2.99

Mighty Avengers #17 $2.99

New Avengers #44 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Thor #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: X-Men #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Spider-man Brand New Day #2 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Frontline #3 $2.99

Guardians of the Galaxy #5 $2.99

Nova #17 $2.99

Thunderbolts #124 $2.99

Deadpool #1 $2.99

September Subtotal: $42.86

The Price So Far: $282.09, or a can of Monster every day for 5 months straight

October

Secret Invasion #7 $3.99

Avengers: The Initiative #17 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Thor #3 $2.99

Secret Invasion: X-Men #3 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Spider-man Brand New Day #3 $2.99

Secret Invasion: Frontline #4 $2.99

Guardians of the Galaxy #6 $2.99

Thunderbolts #125 $2.99

October Subtotal: $27.91

The Price So Far: $310, or a Nintendo Wii + WiiPlay

November

Secret Invasion #8 $3.99

Secret Invasion: Frontline #5 $2.99

November Subtotal: $6.98

The Whole Shebang: $316.98, or just about airfare from Chicago to San Diego and back for Comic-Con ($359)

Total Book Count for this event (to date): 85 official, and 18 unofficial tie-ins, for a total of 103 Secret Invasion tie-in issues.

Is that all? Not by a long-shot. The Secret Invasion: The Infiltration TPB released in April contained Fantastic Four #2, New Avengers: Illuminati #1 and #5, New Avengers #31-32 and #38-39, Mighty Avengers #7, and Avengers: The Initiative Annual #1, implying that those listed there and not in this list were, in fact, tie-ins. Of course, it could be said that all of New and Mighty Avengers have been “tie-ins,” as Bendis has gone on record as laying hints at least as far back as New Avengers #1. Likewise, the first Annihilation series dealt with the destruction of the Skrull empire, and focused heavily on Kl’rt, the original Super Skrull. Young Avengers showed Hulkling being given the opportunity to lead the Skrull Empire to new glories, and the Runaways have had a Skrull on their team for quite some time, as well. Threads from each of those series will be touched on in both the main mini and their off-shoot. She-Hulk has been teamed up with Kl’rt’s daughter, Jacinda, with little explanation. More tie-ins will likely be revealed in upcoming solicitations, as well, and expect Skrulls to pop up in more “unofficial” books in the future. All in all, your safest bet is to just buy every book in the Marvel universe; next to impossible? Probably.

Again, as the mantra from the publishers goes, the tie-in issues are not required to enjoy the main story.

FINAL CRISIS

At this point, the complete tally for Final Crisis may not yet be known. We’re going to approach the initial list with titles that are designated as official tie-ins. With the exception of this week’s Justice League of America, which is a clear tie-in, we will not be including books from DC’s “Sightings” program until we can later establish their degree of involvement, as “Sightings” books refer not just to Final Crisis storylines, but to major DCU storylines.

April 2008

DC Universe #0 50-cents

April Subtotal: 50 cents

The Price So Far: 50 cents, which is not even quite a can of soda these days, unless you’re hitting the machine for Sam’s Cola outside of Wal-Mart, which in that case, go nuts.

May 2008

Justice League of America #21 $2.99

Final Crisis #1 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Sketchbook $2.99

May Subtotal: $9.88

The Price So Far: $10.38, or almost the cost of one DC Universes Classic action figure

June 2008

Final Crisis #2 (of 7) $3.99

June Subtotal: $3.99

The Price So Far: $14.37, or approximately the cost of the single-disc edition of Batman: Gotham Knight at its initial week-of-release-price.

July 2008

Final Crisis #3 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Requiem (One-Shot) $3.99

Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #1 (of 3) $3.99

July Subtotal: $11.97

The Price So Far: $26.34, right about the cost of a SanDisk 4 GB Cruzer Titanium USB Flash Drive with U3

August 2008

DC Universe: Last Will and Testament (One-Shot) $3.99

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #1 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Revelation #1 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #2 (of 3) $3.99

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1 $4.50

August Subtotal: $20.46

The Price So Far: $46.80, which will get you Identity Crisis in trade paperback, Infinite Crisis in hardback, and a combo meal at Chik-Fil-A.

September 2008

Final Crisis #4 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #2 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Revelation #2 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge #3 (of 3) $3.99

Final Crisis: Submit (One-Shot) $3.99

Final Crisis: Superman Beyond #1 $4.50

September Subtotal: $24.45

The Price So Far: $71.25, or an Apple iPod shuffle (2 GB Silver; 2nd Generation)

October 2008

Final Crisis #5 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #3 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Resist (One-Shot) $3.99

Final Crisis: Revelation #3 (of 5) $3.99

October Subtotal: $15.96

The Price So Far: $87.21, or a Hamilton Beach 70595H Big Mouth 14 Cup Food Processor from Amazon.com. Okay – not necessarily “entertainment,” but come on – it’s a sweet food processor.

November 2008

Final Crisis #6 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #4 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lanterns (One-Shot) $3.99

Final Crisis: Revelation #4 (of 5) $3.99

November Subtotal: $15.96

The Price So Far: $103.17, or two Complete Peanuts boxed sets (that’s eight years worth!)

December 2008

Final Crisis #7 (of 7) $3.99

Final Crisis: Legion of Three Worlds #5 (of 5) $3.99

Final Crisis: Revelation #5 (of 5) $3.99

Grant Morrison has also said that a two-part story following the "Batman R.I.P." storyline will also "fit in" with Final Crisis.

December Subtotal: $11.97

The Price So Far: $115.14, or about 29 gallons of gas (based on the current national average)

Total Final Crisis book count (to date): 30.

Or, if you’re one of those people who are looking at both, and we know you’re out there, together, both will set you back $432.12 for 133 books from now through the end of the year.

There you have it. We’ll no doubt revisit both Secret Invasion and Final Crisis totals as future solicitations come out, and we discern individual issues of import to add. Happy shopping!

O yan muna ha? Post ako pag may iba pang makakatulong na article.

Edited by khumpleetist

^ Thanks, bro.. I have the complete World War Hulk series bro.. So I have the "assumed" first apperance of Skaar.. :D

I read the article on the Millar Universe (hahaha!).. But I am still not sold on 1985.. The "mystery villain's" first apperance should be bought but I don't think the whole 1985 series is that important.. Its just Marvel coughing up more money from us.. haha.. Well, that's my take.. Kaso yung Old Man Logan is something that I might get.. Next week na yata ito.. I've heard rave reviews on some previews and I think it might just be worth it to get..

Yung sa tie-ins ng SI at Final Crisis naman tayo.. Well, ganun pa din ang take ko.. Not all are important but we should be able to pin-point kung ano ang kailangan at hindi.. At hanggang ngayon, magulo pa din isip ko sa tie-ins ng dalawang events na ito.. :huh:

i'll skip the secret invasion tie ins and crossover. but i will like to get all the final crisis tie in except yun REVELATIONS ( di ko idol si spectre ). batman rip - what do you think ? shoul i get the tie ins or not? :unsure: :unsure:

Batman RIP Tie-Ins? Nope.. I won't recommend them.. Bakit? haha.. Feel ko lang hindi sila necessary..

Even though I am more inclined to get Marvel comicbooks, I feel that Final Crisis will be a better series than Secret Invasion.. Grant Morrison is a very good writer and is proven to bring good stuff.. Bendis is good too but compared to Morrison's tenure in the comicbook industry, Bendis would appear like a puppy rather than a full-grown dog.. In this sense, I am also inclined to get more FC tie-ins even though they are expensive at $3.99.. As I browsed through the FC tie-ins, napansin ko ang mga names nina Brad Meltzer, at Geoff Johns.. Dun pa lang sa dalawang yun, nag-salivate na ako eh.. :rolleyes:

@khumpleetist/reachard/mazinger/etc.: Wala bang pumunta sa inyo sa TOYCON sa Megamall? Hanggang this Sunday yung affair.. Baka gusto niya dumalaw dahil hindi lang toys ang andun, pati comicbooks.. (Sa tutoo lang ang kinuha ko lang na laruan/figure dun ay yung Mattel "Superstars" na figure ni Tim Duncan.. Was very happy with that purchase!!!).. And I was so disgusted that I did not bring my Comicbook Priceguide companion, dahil ang daming old comics in bargain prices.. Nahilo ako.. At hindi ko na alam kung ano yung valuable at kung saan ang first appearance ng kung sino..

Here's what I bought:

1) Elektra Assassin #'s 1-8 (Full Set) - by Frank Miller - P1K

2) The Incredible Hulk #118 - vs. the Sub Mariner --- Silver Age Comicbook (1969) - was sold at P100 lang.. valued at $75 in Mint Condition.. Na-overlook ito nung nagtitinda..

3) King Size Annual Master of Kung Fu #1 - 1976 - sold at P50 lang.. (early apperance of Iron Fist)

4) Simpsons Comics #1 - first comicbook appearance - P150 lang..

5) Superman #75 - Death of Superman.. P350.. Opened.. But who cares! Hirap na akong kumuha nito eh.. At dahil tanga ako nung lumabas ito, pinarusahan ako ng mga comicbook Gods.. hahaha...

6) Wildcats #1 - at P100 bucks? Nuff said..

7) Spawn #1 - Isa sa pa sa mga katangahan ko nung lumabas ito.. P400 bucks.. Wala ako magawa eh.. Wala na din ako mahanap! Syet!

8) SpiderMan #1 - Todd McFarlane.. Dagdag sa ibang issues ko nito.. P150 lang naman eh..

Arrhhh.. Gusto ko bumalik bukas, but family day namin bukas.. Sigurado akong papatayin ako ng asawa ko kapag tumagal ako sa ToyCon.. Syet!!!

^haha.. Brief na lang ba ang matira, bro? Muntik-muntikan na din na pati brief ko naibenta ko nung bumalik ako today, bro.. Kinontrol ko lang urges ko kaya intact naman ang mga suot-suot ko nung pumunta ako at nung umuwi na ako..

Alas! I was able to go back to the ToyCon but my wife gave me a curfew.. Isang oras at kalahati lang daw ako pwede tumagal dahil bibili siya ng sapatos at dahil sa pinagbigyan niya ako, sa ipon ko kukunin yung pambili.. <_< But what the hell! At least, I was able to bring my PriceGuide Companion.. Kaya pinagkukuha ko yung mga early and first appearances ng mga important characters in the Marvel Universe.. Wala kasi masyado DC eh, yung kay Lobo lang ang nakuha ko eh..

Here are my hauls:

1) Marvel Spotlight #1 - First Full Red Wolf Saga, 1971.. Php100.. valued at $50..

2) Marvel Spotlight #28 - Early Moon Knight - first full story on the character.. Don Perlin art.. P150.. Valued at $35..

3) Conan The Barbarian #23 - First Appearance of Red Sonja, Barry Windsor Smith art.. Very good condition.. P50.. Valued at $40..

4) Conan The Barbarian #24 - Red Sonja's 2nd appearance and first full story on her.. P50.. Valued at $38..

5) Master Of Kung Fu #17 - also considered as Master of Kung Fu #1.. as this is the first issue of the series.. $100.. Valued at $30..

6) The Omega Men #3 - First appearance of Lobo.. P120 bucks..

7) The Punisher #1 - First issue of the first regular series.. P100..

8) Dark Horse Comics #8 - First appearance of X.. P150..

9) Tomb Of Dracula #12 - Second Appearance of Blade.. P50.. Valued at $65..

10) Giant Size: Chillers #1 - First Appearance of Lilith, Dracula's Daughter.. P150.. Valued at $60..

11) Iron Fist #15 - Last issue of the series and Early Xmen Appearance.. Cockrum cover and Byrne art.. Given for free.. Valued at $70..

12) Incredible Hulk #122 - Early Hulk vs. Thing/Fantastic Four, 1969.. P100.. Valued at $90..

13) Incredible Hulk #162 - First Appearance of Wendigo.. P100.. Valued at $80..

All issues are in good condition.. Not really in the best shape but I would say that they are all acceptable..

The owner of these comics really does not care about the value/market prices of his comicbooks.. Sobra kasing dami niyang rare books na punong puno na daw ang bahay niya.. Kung sa Comic Odyssey lang ang mga ito.. Baka kahit P500-1K per issue ay maliit..

Will try to post pictures if I have the time to capture them..

So a tip for those going to Comic Cons and Toy Cons, always bring an Overstreet Price Guide with you.. Magaling din kung may kodigo ka.. Ngayon ang problema ko na lang ay wala pa akong bags and boards to protect them.. Sa Saturday pa ako makakabili sa Odyssey.. Plus I need a comic box again.. :blush: :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by revi

nice catch REVI :thumbsupsmiley: di sayang ang pagpunta mo talaga ! idol :thumbsupsmiley:

saan mo pala nakukuha ang mga price guide? coz matagal na ako DI updated sa mga presyo ng mga comics.....mga binibili ko parang for reading purposes ko nalang kaya di ko na masyado na intindi ang mga collectors item....... :blush: out of cirulation na talaga ako.

btw, i asked CO regarding sa mga damage issues.....P 100.00 daw ang benta..sabi nila marami din daw bumibili nyan coz for reading reading lang. they showed me IRON MAN # 1n 2 for example.... sa 1st page............. may maliit lang na punit sa 1st page :headsetsmiley:

Edited by mazinger