Dc And Marvel Universe

@khumpleetist: PM ka lang.. Let us talk business.. nyahahaha.. Hey! I really might get Rogue's Revenge, kasi mukhang kahit hindi gaanong kaganda ng review sa ign, its tied up to the death of Impulse.. And its Geoff Johns..

hehehe...35 na ako mga pre at mag 11 na panganay kon anak........ :hypocritesmiley:

btw, may nabasa ako na may 3 JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL coming this year end.....mukhang dagdag gastos na naman to. <_<

.. and I am 34 already.. haha.. We are definitely batchmates..

I expect a Kingdom Come something to come up because of what is happening in JSA.. So, after FC, ito naman ang susunod na event sa DC at yung sa Action Comics.. Hmmm... Wala talagang let-up ang gastos nating lahat.. hahahaha...

hehehe...35 na ako mga pre at mag 11 na panganay kon anak........ :hypocritesmiley:

btw, may nabasa ako na may 3 JSA KINGDOM COME SPECIAL coming this year end.....mukhang dagdag gastos na naman to. <_<

@mazinger

Ako din eh mapapagastos dahil sinusundan ko yung JSA eh. Nakita mo na ba yung bagong cover ng Kingdom Com HC? Suave! Sana gawin nilang poster yun.

I haven't been watching movies in a while. Tsamba na nga lang yung Iron Man dahil isinama ako ng kakilala ko na lumabas at naisipan lang panoorin. Yung Hulk nga di ko pa napapanood. Hopefully mapanood ko this weekend yang Hulk at Dark Knight. I'm looking forward to Ledger's Joker depiction kasi ang laki ng expectation sa kanya at hindi maiiwasang ikumpara kay Jack Nicholson.

@khumpleetist: PM ka lang.. Let us talk business.. nyahahaha.. Hey! I really might get Rogue's Revenge, kasi mukhang kahit hindi gaanong kaganda ng review sa ign, its tied up to the death of Impulse.. And its Geoff Johns..

.. and I am 34 already.. haha.. We are definitely batchmates..

I expect a Kingdom Come something to come up because of what is happening in JSA.. So, after FC, ito naman ang susunod na event sa DC at yung sa Action Comics.. Hmmm... Wala talagang let-up ang gastos nating lahat.. hahahaha...

@revi

Wag naman sanang lumaki yung KC kasi yari na naman tayo. Mukhang maeenjoy ko yung Rogue's Revenge kasi may kopya ako nung death issue ni Bart Allen, saka i-PM kita sa business talk. Hehe.

just bought CONAN the Cimmerian #1 today at CO.

The art looks weak. its not what expected. The story is okay. Really different from the cover. :(

@norbyela

I dunno how much is the mylar sleeve and board, I buy ine online and I get the "2" version instead of the "4" (sold at DK) version. The case is PHP 150/piece but I think you can get a discount at CO if you buy a pack (5 pieces).

That's ususally the trend nowadays. You have a stunning cover and a different and most of the time a subpar interior art. I had to pass on that series coz I know I'll get hooked.

my uncle used to import posters ( all sorts including anime-robots, celebrities, ,etc. and magazines ( fashion ) duting the 80's ....i remember ang dami dami binibigay sa amin every week......ginawa ng mama ko pangsapin ng anu ano .... <_< mahal pala ngayon mga posters.......

Comic Nerds!

here's the new Watchmen trailer

Click here for the trailer

looks great so far, Zach Snyder really knows how to make people excited

this looks to be a very good movie adaptation of one of the best graphic novels of all time (at least better than the that POS Wanted)

I hope they don't screw this up.

Oi Larry! Where have you been man? Thanks for the link and that was a cool trailer! Looking forward to this film!

@norby

I'm getting the Thor SI tie-in too. Good find w/Young Avengers # 1!

I'm currently getting posters (comc book genre). I buy 2 pieces and give the other copy as agift to my friends during their birthday or anniversary. Dunno what to do w/the remaining copies but they're still unopened. Some will get framed of course but I'm still thiniking if I'm getting a mylar sleeve for some of them.

Btw, I got my reservations earlier and I asked you from Nelida and she said you were there twice. Di tayo nag-abot kasi usually 7PM - 8PM ako dumadating.

mejo nahuhuli na ako sa mga issues pero got them reserved naman :D

anyways I recently went to Bonicfacio High Street (fully booked) and saw these items, sobrang mahal nga lang

@reachard

I was thinking of buying th Cyclops visor nung asa Previews pa lang pero nanghinayang ako kasi mahal tas usually pang display lang siya eh balak ko pa namang suotin. Hehehe. Nga pala, di lang ikaw ang nahuhuli sa mga issues dahil pati ako eh delayed ng 3 weeks. :(

Ahh yeah. I went to Krispy Kreme first. I bought the Young Avengers #1 from the Ebay seller (he was selling also Spider-Man:Reign Set for P400 also, pero wala na akong pera and I'm not really that interested). Then I went to CO, bought Cap America #40 & Cap Britain and MI3 #2. After, lumabas na ako tapos, I called up my girlfriend and said that i-abono ko daw muna ang the Last of the Mohicans HC. So, I withdrew some money and went up again in my second time. Then there, I bought it. Then I have to go to Eastwood coz I was almost late with my class. I'm an English teacher.

I have some comics that I havent purchased pa. they've been there for 1 month na. hehehehe. Anyway, swelduhan naman sa next Friday. Tomorrow, I'm gonna watch 2 movies (Dark Knight & Hancock) with my girlfriend at Blue Wave-Marikina, it's cheap and maliit pa. Hahahahaha.

P.S. I'm planning to buy The Man in the Iron Mask HC for me and my GF's monthsary celeb. What do you guys think?

:upside: :unsure: :upside:

Kaya pala twice ka daw nagpunta. The HC you bought is a nice gift pati yung bibilhin mo pa lang. It'll be a great fit lalo na kung mahilig sa literature ang gf mo. I had plans of getting The Illiad series pero budget talaga ang problema. Ok yung mga literary series na nilalabas ng Marvel, recommended ko yan. Yung Spider-Man: Reign eh bargain yun lalo na kung puro first printings! Check mo lang mabuti yung condition ng mga comics.

@reachard

I was thinking of buying th Cyclops visor nung asa Previews pa lang pero nanghinayang ako kasi mahal tas usually pang display lang siya eh balak ko pa namang suotin. Hehehe. Nga pala, di lang ikaw ang nahuhuli sa mga issues dahil pati ako eh delayed ng 3 weeks. :(

@khumpleetist

haha onga display lang cia, yung Ironman helmet has 2 colors, silver and gold and they both cost 20k :D

haaay huli na ako sa comics :boo:

@ norby

I buy poster's and have it signed if there's a chance (S.I.) then framed it :D

my uncle used to import posters ( all sorts including anime-robots, celebrities, ,etc. and magazines ( fashion ) duting the 80's ....i remember ang dami dami binibigay sa amin every week......ginawa ng mama ko pangsapin ng anu ano.... <_< mahal pala ngayon mga posters.......

Natawa ako dito, bro.. Much like when I was in Grade Five, I can still remember nung ginawang scratch paper ng lola ko yung isang comicbook na binili ko.. Buti na lang up to now walang value yun dahil Marvel Tales lang.. haha..

@norbyela: Mura na nga yung Spiderman: Reign na set for Php400..

--

Got all of my comics for this week.. Maganda nga yung Rogue's Revenge.. I highly recommend it.. I feel it does not really tie in to FC, but the storyline is superb.. I can't wait for either Barry Allen or Wally West to make an appearance.. Sa tingin ko darating ang isa sa mga ito eh.. :rolleyes:

I was able to buy 300 #3 yesterday at the Book Sale at Robinsons Metro East (Marcos Hi-Way) for just 45 bucks.. It really pays to be at the right place at the right time.. Kaka-display lang nila ng mga bagong comics dun and I decided to look at the rack.. Was not planning on getting anything kasi hindi naman talaga magaganda yung mga titles plus may price tag pa na sticker ng book sale na mahirap tanggalin.. But when I saw this comic, my heart jumped for joy.. haha.. Kasi nung tiningnan ko yung papel, ito yung madaling tanggalin yung tag.. And condition was still good.. This bad boy sells for $15 in the guide, and if graded, lalong mahal.. Swertihan lang talaga ang paghahanap ng back issues.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Here's a picture of the comicbook.. Still in pretty nice shape, if you ask me..

post-75683-1216454733.jpg

Natawa ako dito, bro.. Much like when I was in Grade Five, I can still remember nung ginawang scratch paper ng lola ko yung isang comicbook na binili ko.. Buti na lang up to now walang value yun dahil Marvel Tales lang.. haha..

@norbyela: Mura na nga yung Spiderman: Reign na set for Php400..

--

Got all of my comics for this week.. Maganda nga yung Rogue's Revenge.. I highly recommend it.. I feel it does not really tie in to FC, but the storyline is superb.. I can't wait for either Barry Allen or Wally West to make an appearance.. Sa tingin ko darating ang isa sa mga ito eh.. :rolleyes:

I was able to buy 300 #3 yesterday at the Book Sale at Robinsons Metro East (Marcos Hi-Way) for just 45 bucks.. It really pays to be at the right place at the right time.. Kaka-display lang nila ng mga bagong comics dun and I decided to look at the rack.. Was not planning on getting anything kasi hindi naman talaga magaganda yung mga titles plus may price tag pa na sticker ng book sale na mahirap tanggalin.. But when I saw this comic, my heart jumped for joy.. haha.. Kasi nung tiningnan ko yung papel, ito yung madaling tanggalin yung tag.. And condition was still good.. This bad boy sells for $15 in the guide, and if graded, lalong mahal.. Swertihan lang talaga ang paghahanap ng back issues.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Here's a picture of the comicbook.. Still in pretty nice shape, if you ask me..

Nagbrowse ako dati ng value ng mga comics na yan at mataas nga! Swerte mo na naman bro!

Nagbrowse ako dati ng value ng mga comics na yan at mataas nga! Swerte mo na naman bro!

It sure is nice to get quality comics in bargain prices.. haha.. Thanks bro..

Meron ng list ng mga comics that are coming next week.. Here are my pulls..

Dead Space #5 (of 6) - isa na lang.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sparks #2

Straw Men #1 (of 12) - new horror/murder series

New Avengers #43

XMen: Legacy #214

Uncanny XMen #500

Tentative:

Robin #175

I would have gotten Dave Sim's Glamourpuss #2 (coz I have the first issue) but I've decided not to coz the title did not suit my taste glands.. haha.. Its all about how Sim sees fashion.. Not really mi cup o' tea.. hehe.. Pinalitan ko na lang ng Straw Men na medyo nasa serial killer stuff ang tema.. This is actually based on a book and because I love these types of serial killer stuff, I salivated when I saw that it is included in CO's list..

Robin #175 is a tie-in to Batman RIP.. Pinagiisipan ko pa din kung kukunin ko ito and maybe, ign.com will enlighten me.. But there's a huge chance that I might just get it.. Medyo magaganda ang naririnig ko about Chuck Dixon's writing chores..

Uncanny XMen #500 features 2 covers.. I am thinking of getting both covers.. Land and Ross.. Kaso maganda talaga yung kay Ross.. Mas maganda pa dun sa variants ni Turner and Dodson.. I am actually also contemplating on getting the Turner Variant.. Its his last cover and will be nice to have.. P1200 nga lang ito sa Odyssey.. Might really get one.. Card ko na lang para next month ko na babayaran.. hahaha.. Hindi ko kaya yung sketch dahil nasa Php7K siya.. OMFUG!

guys, i'm thinking whether to buy or not UNCANNY X MEN # 500. since di naman ako collector ng x-men e. is it a stand alone issue ? :unsure:

I don't think that UNC is a stand alone issue, bro.. To be continued siguro yan sa last panel.. haha.. But at the very least, you should buy one, coz its a nice issue.. The Ross cover itself is already a delicious viand.. haha..

Its actually part of the Mutant event called "Manifest Destiny" and is tied in to Astonishing, Legacy and several other titles.. I am not getting all the tie-ins but I will definitely get the 2 X titles (Legacy and Uncanny) and also the XMen: Manifest Destiny limited series (3 issues)..

norbyela and revi, alam nyo sa totoo lang nagdadalawang isip ako kc once inumpisa ko naku ! dagdag na naman collection ko kaso ganda talaga work ni alex ross..... :unsure:

Better think about it twice and I think you should have a copy of Astonishing X-Men #25 since the X-Universe has another event: Manifest Destiny. The tie-ups are a bit lesser compared to Messiah Complex and Divided We Stand but Astonishing X-Men #25 is tied up to the SFX storyline and I dunno w/c titles are involved so mapaparami ka kapag inumpisahan mo sa Uncanny X-Men #500.

I'm getting the Ross and Land covers but I won't continue the series. This is a milestone so it's hard to pass up.

It sure is nice to get quality comics in bargain prices.. haha.. Thanks bro..

Meron ng list ng mga comics that are coming next week.. Here are my pulls..

Dead Space #5 (of 6) - isa na lang.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Sparks #2

Straw Men #1 (of 12) - new horror/murder series

New Avengers #43

XMen: Legacy #214

Uncanny XMen #500

Tentative:

Robin #175

I would have gotten Dave Sim's Glamourpuss #2 (coz I have the first issue) but I've decided not to coz the title did not suit my taste glands.. haha.. Its all about how Sim sees fashion.. Not really mi cup o' tea.. hehe.. Pinalitan ko na lang ng Straw Men na medyo nasa serial killer stuff ang tema.. This is actually based on a book and because I love these types of serial killer stuff, I salivated when I saw that it is included in CO's list..

Robin #175 is a tie-in to Batman RIP.. Pinagiisipan ko pa din kung kukunin ko ito and maybe, ign.com will enlighten me.. But there's a huge chance that I might just get it.. Medyo magaganda ang naririnig ko about Chuck Dixon's writing chores..

Uncanny XMen #500 features 2 covers.. I am thinking of getting both covers.. Land and Ross.. Kaso maganda talaga yung kay Ross.. Mas maganda pa dun sa variants ni Turner and Dodson.. I am actually also contemplating on getting the Turner Variant.. Its his last cover and will be nice to have.. P1200 nga lang ito sa Odyssey.. Might really get one.. Card ko na lang para next month ko na babayaran.. hahaha.. Hindi ko kaya yung sketch dahil nasa Php7K siya.. OMFUG!

I'm also getting Ross and Land covers for Uncanny X-Men #500 but I won't continue the series. I would like to continue collecting the series kahit itong arc na ito na lang pero ang daming tie-ins tas wala na atang kopya nung regular cover ng Astonishing X-Men #25, PLUS the fact na X-Men: Legacy got me hooked! I thought the last issue for DWS tie-in for Legacy would be a mediocre pero ok yung last issue.

Nga pala, Dynamic Forces has an alternate Ross cover for Uncanny X-Men #500, di ako sigurado sa price pero malamang PHP1500 kunsakali.

Abangan mo na lang review sa ign for Robin #175 bro. Bad trip nga dito sa shop na ito kase hindi ko mabrowse ang ign. :grr:

Re: Straw Men eh base sa ads eh pinuri ito ni Stephen King so winner ito malamang. Gusto ko nga ding magpareserve kaso limited budget ko sa ngayon dahil sa summer events.

Edited by khumpleetist
actually, i'm gonna start collecting uncan x-men na. i'll start at #500. I think they are goin to be back in the spotlight after secret invasion.

@norbyela

I think the X-Men would have a breakout after Secret Invasion. They just found their new home so I guess they're destined to take the spotlight after the Avengers had Civil War and Secret Inavsion plus a previous Avenger (Hulk) took the cenetrstage for the past 3 years. Yeah, I know they had tie-ins but the past summer events were inspired through the pages of The Avengers. I know they had Endangered Species, Messiah Complex and Divided We Stand but this is their first major event event after their own version of "Disasemmbled".