Dc And Marvel Universe

Na-out sell pala ng Secret Invasion # 1 ang Final Crisis # 1

I guess a lot of fans consider the "crisis" event in DC to be a redundant phenomenon that has nothing new to offer.. But I feel that they are wrong in this regard, coz Grant Morrison should be given a chance to make this bigger than the first crisis.. I am still hoping.. haha..

My pulls for this week:

Amazing Spiderman #569

FC: Rogue's Revenge #2

JSA #18

Kick Ass #4

Lost Boys #4 - last ish

Mighty Avengers #44

New Avengers #44

Wolverine #68

XForce #6

XMen: Legacy #215

Anak ng? Ang dami ah..

Still thinking of getting the FC: Superman Beyond but I think I will pass.. Unless, ign.com says that it is a pre-lude of some sorts to New Krypton and is an important element in FC..

^^

If you think that's plenty bro, look at mine:

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #569

AVENGERS INITIATIVE #16

BLACK PANTHER #40

DC UNIVERSE LAST WILL AND TESTAMENT #1

FINAL CRISIS ROGUES REVENGE #2

FINAL CRISIS SUPERMAN BEYOND #1

JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA #18

KICK ASS #4

MIGHTY AVENGERS #17

NEW AVENGERS #44

NEW EXILES #10

NEW WARRIORS #15

NOVA #16

REIGN IN HELL #2

SECRET INVASION AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1

SHE-HULK 2 #32

STAR WARS REBELLION #16

THUNDERBOLTS #123

X-FORCE #6 - Finally! Hate to drop this but it needs to go.

First time ko magpost d2 sa thread,but i'm a serious comicbook collector adik na nga daw hehe.Ang dami ko din pulls for this week sa comic oddysyey cguro mga 19 items hindi ko na inilist marami eh.2 titles stand out saken this week Justice Society and DCU:Last Will and Testament #1.Ganda ng covers on both comics,but i'm wondering why Geo-Force is on the cover of Last Will.Sa tingin nyo,DEATH CALL 2 para kay Geo-Force?I hope not 'cause he's a cool Z-list character waiting to be redefined by the right writer,could be Brad Melzer's planning for a big payoff of that character.Kay Magog naman sa JSA,isa pang cool looking character sana magstick 2 sa Dc continiuty.

First time ko magpost d2 sa thread,but i'm a serious comicbook collector adik na nga daw hehe.Ang dami ko din pulls for this week sa comic oddysyey cguro mga 19 items hindi ko na inilist marami eh.2 titles stand out saken this week Justice Society and DCU:Last Will and Testament #1.Ganda ng covers on both comics,but i'm wondering why Geo-Force is on the cover of Last Will.Sa tingin nyo,DEATH CALL 2 para kay Geo-Force?I hope not 'cause he's a cool Z-list character waiting to be redefined by the right writer,could be Brad Melzer's planning for a big payoff of that character.Kay Magog naman sa JSA,isa pang cool looking character sana magstick 2 sa Dc continiuty.

Ei welcome to the thread bro..

Justice Society of America is a no-brainer.. Everybody should jump into the storyline.. Napakaganda ng mga reviews.. With regards to Geo-Force.. Hmm.. That is interesting..

@khumpleetist: ang dami mo ngang kukunin, bro.. ngayon, meron ka ng kaagaw sa trono ng pinakamaraming pulls everyweek, dahil andito na si ryan69.. hahaha.. Pareho pa kayong 19 titles.. Haay! Sana next week, medyo umunti naman ang mga kukunin ko.. Ayoko ng madagdagan ang pulls ko dahil ang dami kong parating na balak kunin for next few weeks and months..

here here (tungkol sa upcoming titles na dadating and also because the 2 upcoming comic conventions)

Bro, i-post mo naman details (and dates) nung 2 upcoming comic conventions.. :thumbsupsmiley:

DAIMOS is coming thsi september !!! :thumbsupsmiley:

The toy? or is it a comicbook series?

I'm dropping:

UNCANNY X-MEN

ASTONISHING X-MEN

HULK

I'm just gonna collect some selected limited series or one-shots of them.

I suggest kunin mo na yung #6 ng Hulk, kasi patapos na yung first arc.. At least kumpleto mo yung first storyarc..

share ko lang tong pic..no comics or characters. Just the car showned in the Ironman flick :lol:

*dreaming ako yung may ari :lol

:boo: :cool:

I got all of my pulls (except for Lost Boys which I will get from CO) from Filbars today.. Boy! I got overwhelmed with the amount I paid.. Whew! :unsure: But at least I got all of the comicbooks I need for the week.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Also decided to add the DCU: Last Will and Testament of Meltzer and the Kubert brothers to my pulls.. The reviews in ign were great and because its just a one-shot, I decided to take it.. Its actually a Final Crisis tie-in (well, that is what ign tells us), btw.. Nadagdagan tuloy ang gastos ko.. huhuhu!!!

Kuya REVL: Do you get a discount in Filbars Riverbanks? Do you know if there is gonna be a comic book store in SM Marikina?

According to Filbars managment, their company doesn't have plans of putting up a store in SM City Marikina.. They would retain daw their store at Riverbanks..

As far as my discount with Filbars.. Yes, much like with CO I get a 10% discount from all new comicbooks and magazines (including FHM) dahil member ako ng club nila.. Membership is at 500 pesos for three years.. Plus you get a loyalty card.. Mechanics is when you buy anything (basta hindi consignment) worth 100, you get 1 loyalty point.. If you get 20 loyalty points, you get 100 pesos back.. Bale ibibigay nila or iaawas nila yung isangdaan.. This is the reason why I stay loyal with Filbars.. I think I could fill up at least two loyalty cards per month.. I get all of my Marvel and DC stuff here..

Just read the new Previews for this month (coming this November).. All I can say is that DC is on fire on that month.. From Batman, Superman, and JSA.. All are major storylines that are can't miss.. And one more thing, if you look at the checklist for Superman's New Kyrpton and JSA's Kingdom Come, you would feel that DC is milking our money for everything those storylines are worth.. <_< Hope these storylines deliver their hype..

Now, with Spideman, the new storyline is again sucking.. Anti-Venom? What are the Marveloids thinking? Venom is a character that has been used and misused for their money making gambles and has since back-fired.. Now they are bringing Brock back as the Anti-Venom? Sheesh! Nothing new!!! I would not be surprised if Carnage makes an appearance somewhere.. Nauubusan na talaga ng istorya ang Marvel pagdating kay Spiderman.. Well, Brock's back and I have to accept it.. Just hoping that thing's will turn out for the better even though I feel otherwise.. :thumbsdownsmiley:

Edited by revi

@ judewafu, maganda ang mga unang 4 to 5 issues kaso after that very dragging na ang storylines kaya nawala tuloy ng follwoing ang ALL STAR BATMAN & ROBIN . Jim Lee & Frank Miller pa ang gumawa nyan. vol 1 ( 1 to 6 lang yan ). nainis talaga ang mga tao dahil sa sobrang delay din ng pag release ng comics . imagine from 2005 up to now 9 issues lang ang lumabas.......kaya medyo tagilid sya...pero pag di sya delaying sure top 10 yan. :goatee:

My pulls for this week:

End League #4

The Roberts #1

Green Lantern #34

Titans #4

Amazing Spiderman #570

Invincible Iron Man #5 - one issue na lang tapos na ang 1st storyarc! :thumbsupsmiley:

I am not sure if I will get XMen: Manifest Destiny #1.. If these are just short stories (with no significance) of XMen under a new place, I might just pass on this.. hehehe.. Well, will wait for ign.com's review.. I am intrigued with Marvel Apes #1.. Would this be like Marvel Zombies #1? I highly doubt it, though..

And anything on Twelve 1/2 guys? What is this? Should I get this coz I am picking up the Twelve series? :unsure:

Edited by revi

@norbyela

I completely understand you, that's fine. :cool: Nice meeting you man.

@revi

I also doubt that Marvel Apes would have the same impact as Marvel Zombies but we can only hope for the best. Hahaha!

Here are my reservations for this week:

HELLBLAZER PRESENTS CHAS THE KNOWLEDGE #3

MARVEL APES #1

SECRET WARS ALEX ROSS POSTER

Lying low for now.

ATTENTION!!!:

COLLECTICON 2008

Oct. 4 & 5, 2008

Robinsons Midtown Mall Atrium

Ermita, Manila

10:00 am - 9:00 pm

Admission is FREE

This will be a big toys and collectible swap meet experience with 1500 sq.m. of open activity space. There will be more than 60 booths with toys, comics and other collectible merchandises. Lots of fun and surprises.

Activities in line :

Toy Auctions

Live Bands

Oldest Toy and Comics Collectible Contest

Trivia Contests

Photo and Video Contest

Meet and Greet

Photo Ops

and a few more in the works!

Thanks for the head's up, norbs.. :thumbsupsmiley:

@revi

I also doubt that Marvel Apes would have the same impact as Marvel Zombies but we can only hope for the best. Hahaha!

Here are my reservations for this week:

HELLBLAZER PRESENTS CHAS THE KNOWLEDGE #3

MARVEL APES #1

SECRET WARS ALEX ROSS POSTER

Lying low for now.

I've also decided to reserve a copy of Mavel Apes #1.. Will place it on hold under my reservations for a week or two.. But I still have STRONG doubts if I should get it.. I googled the writer of the series, and he has not really written anything that can be considered a winner (that is, if you think XMEN 2099 is - hahaha!).. So, if its not really worth it, I will just return it..

Kirkman kasi ang Zombies di ba? You can't go wrong with the writer of the Walking Dead.. But look at Marvel Zombies II, hindi masyadong bumenta kasi medyo nagasgas na ang topic na ito.. Well, lets all just wait and see what would the public think of the newest "would-be-phenomenon?" --- Marvel Apes.. haha..

Bro khumpleetist, medyo kakaunti kukunin mo this week ah.. Will you be cutting your GL takes? How about the tie-ins for both Secret Invasion and Final Crisis? Sayang naman kung maputol mo ang mga ito.. Especially SI, kasi next week lalabas na yung SI #6, so patapos na siya, bro..

I made a boo-boo on my pull-list on the last page.. Wala palang ni-list si Sandy na The Stand at DT: Treachery.. haha.. Both (I think) will be coming out on September 10 pa.. haha.. Baka kasi yung iba nakita yun at i-expect na meron itong dalawang comics na ito.. Next week pa po sila lalabas, FYI.. Kaya magastos ang pulls ko for next week.. :unsure:

@revi

We can only hope na pumatok ang monkey business tulad ng mga patay bro. Hahahaha!

I've decided to discontinue almost every tie-in sa Final Crisis at Secret Invasion kahit sayang at masama sa loob ko. Yung FC: Rogue's Revenge lang ang sigurado sa mga tie-in. Dami kasi biglang nagsulputang gastusin eh. Yung GL eh nagdadalwang isip ako pero kukuha ako ng kopya bukas ng GL at kung sakaling matapos na yung Blackest Night eh itutuloy ko pa din siguro yung GLC. Ten titles na lang yung regular titles ko at piling pili na lang yung mga limited series ko: Final Crisis, Secret Invasion, Batman RIP (w/out the tie-ins), Mouse Guard, Avengers/Invaders, Tangent: Reign Of Superman, Final Crisis: Rogue's Revenge & Hellblazer: Chas-The Knowledge.

Gulat nga din ako sa pull list mo, sobrang advanced. Hehehe. Yung The Stand eh mga 30 issues ata pag nakumpleto.

btw, i'd just like to promote my friend's comic shop sa makati... sa may bandang buendia. Fourth Wall comics. papasok sa Filmore sa may Einthoven street malapit sa Cash and Carry. The guy has good selections pero every other week yung delivery so you have to be patient. But it's worth it kasi comic fan talaga yung owner, he's not afraid to tell you what to read and what not to read. so kung taga-Makati ka, you might want to try it there.

At any rate, Batman still sucks. Getting more and more disappointed with Morrison. Somebody kick his ass for me please. pero sige, I've come to accept that this will be a natural evolution for Batman, I just don't like the way it's being handled. (read: RETCON)

Still loving Secret Invasion and I'm thinking about getting the Deluxe Edition of The Man Who Laughs (yes, I am a Marvel fanboy who happens to love reading Batman, sue me). Can anybody tell me if it's worth shelling out for the Hardcover? I recently bought The Killing Joke na recolored edition by Brian Bolland and it was nice.

Keep believin' True Believers...

At any rate, Batman still sucks. Getting more and more disappointed with Morrison. Somebody kick his ass for me please. pero sige, I've come to accept that this will be a natural evolution for Batman, I just don't like the way it's being handled. (read: RETCON)

Still loving Secret Invasion and I'm thinking about getting the Deluxe Edition of The Man Who Laughs (yes, I am a Marvel fanboy who happens to love reading Batman, sue me). Can anybody tell me if it's worth shelling out for the Hardcover? I recently bought The Killing Joke na recolored edition by Brian Bolland and it was nice.

A lot of critics are disappointed with Morrison's RIP.. Well, maybe its because a lot of expectations were thrown at him and he has not delivered.. But I am still waiting for the finale before I make my judgement.. Although, I also hated the Batman and Son storyline.. It was not really Morrison-esque, IMO.. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.. haha..

The Man who Laughs is reviewed highly by critics and I think getting the HC will be a good companion for the Killing Joke HC.. Get it, dude..

This October, Brian Azzarello's Joker HC

Eto ang hinihintay ko.. Ever since I saw how Lee Bermejo drew the Joker (in Wizard #196), I've already decided to get the Graphic Novel.. Kamukha ng itsura kasi ng Joker ni Heath Ledger.. Stunning artwork would make any fan-boy scream with delight.. I just hope Azzarello delivers an equally stunning storyline.. :thumbsupsmiley:

This October, Brian Azzarello's Joker HC

is this a new storyline?

A lot of critics are disappointed with Morrison's RIP.. Well, maybe its because a lot of expectations were thrown at him and he has not delivered.. But I am still waiting for the finale before I make my judgement.. Although, I also hated the Batman and Son storyline.. It was not really Morrison-esque, IMO.. Kinda pathetic if you ask me.. haha..

The Man who Laughs is reviewed highly by critics and I think getting the HC will be a good companion for the Killing Joke HC.. Get it, dude..

Thanks. And yes, the Batman and Son thing also sucked. Morrison's down to two issues on RIP and I feel like he's barely made a point. The guy has to be snorting something. hahahaha!