Dc And Marvel Universe

reachard & khumpleetist, thanks for the welcome.

Am looking forward to Batman RIP and Final Crisis. Morrison is among my favorite writers. Seems anything he touches turns to gold. Although I haven't really been too happy with things at DC post-OYL. Except for Batman, Detective, and JSA. (Johns doing the JSA is da'bomb)

Are most people here buying the individual issues? I'm actually a wait-for-trade-er. I prefer reading them as a tpb.

Am looking forward to Batman RIP and Final Crisis. Morrison is among my favorite writers. Seems anything he touches turns to gold. Although I haven't really been too happy with things at DC post-OYL. Except for Batman, Detective, and JSA. (Johns doing the JSA is da'bomb)

Are most people here buying the individual issues? I'm actually a wait-for-trade-er. I prefer reading them as a tpb.

your welcome bro :lol:

yep almost all of us who hangs out in this thread buys comics in a weekly/singles basis :D

hahaha kakabitin nga lang compared sa tpb complete na :lol:

Am looking forward to Batman RIP and Final Crisis. Morrison is among my favorite writers. Seems anything he touches turns to gold.

Morrison? He is one of the best writers of our generation.. His BATMAN series came out smoking slowly.. It had okay reviews but now? Its reviews are solid way up there.. Grant Morrison's RIP and Final Crisis, should be one of the best reads of this year.. Speaking of writers, I wonder what happened to Frank Miller.. His All-Star Batman sucks, IMO.. Jim Lee is still Jim Lee, but Miller's storytelling is just a disappointment.. (Yung ngang Wildcats nina Miller and Lee, hindi na nasundan ang first issue, hahaha!)..

Yep, reachard is right, bro.. A lot of us here still get singles.. TPB's are okay, if I don't have the complete set, but if I have one, di na ako bumibili ng TPB's..

BTW, for those who are interested.. I am selling my New Avengers "Breakout", and Crisis On Infinite Earths TPB's.. :blush:

Edited by revi
Morrison? He is one of the best writers of our generation.. His BATMAN series came out smoking slowly.. It had okay reviews but now? Its reviews are solid way up there.. Grant Morrison's RIP and Final Crisis, should be one of the best reads of this year.. Speaking of writers, I wonder what happened to Frank Miller.. His All-Star Batman sucks, IMO.. Jim Lee is still Jim Lee, but Miller's storytelling is just a disappointment.. (Yung ngang Wildcats nina Miller and Lee, hindi na nasundan ang first issue, hahaha!)..

Yep, reachard is right, bro.. A lot of us here still get singles.. TPB's are okay, if I don't have the complete set, but if I have one, di na ako bumibili ng TPB's..

BTW, for those who are interested.. I am selling my New Avengers "Breakout", and Crisis On Infinite Earths TPB's.. :blush:

kelan ba release ng Batman RIP bro?

same with me pag kumpleto ko yung arc by singles di na rin ako nabili ng TPB or depende din pwede din yung TPB ginagamit ko for reading purposes na lang kasi another purpose why we are buying comics is for collections purpose din :lol:

Bro nabasa ko yung TPB ng Infinite Earth haha medjo old school yung art tska nahirapan ako intindihin sa una kasi I'm not familiar with most of DC heroes pero ok naman siya :D

reachard, read CRISIS on INFINITE EARTHS 1st then OMAC PROJECT, RANN-THANAGAR WAR, DAYS OF VENGEANCE , VILLAINS UNITED & SUPERMAN " SACRIFICE " then proceed INFINITE CRISIS ....you will understand the story & the DC UNIVERSE.......... :thumbsupsmiley:

ako naman wlang alam sa MARVEL UNIVERSE.....hahahahaha :blush:

btw, try nyo SUPER FRIENDS # 1 - entertaining sya at sarap basahin - feel like a kid again... :upside:

plus there's gonna be a new JUSTICE LEAGUE - Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Supergirl, Batwoman plus a surprise character........ :goatee: goal nila dito is to seek JUSTICE unlike sa JLA - pag may trouble dyan lang sila lalabas... :flowers:

kelan ba release ng Batman RIP bro?

same with me pag kumpleto ko yung arc by singles di na rin ako nabili ng TPB or depende din pwede din yung TPB ginagamit ko for reading purposes na lang kasi another purpose why we are buying comics is for collections purpose din :lol:

Bro nabasa ko yung TPB ng Infinite Earth haha medjo old school yung art tska nahirapan ako intindihin sa una kasi I'm not familiar with most of DC heroes pero ok naman siya :D

Morrison's run on the JLA was the greatest run on the Justice League, imo. Followed by Waid's short JLA stint. :thumbsupsmiley: Meltzer's JLA stumbled from the beginning and never got up. <_<

As for the original Crisis, the irony of it was that what was to make DC easier to understand made it more complicated. So it had be corrected in Zero Hour and Infinite Crisis. They wrote away the concept of the multiverse, then decided to bring it back again.

Medyo jam-packed ang mga pulls ko this week.. Haay..

Countdown #4

Trials of Shazam #12

Dead Space #2

Cable #2

Dark Tower #2

Kick Ass #2

Secret Invasion #1

Twelve #4

Young XMen #1

SuperPowers #2

With regards to Secret Invasion, I am sure to get the regular version (I won't be getting the blank version) but I am torn if I should get a variant.. :unsure: I am thinking of the McNiven variant (1 of 25) kasi mas mura vs. Yu's.. Kaso para sa akin, mas maganda pang tingnan yung regular cover than the Mc Niven variant.. Yu's variant rocks, but its 800 pesos more than the McNiven variant.. That is just overkill.. <_< Nakakainis..

Any of you here getting any of the SI variants?

I'm tempted to get a Blank Variant kasi parang ang gandang mag-pasketch kay Leinil pag may autograph signing ulit pero hindi ako nakapagpareserve. Baka pag may mga kopya pa eh kumuha ako ng Blank Variant. My reservations for this week:

Cable #2

Dark Tower: The Long Road Home #2

Kick-Ass #2

New Exiles #4

Project Superpowers #2

Secret Invasion #1

Young X-Men #1

@revi

Pass ka ba sa Zorro # 2? Btw, I saw a Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash # 1 (Freddy Variant) at Druid's Keep last Sunday. I was tempted to get it kasi ang taas ng value. Recommend ko na lang sa 'yo.

@reachard

Pass ka na din ba sa New Exiles?

I'm just "looking forward" to Batman RIP due to budget constraints. I'll be getting Final Crisis of course! :thumbsupsmiley: I only read a handful of Morrison's work but I can say he's a better writer, better lang muna kasi ilan pa lang nabasa ko eh. Since you're following Johns I'd recommend Green Lantern and probably Green Lantern Corps as a compliment. He wrote the best limited series last year (Sinestro Corps) and he's gearing up for the follow up (Blackest Night).

I buy individual issues kasi yung mga key issues eh tumataas ang value although anxiety sets in most of the time because you have to wait for another 30 days for the continuation. I rarely but TPBs but continuation wise TPBS are definitely better.

Edited by khumpleetist
I'm tempted to get a Blank Variant kasi parang ang gandang mag-pasketch kay Leinil pag may autograph signing ulit pero hindi ako nakapagpareserve. Baka pag may mga kopya pa eh kumuha ako ng Blank Variant. My reservations for this week:

Cable #2

Kick-Ass #2

New Exiles #4

Project Superpowers #2

Secret Invasion #1

Young X-Men #1

@revi

Pass ka ba sa Zorro # 2? Btw, I saw a Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash # 1 (Freddy Variant) at Druid's Keep last Sunday. I was tempted to get it kasi ang taas ng value. Recommend ko na lang sa 'yo.

@reachard

Pass ka na din ba sa New Exiles?

haha I almost forgot uu nga pala New Exiles , SI, Dark Tower and Cable #2

possible I'll get the variants

Wow! Talaga? All variants? 3K, 2K at 1,2K ang mga variants, bro ah.. Lahat yun kukunin mo? I don't have enough budget for that.. I am thinking of getting just the McNiven variant but his art on the variant is not something to salivate for.. Yun lang ang medyo swak sa budget ko eh.. 2K is just too much for a single comicbook.. Makakabili ka na ng mga hard to find sets sa ganung halaga eh.. For collection purposes lang talaga ang variants..

Comic Odyssey told me last week that they only have 2 copies of the Yu variant.. Ewan ko kung accurate yun.. You better reserve your copy ASAP, bro.. Baka magkaubusan ng variants..

Cable #2

Kick-Ass #2

New Exiles #4

Project Superpowers #2

Secret Invasion #1

Young X-Men #1

@revi

Ei bro.. Thanks for the head's up.. But sadly I have the Freddy variant already.. Ang kailangan ko ay yung kay Jason.. I have the Freddy and the Ash covers already.. And I might also get the 2nd print coz it combined all covers.. Hinihintay ko lang i-sale.. hahaha...

I never took Zorro #1 bro.. Kasi hindi first appearance ni Zorro ito in a comibook format.. What I am planning to get is The Man With No Name comic.. Coz as far as I know, this would be that character's first appearance in a comicbook..

I think madami naman ang blank variant bro sa SI.. Makakakuha ka pa niyan.. Ikaw, bro, do you think I should get a McNiven variant? Tumaas na din ang value ng mga variants ng first ish ng Civil War eh.. Para lang kasing magandang magkaroon.. Kung Turner or Finch or Ross ito hindi na ako nag-dalawang isip eh.. :unsure:

^ As of this time, I am still not sure if I would get a variant or not..

FF? Fantastic Four? I am currently getting Millar's FF, and I would most probably get the FF limited series that is tied with the Secret Invastion series..

si gf ang kumukuha ng FF ni Millar eh, actually nagustuhan nya :D

Baka Avengers kunin ko sa SI, daming tie ins amf :boo:

lucky guys kayo...ako, i'm having a big worry...migrating ako sa ibang country and baka maputulan ako ng collection.....huhuhu.....i love to get the alex ross' invaders/avengers series , SECRET INVASION n FINAL crisis.........plus my kids just cost me a PS3 console last week.........kaya tight tight budget ako.............pero buti sabi ni DK na they will collect it for me..... :upside: