Dc And Marvel Universe

Tagna! Yang Umbrella Academy ang nakakabwisit.. I have seen 2nd prints of number 1, but its like impossible to get the first print (first issue).. Its one of the hottest comics right now.. Much like the Sinestro Corps Special #1, this issue (IMO) has a low print run.. Nagpapahanap ako sa Filbar's at Comic Odyssey niyan, bro.. Sabi ko, if I will get the first print of issue #1, I will get all UA issues na..

Funny, Ive seen a lot of these sa Comic Odyssey bago naubos. Dapat pala kumuha kahit alam ko nang nag-hit pero ewan ko ba. Hindi ko mafeel na kunin. Hahaha. Sa ngayon eh may Evil Dead # 1 pa sila at Infinite Horizon # 1 (sold-out to). Pero pareho ng feeling sa UA eh. Hay...

IMO, Comic Odyssey is the best place to get your comics.. Kung hindi lang ako nahihiya dito sa Filbars Riverbanks, ililipat ko ang reservations ko sa kanila eh.. Discounted ng 10% ang lahat dito (if they know you, or if you ask for a discount) from comics, TPBs, back issues, magazines to comicbook supplies.. And the comics are also placed in plastic and boarded.. So pinakamura at pinaka maganda ang condition ng comics sa kanila.. Right now, I ask them to reserve several indie releases from IDW, Dark Horse, and the like --- that is, kung meron sila..

Sana nga magkaroon ang Odyssey ng comics from Boom! Studios.. I would like to get a hold of the up and coming Godfather comicbooks kasi eh.. :rolleyes:

The best comic shop for me bro. :thumbsupsmiley: You know what? As long as regular ka sa kanila eh makaka order ka nung mga titles. Pero kailangan na orderin mo at least 2 weeks bago lumabas yung comic para ma-kaorder siguro para sa 'yo. I hae my eyes on Godfather too. Hehehe.

Bro when release ng Final Crisis Secret Invasion?

Went to Festival Mall last friday and luckily they got the Capt America issues na kulang ko (#23,#24,27,#31) got lucky cause they are also on sale 20% off so i got the comics 130 php each :) Dami din silang sinestro corps I think makakapag backtrack ako sa comc quest mega and festi :)

They also do have (Comic Quest festi) civil war 1st prints (#3-7) na nga lang 255 each..Yoko lang sa filbars and comic quest they don't have plastics and board just like sa comic oddysey :(

Antay ka ng June or July bro para dun sa summer events. I'm glad na nakabacktrack ka. Swerte ah. Wag mo nang palampasin yung mga Sinestro Corps lung makakakuha ka pa. :cool:

Antay ka ng June or July bro para dun sa summer events. I'm glad na nakabacktrack ka. Swerte ah. Wag mo nang palampasin yung mga Sinestro Corps lung makakakuha ka pa. :cool:

sige dude try ko makapag backtrack ng Sinestro Corps :)

Got this small X-men cards at Comic Odyssey about the X-Men parting ways? do you think ok yung arc nito? Feb 2007 siya

Got this small X-men cards at Comic Odyssey about the X-Men parting ways? do you think ok yung arc nito? Feb 2007 siya

Are you talking about the "Endangered Species" storyline, bro? I am really not sure kung ano kasi yung X-Men small cards you are talking about eh.. But if they are free cards, those should be the marketing cards of Marvel.. So, it should be "Endangered Species" right?

Anyhow, that series is not really that great.. Nothing major happened and it only had so-so reviews.. The one that you should back track is the "Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire" --- a 12 issue arc from Uncanny XMen #475 - 486.. This is where Xavier regained the use of his telepathic powers and the death of Corsair (Starjammers).. This arc is not that HOT, but it has had good reviews then, and the first issues are slowly increasing in value, based on the recent Wizard issue..

probably its the " DIVIDED WE STAND " storylines leading towards uncanny x-men # 500 :thumbsupsmiley:

Kasi ang sinabi ni reachard ay Feb. 2007 not 2008, so I assumed its Endangered Species..

@reachard: Typo ba ito bro? haha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Well, with all the nice reviews of Messiah Complex, I assume that the next storyline leading to Uncanny #500 would be good.. I will get "Divided We Stand.." In all actuality, I might even get the first storyarc of the new XForce.. Yung new Cable series ang hindi ko masyado type.. But will definitely get the first issue for investment purposes.. :rolleyes:

The problem is if this would be a cross-over of sorts, mapapagastos na naman tayo.. Last I heard from Wizard is that the major comic for Divided is Uncanny.. So, I am sure to get Uncanny 496-499.. I am sure to get XForce 1-6, but yung ibang X-books kung tie-ins lang, wala akong balak kumuha.. But if its a cross-over, obligado ako na kunin lahat.. <_<

Edited by revi
Kasi ang sinabi ni reachard ay Feb. 2007 not 2008, so I assumed its Endangered Species..

Well, with all the nice reviews of Messiah Complex, I assume that the next storyline leading to Uncanny #500 would be good.. I will get "Divided We Stand.." In all actuality, I might even get the first storyarc of the new XForce.. Yung new Cable series ang hindi ko masyado type.. But will definitely get the first issue for investment purposes.. :rolleyes:

The problem is if this would be a cross-over of sorts, mapapagastos na naman tayo.. Last I heard from Wizard is that the major comic for Divided is Uncanny.. So, I am sure to get Uncanny 496-499.. I am sure to get XForce 1-6, but yung ibang X-books kung tie-ins lang, wala akong balak kumuha.. But if its a cross-over, obligado ako na kunin lahat.. <_<

Ooops my bad Sir :)...Yep that's it Divided we stand

I agree mukhang magastos kasi daming issues nun eh :)

the SINESTRO CORPS WAR is the story leading to THE BLACKEST NIGHT ( 2009) .....kaya hataw na sa back issues.....hehehe :hypocritesmiley:

That trick made an impact for Justice Society Of America to be included on people's pull list. Geoff John made this trick on early issues of that series advertising the Kingdom Come Superman appearing on the book but Green Lantern revelation had a more intriguing taste because I've read the Sinestro Corps War unlike Kingdom Come na hindi ko nabasa.

Parang tie-ins lang pero hindi crossover na ewan. I'll definitely get both first issues and susundan ko siguro yung Cable lalo na yung Uncanny X-Men # 500. By the way, sa April ata ang labas nung Young X-Men. Mukhang mapapagastos ka na naman dito bro. Hahaha.

Parang tie-ins lang pero hindi crossover na ewan. I'll definitely get both first issues and susundan ko siguro yung Cable lalo na yung Uncanny X-Men # 500. By the way, sa April ata ang labas nung Young X-Men. Mukhang mapapagastos ka na naman dito bro. Hahaha.

i agree dagdag titles means dagdag gastos hehe pero worth it naman =)

Hey, I've found some new comic series outside of the Big Two and some. They are shceduled for February release. I dunno if you'll be able to get them through your fave shops but I'll also inquire through mine and send me a PM if you are interested. I won't order them for you but I'll inquire if my shop can get them and refer you. Here goes:

Narcopolis # 1 from Avatar Press (www.avatarpress.com)

NARCOPOLIS, a brand new series by Hellblazer scribe Jamie Delano, will begin in February 2008 from Avatar Press. Within the isolating cliffs of Narcopolis, citizen Gray Neighbor lives a routine of building missiles for the fight against the ever present threat of foreign evil. But a few chance events uncover a deep and unnerving rabbit hole, and Narcopolis’ operation begins to reveal its true nature. Any fan of George Orwell or Grant Morrison’s The Filth can’t miss this 4-issue series by one of the most innovative writers in comics. This visionary new mini-series by creator Jamie Delano features the art of Jeremy Rock and color by Greg Waller, and NARCOPOLIS will ship monthly beginning with issue #1 in February 2008.

Welcome to the city of Narcopolis. Entrusting their welfare to the state, citizens here are repaid for aiding the war effort against the ever looming BadEvil with leisure time, sexual pleasures, and the intoxicating “juice” that is issued by the city. Most citizens are content with these rewards, but not Gray Neighbor.

“Most of the population appears content to exist, incurious and unquestioning of the status quo,” notes Narcopolis creator Jamie Delano, “But the odd one or two are disturbed by the rhythm of a different drum… unsettled by the vaguely conscious suspicion that the state — represented by a sickly ‘maternal’ philosophy/brand known as Mama Dream — may not be as benevolent as commonly perceived.”

Consequently city TRUST agents are watching Neighbor closely, and Agent Azure Love is commissioned to quell the threat of his curiosity. What lies beyond Narcopolis’ borders? Is the unquestioned constitution of the state more frightening than its enemies from without? Gray Neighbor is compelled to find out what lies at the heart of Mama Dream, and in the process Agent Love is going to discover answers to questions which the sheep never dared to contemplate.

Delano broke into the comic book industry in the early 1980’s at Marvel UK, but it was his inventive work in launching DC series Hellblazer later that decade that brought him to the attention of a worldwide audience. He subsequently wrote several series for DC/Vertigo, including 2020 Visions, Outlaw Nation, and The Horrorist. “I felt that it might be a good time for me to diversify,” says Delano of his upcoming Avatar work. “Move a little away from the mainstream, both in terms of outlets for my work and its nature. William Christensen at Avatar supported this aim by giving me a free rein to have fun.” NARCOPOLIS will be Delano’s first creator-owned work published by Avatar Press.

“Jeremy Rock is the excellent artist on the work,” notes Delano. “All I can say is that Jeremy Rock has done a fantastic job in visually realising my crazed imaginings.” Rock has worked on covers for Avatar’s Lady Death and Living Dead series as well as other previous titles with the publisher.

NARCOPOLIS #1 will arrive at local comic retailers in February, 2008, and the 4-issue series will arrive monthly in standard-size comic book format. The brainchild of legendary DC/Vertigo trailblazer Jamie Delano, NARCOPOLIS features the artwork of Jeremy Rock and color by Greg Waller. This must read miniseries will be priced at $3.99 an issue.

Tiger & Crane # 1 from Bluewater Comics

The famous martial arts folk hero, Wong Fei Hung, teams up with America’s greatest spy, Foster Dulles, to find the ancient Staff of the Monkey King before a highly ruthless team of super-ninjas can exploit it and help the Japanese win World War 2. Tiger and Crane is a fresh new take on a classic Chinese hero, a kinetic blend of kung fu comedy with the amazing high adventure of Indiana Jones and the thrilling espionage of James Bond.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/articles/4048.asp

Rasl # 1 from Cartoon Books

Jeff Smith, the visionary writer and artist behind the epic fantasy Bone and Shazam: Monster Society of Evil, unveils his newest series, the stark sci-fi series, Rasl! Meet Rasl, an art thief searching for his next big score - and trying to escape his past! Where other thieves plan their heists with breathtaking precision, Rasl has an ace up his sleeve - he can travel through the light between dimensions, affording him access to museums that no ordinary thief could access! In this issue Rasl faces an assassin's bullet and stumbles across a mystery that not only threatens to expose his own illicit activities, but could also uncover one of the world's most dangerous and sought after secrets. Smith's first major independent work since the critically acclaimed and award-winning Bone will be 32 pages long.

http://www.boneville.com/2007/06/29/rasl/

The Age Of Insects Not Human # 1 from Critical Mass (www.ageofinsects.com)

A newly engineered species is on the rise, one that possesses insect characteristics and whose maltreatment at the hands of Homo sapiens has caused them to rebel against the death squads that hunt them down! The rebellion has escalated as the Hybrids, working under the direction of a reclusive yet powerful leader, embark on a campaign to destroy all humanity with the aid of the entire insect kingdom. Caught in the middle of the conflict is Flynn Morgan, a reluctant savior for the new species, who resists his biology and his destiny. To the Hybrids who seek him out, he is their future. For the Humans, he is an enemy to be exterminated at all costs!

Zorro # 1 from Dynamite Entertainment (www.dynamiteentertainment.com)

Dynamite presents the return of yet another Legend as Matt Wagner unveils the all-new Zorro! Writer, Art Director and cover artist Matt Wagner is in command of this all-new 'year one' Zorro comic series. Similar in tone and scope to Dynamite's acclaimed Lone Ranger series, Zorro features artist Francesco Francavilla who complements Wagner's pulp-action writing! Created in 1919 by pulp writer Johnston McCulley, Zorro made his first appearance in 'The Curse of Capistrano,' serialized in the pulp magazine All-Story Weekly. From there Zorro has been the star of countless films and has been noted by Bob Kane as a main influence on Batman - Bruce Wayne even went to see The Mark of Zorro the evening his parents were killed! - and recently featured in a best-selling novel by Isabel Allende! Joining Wagner - who also provides covers for the series (50%) - and Francavilla for the return of the legendary Zorro are cover artists Mike Mayhew and Dean White (25%) and Lone Ranger cover artist John Cassaday (25%)

Halloween: Nightdance from Devil's Due Publishing (http://devilsdue.net)

Michael Myers returns! A new four-issue miniseries continuing the story from the classic 1978 film by John Carpenter! On October 31st, evil descends on the small town of Russellville, Illinois. A young girl named Lisa discovers that a secret from her past has come back to haunt her, and he's leaving a trail of bodies in his wake! Written by the director of the Halloween: 25 Years of Terror documentary! Each issue of this series will have an alternate cover by a 'Master of Comic Book Horror' artist!

Spooks # 1 from Devil's Due Publishing (http://devilsdue.net)

Spooks is the name of a secret branch of the government that guards humanity from things that go bump in the night, and when the king of all vampires allies with the deadliest of witches, it unleashes an invasion of classic monsters on Washington DC, in an all out battle for control of the Earth. Monster designs by R.A. Salvatore - Military characters designed by G.I. Joe legend, Larry Hama!

The World Of D&D Anthology # 1 from Devil's Due Publishing (http://devilsdue.net)

The tomes of Dungeons & Dragons hold countless stories of fascinating mystery, unbelievable danger and bravery beyond compare! Beginning here, these tales come to light! Starting here: Delve into stories of Raistlin of Dragonlance fame, Drizzt of Forgotten Realms & other stories of Dungeons & Dragons not yet explored!

Featuring tales of Drizzt and Raistlin!

Double-sized! Monthly!

Locke & Key # 1 from IDW (http://www.idwpublishing.com/titles/locke_key.shtml)

Acclaimed suspense novelist and New York Times best-selling author Joe Hill (Heart-Shaped Box) creates an all-new story of dark fantasy and wonder: Locke & Key. Written by Hill and featuring astounding artwork from Gabriel Rodriguez (Clive Barker's The Great and Secret Show, Beowulf), Locke & Key tells of Keyhouse, an unlikely New England mansion, with fantastic doors that transform all who dare to walk through them.... and home to a hate-filled and relentless creature that will not rest until it forces open the most terrible door of them all...

Jumper: Jumpscars from Oni Press (www.onipress.com)

A prequel to the upcoming Hayden Christiansen and Samuel L. Jackson feature film from director Doug Liman (Mr. & Mrs. Smith), Jumpscars pulls back the world we know to reveal a spectacular and ancient war being waged under our very noses!

For centuries Jumpers have lived among us — special individuals with the ability to teleport or "jump" nearly anywhere in the world. For almost as long, the Paladins, a secret and powerful order, have protected us from these dangerous and unpredictable individuals, sacrificing everything to keep humanity safe!

For LEGO collectors there's a new magazine called BrickJournal from TwoMorrows Publishing. The magazine orignated from PDF files that can be downloaded for a price. I think this is the hobby's first magazine/guide

BrickJournal 1 (Volume 2) features reports on some of the top events worldwide that are held by the LEGO community, including Northwest Brickcon in the US, and events in Denmark and Germany. There's also interviews with LEGO set designers and other adult LEGO builders, including LEGO Certified Professional Nathan Sawaya! Plus there's step-by-step instructions, new set reviews, and other surprises in every issue!

We’re excited to announce that starting in February 2008, BrickJournal is becoming a print publication, with a new issue 1 (Volume 2)! While we'll still offer downloadable Digital Editions (for $3.95 US each), subscribers to the print edition get the Digital Edition FREE! (A private e-mail link will automatically be sent to subscribers when each new Digital Edition is posted.)

http://twomorrows.com/index.php?main_page=...products_id=609

Finally, this comic was launched last year but if you wanted to get a piece of Guiness history you might as well pick up Kiss 4K # 1 Destroyer Edition. As far as I know there was a Black Bar Variant w/c was the most popular. I'm not even sure if any comic shop here can get this. Anyway it's worth to check it out.

Issue #1 of the new KISS Comics Group release KISS 4K Legends Never Die! Guinness World Record Certified Largest Comic Book Ever Published; measures 2 1/2 feet high x 1 1/2 feet wide.

Variant cover with White bar across the top, and White Destroyer Edition across the bottom; only 200 printed.

http://store.platinumstudios.com/product_p...scoverwhite.htm

:thumbsupsmiley: haha.. Wala pa naman talagang masyadong news dun sa Young X-Men.. But I will keep an eye on it.. Ofcourse, will get the first issue bro.. Baka ito yung next New Mutants or Generation X --> this kinda sucked though, IMO.. haha..

Hey, I've found some new comic series outside of the Big Two and some. They are shceduled for February release. I dunno if you'll be able to get them through your fave shops but I'll also inquire through mine and send me a PM if you are interested. I won't order them for you but I'll inquire if my shop can get them and refer you. Here goes:

Sa list na ito.. Ang mukhang kukunin ko ay yung Locke and Key.. :rolleyes:

Just checked ign.com and comicbookresources.com.. News is that DC has already slated a new Batman storyline in April.. Batman: RIP.. the Death of Batman.. Hmmm... I wonder who would "k*ll" Batman.. Bane? Joker? Two-Face? --- this arc is written by Grant Morrison and will NOT be a cross-over thingie (yipee!!)..

When Bane broke Batman's back in the Knightfall series, Azrael took the mantle of the Bat as Bruce Wayne was recuperating.. And then, Nightwing took over as Azrael became too crazy even for Gotham's crazy criminals.. IMO, the Knightfall series was a good series but the ending sucked.. This is why the issue of the "Breaking of the Bat" became a so-so issue.. It actually became insignificant..

I wonder if Morrison's Death of the Batman would be handled differently.. Morrison is a good writer and I had high expectations since Batman #655, but recently, Morrison has not really given much flavor to Bats.. Except for the introduction of Bats' son (Damian) and Jezebel Jet (another love interest), Morrison has yet to prove as to why he was tasked to write one of DC's finest titles.. And maybe this storyline, would prove that.. Kaya kukunin ko itong storyline na ito.. :thumbsupsmiley:

:thumbsupsmiley: haha.. Wala pa naman talagang masyadong news dun sa Young X-Men.. But I will keep an eye on it.. Ofcourse, will get the first issue bro.. Baka ito yung next New Mutants or Generation X --> this kinda sucked though, IMO.. haha..

Probably, pero parang New X-Men din ito kasi mawawala na nga yun (New X-Men) at yung mga writer eh sila ang asa Young X-Men project. Yung Divided We Stand storyline eh sa Uncanny X-Men lalabas at mukhang 3 issues pero lahat ng X-books eh naka tie-in.

Just checked ign.com and comicbookresources.com.. News is that DC has already slated a new Batman storyline in April.. Batman: RIP.. the Death of Batman.. Hmmm... I wonder who would "k*ll" Batman.. Bane? Joker? Two-Face? --- this arc is written by Grant Morrison and will NOT be a cross-over thingie (yipee!!)..

When Bane broke Batman's back in the Knightfall series, Azrael took the mantle of the Bat as Bruce Wayne was recuperating.. And then, Nightwing took over as Azrael became too crazy even for Gotham's crazy criminals.. IMO, the Knightfall series was a good series but the ending sucked.. This is why the issue of the "Breaking of the Bat" became a so-so issue.. It actually became insignificant..

I wonder if Morrison's Death of the Batman would be handled differently.. Morrison is a good writer and I had high expectations since Batman #655, but recently, Morrison has not really given much flavor to Bats.. Except for the introduction of Bats' son (Damian) and Jezebel Jet (another love interest), Morrison has yet to prove as to why he was tasked to write one of DC's finest titles.. And maybe this storyline, would prove that.. Kaya kukunin ko itong storyline na ito.. :thumbsupsmiley:

I'm not a big Batman fan but I'm expecting that this series is good because Morrison is at the helm. Time for redemption after Resurrection Of Ra's Al Ghul for Bats. By the way, is this going to happen in an ongoing title or a limited series?

I've remembered Azrael and compared him to Ben Reilly w/what you've written. Suddenly The Clone Saga became gold because of One More Day. Hahaha! :lol:

I'm getting copies of the "divided we stand" issues this feb. I'm also getting that batman story..wondering who will k*ll him. Speaking of death Heath Ledger (actor who plays as Joker) for the incoming New Batman flick just died...Sayang I found him really fitting as the joker than Jack Nicholson :)

Some more recommendations for February:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Graphic Novel) from Dark Horse

- I think this is a tale of Darth Vader's secret apprentice and a bridge between Episode 3 and Episode 4.

Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic # 25 from Dark Horse

- Star Wars comics has an erratic schedule and this year's big event (Vector) starts here. It crosses over dark Times and Legacy.

Action Comics Annual # 11 from DC

- Anyone who's following the Last Son arc rejoice! At last the conclusion will be finally out!

Invincible # 51 from Image

- It says this is a perfect jump point for new readers and there's a new costume too.

Fantastic Four # 554 from Marvel

- New look and new team! Millar and Hitch gets a crack on the World's Greatest Comic. I'll probably get a copy of this.

Thor # 7 from Marvel

- Interior art debut from Marko Djurdjevic and it's only his first of two issues. I think the story is also short and it's just two issues so better check out Djurdjevic's run.

X-Force # 1 from Marvel

- Wolverine. Period. :evil:

Kick Ass # 1 from marvel

- I have no idea what's in store but I think it's ala Who Wants To Be A Superhero but on a realistic environment.

Rogue Angel # 1

- I've forgotten the details but I know this is a debut of another franchise character. Hmmm? I have my sights on this one.

Silent Hill: Sinner's Reward # 1

- Hey revi, maybe you should include this. I gotta come up w/extra cash because I don't want to miss this. I've watched Silent Hill and it scared me.

Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide # 38

- Well, most comic collector needs one. :)

By the way there are posters too from Marvel:

Thor (I'm not quite sure if this was taken from a cover)

Giant Sized Astonishing X-Men cover

Fantastic Four (I think this is new)

I'm getting copies of the "divided we stand" issues this feb. I'm also getting that batman story..wondering who will k*ll him. Speaking of death Heath Ledger (actor who plays as Joker) for the incoming New Batman flick just died...Sayang I found him really fitting as the joker than Jack Nicholson :)

what a loss. :(

R. I. P. Heath Ledger.

yo peeps just got back from druid's keep the other day P 135.00 na rin comic book dyan. mga back issues based din sa new conversion price.....staka may nakita pa ako sinestro corps special # 1 kaso di na 1st printing.....sana buamba pa ang price ......sila ni comic odessy ang medyo ok nw n days sa price.....filbars mahal talaga.hehehe. :upside: ipon ako pera para makabili ng mga special events this summer........hehehehe

yo peeps just got back from druid's keep the other day P 135.00 na rin comic book dyan. mga back issues based din sa new conversion price.....staka may nakita pa ako sinestro corps special # 1 kaso di na 1st printing.....sana buamba pa ang price ......sila ni comic odessy ang medyo ok nw n days sa price.....filbars mahal talaga.hehehe. :upside: ipon ako pera para makabili ng mga special events this summer........hehehehe

By the wa bro, do they offer plastic and board too? Wanna visit this shop talaga pero di ko alam at di ako napapadpad sa Magallanes. :(

di ba mahirap sumakay dun dude? dba pa south super highway na yun dba?