Dc And Marvel Universe

wow, tagal ko ng hindi nangongolekta ng comics..i still have the compilation of the 1st 7 issues ng WildCATS, meron pa ba nun?..i have lots of Batman comics, the detective series, the return of batman after being paralyzed by bane, etc, i am a huge batman fan..

sa dc kumpleto ng bro ko death of superman, eclipso series, etc..

my bro has lots of comics, kinolekta nya ang xfactor series, xmen, etc..

i'm a huge justice league fan too, i watch the cartoons regularly, may comic ba siya? bibili pa lang ko ng dvd ng 1st 3 seasons..

naeenganyo tuloy ko ulit mangolekta ng comics..

wow, tagal ko ng hindi nangongolekta ng comics..i still have the compilation of the 1st 7 issues ng WildCATS, meron pa ba nun?..i have lots of Batman comics, the detective series, the return of batman after being paralyzed by bane, etc, i am a huge batman fan..

sa dc kumpleto ng bro ko death of superman, eclipso series, etc..

my bro has lots of comics, kinolekta nya ang xfactor series, xmen, etc..

i'm a huge justice league fan too, i watch the cartoons regularly, may comic ba siya? bibili pa lang ko ng dvd ng 1st 3 seasons..

naeenganyo tuloy ko ulit mangolekta ng comics..

Wildstorm Comics is set for a major relaunch this coming August. Wildcats will return, pencilled by Jim Lee himself, with a story by Grant Morisson! Other titles to be relaunched for Wildstorm are The Authority, Gen13, and Deathblow. Personally, I'm more excited with the upcoming Wetworks, as my current fave writer, Mike Carey (of Lucifer and Hellblazer fame) teams up with Whilce Portacio on this title.

I'm a little apprehensive of the Wildcats relaunch though, because they want to take the title back to its superhero roots. I've been following the Wildcats over the years, and i'm pretty much impressed to where the are now (no more spandex, no more superheroes--everything is covert or undercover. Lord Emp is gone, the Daemonites are non-existent. They've also got a new direction: changing the world by improving technology--it's kinda hard to explain, but just think how the world would change if the Halo corporation sold batteries that lasted forever, or a car that never needed to refuel.)

Anyway, Grant Morisson rarely fails to impress. Hopefully he can pull this off like he did with the X-men.

Jim Lee on Wildcats

Wildstorm Relaunch

the best sory line for me still in the marvel universe \"age of appocalyps\"

like to see more of the two summers\' brothers battling it out.

fast fact: did you know that there is a third summers\' brother named vulcan?

Personally, I liked the Death of Superman series. I remember skipping meal just to get the complete collection. Maybe i just liked the Idea that The strongest living Superhero of the DC universe could actually loose his powers, and end up in a Coma of some sort. :D

Hey, Anyone of you guys picked up Superman/Batman#26.. Its a nice read.. Gives you the shivers.. :) This is the tribute comic for the late son of Jeph Loeb, Sam Loeb (who died early due to cancer - Sam's just 17).. A lot of comic book artists shared their inputs.. (Jim Lee, Rob Leifeld to name a few)..

...tao po! haaay, tagal nako hindi nakakabili ng comics...2mos. na! :( ..i'm collecting new avengers, superman/batman, batman (dati), at metal gear solid....haay, nag-start na civil war, di pako nakakabili...sana may number 1 pa :(

....da best talaga yung HUSH story ni batman! ganda pa ng drawing - jim lee!!...

uy, narinig niyo na ba yung bagong batwoman? nanonood ako ng cnn a few days ago, then nong patapos na yung cnn world report, ayun may mini report sila about batwoman....lesbian daw....eto, naghanap din ako ng article sa net at eto nakuha ako....anung masasabi niyo about batwoman being lesbian?

--------

**from dccomics.com

FEATURES

Batwoman Comes Out!

An exclusive first look at Gotham City’s wealthiest lesbian socialite—who is also its newest crimefighter.

by Michael C. Sherrin

Gotham City’s sexiest socialite knows more than how to throw a party. Kathy Kane also knows a bit about throwing punches—and she introduces herself to comic book readers by striking her ex-girlfriend right across the jaw.

In various incarnations, Batwomen have had a long history in Batman comics, starting in 1956 when Kathy Kane first appeared. But this new version of Kane shares only a name with her predecessors. The campy heroine who once carried a utility purse while clad in a full-body yellow one-piece now sports a new, dark costume, and she’s got an attitude to match. Batwoman will be the highest profile gay superhero to ever grace the pages of DC Comics.

Batwoman reemerges from obscurity in the pages of 52, the real-time weekly limited series chronicling a year in which the big three—Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman—have all mysteriously vanished from Gotham City. In Batman’s absence, a major crime organization called Intergang moves into town only to find a new Bat already roosting.

After weeks of teasing and taunting appearances, Kane will have her first full appearance as the costumed Batwoman in the upcoming 52 issue #11. She won’t be fighting crime alone: Kane and her ex, Renee Montoya, a former policewoman, will regularly cross paths fighting Intergang. This doesn’t stop Kane from pushing Montoya’s buttons, even showing off her new doctor girlfriend in an upcoming issue.

“[Kathy Kane is] a very successful woman, very self-assured,” says Dan DiDio, the senior vice president and executive editor of DC Comics. “What we wanted to do was build from that core and create a new character that was much more attuned with today’s society. The fact that Batwoman is gay is not a key factor—it’s [just] who she is.” DC introduces Batwoman amid an assortment of new characters aimed at diversifying the once homogenous DC universe, including several updated Hispanic, African-American, and Asian characters.

As to this Batwoman’s past, Kane keeps her secrets well, leaving us to imagine what would inspire a wealthy lesbian to become a spandex-wearing crimefighter. In the hopes of revealing the unknown, DC promises Batwoman will be punching out ex’s and enemies alike for a long time to come.

Batwoman---ugggh. Another cheap DC marketing ploy. Sorry to the Batman fans out there, but I really think Gotham is overpopulated with heroes wanting to be like the Batman. There's already Robin, Nightwing (who comes to visit very often) and Batgirl. Plus, there's Huntress and Catwoman, who can't get out of Batman's shadow.

I don't know, maybe they should have made a totally new character. Or brought back Spoiler (afterall, it is a new continuity). Hopefully, she gets her ass kicked by batgirl or huntress.

Batwoman---ugggh. Another cheap DC marketing ploy. Sorry to the Batman fans out there, but I really think Gotham is overpopulated with heroes wanting to be like the Batman. There's already Robin, Nightwing (who comes to visit very often) and Batgirl. Plus, there's Huntress and Catwoman, who can't get out of Batman's shadow.

I don't know, maybe they should have made a totally new character. Or brought back Spoiler (afterall, it is a new continuity). Hopefully, she gets her ass kicked by batgirl or huntress.

You forgot the oracle as well the former batgirl that is crippled ;)

....siguro malaki lang talaga yung gotham kaya kelangan marami sila dun...hindi naman kaya ni batman libutin yung buong gotham sa isang gabi ata....hahahaha :lol: ....i think dc is just trying out new things....if it doesn't work, edi patayin!...

mas trip ko yung teams sa marvel (xmen, new avengers)...isa lang gusto ko sa dc e (jla)....

uy, kwento kayo kung sinong meron nang civil war...pati kung anong latest sa batman...tagal nako hindi nakakabili e... :)

I guess DC Comics needs more ideas instead of creating back characters from the past and revive it.

As what is shown in the new bat girl series. It must be a prototype series once again to check or test out the market again and if it successful, they would launch a new type of series.

I admit that every year comic illustrations get better and better due to the help of computers, what they lack are the old school story writers. If i were DC i would go to comic conventions and do a poll or a suggestion pamphlet on what readers would like to see more and in turn base out new sets of series on the suggestions given. It would be nice to see a breathe of fresh air again from dc comics like the time superman died, and the time superman got married.. they need to create that surge of intensity like a breaking point of the chracter ;) See what i mean? fresh bloods create fresh new atmospheres.

I guess DC Comics needs more ideas instead of creating back characters from the past and revive it.

As what is shown in the new bat girl series. It must be a prototype series once again to check or test out the market again and if it successful, they would launch a new type of series.

I admit that every year comic illustrations get better and better due to the help of computers, what they lack are the old school story writers. If i were DC i would go to comic conventions and do a poll or a suggestion pamphlet on what readers would like to see more and in turn base out new sets of series on the suggestions given. It would be nice to see a breathe of fresh air again from dc comics like the time superman died, and the time superman got married.. they need to create that surge of intensity like a breaking point of the chracter ;) See what i mean? fresh bloods create fresh new atmospheres.

...i agree with you....i think they should create new characters from scratch..like a new superhero or a team...but i think they have to do it with a bang - like a superstar team (good writer, artist, etc.)...yeah sure if some superheroes died, they'll resurrect them from the dead..but it's kinda weird (or corny)...

...and i also agree with you that they need new/fresh writers that deliver good stories....

This is Spidey? awww...Tony Stark should have incorporated on Repulsor Rays on his webshooters, armor or a Unibeam on the Spider emblem :lol:

Marvel civil war rocks...........i'm not biased but it seems that the guys at marvel surely has hit sky rocket high this time.....make mine marvel.....and by the way have you guys check out spiderman's new suit? i've attached it......looking at its color you might get the idea from whom he've got the suit from.......uhm.....it was given by Tony Stark aka Iron Man....red yellow......don't know how you guys think about it, i love the new design, though nothing beats the old red and blue one but this new one still kicks ass..........

Edited by orionpax
This Superboy was from another dimension.  He's not "depowered" like the Superman after the original Crisis.

Yes it is correct. Remember Kingdom Come? Its another universe which all the super heroes age ;)

Take note that there are other universes and dimensions - Remember the real story of Superman is that he is much stronger in earth as our gravity is much more lesser in terms of taking toll in his body and when a normal earthling like u and me goes to krypton, we are like supermen there as our body is immune to their gravity as well ;)

Thats how the real plot goes ;)

...i agree with you....i think they should create new characters from scratch..like a new superhero or a team...but i think they have to do it with a bang - like a superstar team (good writer, artist, etc.)...yeah sure if some superheroes died, they'll resurrect them from the dead..but it's kinda weird (or corny)...

...and i also agree with you that they need new/fresh writers that deliver good stories....

if you want to see a super star team this past two years, you should check out the Batman series made entirely by stan lee of MARVEL COMICS ;) Imagine the big honcho from Marvel actually drawing a batman series. I was soo impressed at his statement that he wanted in his own life to make a series of batman before he departs ;)

I recently read Crisis of Infinite Earths. The stroy is pretty good, merging the DC universe into one a good plot indeed.

I am a Marvel reader and I seldom read DC (except for Batman) but after reading Crsis I think I am learning to appreciate more of the DC characters. Can anyone give me insights on the Hush series?

I recently read Crisis of Infinite Earths. The stroy is pretty good, merging the DC universe into one a good plot indeed.

I am a Marvel reader and I seldom read DC (except for Batman) but after reading Crsis I think I am learning to appreciate more of the DC characters. Can anyone give me insights on the Hush series?

hmmmm, the hush series is one of the best story arcs of batman...great artwork (jim lee) + great story (jeph loeb) = 1 great arc...the story has twists in it and it introduces a new villain... :)