Falling For A Therapist - Merged Thread

I am trying to move on. I fell badly for a therapist. She was my world. I tried going back to the spa where she used to work. Got myself another thera. But those walls remind me of her. Every corner. Every turn. It's just not the same. I still love her. I am still trying to move on.

My apologies bro..that's called due diligence. It was 2 months into our relationship that I finally got her out of the industry. She was quite known as giving very high mileage so FRs from excited clients drove me crazy.

In fairness to me, before we had a thing, I really share intel I have with other GMs and I also write fairly long and detailed FRs for the benefit of everyone. My relationship with her of course changed the status quo. ;)

Totally understand, bro. I wrote every GM my thera had when I was in that situation. Good thing I got her out of the industry.

I actually have contemplated that question for a long time sir. Will her profession matter? As much as we try to say it doesn't, if you are new to this, its bound to eventually be a factor. How can any sane man sleep at night knowing his GF is making out, being intimate with another guy? It is really an acquired resolve. You have to learn how to accept it and unfortunately, it takes awhile...Now, I am more open minded about these things.I have been exposed to the industry for more than 10 years so I have my experience to fallback on. If I have another relationship with a thera (I'm working on that one..Lol), I learned its best we let them do their own decisions. If they decide to leave the industry, it must be because it is what they want, not because we pressured them to do so. ;)

Waaaahhh!! Lesluthor is baaaack!!!! ;) Hi bff!! ;)

Sometimes you just have to explore. Pag wala ka na talagang nakikitang mangyayari pa sa inyo, explore ka lang, either ibang theras or meet new people. You need to remind yourself that there are around 3 Billion other girls out there, and one of them might be a better fit for you (maybe preferably not in this industry, but you never know). Oo medyo hugot to, and she probably thinks I'm a liar because I told her I would not visit another spa or get another thera, but I think when things end between you two, all commitments with the person go out the window. I have kept my end of the bargain nung ok pa kami. But I don't think I'm still obliged to do so anymore, especially if it helps with the healing process (kahit magastos and to the more "conservative" peeps out there, mali). Maybe in the future pwede ko pa siya makatropa, pero for now, explore muna, move on, and enjoy the holidays.

Edited by w3pa

It's just a joke, with thera or not it's good to have a little conversation. Btw, I don't know you personally sir but I think that you're a thera magnet? Haha.

I'll try to meet a thera by next year. Will not avail of the eservices but just to see her in person.

Hahaha...thera magnet tlga....I just happened to be a consistent patron (like everyday consistent) when I went hard for a certain thera. That's why madami ako nkilala and naging close na ibang theras/recepts din. Even up to now that my relationship already ended, i was able to keep the friendships of the other people in the industry that I earned during those times. These same folks are the ones encouraging me to explore other possibilities, truth be told, they hastened the moving on process. ;)

I will invite her sir, but whether she comes or not, I could not say. Rest assured I will use my considerable charm to make her agree...Lol

Use your considerable charm eh Sir Lesluthor? I would like to see that one.Hahaha ...I have heard a lot about you even before I became your thera, you seem to be quite known around here, a legend...but so far, I haven't seen the "legendary" moves yet. You seem to be a bit guarded and I have a suspicion though why. It seems you are still hurting from a failed relationship....Hoping you can finally move forward, though I see that you are already almost there, a part of you is still left in the past....Visit me more often and I promise to accelerate the moving on process some more. Hahaha...God closed a door but he opened a window for your right? ; :blush: :blush: :blush:

That's why and sasama mo siguro siya if mag-EB, haha.

Sir, if time permits I would be happy to join you in some social gathering. Of course that would depend how "considerable" the charm Sir Lesluthor would exert to make me agree. We girls love to be asked, flattered, begged, convinced...Lol...you get the drift. We might be theras in the industry, but we are still women at heart, possessing all the quirks that any female has. :) :) :)

If you love her, you can ask her to stop and make a living for her. ☺️

Of course, any man with pride in himself should make that offer. However, be certain to respect the decision of your partner as well. If she wants to remain in the industry for practicality purposes, then give her enough trust to do so. We have to admit that income in the spas is way better than what usual jobs can provide. Aside from that, we have our own pride too. It feels different if we earn own our money rather than asking it from our partners. Like what I said, respect should run both ways. :) :) :)

Edited by curvermay

Falling for a thera is not a bad thing....we are humans too and we have emotions as well...you guys should just understand what the job entails...After all, isn't love about acceptance?

I won my girl back.Thanks guys for your support and advise

Agree 100% with you here curvermay.

I must admit.To expect our understanding at the onset of the relationship is a tall order for me and would require a higher level of maturity that eventually leads to acceptance. Nakakabaliw lang talaga isipin na pinagnanasahan ang mahal mo...Tapos makakabasa ka pa ng malupit na FR.. Naman!!! Kaya din siguro I was not fully invested in the earlier part of the relationship.

How I wish there was a pill that could numb feelings no?

Sabi ng marami sa inyo dito ,kung mahal mo siya , mahal mo siya kahit ano pa siya.Pero mahirap eh. Nagkabalikan nga kami at mahal namin ang isat isa.Pero kahit pa man ganun-masakit pa rin.At work sabi niya make believe lang lahat at ako lang tlaga mahal niya. Nakakataba ng puso at iniintindi ko na lang because it is part of her work.But i can't help feel a slight 'tug' in my heart evertime I say it.Parang may artery na bibigay eh.Wag naman sana ako atakihin sa puso nito😬

This has been a daily and hourly struggle when she is on duty.

Kaya ang pinakamasayang araw para sa akin are the times na naka rest day siya.Dun lang nagbabalik sa normal ang pagiisip ko.

I'm thinking in the long run baka it will be detrimental to both of us na. Theme song ko nga is LET THE PAIN REMAIN. Pero gusto ko naman sana in the future yung medyo masaya naman katulad ng Your love ng Alamid o Till there was you.😞 . Di ako bibitaw coz we promised that we will trust each other and let love prevail. Kakayanin namin ito.

I must admit.To expect our understanding at the onset of the relationship is a tall order for me and would require a higher level of maturity that eventually leads to acceptance. Nakakabaliw lang talaga isipin na pinagnanasahan ang mahal mo...Tapos makakabasa ka pa ng malupit na FR.. Naman!!! Kaya din siguro I was not fully invested in the earlier part of the relationship.

Sabi ng marami sa inyo dito ,kung mahal mo siya , mahal mo siya kahit ano pa siya.Pero mahirap eh. Nagkabalikan nga kami at mahal namin ang isat isa.Pero kahit pa man ganun-masakit pa rin.At work sabi niya make believe lang lahat at ako lang tlaga mahal niya. Nakakataba ng puso at iniintindi ko na lang because it is part of her work.But i can't help feel a slight 'tug' in my heart evertime I say it.Parang may artery na bibigay eh.Wag naman sana ako atakihin sa puso nito

Kaya ang pinakamasayang araw para sa akin are the times na naka rest day siya.Dun lang nagbabalik sa normal ang pagiisip ko.

I'm thinking in the long run baka it will be detrimental to both of us na. Theme song ko nga is LET THE PAIN REMAIN. Pero gusto ko naman sana in the future yung medyo masaya naman katulad ng Your love ng Alamid o Till there was you. . Di ako bibitaw coz we promised that we will trust each other and let love prevail. Kakayanin namin ito.

good for you sir!

Sabi ng marami sa inyo dito ,kung mahal mo siya , mahal mo siya kahit ano pa siya.Pero mahirap eh. Nagkabalikan nga kami at mahal namin ang isat isa.Pero kahit pa man ganun-masakit pa rin.At work sabi niya make believe lang lahat at ako lang tlaga mahal niya. Nakakataba ng puso at iniintindi ko na lang because it is part of her work.But i can't help feel a slight 'tug' in my heart evertime I say it.Parang may artery na bibigay eh.Wag naman sana ako atakihin sa puso nito

I'm thinking in the long run baka it will be detrimental to both of us na. Theme song ko nga is LET THE PAIN REMAIN. Pero gusto ko naman sana in the future yung medyo masaya naman katulad ng Your love ng Alamid o Till there was you. . Di ako bibitaw coz we promised that we will trust each other and let love prevail. Kakayanin namin ito.

Just trust her with all your heart and understanding.

Congrats!

happy for you bro! :)

Sabi ng marami sa inyo dito ,kung mahal mo siya , mahal mo siya kahit ano pa siya.Pero mahirap eh. Nagkabalikan nga kami at mahal namin ang isat isa.Pero kahit pa man ganun-masakit pa rin.At work sabi niya make believe lang lahat at ako lang tlaga mahal niya. Nakakataba ng puso at iniintindi ko na lang because it is part of her work.But i can't help feel a slight 'tug' in my heart evertime I say it.Parang may artery na bibigay eh.Wag naman sana ako atakihin sa puso nito😬

I'm thinking in the long run baka it will be detrimental to both of us na. Theme song ko nga is LET THE PAIN REMAIN. Pero gusto ko naman sana in the future yung medyo masaya naman katulad ng Your love ng Alamid o Till there was you.😞 . Di ako bibitaw coz we promised that we will trust each other and let love prevail. Kakayanin namin ito.

Good for you.... I wish i have your happy ending too. Wish you all the best.

What pains me til now is, I fell madly for this therapist, so badly, she was my world, she was the most beautiful, most kind, sweetest ever - until she left the industry.

I am still not over her.

I am trying not to think about her - everyday.

Maybe you can help me Curvermay? Any thoughts?

Edited by Mogster

What pains me til now is, I fell madly for this therapist, so badly, she was my world, she was the most beautiful, most kind, sweetest ever - until she left the industry.

I am still not over her.

Hmm...why did she leave the industry? Are you still in contact? If she is no longer working in the spa and she is single...don't you think this is the best time to pursue her?

If she left because she is already with another guy, then moving on is your only option. Keep her number, remain friends with her but respect her relationship enough by not making any attempts at intimacy while she has another commitment.

And as the guy above said, get another thera. ;)

• Like (+1) 1

I am still not over her.

Maybe you already know this, but theras doesn't have a permanent job. I doubt there are theras who last more than 8 years. And their primary reason for being a thera is to earn a supposedly temporary income. So given that fact, no matter how close you are with her; theras & GMs are already in a precarious need-based relationship. The foundation is already rocky to begin with.

Now going back to your problem. It is absolutely normal to fall in love because we are human. But you can also move on. If you two are still constantly communicating, then that would be a problem. But if not anymore, lick your wounds and try another hobby for the moment. Obviously, you're a very emotional person. Give yourself time to develop emotional maturity.

Cheers young man!

Edited by rontan2014

I am still not over her.

Dude if you are talking like this, then I think you are not loving yourself enough. Ikaw na nga nagsabi sa kanya mo kasi pinaikot mundo mo. Kaya tuloy nung iniwan ka nya, pakiramdam mo walang wala ka. Yan ang hirap kapag nagiging masyado kang emotionally dependent sa ibang tao. Sa kanila mo na lang iniaasa lahat ng emotional validity na kelangan mo.

You need some soul-searching. Find your emotional independence. To do that you have to learn to compeltely detach. Alisin mo lahat ng bagay na nagpapapalala sa kanya. Kung lugar man ay huwag na puntahan. Time is your friend if you use it.

As for the girl, huwag mo na sisihin. Maging masaya ka na lang para sa kanya, and hope na mas maganda na buhay nya. It helps when you forgive.

Dude if you are talking like this, then I think you are not loving yourself enough. Ikaw na nga nagsabi sa kanya mo kasi pinaikot mundo mo. Kaya tuloy nung iniwan ka nya, pakiramdam mo walang wala ka. Yan ang hirap kapag nagiging masyado kang emotionally dependent sa ibang tao. Sa kanila mo na lang iniaasa lahat ng emotional validity na kelangan mo.

You need some soul-searching. Find your emotional independence. To do that you have to learn to compeltely detach. Alisin mo lahat ng bagay na nagpapapalala sa kanya. Kung lugar man ay huwag na puntahan. Time is your friend if you use it.

As for the girl, huwag mo na sisihin. Maging masaya ka na lang para sa kanya, and hope na mas maganda na buhay nya. It helps when you forgive.

Thanks for the advise. Every point taken. Every point valid.

Yun nga lang, hindi ko naman siya sinisisi. In fact, I am happy for her. Dahil mas less ang pain dahil mas masakit na isipin na may mga ibang GMs na nakakasama siya vs sa simple niyang buhay ngayon. I am happy for her. You're right. It's time for me to make myself happy too and move on. Thank you bro.

Hmm...why did she leave the industry? Are you still in contact? If she is no longer working in the spa and she is single...don't you think this is the best time to pursue her?

If she left because she is already with another guy, then moving on is your only option. Keep her number, remain friends with her but respect her relationship enough by not making any attempts at intimacy while she has another commitment.

And as the guy above said, get another thera. ;)

Thank you for the advise Curvermay. Yes you're right. I think I did. I did get another thera, just this noon. 12nn.