Boston Celtics

With the impending Kemba Walker signing, Marcus Smart will come off the bench. I can't exactly say Kemba is an upgrade from Kyrie but, at least, he does not have the diva attitude of Kyrie. The player with the sickest cross over in the NBA is now with the Cs. We also get one of the top six guards in the NBA as he is on the Third Team All NBA. I almost forgot. Kemba once scored 60 points in one game in Charlotte. The only Celtic I know who scored 60 in a game was someone from French Lick, Indiana.

Edited by will robie

With the impending Kemba Walker signing, Marcus Smart will come off the bench. I can't exactly say Kemba is an upgrade from Kyrie but, at least, he does not have the diva attitude of Kyrie. The player with the sickest cross over in the NBA is now with the Cs. We also get one of the top six guards in the NBA as he is on the Third Team All NBA.

I agree Kemba is better fit than Kyrie but take note if they give him the max contract (32M), he'll eat up the 33M free cap space assuming Horford, Kyrie, Morris won't sign with the Celtics.

I believe Michael Jordan is the GOAT as a player but heck he's the worst owner in the NBA right now. If he's not willing to give Kemba the max then why didn't he just trade him last year?? He could have gotten decent players plus draft picks. Unbelievable... MJ and his front is soooooooooooo inept.

Edited by red60

I agree Kemba is better fit than Kyrie but take note if they give him the max contract (32M), he'll eat up the 33M free cap space assuming Horford, Kyrie, Morris won't sign with the Celtics.

I believe Michael Jordan is the GOAT as a player but heck he's the worst owner in the NBA right now. If he's not willing to give Kemba the max then why didn't he just trade him last year?? He could have gotten decent players plus draft picks. Unbelievable... MJ and his front is soooooooooooo inept.

In terms of talent, Kyrie is a tad, just a tad bit better than Kemba but Kemba does not have the diva attitude of Irving. As for Jordan being the GOAT, I would have to disagree with you on this. I can tell you why. Hehe.

Yes, MJ sucks as an owner. Kemba was the heart and soul of the Hornets and he just let him go just like that.

In terms of talent, Kyrie is a tad, just a tad bit better than Kemba but Kemba does not have the diva attitude of Irving. As for Jordan being the GOAT, I would have to disagree with you on this. I can tell you why. Hehe.

Yes, MJ sucks as an owner. Kemba was the heart and soul of the Hornets and he just let him go just like that.

Hornets could have traded him last year. Now, Walker is walking for nothing. They have zero leverage and cant event do a sign and trade. Hahahaha I don't think this is the right thread for the GOAT debate. Let's just say that Jordan is one of the GOAT as a player but the complete opposite as an owner.

Parang natrade lang si Kemba for Rozier

"Parang" pero hindi talaga... Plus luging lugi Hornets hahaha

improvement of SIXERS , BUCKS, PACERS and even the Heat can be a top four team..

IDC who will replace Ainge, if you are in the BIG MARKET and with a lot of ASSet u can make a way to be a contender..

look at the NETS MARKS on his 2nd or 3rd yr as a GM and he brought back the NETS into spotlight

You don't know who will replace Ainge because no one can replace Ainge for now. I don't believe Ainge should be replaced. They just got Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter. Boston is still on par to be a good team in the East.

Bucks improved? I don't think so. They just lost Brogdon. I can't say Sixers improved a lot since they lost JJ Reddick and J Butler. If Simmons improves his jump shot or even attempt a jump shot then I can say Sixers improved.

I agree that the Nets improved a lot however you should not compare them to the Celtics who are a consistent playoff team that went deep in the playoffs. Better comparison would be the knicks versus Nets. You're obviously trying to discredit the Celtics because you have a personal beef with MTC member Will Robie but honestly your arguments are weak. My question to you, should the Spurs fire Popovich because his team got bounced in the first round and most likely not improve this year?

how cant u compare nets to c's? the market they had is the same..imagine STARS want to play in big market..BRK, NYK, BOSTON, L.A., GS and Houston these are teams that attract Free agency..but where is the C's just settle to Kemba which i loved but lost Rozier and get Kanter..

how cant u say the SIxers not improved if they got a pair of Al with Embiid? even without Simmons Js they are still contender..losing Butler but an exchange of Josh R and future picks was a good move..

for the bucks Losing Brogdon in exchange of Wesley Matthews for cheaper and tested veteran plus pick was great..

How can u say the Spurs not improve in every year? Dejounte's coming back, SF position filled in..picks are great...SPURS never missed a playoffs in my entire life as a fan..POP secured Samanic who others taught not a great pick and steal KJ at 29th..

then compare Danny Ainge running a team to that GM with these teams?

it's not a descredit but upset on how to run a team..with Superstars and young great dudes on your team, plus a ton of picks then in a biig market you just settle for a GOOD team..

how cant u compare nets to c's? the market they had is the same..imagine STARS want to play in big market..BRK, NYK, BOSTON, L.A., GS and Houston these are teams that attract Free agency..but where is the C's just settle to Kemba which i loved but lost Rozier and get Kanter..

No one will argue that the Brooklyn Nets improved and being ran competently for the last 3 years. So ano yung point mo? Boston should have the SAME dramatic improvement as brooklyn nets?

how cant u say the SIxers not improved if they got a pair of Al with Embiid? even without Simmons Js they are still contender..losing Butler but an exchange of Josh R and future picks was a good move..

I never said they didn't improve. I said they didn't improve a lot. Back read. They still need to answer the question who will take the final shot now that Butler is gone.

for the bucks Losing Brogdon in exchange of Wesley Matthews for cheaper and tested veteran plus pick was great..

He is a veteran but Wesley Matthews is nowhere near Brogdon. Wesley played 23 games last year and 2 games last last year on mediocre numbers. Brogdon is playoff tested, great 3 & D player, can hit big shots and obviously a key piece in their run last year. Comparing Brogdon to Matthews is a joke. Bucks will still do well. Nandiyan pa naman si Giannis, Middleton, Lopez, etc. but they didn't really improve.

How can u say the Spurs not improve in every year? Dejounte's coming back, SF position filled in..picks are great...SPURS never missed a playoffs in my entire life as a fan..POP secured Samanic who others taught not a great pick and steal KJ at 29th..

You missed my point. I am not downplaying the Spurs or questioning Spurs ability to develop players. Spurs are still considered one of the best ran organization in the NBA. My point here, they are not championship contender this year and most likely will struggle to reach the playoff with all the good teams in the West. They also made a huge mistake by claiming that Kawhi is faking his injury. Does this mean that the Spurs are a bad dysfunctional organization? Of course not. Porke ba hindi nag work out si Kyrie, Horford dapat na mag resign si Danny Ainge? Of course not. :lol: Celtics are still in a good position they might not have the drastic improvement as the Nets who just rose out from the dumpster but they are no doubt playoff caliber team. They have a good coach and snagged Kemba and Kanter. Anong pinagsasabi mo na dapat mag resign si Danny Ainge.. hahaha.. If you can name someone better than Ainge we are all open to your suggestion.

then compare Danny Ainge running a team to that GM with these teams?

it's not a descredit but upset on how to run a team..with Superstars and young great dudes on your team, plus a ton of picks then in a biig market you just settle for a GOOD team..

You sound so concern with the Celtics. Don't worry the Celtics are in good hands. I am not saying Ainge is the best GM out there but he won best executive for good reasons. I agree that the Celtics did not meet or exceed expectations last year but saying Danny Ainge should resign is ridiculous and dumb. Boston Celtics is a good team because of Danny Ainge. Now if you have a personal gripe with Wil robie wag mo ng idamay Boston Celtics... :rolleyes:

Edited by red60

Don't take the dumb troll's post seriously. It does not know anything about basketball. Let alone Celtics basketball.

Grabe galit nito sayo dude. mukhang may history kayo hahaha Dinadamay pati Danny Ainge and Boston Celtics.

You don't know who will replace Ainge because no one can replace Ainge for now. I don't believe Ainge should be replaced. They just got Kemba Walker and Enes Kanter. Boston is still on par to be a good team in the East.

Bucks improved? I don't think so. They just lost Brogdon. I can't say Sixers improved a lot since they lost JJ Reddick and J Butler. If Simmons improves his jump shot or even attempt a jump shot then I can say Sixers improved.

I agree that the Nets improved a lot however you should not compare them to the Celtics who are a consistent playoff team that went deep in the playoffs. Better comparison would be the knicks versus Nets. You're obviously trying to discredit the Celtics because you have a personal beef with MTC member Will Robie but honestly your arguments are weak. My question to you, should the Spurs fire Popovich because his team got bounced in the first round and most likely not improve this year?

Chief, you also noticed. The troll's arguments are not only weak, they are downright moronic. The fact that Ainge signed Kemba to replace Kyrie means that he wants the Cs to remain competitive. IT thrived in Brad's system, so did Kyrie but Kyrie has a diva attitude, hence, his stint with the Cs did not work out well. I have no doubt Kemba will thrive in Brad's system. I am thinking that GH will be back to his Utah Jazz form this season. If the Cs are to advance deep in the playoffs, the Jays have to take a big leap this year. Edited by will robie

Chief, you also noticed. The troll's arguments are not only weak, they are downright moronic. The fact that Ainge signed Kemba to replace Kyrie means that he wants the Cs to remain competitive. IT thrived in Brad's system, so did Kyrie but Kyrie has a diva attitude, hence, his stint with the Cs did not work out well. I have no doubt Kemba will thrive in Brad's system. I am thinking that GH will be back to his Utah Jazz form this season. If the Cs are to advance deep in the playoffs, the Jays have to take a big leap this year.

The way I see it he wants to taunt and mock the Celtics to spite you. Unfortunately his lack of knowledge got exposed and now he seems like sympathetic to Celtic's plight. Well, the Celtics is still a good team and don't need his sympathy. He had seriously underestimated Ainge just because they did not meet expectation last season. If GH can reach 80% this year I think Celtics will be very dangerous. I felt the Celtics gave too much minutes to Hayward last year. He was obviously far from 100% but Brad Stevens was his former coach in college so I guess he really wants to jump start GH.

Edited by red60

The way I see it he wants to taunt and mock the Celtics to spite you. Unfortunately his lack of knowledge got exposed and now he seems like sympathetic to Celtic's plight. Well, the Celtics is still a good team and don't need his sympathy. He had seriously underestimated Ainge just because they did not meet expectation last season. If GH can reach 80% this year I think Celtics will be very dangerous. I felt the Celtics gave too much minutes to Hayward last year. He was obviously far from 100% but Brad Stevens was his former coach in college so I guess he really wants to jump start GH.

GH last year was not the Utah Jazz GH, although he showed flashes of his Utah Jazz form. It took PG a couple of years before regaining his form after a similar injury so I am not worried about GH. Chief, don't feed the troll. It seems that there is no troll anymore. Yup, the troll seems to be obsessed with my posts.

The C's depth at the center position is a bit shallow with Kanter, Fall, Poirier and Williams. Hopefully, Williams develops overnight. Fall is a project while Poirier is a French recruit from the Liga ACB in Europe. He is a decent roll guy, a tenacious rebounder and a shotblocker.

• Like (+1) 1

I am impressed by the Williams boys, Tacko Fall and Carsen Edwards who have been giving good accounts of themselves in the Summer League. If the Cs signTacko Fall, he will be a serviceable big man in the NBA with Brad's coaching and guidance. So far, in the Summer League, he has been scoring, rebounding and blocking shots. Boston potentially could be the next "Lob City" with Time Lord and Tacko (if the Cs sign him). Marcus Smart would have a heyday throwing those lobs.

Edited by will robie

Danny already knew that Irving was gone as early as March or April. Danny was speaking in the context of a post-Irving scenario so Kemba was really Plan A. What Danny didn't expect was Horford going to Philly. Kanter was Plan B.

Well we can interpret statements all we want but IMHO the "real" plan A is trading for Anthony Davis and sign Kyrie Irving. When Rich Paul made it clear that AD won't sign with Boston next year, Danny Ainge had to proceed with plan B, C. D...

But what if AD wanted to play in Boston? Celtics will probably trade Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Kyrie might stay in Boston since the young players are gone. If Kyrie still decided to leave they could still get Kemba and Kanter.

Well we can interpret statements all we want but IMHO the "real" plan A is trading for Anthony Davis and sign Kyrie Irving. When Rich Paul made it clear that AD won't sign with Boston next year, Danny Ainge had to proceed with plan B, C. D...

But what if AD wanted to play in Boston? Celtics will probably trade Tatum, Smart, and Brown. Kyrie might stay in Boston since the young players are gone. If Kyrie still decided to leave they could still get Kemba and Kanter.

If AD wanted to play in Boston? Danny probably trades Tatum or Brown with salary fillers but not both.

The only team I am wary about in the upcoming season is the Sixers. Now that they have Horford, the Sixers have another threat in the post and an additional floor stretcher. However, I am confident that Brad will have a scheme to counter this Embiid-Horford duo.

Walker, Brown, Tatum, Hayward and Kanter are an offensive juggernaut in the regular season. Come playoff time, Kanter may be a liability on defense and by that time so Time Lord has to take that big leap come playoff time. He has elite athleticism but he needs to learn defensive positioning like Horford does.

The late Celtic great Reggie Lewis was the only player to block Michael Jordan four times in one game. MJ called him the toughest player in the league to go up against and with good reason. Reggie was one of the best two-way players in the game at that time. He and Len Bias would have given the Cs a couple more championships.

Edited by will robie