Boston Celtics

I never mentioned any salary fillers because I defer to the wisdom of Ainge when doing that.

Boston's wise GM certainly knows that the NBA will not allow trading for a $25MM max contract star by offering a $7MM guy and a couple of lower salaried guys. That is a lowball offer - certainly not a steep price.

Boston's wise GM certainly knows that the NBA will not allow trading for a $25MM max contract star by offering a $7MM guy and a couple of lower salaried guys. That is a lowball offer - certainly not a steep price.

agree ... esp with a lot of teams interested. sablay talaga tong kumag kahit kailan palibhasa masyadong pinaiiral ang bias sa team na Cs

So tell me, how can my suggestion not pass trade rules?

oo nga naman pwede! Papasa at tatanggapin ng Pelicans yan naiisip mo...sa nba live 19 at kapag hindi tinanggap sa trade mode dun ka sa create roster option pumunta. isama mo na rin ang pagkuha doon kay KD para mabuo ang pangarap mong team.

He knows? You may wanna show your basis for this.

Edited by will robie

oo nga naman pwede! Papasa at tatanggapin ng Pelicans yan naiisip mo...sa nba live 19 at kapag hindi tinanggap sa trade mode dun ka sa create roster option pumunta. isama mo na rin ang pagkuha doon kay KD para mabuo ang pangarap mong team.

Sablay? Agree? You don't even know what is even being talked about. Nagagree ka lang kasi masyado ka nang napapahiya sa political threads. Gusto mo lang makabawi but you can't. You just can't. Haha! :lol:

Sablay? Agree? You don't even know what is even being talked about. Nagagree ka lang kasi masyado ka nang napapahiya sa political threads. Gusto mo lang makabawi but you can't. You just can't. Haha! :lol:

naku ngawa ka na naman ng ngawa...

the fact is one sided yan gusto mo ...

you want AD to come cheap...

oo hindi ko nga alam siguro ang pinaguusapan ... ang pagiisip kasi realistically AD for Tatum asthe centerpiece plus mga patapon won’t work. eh mukhang fantasy basketball ang nasa utak mo o nba live 19. pasensiya na

naku ngawa ka na naman ng ngawa...

the fact is one sided yan gusto mo ...

you want AD to come cheap...

oo hindi ko nga alam siguro ang pinaguusapan ... ang pagiisip kasi realistically AD for Tatum asthe centerpiece plus mga patapon won’t work. eh mukhang fantasy basketball ang nasa utak mo o nba live 19. pasensiya na

The last time I checked, Kevin Garnett was traded for 7 Celtics players. This is a fact. May nalalaman ka pang "the fact is one sided ang gusto mo". Hindi yan fact. Yan ay opinion ng walang alam sa usapan dito. So there is a basis for what I said, peithe aka rooster69ph aka rondo_freak aka liar aka celts. Wala ka talagang alam. Mapa sa political threads or dito, sablay na sablay ka, troll. :lol:

Patapon? This is a warped opinion of someone who does not watch Celtics games. Define "patapon" before using it in a post because you obviously have no idea what you're posting about. :lol:

Edited by will robie

Throwing another red herring eh ... well, I'm not gonna engage that. I've made my point.

Red herring? I am not even trying to divert the topic. I am just asking your basis which you seem to not have. I already showed my basis which is Kevin Garnett got traded to the Cs for seven players. Your post is just an opinion. Mine has a fact to back up what I said. Like I said, Tatum is gonna be the centerpiece of a trade to the Pels for AD. The others will just be salary fillers.

Sige, for argument's sake. Thank you for bringing up the Garnett trade because that seems like the equivalent scenario - with the Celtics indeed paying a steep price for KG. To get the proper context, who were the players given up by the Celtics?

- Al Jefferson = young player, future star (closest Boston comp: Tatum)

- Ryan Gomes = young player, effective part-time starter (closest Boston comp: Rozier? Brown?)

- Theo Ratliff = veteran big with a huge expiring contract (closest Boston comp: Horford)

- Seb Telfair = young player, bench contributor (closest Boston comp: any of the C's young bench guys)

- Gerald Green = same as Telfair

- 2 future 1sts

So, if as you're saying, you're basing it on fact, then the price for AD, based on your KG comparison, would be Tatum, Horford, Brown (Rozier is an RFA, can't be traded outright), 2 Boston bench guys and 2 future picks. Definitely not your Tatum + salary fillers poo-poo platter.

AD salary >>>>> Tatum + fillers' salaries is not an opinion, those are facts. It is nowhere close to matching per NBA trade rules. Disappointing that your Math isn't as good as your English :P

Sige, for argument's sake. Thank you for bringing up the Garnett trade because that seems like the equivalent scenario - with the Celtics indeed paying a steep price for KG. To get the proper context, who were the players given up by the Celtics?

- Al Jefferson = young player, future star (closest Boston comp: Tatum)

- Ryan Gomes = young player, effective part-time starter (closest Boston comp: Rozier? Brown?)

- Theo Ratliff = veteran big with a huge expiring contract (closest Boston comp: Horford)

- Seb Telfair = young player, bench contributor (closest Boston comp: any of the C's young bench guys)

- Gerald Green = same as Telfair

- 2 future 1sts

So, if as you're saying, you're basing it on fact, then the price for AD, based on your KG comparison, would be Tatum, Horford, Brown (Rozier is an RFA, can't be traded outright), 2 Boston bench guys and 2 future picks. Definitely not your Tatum + salary fillers poo-poo platter.

AD salary >>>>> Tatum + fillers' salaries is not an opinion, those are facts. It is nowhere close to matching per NBA trade rules. Disappointing that your Math isn't as good as your English

Hahahaha! Seriously? First off, Ratliff is nowhere near the talent level of Horford. Secondly, the salary of Horford this year is more than two times the salary of Ratliff when Ratliff was traded. Third, it is pretty obvious you are clueless on the salaries of Horford and Davis. Horford, in fact, has a bigger salary than Davis for the 2019-20 season. New Orleans could trade Davis with a salary filler for Horford. However, Horford is not a franchise player. Davis is. Aside from the fact that Horford's last year is a player option which he can exercise if he will get used as trade bait. Horford is not a trade option because of the player option. The next time you say that my math is worse than my English, it wouldn't hurt to check your facts first. :lol: Edited by will robie

Hahahaha! Seriously? First off, Ratliff is nowhere near the talent level of Horford. Secondly, the salary of Horford this year is more than two times the salary of Ratliff when Ratliff was traded. Third, it is pretty obvious you are clueless on the salaries of Horford and Davis. Horford, in fact, has a bigger salary than Davis for the 2019-20 season. New Orleans could trade Davis with a salary filler for Horford. However, Horford is not a franchise player. Davis is. Aside from the fact that Horford's last year is a player option which he can exercise if he will get used as trade bait. Horford is not a trade option because of the player option. The next time you say that my math is worse than my English, it wouldn't hurt to check your facts first. :lol:

The master of unintentional comedy strikes again! Ang linaw naman siguro ng post ko. First off, there was no mention of comparing Ratiliff’s talent to Horford. The comparison was on their contract situations. Secondly, i-kumpara ba naman ang salary ng 2007 at 2019 - siempre mas malaki ang salaries ngayon! Third, that’s why I said to get to the proper context. You wanted to base a potential Davis trade on the previous KG trade. The KG trade included a high priced big man (Ratliff) to match salaries and cap relief purposes. Eh sino ba sa current Celtics ang may pinakamalapit na ganyang sitwasyon - si Horford. So sa scenario mo, eh di dapat may high priced player din na kasama sa future AD trade. I know there are complications with Horford, including having a higher current salary than Davis, and his contract options. That’s why in an earlier post, my suggestion is a combination of Baynes and Smart instead.

Pasensiya na kung medyo Taglish ang post, sana mas maintindihan mo na ;)

The master of unintentional comedy strikes again! Ang linaw naman siguro ng post ko. First off, there was no mention of comparing Ratiliff’s talent to Horford. The comparison was on their contract situations. Secondly, i-kumpara ba naman ang salary ng 2007 at 2019 - siempre mas malaki ang salaries ngayon! Third, that’s why I said to get to the proper context. You wanted to base a potential Davis trade on the previous KG trade. The KG trade included a high priced big man (Ratliff) to match salaries and cap relief purposes. Eh sino ba sa current Celtics ang may pinakamalapit na ganyang sitwasyon - si Horford. So sa scenario mo, eh di dapat may high priced player din na kasama sa future AD trade. I know there are complications with Horford, including having a higher current salary than Davis, and his contract options. That’s why in an earlier post, my suggestion is a combination of Baynes and Smart instead.

Pasensiya na kung medyo Taglish ang post, sana mas maintindihan mo na

Mukhang ikaw hindi nakakaintindi. Ratliff, a high-priced player? Hahaha! I almost fell of my seat laughing at this post. Ratliff was traded together with six players and to involve Horford in a trade, you'd have to have a swap with Davis and two salary fillers from NO for Horford and a starter from Boston to complete the trade.

King of unintentional comedy? Projecting won't do you any good. You're clueless.

I already consider Irving a goner. Even if the Cs fail to get AD or KD, they still have a pretty solid five in Horford, Hayward, Tatum, Smart and Brown. Re-sign Mook and Baynes and develop Robert Williams who has shown flashes of being Boston's center of the future.

agree ... esp with a lot of teams interested. sablay talaga tong kumag kahit kailan palibhasa masyadong pinaiiral ang bias sa team na Cs

agree

• 2 weeks later...

lol

Anthony Davis' agent sends overt warning to Celtics amid trade rumors

"They can trade for him, but it’ll be for one year,” Paul told Price. "I mean: If the Celtics traded for Anthony Davis, we would go there and we would abide by our contractual [obligations] and we would go into free agency in 2020. I’ve stated that to them. But in the event that he decides to walk away and you give away assets? Don’t blame Rich Paul."

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/anthony-davis-agent-sends-overt-warning-celtics-amid-trade-rumors

Anthony Davis Trade No Longer Makes Sense for Danny Ainge, Boston Celtics

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2840829-anthony-davis-trade-no-longer-makes-sense-for-danny-ainge-boston-celtics

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/12/18677199/lakers-rumors-anthony-davis-trade-boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-offer-rental-rich-paul-sports-nba

walang paki sila ainge kahit 1 year lang si Davis. basta makuha nila. pero kailangan nila bitawan si Tatum. yun ang hinihingi ng Pelicans.

I think Danny will just stick with Tatum, Brown, Smart, Horford (if he opts in), Hayward as the starting five.

anyare sa prediction mo? gustong i trade ni ainge kung sino man sa starters na yan para lang makuha si Davis.

Tingin ko wala silang makukuhang franchise changing free agent. Natalo pa sila sa NBA lottery. Papasok sila sa playoffs pero hanggang sa early round na lang sila. . Akala nila dahil wala na si Lebron, aabot na sila ng Finals pero ang problema nag improve din ang ibang team at dahil nagkaroon sila ng mga Franchise players. Nag improve ang Milwaukee, Philly ang Toronto depende kung bumalik si Kawhi sa kanila. Talented silang Team dahil sa mga nakuha nilang players sa draft pero wala silang Franchise Player. Hindi malayo mararating ng isang team na walang Franchise player. Si Kyrie hindi franchise player hindi siya tulad na kaledad na players tulad nila Lebron, KD, Kawhi, Steph etc..

Tingin ko ito na rin ang huling chance ng coach nila. ang napansin ko sa NBA mabilis turnover ng coach, kung hindi pa rin sila nag improve next season, sibak na yan.

Disclaimer: Opinion ko lang ito at walang basehan sa kahit anong report or article. Base ito sa nakikita ko sa team

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/6/12/18677199/lakers-rumors-anthony-davis-trade-boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-offer-rental-rich-paul-sports-nba

walang paki sila ainge kahit 1 year lang si Davis. basta makuha nila. pero kailangan nila bitawan si Tatum. yun ang hinihingi ng Pelicans.

anyare sa prediction mo? gustong i trade ni ainge kung sino man sa starters na yan para lang makuha si Davis.

It's not a prediction. It's an opinion. Nageffort ka pang gumawa ng alternick para matroll ako. :lol:

First of all, those are just rumors. Danny Ainge never confirmed it. The next time you make a cheap trolling post, understand what it is you're posting and also discern what an opinion and a prediction is. :lol:

If I were Danny Ainge, I would not mortgage the future for a one-year rental. The Jays are projected to be the next Kawhi and Durant. The Jays, Smart, Horford and Hayward plus a bench of Mook, Baynes, Theis plus another good back-up point guard are good enough to challenge the current NBA champions, in my opinion. Kyrie was the one who held this team back from reaching its potential. Kyrie is still the best shot maker in the NBA, in my opinion, but the ball movement when he wasn't there isn't the same as when he was there. This could be the break out year for the Jays. Robert Williams has shown his athleticism and all he needs is playing time and development which Al Horford can help expedite through his mentoring. We don't need Kyrie to go deep in the playoffs and that has already been proven in 2018. The Game 7 in the 2018 ECF could have gone either way

Edited by will robie

If I were Danny Ainge, I would not mortgage the future for a one-year rental.

I knew Danny wouldn't be stupid enough to mortgage the future for a one-year rental. Now that the Cs have moved on from AD and putatively Kyrie Irving, Danny should now concentrate on resigning Mook and Rozier, that is if he still wants to be wearing Celtic Green. Baynes has opted in. It now depends on Al Horford if he will pick up his last year.

More bad news for the Celtics. It's been known that Kyrie will sign with the Nets and now Al Horford opted out of his contract. I think Celtics will be alright without Kyrie but if they lose Horford without replacement I don't think they'll be able to make it to the eastern conference finals

More bad news for the Celtics. It's been known that Kyrie will sign with the Nets and now Al Horford opted out of his contract. I think Celtics will be alright without Kyrie but if they lose Horford without replacement I don't think they'll be able to make it to the eastern conference finals

plus the lack of cap room and the lack of interest of other marquee players to join this team because 5 of its players are joining the FA, in short, they all want out of Boston

Edited by daphne loves derby

I think Al wanted more money and security of tenure which Danny wouldn’t give. I like Horford but I defer to Danny when it comes to negotiating contracts. I am not worried about Al’s departure. Danny may make a home run out of left field before the season starts.