Boston Celtics

Game One of the ECF shows that help isn't determined by who's on your team it's how you play on the team.

I expected this to happen. What I didn't expect was the Celtics shutting down Lechoke James and limiting him to 15 points, 19 points off his playoff average. Tatum, Horford, Brown and Morris all scored, at least, 16 points, with Jaylen reading the way with 23, followed by Marcus with 21 and Big Al with 20. Taco Jay Tatum had 16. Cs in 5.

• Like (+1) 1

Total domination by the Cs...and an annihilation @ the garden. tatum? that kid is the ROY. brilliant coaching resulting to a suffocating defense. the GOAT (?) had a 5-16 shooting and 7 TOs. yes...remove james and the cavs are sitting ducks.

Edited by junix
  • Like (+1) 1

I expected this to happen. What I didn't expect was the Celtics shutting down Lechoke James and limiting him to 15 points, 19 points off his playoff average. Tatum, Horford, Brown and Morris all scored, at least, 16 points, with Jaylen reading the way with 23, followed by Marcus with 21 and Big Al with 20. Taco Jay Tatum had 16. Cs in 5.

It was a fantastic win. Everyone contributed. I was shocked that even Rozier was guarding James.

Edited by gulayat

It was a fantastic win. Everyone contributed. I was shocked that even Rozier was guarding James.

Indeed, it was a fantastic win. Yes, Rozier was guarding James because of the quick and constant switching and double teaming inside. If James goes down low on Rozier, Horford or Morris will come in from the weak side to double James. The defensive rotations for the Celtics was superb. I can also say it was absolute perfection in this game.

Total domination by the Cs...and an annihilation @ the garden. tatum? that kid is the ROY. brilliant coaching resulting to a suffocating defense. the GOAT (?) had a 5-16 shooting and 7 TOs. yes...remove james and the cavs are sitting ducks.

Yup, you remove Lechoke and Cleveland is a lottery team. The Cavs were simply outclassed and this game proves that one man can't make the difference. Chris Broussard, the Lechoke James ass kisser, didn't give the Cs a chance to win this series. What a moron.

• Like (+1) 1

Indeed, it was a fantastic win. Yes, Rozier was guarding James because of the quick and constant switching and double teaming inside. If James goes down low on Rozier, Horford or Morris will come in from the weak side to double James. The defensive rotations for the Celtics was superb. I can also say it was absolute perfection in this game.

This could be one of the reason why the NBCA envies Brad Stevens. He is one of the few people who can device a plan to slowdown James.

This could be one of the reason why the NBCA envies Brad Stevens. He is one of the few people who can device a plan to slowdown James.

In terms of coaching, Brad and Pop are in uncharted territory. Only Pop is better than him among active coaches. Pop is the master in slowing down Lechoke. Brad made an absolutely brilliant defensive plan to slow down Lechoke. I was expecting James to explode but instead he was bottled up good.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 2

This team reminds of the old Detriot Pistons team that won the championship in 2004. Both teams worked hard and played together in both ends of the court. And to think Boston is 2 wins away from reaching the finals having only 1 fringe All star in Al Horford wow.

Yup, I agree, chief.4-1 is more realistic. Lechoke was mediocre in Gane 1, the Cavs lost. Lechoke was superb in Gane 2 and they still lost.

i agree chief...whether he plays well or not is really immaterial. he's facing a superb team being handled by a brilliant coach. that he must have to admit...or will he?

Yung nangyari sa raptors na sweep, wala kasi katapat si lebron, ngayon sa boston meron, nabaog sya kay morris at kay smart, homecourt naman ng cavs 2 games, expected 2-2 yan, kikilos na ang mga refs nyan, pag balik ng homecourt ng boston 3-2 or 4-2, hindi na yan mag 4-3, mag 2-2 lang cavs sa home court nila tatapusin na ng boston 4-2 ang series pag balik sa bahay nila. wala kwenta si lebron pag nadepensahan.

Yung nangyari sa raptors na sweep, wala kasi katapat si lebron, ngayon sa boston meron, nabaog sya kay morris at kay smart, homecourt naman ng cavs 2 games, expected 2-2 yan, kikilos na ang mga refs nyan, pag balik ng homecourt ng boston 3-2 or 4-2, hindi na yan mag 4-3, mag 2-2 lang cavs sa home court nila tatapusin na ng boston 4-2 ang series pag balik sa bahay nila. wala kwenta si lebron pag nadepensahan.

With the way the Cs are playing? I doubt it will be 2-2. I will give one win for the Cavs at home but 2 straight games with the way the Cs are playing lock down defense? I don't think so. 4-1 Celtics.

I almost forgot. Danny Ainge has fleeced the Cavs. The Cavs have the number 8 pick. Haha!

• Like (+1) 1