Boston Celtics

Robert Williams III is a 2x SEC Defensive Player of the year. An athletic high-level rebounder in his 2 seasons at Texas A&M, he was projected to be drafted in the teens in most mock draft and at 27, it's an excellent value for the Celtics. A "De-andre Jordan/ Clint Capella" type of player, according to most scouting reports. Offensively, he's worst that Marcus Smart but has the potential as a high-flying, shot blocking rim running type of player.

Yes, I read that he was projected to be drafted in the top 15 but teams didn't know much about his medical history. Michael Porter, a Tatum and Durant-like player, was projected to be number one but his medical history made him sink to number 14. If he improves his free-throw shooting, he's gonna be a complete center who will take over from Al Horford.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 1

The present:

Hayward

Horford

Irving

The future:

Brown

Tatum

Williams

Rozier

Williams, Brown, Tatum and Rozier are all athletic. This core four (and five with another draft pick next year) will strike fear into the hearts of opposing teams as these four will be part of the next Celtic dynasty.

Since Le Bron went to the West, which team do you think will now be on Boston's way to the Finals?

If you're talking which team is a threat, I don't think there's anyone that can seriously threaten the Cs in the East. As long as Simmons does not develop that three-point shot, he will be a limited player whom the Cs can clog the lane on. Embiid can't do it alone. Milwaukee? They need another superstar aside from Ante to run with the Cs. Toronto? Not a chance. Even if James stayed in Cleveland, the Cavs will fall in 5 as currently constructed.

Edited by will robie

If you're talking which team is a threat, I don't think there's anyone that can seriously threaten the Cs in the East. As long as Simmons does not develop that three-point shot, he will be a limited player whom the Cs can clog the lane on. Embiid can't do it alone. Milwaukee? They need another superstar aside from Ante to run with the Cs. Toronto? Not a chance. Even if James stayed in Cleveland, the Cavs will fall in 5 as currently constructed.

Great insight, on how things are constructed, so next year is Celtics biggest chance to win it all as long as there are no more injuries... As far as the last season goes, Celtics match up well at the Warriors... I still believe Golden State is still the team to beat... But it looks like Celtics may get that banner 18 next year...

Great insight, on how things are constructed, so next year is Celtics biggest chance to win it all as long as there are no more injuries... As far as the last season goes, Celtics match up well at the Warriors... I still believe Golden State is still the team to beat... But it looks like Celtics may get that banner 18 next year...

If you look at the last two years' match ups with two almost different lineups, the Ws had a difficult time with the Cs. Brad knows how to play them.

It was reported that De Marcus Cousins had two teams in mind... The Warriors and the Cetics... If De Marcus joined Boston instead, will it solve the Celtics problems that persist every year on the team?

Boston does not need DC as much as before. Ever since the Cs acquired Hayward and Irving, they didn't need another scorer. A couple of years back, DC was rumored to be someone Ainge wanted but that was when the Cs only had IT as the go-to-guy. They needed another scorer that was why DC was linked to the Cs. By drafting Robert Williams, the Cs solved their long-time problem of finding a shot-blocker.

Do you guys think a Brown-Rozier-Leonard trade is an upgrade? Or better stick to their current roster?

This is a bargain! Kawhi Leonard is a PROVEN top 5 player in the league who's just entering/is in his prime. 2x-DPOY, Finals MVP, 2x-All-NBA 1st team. C'mon, who wouldn't want that for just those 2 players?! Sure there's the risk that Kawhi would still move to LA, but with the Celtics' contender status, much-hyped culture and Stevens' ability, wouldn't that be enough to persuade Kawhi to re-sign?

I say pull the trigger ... though the Spurs won't likely accept.

Danny would not risk any of his young guns over someone who already had a serious injury and an apparent attitude problem. Besides, Jaylen had a slightly better sophomore year than Kawhi. Why trade for Kawhi when you alrrady have your own Kawhi in Jaylen?

Brown and Tatum are the cornerstones of the future and not just any player.

Edited by will robie
  • Like (+1) 2

UPDATE

The Celtics reportedly signed Euroleague guard Brad Wanamaker to add depth and versatility to their bench

Based on what I saw on this guy, he has a three-point shot and likes to take the ball to the hole. He's an average defender but I think he will be a good defender under Brad. He's also very patient when making decisions since he is a point guard.

• Like (+1) 1

Based on what I saw on this guy, he has a three-point shot and likes to take the ball to the hole. He's an average defender but I think he will be a good defender under Brad. He's also very patient when making decisions since he is a point guard.

A taller replacement for Shane Larkin. :)

• Like (+1) 1

How about getting Carmelo Anthony who will be waived by the hawks?

Tatum and Brown will come off the bench for superior bench firepower

1st unit:

Kyrie - Smart - Melo - Hayward - Big Al (small but fast lineup)

2nd unit:

Rozier - Brown - Tatum - Morris - Baynes (the playoff core)

Not Melo... The roster is a lot better without Melo...